Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Enjoy your stay and visit, John, your absence and excuse certainly won't be hard to understand...just a bit of jealousy;)
Thank you, PJ. :)

Great photos, I enjoy catching fish, small or large...look forward to seeing the big one!
Unfortunately, the big one got away. My wife was ready wirh the camera, but he shook the fly before I could land him. :oops:

3BkgdCh.jpg
How does the steel on that knife get so dark? I have plenty of carbon steel knives, and apart from a few pepper spots, they all seem to patina to light grey and stay there.

Great read Greg and love the diversity in the horn:cool:

Thanks Paul. The ‘17 Guardians Edition had a wonderful array of horn. Everyone’s is a bit different, but all are spectacular, in my opinion.

Nice photo, Greg! .....kinda reminds me of The Beatles White album, here for a detailed comparison!:p:thumbsup:
21ivvn7zgal-_sx355_-jpg.1161709

:D

enjoyed your story, Greg, and look forward to more. Beautiful Horn!:cool:

Thank you. :)

Thank you Greg for your fascinating real world in the kitchen account. Well done. Your testing gives one the confidence that in a pinch, a good, sharp Lambsfoot knife will suffice for kitchen duty needs.

Thanks. I was mostly curious about, and motivated by, the similarities in shape between those two knives. There are differences, too, of course.

The whole experience does have we wondering about the utility of a fixed blade lambsfoot, perhaps with a slightly longer blade, in the kitchen. Perhaps @Cambertree has some thoughts to share, or we will get some experience reports from @flatblackcapo and @mitch4ging once they’ve completed theirs. Regardless, I’m excited that more folks with the skills to produce them have fixed blade Lambsfoots underway or on the list of things to make.

Back