Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Looks peaceful and relaxing.:thumbsup:

Thanks for giving us a little peek at where you are, John. :cool::cool: Hope you have a positively memorable time there! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic John, thank you for taking us (and your Hartshead Barlow) along with you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the well-wishes and comments on my little excursion. I had a fantastic time walking around the old logging town and talking to locals about its history. The fishing was fun, the food was excellent, and the people were so nice. My wife and I decided we need to find more little towns to spend time in and explore. Vacations don't always have to be about thrills and entertainment, sometimes education and relaxation are just what the soul needs.

John, Where do you fly fish? I took this shot of a smallie Rainbow that I caught on a #16 tan Caddis emerger whilst fishing the Red Bank Creek in Brookville, PA. Just a beautiful fish. Was a catch and release. However, we keep a few for fish-fry-Wednesday and I use my Victorinox Pioneer Alox to clean them.
View attachment 1162435
A lovely Rainbow you caught, and on a fly makes it even more respectable.
I mostly fish the Sierra Nevada streams in California, like the Carson River, Walker River, American River, and Sacramento River. It's always fly fishing, catch and release. I also take a pilgrimage every couple of years to the Madison River in Montana, Fly Fishing Mecca. :cool: :thumbsup:

Another pic from my hike today :thumbsup:

z4c95yP.jpg
Jack, I really enjoyed ALL of your pictures from your hike. :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm back from my trip, it was wonderful and relaxing.
I think I did an okay job of keeping up with the Guardian thread, even given the crappy mountain wifi and limited time at the computer. I had you guys on my mind as I walked around town and visited shops and museums. I even picked up this little souvenir so I could post a picture of it...

And as I leave my vacation adventures behind me, I'll post one more picture from down by the river...

Another striking pair of very distinguished ironwood lambsfoots!
Thank you GT.

My Lambsfoot of the Week is Valley Jack, my 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot:
vj-pile-vopen-knothole-jpg.1162420
Striking photo of Valley Jack!

Just thought I'd post a few pics before I try to catch up
Beautiful scenery shots Jack. Looks like you had a great walk-a-bout.

Lovely photo of your Hartshead Dwight
Thank you sir.

Breakfast is served! An open faced chip butty with fresh cooked veggies, spices, extra sharp white cheddar. Topped with a couple of sunny side up eggs and a few liberal dashes of Henderson's. Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. The Lambsfoot performed its tasks admirably, it is a slicing machine!
Wow that is a beautiful heavenly repast! :eek:

:thumbsup: You should see the fungi I brought home with me today!
Don't let Rayse see that Jack. He'll have you making a voodoo mask out of it. :D

IMG_4117.jpeg

Very cool time travel story, Greg! ;):cool::cool: (Thinking about time travel always makes my head hurt, though. :rolleyes:)

Thanks, GT! I had to put it far enough into the future so that folks would forget by then if I get it wrong. ;)

Hi Guardians, hope everyone is having a good day :) 7.30pm here, and I've not been back home long after what actually turned out to be a pretty good hike :) The weather has been great too :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd post a few pics before I try to catch up :thumbsup:

XRtTBx6.jpg

ZGpRy1g.jpg

GpSvPpf.jpg

yYjKuze.jpg

semPWoe.jpg

lHfkhlW.jpg

foongQF.jpg

oD39UCE.jpg

Looks like a fantastic day, my friend. Thanks for taking us all along!

A lot of coincidences here lately! I finished my hike in a small West Yorkshire market town, where I saw there was an beer shop. I just had time to dash in for a couple of cans of beer before my bus came, and grabbed two more or less at random. Never seen this beer before, or even heard of it, it was only when I saw your pic Dylan, I realised one of the beers was this one! :cool: Nice to be able to taste one of your favourites :) :thumbsup:

Woah. A lot of coincidences indeed. I haven't tried that one, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Should be easy enough to find here.

Excellent report Greg, thank you :) We learn about knives by using them I think, and the kitchen is a good place to start. Sounds like the Lambsfoot did OK :) :thumbsup:

So true, Jack. I've had many an initial evaluation changed once I put a knife to actual use.

Thank you, Greg! I enjoyed your kitchen post as well. I am fond of looking at pictures of these fine knives as much as any of us but experiencing real world use through others is something else altogether.

Thanks for that, Dylan. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed your chip butty post, too. Thank you for that, too. Nice to get a practical review of the Waynorth lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

I find it a fascinating subject Greg, I've always thought I'd need to have a blade with some belly for certain tasks, and yet for most of mankind's history, we mainly used straight-edged blades, and seem to have managed perfectly well with them. I haven't hunted in years, but I've been using the 'Frostfoot' @Cambetree very kindly gifted me in the kitchen, and find it at least as useful as my other kitchen knives. It has some similarities with the Lambsfoot blade, but is obviously wider. I'd love to know how Chin is getting on with his 'Lambshank' :thumbsup:

Fascinating indeed. I'd also love to hear about how the Lambshank is faring. I noticed a patina on it the last time he showed it, so I suspect it hasn't been lazing about in a drawer. :)

What a great pic Greg! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you! The first caption was "The Three Amigos", but I thought they looked a bit too serious for that. ;)

Thanks for the well-wishes and comments on my little excursion. I had a fantastic time walking around the old logging town and talking to locals about its history. The fishing was fun, the food was excellent, and the people were so nice. My wife and I decided we need to find more little towns to spend time in and explore. Vacations don't always have to be about thrills and entertainment, sometimes education and relaxation are just what the soul needs.

Amen. Glad you had a great time. Welcome back!

Missed a few pages while I was hand-stitching this hat, but I think it was worth it!

pULBfSb.jpg

Okay, I didn't hand-stitch the hat.

It turned out great!

I can wear the Tabasco sauce. DON"T know about the strawberry jam though.:eek:. We can get a little thread going here. Tips on how to cook a spam and peanut butter sandwich. o_O. See what you have started. The strong liqueur claims another victim!!!;)

That'll have to be another thread ;) :thumbsup:

I was about to say the same thing! I certainly don't want to start anything, but I will have one post this weekend with appropriate lambsfoot content. :)

I'm a man of means by no means. Bomp, bomp.... King of the Road.
:D:thumbsup:
Love that Blonde horn!:D
Thank you very much, Mark!:thumbsup: It's so easy to carry!
Good Morning Guardians
Spent the first hour of the morning fishing a little creek. Caught a ton of really small fish.
I will hunt down some bigger fish this evening...But the little guys were a ton of fun to catch.

Still....how relaxing, John! Good for you. I enjoy fishing for Crappie with ultralight gear, just fun fishing. Of course these days I mostly do catch and release.
It's packaged up, and will be on its way soon Dennis :) :thumbsup:
Thank you so very much, Jack!
Anything worn that is comfortable, is something I would be loath to discard.
Much to my wife's dismay, I'm right there with you!:thumbsup:
Your biggest compass image is a fine one.
:D
Thank you very much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
Beautiful photo, Dwight!!:eek::thumbsup:
Gx4Ag1Lh.jpg

All for one, one for all.
:cool::thumbsup:
Good things come in threes!;)
Totin my Ironwood Damascus today. :) Forgive the recycled photo. By the time I got home from the Y this morning the sun was hitting my outdoor photo lab a little too much! ;) Hope all of you Guardians have a great day! :D

47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b.jpg
Well it's certainly worth reposting, Ron!:):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Heading back home soon, it's been a wonderfully refreshing trip. :cool::thumbsup:

Lovely photo, John!:) I guess no fish scales on it this go-round?:cool:
Cup of Columbian coffee
View attachment 1162336
Happy Tuesday Guardians!
Nice foto, Best Dad!:):thumbsup:
Wonderful photo of a great knife, Harvey!!:eek: Love the old guys!:thumbsup:
Made in England. :D

zYsS1Gp.jpg
:D:thumbsup:
Nice photo, Barrett!:cool:

I'll try to catch up some more tomorrow, so many great photos and comments!

Mine for the next couple of days...
xsLJr0y.jpg

Night, all!

Really great photos Jack. Looks like the formation of patina on the HHB.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Thank you Bill, yeah, both my Hartshead Barlows have got a little patina :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the wonderful pics, it looks like you had a wonderful day. :thumbsup:

I haven't snapped a Lambsfoot pic today so here is one from the archives.
36155788012_b62317cc08_h.jpg

Thanks mate, it was a good day :) Nice to see that one again :thumbsup:

A lovely Rainbow you caught, and on a fly makes it even more respectable.
I mostly fish the Sierra Nevada streams in California, like the Carson River, Walker River, American River, and Sacramento River. It's always fly fishing, catch and release. I also take a pilgrimage every couple of years to the Madison River in Montana, Fly Fishing Mecca. :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack, I really enjoyed ALL of your pictures from your hike. :cool: :thumbsup:

That sounds like a perfect time John, those are just the sort of breaks I love :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm back from my trip, it was wonderful and relaxing.
I think I did an okay job of keeping up with the Guardian thread, even given the crappy mountain wifi and limited time at the computer. I had you guys on my mind as I walked around town and visited shops and museums. I even picked up this little souvenir so I could post a picture of it...

And as I leave my vacation adventures behind me, I'll post one more picture from down by the river...

You did a fantastic job John :thumbsup: I love your souvenir compass, great pics :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful scenery shots Jack. Looks like you had a great walk-a-bout.

Don't let Rayse see that Jack. He'll have you making a voodoo mask out of it. :D

View attachment 1162527

Thanks Dwight, I do like a midweek hike, kind of feels like playing hookey! :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Stunning pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Missed a few pages while I was hand-stitching this hat, but I think it was worth it!

pULBfSb.jpg

Okay, I didn't hand-stitch the hat.

Absolutely fantastic Barry :D :) :thumbsup:

Looks like a fantastic day, my friend. Thanks for taking us all along!

So true, Jack. I've had many an initial evaluation changed once I put a knife to actual use.

Thank you Greg :) Same here my friend, not least with the Lambsfoot, when my grandfather gave me my first Lambsfoot, I wondered what the heck he had given me! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

Very NICE Barry:thumbsup:
Again today:thumbsup:
PyxH0r.jpg

and this FACE!!!
6qiw2v.jpg

Awwww :) Great pics Paul :) :thumbsup:

I was about to say the same thing! I certainly don't want to start anything, but I will have one post this weekend with appropriate lambsfoot content. :)

Looking forward to it Vince :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Mine for the next couple of days...
xsLJr0y.jpg

Night, all!

Cool pic Dennis :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Back