Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A pleasure my friend, that's a great appreciation of your humble rosewood Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
All thanks to you, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

All of mine:
0AV02o6.jpg
Great flock, Rachel.
Looks both you and I need to push for ebony next year. ;)

Looks like you put it straight to use :) :thumbsup:
Haha, yeah, I'm really not good at keeping things pristine. I don't have any non-users... but I got pretty close with this new one, actually... held off cutting anything with it for a full 4 days before I couldn't take it anymore. Funny cause I specifically intended to not use it when I bought it...

Jack Black Jack Black - In this description, what does 31.25 mean? Is it the Model Number or what?

A Wright 31.25 Buffalo Lambfoot folding pocket knife, Carbon

Last edited:
It is addicting, isn't it? I'll bet you could come up with some fine looking re-covers for those.
Is the A.Wrights a current production? I've never seen the "real lamb foot" etch on a composite covered knife.

It LOOKS like a more current build to me, but who knows?? The composite isn't very beat up, and the blade is overall pretty clean.

Okay, I don't have a "REAL LAMBFOOT" as noted by the plain blade, but awesome none the less. Ebony is nice.
View attachment 1163120

Welcome to The Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic of your flock Rachel :thumbsup:

It's all your fault Jack. :p I'm certain you are single-handedly responsible for doubling, tripling (or even more :eek:) the number of lambsfoot knives in this country. :thumbsup:

Not that I'd get any thanks for it in Sheffield! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - In this description, what does 31.25 mean? Is it the Model Number or what?

A Wright 31.25 Buffalo Lambfoot folding pocket knife, Carbon

Where is the description from Ed/ Wright's have a very confusing catalogue system, (and most of their dealers are pretty clueless too), but I guess that is their Model 31 1/4, the smallest Lambsfoot they do :thumbsup:

QAlX2m5.jpg

You'll probably need a blanket if it doesn't arrive until tomorrow.:rolleyes::D

Just told my kid to run in and grab one for me. :)

:D :thumbsup:

It LOOKS like a more current build to me, but who knows?? The composite isn't very beat up, and the blade is overall pretty clean.

They have made that model for decades, but haven't routinely used the 'Real Lambfoot' etch for some time. It could just have not seen much use Glenn :thumbsup:

Taking this photo was certainly memorable Harvey, I had to sneak through a gate onto a private parking lot, jog across the lot, scramble up a steep bank, and pull myself up on a fence in order to get a shot opposite the TEW works! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

1GT8mXI.jpg
The things we will do to get a Lambsfoot pic, haha!
Fantastic shot, Jack.

Quite some time ago, some of you might recall that I decided to undertake the making of a "proper" chip butty. It was an interesting experience and I replicated it on a number of occasions afterwards. I haven't made one for quite some time though, as I've been trying to cut back on my gross carb intake (beer doesn't count :p).

Well, inspired by Greg's chicken processing and the wonderful performance of the Waynorth jigged at simply cutting up an apple, I decided to make a chip butty for breakfast this morning. However, this time, I was going to put my own spin on it. It definitely will not be a traditional chip butty but it will certainly be inspired by one. Of course, a Lambsfoot will be responsible for all of the food prep.

First, like always, we kick things off with some strong coffee.

5Av0xtS.jpg

Since the potatoes take the longest to cook, I prepped them first. A couple of things to note here: Not only does the length of the Waynorth Lambsfoot facilitate easy processing of the potatoes, the thin blade just sails through them. I made short work of these red potatoes (these are a household staple), cutting them up in slices that would lay flat on bread.

7ZBVeJd.jpg

Here is the beginning of my own "spin". I cut up a number of veggies, including the squash and zucchini that I harvested from my garden, setting them aside for now until the potatoes had progressed a bit more. The knife sailed through all of the veggies. The mushrooms posed a bit of a problem in that they had a tendency to stick to the blade.

iIidoOr.jpg

After the potatoes and veggies were finished, I toasted some bread, grated some extra sharp white cheddar (made right here in Oregon), and brought out a number of appropriate condiments.

115e7C7.jpg

Breakfast is served! An open faced chip butty with fresh cooked veggies, spices, extra sharp white cheddar. Topped with a couple of sunny side up eggs and a few liberal dashes of Henderson's. Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. The Lambsfoot performed its tasks admirably, it is a slicing machine!

ETwSj5J.jpg
Why does this thread always make me hungry?
Thanks for the most enjoyable post, Dylan. :thumbsup:

Very nice shot, Dwight.

I'm sitting outside, pondering the knife in my hand...
Why is this knife my favorite? I currently own about 30 knives, and HAVE owned a hundred more... Why this one?

A gift from Jack... Strong pulls... butter-smooth action... replace-ability makes me not afraid to use it (I have backups)... African Rosewood makes it kind of unique... straight blade is easy to sharpen... easy to strop back up... gigantic nail mark is easy to locate... size is perfect for hand and pocket... shape fills the hand... slim enough for the watch pocket... 'snap' is ridiculous... wonderful fidget toy... won't close on you by accident... blade perfectly centered... satin blade wears well and continues to look good... perfect blade shape for opening packages... cutting food... carving sticks... fine tip control... unique blade shape makes people ask about it... fit and finish are not perfect but definitely above average... takes a lot of abuse and shrugs it all off... earning its keep... it's unique in my little world... it looks like a hard use knife, not a safe queen... a gift from Jack...

tumblr_p4bh1vi23w1rrkahjo7_500.gif

Cool photo, FBC, and I'm sure your stag HHB is securely lashed to the car, but you really ought to invest in one of those lambsfoot roof racks! :thumbsup::D:D
You are right, can you imagine the damage that could occur if the HHB fell off at the speeds that could be obtained by that thing?! :eek: I was actually a little scared that it would slip and fall while I was carrying it to the street....and that I might be run over while taking Lambsfoot pics. :D
The mark side of Valley Jack looks like a river running though the valley floor.....Well, to me anyway. :D

You folks are quite the enablers, aren't you? These just in...

View attachment 1163073

Not sure I'll keep the composite covers forever, but they are a nice addition to my tiny flock. This is quite addicting!

Yep! ;) No doubt you have been bitten! :thumbsup::)

Ha Ha!!!:D I have way more Lambsfoot knives than I ever thought I'd have!!!:)

You must have a lot Charlie :) :thumbsup:

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

It is addicting, isn't it? I'll bet you could come up with some fine looking re-covers for those.
Is the A.Wrights a current production? I've never seen the "real lamb foot" etch on a composite covered knife.

All of mine:
0AV02o6.jpg

Funny how this pattern grabs ya!
Btw, I agree with kamagong kamagong , it's all Jack's fault. :D:thumbsup:

Where is the description from Ed/ Wright's have a very confusing catalogue system, (and most of their dealers are pretty clueless too), but I guess that is their Model 31 1/4, the smallest Lambsfoot they do :thumbsup:

QAlX2m5.jpg

Thanks Jack. That makes sense. Yes, it's from a dealer. I believe it's a small one as the blade is described as 6.5cm. Anyway, we'll see next week when it gets here. It has Buffalo Horn covers.

Thanks to Chin's generous expertise, I have modified my Hartshead Barlow pile side to be more of a match with the mark cover. Potassium permangate dissolved in water and painted onto the cover with a Q-tip: dab, wait 30 seconds, wipe off and wait a couple minutes for the purple to turn tan brown. Repeat until the color you want is achieved. I like it, very much.

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg

Nice choice Vince ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks!
There's a lot to be said for those rosewood knives I think :) :thumbsup:
It's not as pretty as my ironwood, but it has a great texture. The ironwood is a little slick.
You're a purist Vince :D :thumbsup: Smashing pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:
Ironwood sure is beautiful. The pic was taken on a cast iron comal, which is used to cook tortillas on.

That's what I was thinking!

The things we will do to get a Lambsfoot pic, haha!
Fantastic shot, Jack.

Thanks for the most enjoyable post, Dylan. :thumbsup:

Very nice shot, Dwight.

tumblr_p4bh1vi23w1rrkahjo7_500.gif

You are right, can you imagine the damage that could occur if the HHB fell off at the speeds that could be obtained by that thing?! :eek: I was actually a little scared that it would slip and fall while I was carrying it to the street....and that I might be run over while taking Lambsfoot pics. :D
The mark side of Valley Jack looks like a river running though the valley floor.....Well, to me anyway. :D

Funny how this pattern grabs ya!
Btw, I agree with kamagong kamagong , it's all Jack's fault. :D:thumbsup:

Thanks my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. That makes sense. Yes, it's from a dealer. I believe it's a small one as the blade is described as 6.5cm. Anyway, we'll see next week when it gets here. It has Buffalo Horn covers.

I hope you get a good one Ed, most of the UK dealers aren't up to much I'm afraid :( Looking forward to seeing it, and seeing what you think of it anyway :) :thumbsup:

With all the recent excitement, I can’t neglect this one.
G3RjN7N.jpg

Definitely not :) Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thanks to Chin's generous expertise, I have modified my Hartshead Barlow pile side to be more of a match with the mark cover. Potassium permangate dissolved in water and painted onto the cover with a Q-tip: dab, wait 30 seconds, wipe off and wait a couple minutes for the purple to turn tan brown. Repeat until the color you want is achieved. I like it, very much.

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg

Great work Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Ironwood sure is beautiful. The pic was taken on a cast iron comal, which is used to cook tortillas on.

That's pretty cool Vince :) :thumbsup:

I'll down to the market early tomorrow, and I think Lucy is due a day out and about ;) :thumbsup:

9tOxVGa.jpg

Back