1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    All thanks to you, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Great flock, Rachel.
    Looks both you and I need to push for ebony next year. ;)

2. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Haha, yeah, I'm really not good at keeping things pristine. I don't have any non-users... but I got pretty close with this new one, actually... held off cutting anything with it for a full 4 days before I couldn't take it anymore. Funny cause I specifically intended to not use it when I bought it...

3. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    It's all your fault Jack. :p I'm certain you are single-handedly responsible for doubling, tripling (or even more :eek:) the number of lambsfoot knives in this country. :thumbsup:

4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks! I guess so. Or jigged bone. Oh, what about smooth white bone!?!

5. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black - In this description, what does 31.25 mean? Is it the Model Number or what?

A Wright 31.25 Buffalo Lambfoot folding pocket knife, Carbon

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  6. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Dagnabit, r8shell, here I was thinking my collection was as complete as I want it to be and then you have to go and tempt me into dreaming of an addition! ;)

7. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    You'll probably need a blanket if it doesn't arrive until tomorrow.:rolleyes::D

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Just told my kid to run in and grab one for me. :)

9. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    It LOOKS like a more current build to me, but who knows?? The composite isn't very beat up, and the blade is overall pretty clean.

10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

It may not have the etch but it’s definitely Real! :thumbsup: Welcome to the Guardians! :)

11. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    R8shell, thats a nice gathering of great looking knives!

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - I hear you, Jack. One time I had a hankering for wedding cake. Bought one, sliced and placed it in the freezer. Took a whole year to finish. There’s just something about vanilla buttercream frosting from a bakery that speaks to me.:)

@JohnDF Thank you John.

Another fond perspective.
    [​IMG]

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Welcome to The Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic of your flock Rachel :thumbsup:

Not that I'd get any thanks for it in Sheffield! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Where is the description from Ed/ Wright's have a very confusing catalogue system, (and most of their dealers are pretty clueless too), but I guess that is their Model 31 1/4, the smallest Lambsfoot they do :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

:D :thumbsup:

They have made that model for decades, but haven't routinely used the 'Real Lambfoot' etch for some time. It could just have not seen much use Glenn :thumbsup:

14. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    The things we will do to get a Lambsfoot pic, haha!
    Fantastic shot, Jack.

Why does this thread always make me hungry?
    Thanks for the most enjoyable post, Dylan. :thumbsup:

Very nice shot, Dwight.

[​IMG]

You are right, can you imagine the damage that could occur if the HHB fell off at the speeds that could be obtained by that thing?! :eek: I was actually a little scared that it would slip and fall while I was carrying it to the street....and that I might be run over while taking Lambsfoot pics. :D
    The mark side of Valley Jack looks like a river running though the valley floor.....Well, to me anyway. :D

Funny how this pattern grabs ya!
    Btw, I agree with @kamagong , it's all Jack's fault. :D:thumbsup:

15. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Thanks Jack. That makes sense. Yes, it's from a dealer. I believe it's a small one as the blade is described as 6.5cm. Anyway, we'll see next week when it gets here. It has Buffalo Horn covers.

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you!

Jack Black likes this.
  17. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    With all the recent excitement, I can’t neglect this one.
    [​IMG]

18. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks to Chin's generous expertise, I have modified my Hartshead Barlow pile side to be more of a match with the mark cover. Potassium permangate dissolved in water and painted onto the cover with a Q-tip: dab, wait 30 seconds, wipe off and wait a couple minutes for the purple to turn tan brown. Repeat until the color you want is achieved. I like it, very much.

Mark side:
    [​IMG]

Pile side before:
    [​IMG]

Pile side after:
    [​IMG]

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks!
    It's not as pretty as my ironwood, but it has a great texture. The ironwood is a little slick.
    Ironwood sure is beautiful. The pic was taken on a cast iron comal, which is used to cook tortillas on.

That's what I was thinking!

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks my friend! :D :thumbsup:

I hope you get a good one Ed, most of the UK dealers aren't up to much I'm afraid :( Looking forward to seeing it, and seeing what you think of it anyway :) :thumbsup:

Definitely not :) Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Great work Jeff :) :thumbsup:

That's pretty cool Vince :) :thumbsup:

I'll down to the market early tomorrow, and I think Lucy is due a day out and about ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]