1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Oh my God. Did you notice that their sign says "Drive Thru". Once I pulled in there, I'd be making lap after lap through that "Drive Thru".

2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    It was very good Jeff, I have to do the same to my!!!;):thumbsup:

3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Preston...:):thumbsup:

pjsjr likes this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Yeah, I'd like to see what you'd scrim on a lambsfoot! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Somebody's got to say it, Harvey, so I'll "take one for the Guardians team": your knife is a real cupcake! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I consider that handsome horn, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remember Ralph Nader and Corvairs? Taking lambsfoot pics is "unsafe at any speed". :eek::D
    Now that you point it out, I can see that river flow too! (I should insert an obligatory link to Dylan's Watching the River Flow here, but the first couple versions I found online were almost unrecognizable to me. :confused:)

I hope none of us will neglect our ironwoods, Dave; those are fantastic knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Impressive transformation, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I hope you'll give us a before/after report as Jeff did, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

We all love Lucy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cool pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (I have to confess that it took me quite a while to figure out the carving; I thought it was some kind of anthropomorphized Kimodo dragon. Given the identity of the poster, I SHOULD have seen a fish immediately! :(:rolleyes:)

Nice poem and Tree of Knife, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dave, I'm PUI (Posting Under the Influence) from that double shot of lambsfoot stag! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't beat apples and cheese, FBC! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your etch is fading,
    I can see your etch fading,
    Oooh, it's fading
    Away from me!

I obviously was not considering my future peace of mind! :(
    Peerless pile side, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great break of dawn shot and informative post, Preston! :cool::cool::thumbsup: We have a female toy poodle for whom I toss a few kibble nuggets before her meal each AM and PM. They're small, and sometimes the light is not great, and she can't retrieve all of them (and my eyes don't help her at all). But after she eats, she always goes back to the correct areas to look for the ones she couldn't find immediately. :cool:

For the past 50 years, I've been saying, "We can put men on the moon, but we can't get a VW bus to play vinyl without a turntable??" Looks like my years of frustration are over!! :p
    Great photo! What time did you take that one? The light angle is so low! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats, folks! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I sure hope you'll post those elegant ebonies here when they arrive!

I find the econolambsfoots very appealing! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

More Valley Jack from cooler days:
    IJ.pile.closed.snow.onback.jpg

- GT

Attached Files:

mitch4ging, tmd_87, TFBraden and 14 others like this.
  5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    From your lips to God's ear, I hope, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: My county is under a NWS Extreme Heat Advisory until 8pm Saturday, but I'm still hoping for at least 3 more months of summery weather!
    That rosewood HHB is handsome as heck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great knife, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm another guy who got the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot from @mrknife! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup: And, coincidentally, the mark side on mine looks very similar to the pile side on yours:
    View attachment 1163854

I'd vote for Dylan's chip butty with fried egg! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Chin, I think FBC has the keys to his town's sewer system, so he can get those street level shots by just looking out of the storm drains! :p

I really didn't need you to suggest a connection between Spam and Soylent Green! :(:eek:

Looking forward to your pasty report, hopefully within the next couple of weeks before I head up to Pasty Country. :rolleyes: Chin, have you ever run across Bell's Two-Hearted Ale? Given your Hemingway favorite, you'll have to try it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I think the Humbles are heavenly and highly functional! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your SambLamb is pure Glam, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Something is wrong with most of us, Bill! :eek::p
    So far, I can at least keep myself to the budget I've set for myself, but I often resent myself for choosing such a low number! :D

Is that Lucy driving the pink Coupe De Ville?? I wonder if she calls herself Maybellene when she gets behind the wheel?

Thanks, Jack. :)

Is that the source of your legendary baked goods delights, Harvey? :p:cool::cool:

Less risk than eating Cheerios that fall on the kitchen floor. :)

Jack, when it comes to knives, I'm quite a bigot; I really have little interest in anything besides folding knives. :thumbsdown: But you are such an inclusive soul without a prejudiced bone in your body when it comes to edged tools of ANY kind! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: You and Skoll are on a roll, John!

- GT

6. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary...:):thumbsup:

7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Bamboo stalks, with stems and leaves. Symbols of strength, flexibility and harmony.

Cambertree and Fodderwing like this.
  8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That one might have to wait for the book John - and the lawyers! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Nice to see the Sun-Chaser unbound! ;) :thumbsup:

I was thinking that we have no native birds of that colour here Rachel, which we don't, but I did wonder if the feather was from a parakeet, which we do have, though of course they are not native to our shores. Apparently, a pair were released by Jimi Hendrix in the 1960's, and earlier, in 1951, during the filming of 'The African Queen', a number escaped from the studios :eek: :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, the box was of more interest to me than the contents :thumbsup:

:D

Thanks Dwight :thumbsup:

That sounds like a great choice Preston :) It sure is nice seeing a dog enjoying life like that instead of mooching around in the city :thumbsup:

9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018

But Gary, Soylent Green is people, but Spam is just pork shoulder and ham. :D

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary, great post :D And a great pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

Could be my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you GT, but I often think the same about you, and I know I am not alone in that. I think someone once said that they couldn't imagine a knife that you wouldn't like :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, tmd_87, TFBraden and 12 others like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hitting the hay here, but think I'm going to go with some ebony tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

12. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Oh! Your photo gives me an idea. Yakisugi covers could make for a very cool lambsfoot.

Sleep well.

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks you. :)
    The knife does all the work for me, it's my most photogenic.

I was afraid it was going to blow this little pig's house down. :eek: :D

Thank you, I give all the credit to the subject. :)

My interests only vary so much. It's either Sci-Fi, Cowboy stuff, Jeeps, or Fishing. :D

Thanks, GT. :)

Dang! Now I really want to read that book. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank, Jack. Skoll was happy to get out of the house for a while. :D

mitch4ging, TFBraden, pjsjr and 4 others like this.
  14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack,:thumbsup::D

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    You forgot baseball!

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, @Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I think you meant to say football. ;) :D :D :D

18. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    I'll have a double lamb, please.:p
    [​IMG]

19. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    likewise buddy! hope you and duncan can make another one soon!

Jack Black and TFBraden like this.
  20. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Good choice Jack. :thumbsup:;)
    [​IMG]