Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Sir. No, Jack. They have a strict don’t ask, don’t tell wedding cake ordering philosophy.:D

Your generous nature is only one of your many fine qualities. Say hi to the fellas from the Guardians.

View attachment 1163703

Oh my God. Did you notice that their sign says "Drive Thru". Once I pulled in there, I'd be making lap after lap through that "Drive Thru".

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg

It was very good Jeff, I have to do the same to my!!!;):thumbsup:

Thanks! I guess so. Or jigged bone. Oh, what about smooth white bone!?!
Yeah, I'd like to see what you'd scrim on a lambsfoot! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Another fond perspective.
352832C8-AAD8-4848-85A2-668ADE4E0C49_zpslucs7nn8.jpeg
Somebody's got to say it, Harvey, so I'll "take one for the Guardians team": your knife is a real cupcake! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I consider that handsome horn, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You are right, can you imagine the damage that could occur if the HHB fell off at the speeds that could be obtained by that thing?! :eek: I was actually a little scared that it would slip and fall while I was carrying it to the street....and that I might be run over while taking Lambsfoot pics. :D
The mark side of Valley Jack looks like a river running though the valley floor.....Well, to me anyway. :D
Remember Ralph Nader and Corvairs? Taking lambsfoot pics is "unsafe at any speed". :eek::D
Now that you point it out, I can see that river flow too! (I should insert an obligatory link to Dylan's Watching the River Flow here, but the first couple versions I found online were almost unrecognizable to me. :confused:)

With all the recent excitement, I can’t neglect this one.
G3RjN7N.jpg
I hope none of us will neglect our ironwoods, Dave; those are fantastic knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg
Impressive transformation, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment "smoking hot Jack". Unfortunately, as with many stag handles the pile side is rather drab. I plan to fix it a bit with the help of Mr potassium permanganate. I promised myself to be careful and go slow
I hope you'll give us a before/after report as Jeff did, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

We all love Lucy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cool pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (I have to confess that it took me quite a while to figure out the carving; I thought it was some kind of anthropomorphized Kimodo dragon. Given the identity of the poster, I SHOULD have seen a fish immediately! :(:rolleyes:)

Kipo9y8h.jpg

It started with one.
Soon there were two.
Three was enough:
I declared myself through.

But then there were four.
Five and six came this year.
I must hold fast,
Or it'll be seven, I fear!
Nice poem and Tree of Knife, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dave, I'm PUI (Posting Under the Influence) from that double shot of lambsfoot stag! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't beat apples and cheese, FBC! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your etch is fading,
I can see your etch fading,
Oooh, it's fading
Away from me!

What on earth were you thinking??????? :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D
View attachment 1163318
I obviously was not considering my future peace of mind! :(
Peerless pile side, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Training yesterday started early...with a spectacular sunrise and Rosie in the picture.
IMG_1248.JPG

Great break of dawn shot and informative post, Preston! :cool::cool::thumbsup: We have a female toy poodle for whom I toss a few kibble nuggets before her meal each AM and PM. They're small, and sometimes the light is not great, and she can't retrieve all of them (and my eyes don't help her at all). But after she eats, she always goes back to the correct areas to look for the ones she couldn't find immediately. :cool:

Well here's one you will like and @pjsjr Preston might like it too. It's a little VW split that is a record player. You set in on your record ( never a record that you value at all ) and it drives around the record and plays music. They were also known as " Vinyl killers" haha

48311709286_419eda29d1_h.jpg

A video that shows it in action.
For the past 50 years, I've been saying, "We can put men on the moon, but we can't get a VW bus to play vinyl without a turntable??" Looks like my years of frustration are over!! :p
Great photo! What time did you take that one? The light angle is so low! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yipee, I have an ebony 93 waynorth lambsfoot on the way.
As do I. Congrats!
Congrats, folks! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I sure hope you'll post those elegant ebonies here when they arrive!

Stainless day par excellance, for even the coolest of cats.
FWHtFxX.jpg
I find the econolambsfoots very appealing! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

More Valley Jack from cooler days:
IJ.pile.closed.snow.onback.jpg

- GT

Attachments

• gl.mark.halfopen.GLOW.jpg
    gl.mark.halfopen.GLOW.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
Me, too. Another three months to go at least.
UkJM6VZ.jpg
I really can't complain too much. This summer has been relatively cool so far. Only a couple of days above 100 degrees.
From your lips to God's ear, I hope, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: My county is under a NWS Extreme Heat Advisory until 8pm Saturday, but I'm still hoping for at least 3 more months of summery weather!
That rosewood HHB is handsome as heck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today's entry, a feathered horn Lamb Foot gifted by Jack (mrknife) and I know Jacked gifted SEVERAL members here:eek::thumbsup: Thanks Jack, miss ya buddy, it was fun hanging with you at the rendezvous:cool:
YicRo2.jpg

Great knife, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm another guy who got the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot from mrknife mrknife ! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup: And, coincidentally, the mark side on mine looks very similar to the pile side on yours:
View attachment 1163854

Maybe Jack's Sunday Sausage Sandwich with Henderson's would be more appropriate. Or a chip butty. ;)
I'd vote for Dylan's chip butty with fried egg! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That sounds so wonderful. My wife and I were talking about making McCloud a yearly trip.

Sometimes we have to ponder and mull over our important decisions, like what's your favorite knife. You know, the important stuff. ;)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Awesome pic Kevin. After seeing that photo Duncan took of Jack framing a photo of his Lambsfoot, I laughed to think that we’re probably all well familiar with that odd look from strangers who walk past when we’re taking knife photos in public. But surely you have to get the current ‘Guardians Photojournalist Award’ for laying down in the middle of the road to get that great photo!
Heh heh, sounds like another word for Soylent Green, GT.

Thanks GT. That’s interesting about the Finnish pasties. Most bakeries here have Cornish pasties (with carrot), but I’m keen to try a proper English one, to see if it’s any different. We have tomato sauce on ours too - gravy sounds a bit odd.

Your mention of the Michigan U.P., along with John’s fantastic account of his recent trout fishing trip, made me think of my favourite Hemingway story, which is set in the U.P.: Big Two-Hearted River.
I just thought I’d mention in closing, that I’m glad to see along with all the fine Waynorths and Guardians specials, that many folk are still digging their basic ol’ worker Lambsfoot knives.
Here’s to the ‘Humbles’!
lQVYsop.jpg
Chin, I think FBC has the keys to his town's sewer system, so he can get those street level shots by just looking out of the storm drains! :p

I really didn't need you to suggest a connection between Spam and Soylent Green! :(:eek:

Looking forward to your pasty report, hopefully within the next couple of weeks before I head up to Pasty Country. :rolleyes: Chin, have you ever run across Bell's Two-Hearted Ale? Given your Hemingway favorite, you'll have to try it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I think the Humbles are heavenly and highly functional! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been taking care of some appointments this morning! I had this wee Sambar along with one of its domestic cousins in my pockets! :D

39523218435_f877689264_b_d.jpg
Your SambLamb is pure Glam, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am attempting to buy yet another - can't help myself. Something is very wrong with me

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg
Something is wrong with most of us, Bill! :eek::p
So far, I can at least keep myself to the budget I've set for myself, but I often resent myself for choosing such a low number! :D

I am amazed I still have this cadillac cigarette lighter, as I have had it since 1988 (and I stopped smoking 10 years before that)! :eek: It has a bit of a story attached to it, including a lot of craziness, and the daughter of the owner of one of America's most famous sports teams! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

yKyMkJN.jpg

Is that Lucy driving the pink Coupe De Ville?? I wonder if she calls herself Maybellene when she gets behind the wheel?

Sorry buddy! :D Lovely pic there :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Is that the source of your legendary baked goods delights, Harvey? :p:cool::cool:

Yeah but what about quilting workshops?... ...Hmmm...???? :rolleyes:
Less risk than eating Cheerios that fall on the kitchen floor. :)

I picked up some Humphrey's Radiant Tea Knives and a Swann-Morton Bread Knife in the market, still in their original boxes :) @ADEE 's missus used to work for Swann-Morton, so I'll pass on the Bread Knife :) :thumbsup:

N9MoINK.jpg
Jack, when it comes to knives, I'm quite a bigot; I really have little interest in anything besides folding knives. :thumbsdown: But you are such an inclusive soul without a prejudiced bone in your body when it comes to edged tools of ANY kind! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I switched over to the Ironwood, he was howling for some attention...
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: You and Skoll are on a roll, John!

- GT

Feel free to PM me the story... :D

I thank God we don't have the humidity that others do. Please Dwight, keep posting the Fall pictures, they are beautiful. :cool::thumbsup:

I switched over to the Ironwood, he was howling for some attention...

That one might have to wait for the book John - and the lawyers! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Nice to see the Sun-Chaser unbound! ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks. That is a Monk Parakeet feather. They have built nests in my neighborhood. Very pretty and fun to watch, but noisy!

I was thinking that we have no native birds of that colour here Rachel, which we don't, but I did wonder if the feather was from a parakeet, which we do have, though of course they are not native to our shores. Apparently, a pair were released by Jimi Hendrix in the 1960's, and earlier, in 1951, during the filming of 'The African Queen', a number escaped from the studios :eek: :thumbsup:

Nice finds. The box alone, would have been a treasure. You’re a great Sheffield Cutlery Archeologist.:thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, the box was of more interest to me than the contents :thumbsup:

So, you could say you’ve become their chip buddy? Sorry, couldn’t resist. :D

:D

Oh my yes. Great finds Jack!

Thanks Dwight :thumbsup:

Thanks you Jack, these dogs(trial dogs) are truly amazing. Dutch is not at that level, but he's a very capable. To be at that level they need to be with a pro trainer,full time. I did have my last dog with a pro trainer full time and did compete with in field trails with him. He was good at it. When I retired him and he came home to live with me full time, I decided then and there that it's more important for me to have a dog with me that I can enjoy, 24-7. Dutch fills that need in spades. I'll see what I can do about getting a video of him running some marks or a blind.

Yes, you don't want an angry wolf around the house, huffing and puffing:eek::D
Here's to the humbles...
IMG_1253.JPG

That sounds like a great choice Preston :) It sure is nice seeing a dog enjoying life like that instead of mooching around in the city :thumbsup:

Somebody's got to say it, Harvey, so I'll "take one for the Guardians team": your knife is a real cupcake! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I consider that handsome horn, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remember Ralph Nader and Corvairs? Taking lambsfoot pics is "unsafe at any speed". :eek::D
Now that you point it out, I can see that river flow too! (I should insert an obligatory link to Dylan's Watching the River Flow here, but the first couple versions I found online were almost unrecognizable to me. :confused:)

I hope none of us will neglect our ironwoods, Dave; those are fantastic knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Impressive transformation, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I hope you'll give us a before/after report as Jeff did, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

We all love Lucy! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cool pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (I have to confess that it took me quite a while to figure out the carving; I thought it was some kind of anthropomorphized Kimodo dragon. Given the identity of the poster, I SHOULD have seen a fish immediately! :(:rolleyes:)

Nice poem and Tree of Knife, Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dave, I'm PUI (Posting Under the Influence) from that double shot of lambsfoot stag! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't beat apples and cheese, FBC! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your etch is fading,
I can see your etch fading,
Oooh, it's fading
Away from me!

I obviously was not considering my future peace of mind! :(
Peerless pile side, Dwight! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great break of dawn shot and informative post, Preston! :cool::cool::thumbsup: We have a female toy poodle for whom I toss a few kibble nuggets before her meal each AM and PM. They're small, and sometimes the light is not great, and she can't retrieve all of them (and my eyes don't help her at all). But after she eats, she always goes back to the correct areas to look for the ones she couldn't find immediately. :cool:

For the past 50 years, I've been saying, "We can put men on the moon, but we can't get a VW bus to play vinyl without a turntable??" Looks like my years of frustration are over!! :p
Great photo! What time did you take that one? The light angle is so low! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats, folks! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I sure hope you'll post those elegant ebonies here when they arrive!

I find the econolambsfoots very appealing! :cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

More Valley Jack from cooler days:
View attachment 1163868

- GT

Thanks Gary, great post :D And a great pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

Is that Lucy driving the pink Coupe De Ville?? I wonder if she calls herself Maybellene when she gets behind the wheel?

Could be my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Jack, when it comes to knives, I'm quite a bigot; I really have little interest in anything besides folding knives. :thumbsdown: But you are such an inclusive soul without a prejudiced bone in your body when it comes to edged tools of ANY kind! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you GT, but I often think the same about you, and I know I am not alone in that. I think someone once said that they couldn't imagine a knife that you wouldn't like :) :thumbsup:

But Gary, Soylent Green is people, but Spam is just pork shoulder and ham. :D

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

cvuVQSg.jpg

John, the light plays nicely, giving the image a glow, while revealing the figuring of your Ironwood.
Thanks you. :)
The knife does all the work for me, it's my most photogenic.

Yes, you don't want an angry wolf around the house, huffing and puffing:eek::D
I was afraid it was going to blow this little pig's house down. :eek: :D

Nice John, it has a Van Gogh Starry Night look to it:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, I give all the credit to the subject. :)

I SHOULD have seen a fish immediately! :(:rolleyes:)
My interests only vary so much. It's either Sci-Fi, Cowboy stuff, Jeeps, or Fishing. :D

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: You and Skoll are on a roll, John!
Thanks, GT. :)

That one might have to wait for the book John - and the lawyers! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:
Dang! Now I really want to read that book. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice to see the Sun-Chaser unbound! ;) :thumbsup:
Thank, Jack. Skoll was happy to get out of the house for a while. :D

I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, Modoc ED Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).

Last edited:
Ugh!!! I'm in between unloading a furniture semi and our next delivery (our two delivery guys combined are younger than me)!:p actually, I guess it's not all that funny (for me anyways);)
Alright, I had many quotes listed, jumped back as I was certain there where some I missed and as it turns out, I lost them all and just don't have the time to go back and re quote them:oops::oops::oops:

So I apologize for not listing individual "thank you's" so for the likes and quotes for my pup and Lamb I extend an all encompassing THANK YOU to all:) so many knives posted...Jeff, Dwight, Harvey, Jack, Ron, Kevin, Gary and sooooo many I fail to mention. This has to be the fastest moving thread going:thumbsup: as I was "quoting" I literally saw pages being added:eek:

Today's entry, a feathered horn Lamb Foot gifted by Jack (mrknife) and I know Jacked gifted SEVERAL members here:eek::thumbsup: Thanks Jack, miss ya buddy, it was fun hanging with you at the rendezvous:cool:
YicRo2.jpg

Pjfrmy.jpg

likewise buddy! hope you and duncan can make another one soon!

Back