Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, Modoc ED Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).

Anything to oblige a limited funds Teacher. It's just what us old, retired, sailors do. Besides, you're a friend and that's what friends do. Enjoy John.:)

I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, Modoc ED Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).
Pretty awesome, John. Way to go, Ed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's just beautiful John. I am most happy for you my friend. Mighty fine of ya Ed.

Hope they went OK Ron, good to see that one again, and it's a reminder I have too many neglected Lambsfoot knives that deserve some pocket time :thumbsup:
Everything went okay Jack. I understand about the neglected Lambsfoot problem. I’m suffering from that same problem! :)

Your SambLamb is pure Glam, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you Gary! :)

Congratulations John! :thumbsup: Way to go Modoc ED Modoc ED your very generous sir! :thumbsup:

Thanks Preston. For every pic I post there are probably 6 or more very similar that aren't posted. I usually just reach back and get one although I'm absolutely sure many of them are repeats.

I'm very glad Dutch is an amateur instead of a pro. :) For both of your sakes. :cool:
Thanks Dwight. So that's how you do it...like smoke and mirrors...sort of. I sure enjoy his company full time.
Thank you for saying such a nice things, Preston.

Fine image of your Lambsfoot. One of the fine qualities of your images, is that you’re getting great shadow detail.

One can certainly appreciate the special connection between you and Dutch. Happy for you.
Harvey, it's easy to say nice things, to people like yourself...and there are so many on here. I don't think I have read an uncalled-for comment on this thread.
Great break of dawn shot and informative post, Preston! :cool::cool::thumbsup: We have a female toy poodle for whom I toss a few kibble nuggets before her meal each AM and PM. They're small, and sometimes the light is not great, and she can't retrieve all of them (and my eyes don't help her at all). But after she eats, she always goes back to the correct areas to look for the ones she couldn't find immediately. :cool:
Greg, thanks, all dogs are amazing in their abilities, memory being a strong one...not so much for me anymore!:(
Bamboo stalks, with stems and leaves. Symbols of strength, flexibility and harmony.
Ahh, thanks, I can see it know. I need as much as I can get, from anywhere.:thumbsup:
That sounds like a great choice Preston :) It sure is nice seeing a dog enjoying life like that instead of mooching around in the city :thumbsup:
Most, that are competitive, would rather retrieve than eat...for a lab that is saying a lot!:D
Hitting the hay here, but think I'm going to go with some ebony tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

67R1Ihs.jpg
Great choices, sleep and an ebony lambfoot, sweet dreams.

That's what I'm talking about...people here are so extraordinary kind and generous. For Ed. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. For John, congrats on the knife and for being who you are.

Yeah, I'd like to see what you'd scrim on a lambsfoot! ;):thumbsup::cool:
I'm sure I could think of something, but I believe it would probably look best unmarked.
From your lips to God's ear, I hope, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: My county is under a NWS Extreme Heat Advisory until 8pm Saturday, but I'm still hoping for at least 3 more months of summery weather!
That rosewood HHB is handsome as heck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
You northerners aren't used to hot weather like that. Remember to stay hydrated!
I need to take some new pictures of the patinaed bolsters this weekend.
b1YwDiR.jpg

I was thinking that we have no native birds of that colour here Rachel, which we don't, but I did wonder if the feather was from a parakeet, which we do have, though of course they are not native to our shores. Apparently, a pair were released by Jimi Hendrix in the 1960's, and earlier, in 1951, during the filming of 'The African Queen', a number escaped from the studios :eek: :thumbsup:
That's an interesting link, Jack. The parrot population here seems to be growing, but I haven't heard any efforts to control their numbers. I read that they are probably the offspring of escaped pets, but could have flown north from Belize. Because of their large communal nests, they can survive through the winters here, and I've even seen reports of Quaker Parrots in Chicago!

I'm going to have to try that too! Still got Hot Wheels and Matchbox. :)
cudgee cudgee is absolutely right. I was dealing in Hot Wheels and Match Box on a major level! :D I still get so nostalgic when I see em. Looking forward to your pics Vince. :cool:

Good one Dwight! :thumbsup::D
Thank you my friend. Are you feeling better?

Should I use one of my Lamborghinis, my Porsche, or my Humvee? I have an ambulance too (gift from father-in-law), but I'm not that kind of lawyer!
Humvee or ambulance gets my vote! Even if you are a lawyer that can hold your head up. :D

How cool John!!! Way to go Ed, karma out, karma in:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back