1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Hear! Hear!

That's a beauty. In the running for Best GEC Knife Ever.

Ed's generosity and friendship are even better. :thumbsup:

2. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Anything to oblige a limited funds Teacher. It's just what us old, retired, sailors do. Besides, you're a friend and that's what friends do. Enjoy John.:)

3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, my friend. :cool::thumbsup:

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Pretty awesome, John. Way to go, Ed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That's just beautiful John. I am most happy for you my friend. Mighty fine of ya Ed.

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Everything went okay Jack. I understand about the neglected Lambsfoot problem. I’m suffering from that same problem! :)

Thank you Gary! :)

Congratulations John! :thumbsup: Way to go @Modoc ED your very generous sir! :thumbsup:

7. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! :D very kind of you ED :thumbsup:

8. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    For he's a jolly good fellow....:thumbsup:

9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks Dwight. So that's how you do it...like smoke and mirrors...sort of. I sure enjoy his company full time.
    Harvey, it's easy to say nice things, to people like yourself...and there are so many on here. I don't think I have read an uncalled-for comment on this thread.
    Greg, thanks, all dogs are amazing in their abilities, memory being a strong one...not so much for me anymore!:(
    Ahh, thanks, I can see it know. I need as much as I can get, from anywhere.:thumbsup:
    Most, that are competitive, would rather retrieve than eat...for a lab that is saying a lot!:D
    Great choices, sleep and an ebony lambfoot, sweet dreams.
    That's what I'm talking about...people here are so extraordinary kind and generous. For Ed. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. For John, congrats on the knife and for being who you are.

10. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I like the way you think.

As a tribute, this old retired soldier (me) is going to buy an underpaid teacher (also me) a knife. Or two. Or five. ;)

In all seriousness, this was very generous of you. Kudos!

11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I'm sure I could think of something, but I believe it would probably look best unmarked.
    You northerners aren't used to hot weather like that. Remember to stay hydrated!
    I need to take some new pictures of the patinaed bolsters this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    That's an interesting link, Jack. The parrot population here seems to be growing, but I haven't heard any efforts to control their numbers. I read that they are probably the offspring of escaped pets, but could have flown north from Belize. Because of their large communal nests, they can survive through the winters here, and I've even seen reports of Quaker Parrots in Chicago!

12. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    @flatblackcapo - Kevin I hope you will forgive me for stealing from your "artistic gift of originality" which you possess in spades. :D

IMG_4145.jpeg

13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I'm going to have to try that too! Still got Hot Wheels and Matchbox. :)

14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good one Dwight! :thumbsup::D

Jack Black and Fodderwing like this.
  15. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    " MATCHBOX ". Mate you have just shelfed your age. They were one of the greatest toys EVER produced. You have a good week end my friend.;)

16. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    @cudgee is absolutely right. I was dealing in Hot Wheels and Match Box on a major level! :D I still get so nostalgic when I see em. Looking forward to your pics Vince. :cool:

Thank you my friend. Are you feeling better?

Jack Black, mitch4ging and dc50 like this.
  17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Should I use one of my Lamborghinis, my Porsche, or my Humvee? I have an ambulance too (gift from father-in-law), but I'm not that kind of lawyer! :D

18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Foddering Thank you, Pal.

@Modoc ED The drive thru window is the first thing you see.:) My preference is going inside. In a weird way, it reminds me of when I was a kid looking at all the penny candy behind the glass.

@5K Qs - Valley Jack has so much character, GT.

mitch4ging, Modoc ED and dc50 like this.
  19. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Humvee or ambulance gets my vote! Even if you are a lawyer that can hold your head up. :D

dc50 likes this.
  20. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    How cool John!!! Way to go Ed, karma out, karma in:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: