Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

cudgee cudgee is absolutely right. I was dealing in Hot Wheels and Match Box on a major level! :D I still get so nostalgic when I see em. Looking forward to your pics Vince. :cool:

Thank you my friend. Are you feeling better?
Thank you for asking Dwight I will take the good days and try to learn from the bad ones my friend. :)
Speaking of Matchbox! in 1957? my first and most treasured one was a red doubledecker bus given to me by my great Aunt that was visiting from England.
Unfortunately, it along with my stamp collection amongst other things burned up in a house fire in 1960.

Thank you for asking Dwight I will take the good days and try to learn from the bad ones my friend. :)
Speaking of Matchbox! in 1957? my first and most treasured one was a red doubledecker bus given to me by my great Aunt that was visiting from England.
Unfortunately, it along with my stamp collection amongst other things burned up in a house fire in 1960.
That's so funny you should mention that. I have TWO double-decker English city buses on my watchlist on the bay! :D But what I want most, and have been in search of for a long time, is a Mercedes Unimog die cast! GRAIL :D:D:D
And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....IMG_4068.jpeg

That's so funny you should mention that. I have TWO double-decker English city buses on my watchlist on the bay! :D But what I want most, and have been in search of for a long time, is a Mercedes Unimog die cast! GRAIL :D:D:D
And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....View attachment 1164070
Those ebonies came out so nice I'm sort of wishing I had ordered one instead of the bone. Although I'm well pleased Charlie came through with one just for me!:D:D

And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....View attachment 1164070
Nice colors and great grain detail, Dwight.

I even picked up this little souvenir so I could post a picture of it...

:cool::thumbsup: Now you're ready for your next great fishing trip up in the wilderness on horseback!:D Cool photo of the "essentials!:):thumbsup:
Great picture, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:
Is that the bell off your bull rope?
Thank you kindly, John! :) One of them, I had a large one and this little one.:thumbsup:
That’s a great photo of your Stag Hartshead Barlow! :thumbsup: :)
Thank you so much, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Great image of your Hartshead.
Thank you very much, Dwight!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dennis, as a veteran multi quoter, I'm incredibly impressed by how many posts you can quote in a single message! I always seem to overshoot the 10K characters/post limit with my multi quotes. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I also liked the catch-up strategy you described, and may have to try that out myself sometime (although I'll probably stubbornly stick to my personal rule to never use the Like button :rolleyes:)
Thank you for the kind words, Gary! Actually, you my biggest influence when I first joined the forum! I was impressed how you were able to say something kind about so many posts!:):thumbsup:
I hate using just the 'like' button, but like you, unfortunately I can't keep up, and I hate not being able to respond to every wonderful post and photo! Just plain good folks here!!:):thumbsup:
Cool photo, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Always a treat to see your scarred blond horn lambsfoot
Thanks, Gary! She's scared, but she's a great carry!:cool::thumbsup:
Your Sambar HH Barlow is a future classic vintage Lambsfoot. Fits right in with the other vintage objects.
Thanks, Harvey! You know I love the vintage!;):thumbsup:
Was under the weather the past couple days if I missed any comments thank you ever so much. :D
Dave,
Sure glad you're feeling better! Hope nothing serious!:)
Good morning Guardians, my stag Père David white and polished!;):thumbsup:

11l0bpg.jpg
I do so love seeing that one, José!:cool::thumbsup:
My Waynorth ebony lamb...
DSC_0361.JPG
Great photo, Preston! Such great ebony on those!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Such a grand sunrise, John! Your HHB is looking good!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Stainless day par excellance, for even the coolest of cats.
FWHtFxX.jpg
Certainly one cool cat, da-da-daddy-O!:cool:
Have a great day
img_6383-jpeg.1163566
Such a wonderful shot, Dwight! Come on Fall!!:D:thumbsup:
Your picture is making me dream of Fall weather.
Me, too. Another three months to go at least.
UkJM6VZ.jpg
Cool shot, Rachel!! Love the feather with the lamb!;):thumbsup:
Nicely composed, Harvey! Looks cool!:):thumbsup:
Today's entry, a feathered horn Lamb Foot gifted by Jack (mrknife) and I know Jacked gifted SEVERAL members here:eek::thumbsup: Thanks Jack, miss ya buddy, it was fun hanging with you at the rendezvous:cool:
YicRo2.jpg
Some handsome horn, Paul! And being gifted, makes them even more special!:):thumbsup:
Your stag lambsfoot HHB is looking prim, prime, and pristine, Dennis! :cool::cool:
A positively premium pronouncements, Gary! Many prfm .....Thanks! :D:thumbsup:
Valley Jack with the tin it rode in on:
ij-mark-closed-on-tin-lr-jpg.1163667

- GT
Ah, a Lambsfoot on a Hot Tin Lid?:p Such a great valley lamb, and a great perspective!:thumbsup:
RALF approves. I christened its new advent with my finest single estate green tea.

bZSp1CP.jpg
Looks like some very fine table time, Jeff! Lovely pot and lamb!:thumbsup:
That sounds so wonderful. My wife and I were talking about making McCloud a yearly trip.
Great idea, John! We try, when I'm not knocked down with the health issues, to take our bumper pull trailer out twice in the fall and twice in the spring. Going during the week is a great bonus, with minimal folks around!:cool::thumbsup:
Sounds delicious, Dennis!
It's my favorite way of seasoning flank steak and brisket. :thumbsup:
I’ll certainly write some fuller notes, and I also want to make some observations on ‘mah knife’ - my ebony user Lambsfoot after using it for a couple of years now - but I’ll do it in a fresh post, hopefully over the next week or so.
I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your knife!;):thumbsup:
Here’s to the ‘Humbles’!
lQVYsop.jpg
Humble but handsome!:thumbsup: nice photo, Chin!:cool:
Been taking care of some appointments this morning! I had this wee Sambar along with one of its domestic cousins in my pockets! :D

39523218435_f877689264_b_d.jpg
Awsome photo, Ron!!:eek::thumbsup:
To the "Humbles"!
E2CSDxn.jpg

They shall inherit the earth.
...and rule the world!:p Another honey of a humble!:thumbsup:
It has a bit of a story attached to it, including a lot of craziness, and the daughter of the owner of one of America's most famous sports teams! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

yKyMkJN.jpg
:D
Cool photo, Jack! Look forward to the story!:thumbsup:

I picked up some Humphrey's Radiant Tea Knives and a Swann-Morton Bread Knife in the market, still in their original boxes :) @ADEE 's missus used to work for Swann-Morton, so I'll pass on the Bread Knife :) :thumbsup:

N9MoINK.jpg
Very cool find, Jack!:):thumbsup:
lt1a7AE.jpg

Still working
There's no stopping the Lamb!:cool::thumbsup:
I switched over to the Ironwood, he was howling for some attention...
Sköll needs walking regularly!:cool::thumbsup: Must be the uh-hum...dog days of summer!:p:rolleyes: Nice photo, John!
I decided then and there that it's more important for me to have a dog with me that I can enjoy, 24-7. Dutch fills that need in spades.
Their constant companionship is good for the soul!
Sitting here with our Cocker on my lap now!

Here's to the humbles...
IMG_1253.JPG
A honorable photo of a humble! Nice shot!
More Valley Jack from cooler days:
ij-pile-closed-snow-onback-jpg.1163868
Cooler days coming...eventually...:( But a nice photo Gary!
Hitting the hay here, but think I'm going to go with some ebony tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

67R1Ihs.jpg
Can't go wrong with that, Jack! Look's like great outings, good for mental reset!:cool::thumbsup:
ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).
Just fantastic, John!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, well deserving!
A very generous and selfless act by ED!
Anything to oblige a limited funds Teacher. It's just what us old, retired, sailors do. Besides, you're a friend and that's what friends do. Enjoy John.:)
Major Kudos to you, sir! An incredibly gift!
I like the way you think.

As a tribute, this old retired soldier (me) is going to buy an underpaid teacher (also me) a knife. Or two. Or five. ;)
:D:thumbsup: Sometimes self gifting is needed!:cool::thumbsup:
@flatblackcapo - Kevin I hope you will forgive me for stealing from your "artistic gift of originality" which you possess in spades. :D

View attachment 1164062
:cool::thumbsup:
Cool, Dwight!
I don't think I have any to contribute to this subculture.:confused:
How cool John!!! Way to go Ed, karma out, karma in:cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Perfect comment, Paul!
And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....
img_4068-jpeg.1164070
And what a beautiful " energency post "!:D:thumbsup: So lovely!:thumbsup:
The honeymoon is not over between the two of us yet!
View attachment 1164071
Excellent shot, Taylor!
As Larry Tate said in one episode of Bewitched: "I've always wanted to rule the world"!
And this guy!:p
anab72448.jpg
mitch4ging mitch4ging Thank you Dennis. Hope you’re having a good week.
Going good, Harvey! Thanks my friend!:cool::thumbsup:

Another handy piece to have in the emergency bag in the car...
vTQ8jsD.jpg

Back