1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians. I'm hopelessly behind but the post I quoted above caught my eye. What a beautiful and selfless act :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on receiving your wonderful gift and @Modoc ED, you sir are an absolute class act :cool:
    I hope everyone's Friday is a great one with a wonderful weekend to follow :)
    OG
    7_19_FlashFri_AAuto_Crop_FF_HDR.jpg

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning folks, raining here today, but I'm not too bothered, been a good week, and now it's Friday :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Greg :) Interesting idea :thumbsup:

Well done Ed, a fantastic act of generosity :) Congratulations John, beautiful knife :) I had understood that the Waynorth knives would be launched at the annual GEC Rendezvous, the Hartshead Barlows were due out in May. Wright's were two weeks late, and GEC were a couple of months ahead of schedule. Nice to have the wealth of Lambsfoot knives, but unfortunate in terms of budgeting.

Hey Jack! Where've you been?! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, great pic! :D :thumbsup:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You're a class act Ed :) :thumbsup:

That's good to hear buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Preston :) :thumbsup:

Ooh, you got patinaed bolsters?! :cool:

I was quite surprised to read about the cull Rachel, I've not seen one yet up north. Somebody yesterday was telling me that there are more Peregrine Falcons in New York than anywhere else in the world, incredible :) :thumbsup:

Such a cool pic Dwight, you're an agile photographer my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll remember Corgi and Dinky too! :D :thumbsup:

5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sorry to hear that Dave :( I barely have a thing left from my own childhood o_O

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Just mangled a bunch of quotes :mad:

6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dwight! :D Great pic :thumbsup:

Gorgeous Taylor :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That story would fill a book on it's own Dennis! :rolleyes: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, nice pic, and an excellent piece of kit :) I don't see so so many emergency location devices (of all types) on sale here these days in outdoor shops, folks seem to think their mobile/cell phones will save them :rolleyes: Heck, I can walk 100 yards up the road and not be able to get a signal, let alone in the Scottish Highlands! o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for summer! :D :thumbsup:

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope you're doing OK OG :) Sorry for hogging the page folks! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, mitch4ging, OLd_gUY and 2 others like this.
  8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Dennis...:):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning, Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

10. Ironwood Chris

Ironwood Chris Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Thank you all for your kind words ans advices

cigarrodog, Fodderwing and mitch4ging like this.
  11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    A mighty fine looking ebony Jack. :)
    Thank you, my friend.
    Can you imagine when we were kids having to pick one toy out of the myriad of toys today?:eek: :confused:;)

12. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning! :D
    IMG_1192.JPG

13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    One of my favorite matchboxes was a BP exploration vehicle. Quite tall, with many wheels, and wedge-shaped forward. It negotiated the back yard pea-stones with ease.
    I've been looking for a toy old school London taxi, with the open luggage platform in place of a front passenger seat.
    I can't find any toy car pictures. Here's old Snubby when young, shiny, and useless.
    [​IMG]

14. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    That would be a really nice collector for sure, I wouldn't mind owning a full-size one for running around town in. :)

15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I can't imagine wanting what passes for toys nowadays, dang-nabbit. Give me a Red Ryder bb gun and some plastic soldiers.
    This old Sears is fun, too. It still works, but I should oil the joints.
    [​IMG]

16. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    hey @Jack Black mostly watching and reading these days, I have slowed down on collecting and stepped up appreciating these days! hope you are well!

17. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you. I had extra "help" with that photo. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    I do! I was eating fish & chips, and I somehow managed to get malt vinegar on the bolsters. ;)
    I find that Falcon Fact incredible, too. In fact, I don't believe I can cred it at all.

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Happy Friday, Jack. :)

Not so much budgeting as it is timing.
    I am an hourly employee, which is weird for a teacher. One of the curses of working in alternative education, we are not contracted like other teachers. So, I just don't get paid during the Summer vacation. We easily survive on my wife's salary but I do tighten the spending a bit during this time, mostly out of respect for my wife. I have time off, I'm not getting paid, so it seems "spoiled" to spend a lot of money on hobbies.

Do you ever get a real Summer there?

Oh ya, those were the days. Every kid had a bb gun and a pocket knife.
    I made sure that both of my kids also grew up with bb guns and pocket knives. :cool::thumbsup:

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you Guardians for the lovely comments on my new Waynorth Lambsfoot. Most importantly, thanks for helping me give ED a big thank you for his generosity. Of course I'll be carrying it today (as I did last night) to get to know it better and be able to give my thoughts on it. Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

[​IMG]

20. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    My grandfather travelled a great deal for business, and he brought me one from England in the 60s. I was sure it was long gone, but a quick trip to the basement revealed I was mistaken.

27877C27-1A5E-44FC-9190-89BAB078253C.jpeg