Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, @Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).

Good Morning Guardians. I'm hopelessly behind but the post I quoted above caught my eye. What a beautiful and selfless act :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on receiving your wonderful gift and @Modoc ED, you sir are an absolute class act :cool:
I hope everyone's Friday is a great one with a wonderful weekend to follow :)
OG
7_19_FlashFri_AAuto_Crop_FF_HDR.jpg

Morning folks, raining here today, but I'm not too bothered, been a good week, and now it's Friday :) :thumbsup:

cX2LG1i.jpg

Oh! Your photo gives me an idea. Yakisugi covers could make for a very cool lambsfoot.

Sleep well.

Thanks Greg :) Interesting idea :thumbsup:

I don't even know where to start with this post... I am so humbled by the whole experience.

A fellow Guardian and porch member read that I passed up getting Charlie's Lambfoot. Because of limited funds during the Summer months, I had to decide between buying Charlie's Lamb or Jack's Hartshead Barlow. They were both so unique and precious. I wanted both but the Hartshead won out. Just bad timing that they were both released during the Summer.

In probably the most generous act of kindness I've seen on The porch, @Modoc ED gifted me his own Waynorth Lamb. I mean, these knives are fetching a pretty good sum on the market and are highly sought after. I thought he was crazy for doing it, but I appreciate it so much. ED, I cannot even begin to thank you enough for your generosity and kindness. You are all that is good about the forum and the Guardians in particular.

Everybody... Three Cheers for ED. :cool::thumbsup:

There were other goodies in the gift box, but I'll post about those on the main forum (not Lambsfoot).

Well done Ed, a fantastic act of generosity :) Congratulations John, beautiful knife :) I had understood that the Waynorth knives would be launched at the annual GEC Rendezvous, the Hartshead Barlows were due out in May. Wright's were two weeks late, and GEC were a couple of months ahead of schedule. Nice to have the wealth of Lambsfoot knives, but unfortunate in terms of budgeting.

likewise buddy! hope you and duncan can make another one soon!

Hey Jack! Where've you been?! :) :thumbsup:

Good choice Jack. :thumbsup:;)
834bade814f66dcf18a0ad907ffa8efa.jpg

Thanks Dave, great pic! :D :thumbsup:

Anything to oblige a limited funds Teacher. It's just what us old, retired, sailors do. Besides, you're a friend and that's what friends do. Enjoy John.:)

You're a class act Ed :) :thumbsup:

Everything went okay Jack. I understand about the neglected Lambsfoot problem. I’m suffering from that same problem! :)
:thumbsup:

That's good to hear buddy :) :thumbsup:

Most, that are competitive, would rather retrieve than eat...for a lab that is saying a lot!:D

Great choices, sleep and an ebony lambfoot, sweet dreams.

That's what I'm talking about...people here are so extraordinary kind and generous. For Ed. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. Hip, hip, hooray. For John, congrats on the knife and for being who you are.

Thanks a lot Preston :) :thumbsup:

I need to take some new pictures of the patinaed bolsters this weekend.
b1YwDiR.jpg

That's an interesting link, Jack. The parrot population here seems to be growing, but I haven't heard any efforts to control their numbers. I read that they are probably the offspring of escaped pets, but could have flown north from Belize. Because of their large communal nests, they can survive through the winters here, and I've even seen reports of Quaker Parrots in Chicago!

Ooh, you got patinaed bolsters?! :cool:

I was quite surprised to read about the cull Rachel, I've not seen one yet up north. Somebody yesterday was telling me that there are more Peregrine Falcons in New York than anywhere else in the world, incredible :) :thumbsup:

@flatblackcapo - Kevin I hope you will forgive me for stealing from your "artistic gift of originality" which you possess in spades. :D

View attachment 1164062

Such a cool pic Dwight, you're an agile photographer my friend :) :thumbsup:

" MATCHBOX ". Mate you have just shelfed your age. They were one of the greatest toys EVER produced. You have a good week end my friend.;)

I'm sure you'll remember Corgi and Dinky too! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you for asking Dwight I will take the good days and try to learn from the bad ones my friend. :)
Speaking of Matchbox! in 1957? my first and most treasured one was a red doubledecker bus given to me by my great Aunt that was visiting from England.
Unfortunately, it along with my stamp collection amongst other things burned up in a house fire in 1960.

Sorry to hear that Dave :( I barely have a thing left from my own childhood o_O

Jack Black Jack Black the Ale and the fire are 2 cool life style images.

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Just mangled a bunch of quotes :mad:

And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....View attachment 1164070

Thanks Dwight! :D Great pic :thumbsup:

The honeymoon is not over between the two of us yet!
View attachment 1164071

Gorgeous Taylor :) :thumbsup:

The Snakewood Lamb is but a distant, fond memory.:)

:D :thumbsup:

Cool photo, Jack! Look forward to the story!:thumbsup:

That story would fill a book on it's own Dennis! :rolleyes: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Very cool find, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Another handy piece to have in the emergency bag in the car...
vTQ8jsD.jpg

Thanks pal, nice pic, and an excellent piece of kit :) I don't see so so many emergency location devices (of all types) on sale here these days in outdoor shops, folks seem to think their mobile/cell phones will save them :rolleyes: Heck, I can walk 100 yards up the road and not be able to get a signal, let alone in the Scottish Highlands! o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Come on fall!:mad::oops:

I'm still waiting for summer! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians. I'm hopelessly behind but the post I quoted above caught my eye. What a beautiful and selfless act :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on receiving your wonderful gift and @Modoc ED, you sir are an absolute class act :cool:
I hope everyone's Friday is a great one with a wonderful weekend to follow :)
OG
View attachment 1164110

Hope you're doing OK OG :) Sorry for hogging the page folks! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you for asking Dwight I will take the good days and try to learn from the bad ones my friend. :)
Speaking of Matchbox! in 1957? my first and most treasured one was a red doubledecker bus given to me by my great Aunt that was visiting from England.
Unfortunately, it along with my stamp collection amongst other things burned up in a house fire in 1960.
One of my favorite matchboxes was a BP exploration vehicle. Quite tall, with many wheels, and wedge-shaped forward. It negotiated the back yard pea-stones with ease.
I've been looking for a toy old school London taxi, with the open luggage platform in place of a front passenger seat.
I can't find any toy car pictures. Here's old Snubby when young, shiny, and useless.
3fv2FuV.jpg

Cool shot, Rachel!! Love the feather with the lamb!;):thumbsup:
Thank you. I had extra "help" with that photo. :rolleyes:
shsVH3c.jpg

Ooh, you got patinaed bolsters?! :cool:

I was quite surprised to read about the cull Rachel, I've not seen one yet up north. Somebody yesterday was telling me that there are more Peregrine Falcons in New York than anywhere else in the world, incredible :) :thumbsup:
I do! I was eating fish & chips, and I somehow managed to get malt vinegar on the bolsters. ;)
I find that Falcon Fact incredible, too. In fact, I don't believe I can cred it at all.

now it's Friday :) :thumbsup:
Happy Friday, Jack. :)

unfortunate in terms of budgeting.
Not so much budgeting as it is timing.
I am an hourly employee, which is weird for a teacher. One of the curses of working in alternative education, we are not contracted like other teachers. So, I just don't get paid during the Summer vacation. We easily survive on my wife's salary but I do tighten the spending a bit during this time, mostly out of respect for my wife. I have time off, I'm not getting paid, so it seems "spoiled" to spend a lot of money on hobbies.

I'm still waiting for summer! :D :thumbsup:
Do you ever get a real Summer there?

Give me a Red Ryder bb gun and some plastic soldiers.
Oh ya, those were the days. Every kid had a bb gun and a pocket knife.
I made sure that both of my kids also grew up with bb guns and pocket knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for the lovely comments on my new Waynorth Lambsfoot. Most importantly, thanks for helping me give ED a big thank you for his generosity. Of course I'll be carrying it today (as I did last night) to get to know it better and be able to give my thoughts on it. Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

Back