1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Here's a how-to article in case you want to give some intrepid cutler a wild and crazy idea. :D

2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks pal.

Thanks my friend.

Thank you Jack!

And what's extra great is the fact that this is some of the blackest richest ebony I've ever seen!!! :D

Very cool! :cool:

solo dancing IMG_4110.jpeg

3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Did the Barlow get tired and sit this one out?

4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    If his partner was Köll the caption could read - "Dances with Wolves". :D

5. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    :D :cool::thumbsup:

6. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    TGIF, Guardians, hope the upcoming weekend is full of fun and frolicking.

I think I have a reason for some quotes disappearing. As I was doing this post I quoted/replied to another member's post on one page, then went back to an other page. When I returned to the original, first quoted reply it was gone. I repeated the same sequence and had the same results.

These two lovelies were howling for some attention...
    [​IMG]
    Well done, Waynorth's ebony lambfoot is right up there...GRAIL:thumbsup:
    Taylor, maybe like a great marriage it will last:thumbsup:
    Thank you, Dennis, sure is!
    Another great ebony lambfoot, TGIF, Jack, have a good one.
    Love the impasto technique your wife uses in that painting...the knife too!
    Snubby, looks grand in that photo. What is the other blade and can we see a photo of the two?
    That is a lovely and well photographed knife, John. I glad you were the recipient of Ed's gracious and generous. Carry it in good health

Many people think that teachers are paid for not working/teaching in the summer...this is just not true! As a retired teacher, I want to explain and clear the air as best I can. Public school teachers(not alternative/charter teachers like JohnDF) are paid, on the district's pay scale per contract day. This is usually 180 days. Teachers may be given the option to have their pay spread over nine or twelve months. Let's say a beginning teacher's salary for the school year is $36,000.00. That's for 180 contract days = $200.00 per day...spread over twelve months = $3000.00 per month.

Most teachers in alternative schools, like John, are there because they care deeply and want to help and nurture the students who find themselves there because they have trouble functioning in the public school environment. These schools are owned by for-profit companies, can pay what they want, how they like.

If I have overstepped any forum rules or bounds, I'll edit and take the consequences.

7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Very well stated, PJ, and thanks. :cool::thumbsup:

8. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It used to be a pen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dennis! :)

Dennis that’s a dandy Horn Bigun my friend! :thumbsup: :)

John that is such a beautiful knife! Congratulations again my friend. It is a richly deserved gift! Thanks again @Modoc ED you set a grand example for the rest of the Guardians! :)

I’m carrying some Ebony for Friday! :) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D

[​IMG]

10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    One immediate difference that stood out to me is that the blade on the GEC isn't canted down, like on the Wright's... Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

And thanks to all of you that "liked" my new knife yesterday. It was such a flood of emotion and a whirlwind of excitement, I just couldn't gather myself enough to thank you all properly. But know I am very thankful. :)

12. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks Jer, good job with the photos, did you do the modification? I like it...I'd call that blade a 'plip'

chuck4570, mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    There's my bus!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Sir, I will let her know. :thumbsup::)

OLd_gUY, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  15. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Did you know that the term "public school" has a different meaning in the US than in the UK? What we call public schools are known as state schools in the UK. In the UK, a different definition of public was meant. There, the schools were public because access to them was not restricted on the basis of religion, parent's occupation, or home location. You could go to the school without worry of discrimination, assuming your parents could afford the fees of course.

Cambertree, OLd_gUY, pjsjr and 3 others like this.
  16. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Hahaha...I love that.

Hmmm...the blade on my WCLF looks more canted than the one on my Wright's. Is my knife broken? :confused:

[​IMG]

17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Good Morning Guardians.

I so love the old ones.
    [​IMG]

18. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    They certainly have style, no denying that.

My niece, when she finished nursing school a few years back, gave away a bunch of those pens at her graduation party. I grabbed one with red ink. I then made like I was going give my daughter an injection with it. No warning, just "come here." She nearly broke into tears and only calmed down when I showed her it was a pen.

I'm a mean dad. :D

19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    I hear that. My oldest daughter had me accompany her for her prolotherapy tx. Apparently, this seemingly medieval, medical procedure was more painful for me to watch, then for her to endure. As a reward for my making it through, they had these cool pens that look like a miniature version of the hypodermics that they use. Love novelties.

TFBraden, Fodderwing and Jack Black like this.
  20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks. Yup, all me. The mis-sized wrong material replacement pin is a bit of a clue. It works, though, and I have little fear of abusing it at this point.

pjsjr likes this.