Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice colors and great grain detail, Dwight.
Thanks pal.

Such a wonderful shot, Dwight! Come on Fall!!
Cool, Dwight!
Thanks my friend.

Such a cool pic Dwight, you're an agile photographer my friend
Thanks Dwight! :D Great pic
Thank you Jack!

Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot.
And what's extra great is the fact that this is some of the blackest richest ebony I've ever seen!!! :D

My grandfather travelled a great deal for business, and he brought me one from England in the 60s. I was sure it was long gone, but a quick trip to the basement revealed I was mistaken.

View attachment 1164176
Very cool! :cool:

solo dancingIMG_4110.jpeg

TGIF, Guardians, hope the upcoming weekend is full of fun and frolicking.

I think I have a reason for some quotes disappearing. As I was doing this post I quoted/replied to another member's post on one page, then went back to an other page. When I returned to the original, first quoted reply it was gone. I repeated the same sequence and had the same results.

These two lovelies were howling for some attention...
IMG_1256.JPG

@flatblackcapo - Kevin I hope you will forgive me for stealing from your "artistic gift of originality" which you possess in spades. :D
You know what they say, Dwight, imitation is the best form of flattery...or something to that effect. Go for it!
View attachment 1164062
That's so funny you should mention that. I have TWO double-decker English city buses on my watchlist on the bay! :D But what I want most, and have been in search of for a long time, is a Mercedes Unimog die cast! GRAIL :D:D:D
And, now, before Jack's alarm goes off I better post a lambsfoot.....View attachment 1164070
Well done, Waynorth's ebony lambfoot is right up there...GRAIL:thumbsup:
The honeymoon is not over between the two of us yet!
View attachment 1164071
Taylor, maybe like a great marriage it will last:thumbsup:
Great photo, Preston! Such great ebony on those!:cool::thumbsup:
Their constant companionship is good for the soul!
Sitting here with our Cocker on my lap now!
A honorable photo of a humble! Nice shot!
Thank you, Dennis, sure is!
Morning folks, raining here today, but I'm not too bothered, been a good week, and now it's Friday :) :thumbsup:

cX2LG1i.jpg
Another great ebony lambfoot, TGIF, Jack, have a good one.
Love the impasto technique your wife uses in that painting...the knife too!
One of my favorite matchboxes was a BP exploration vehicle. Quite tall, with many wheels, and wedge-shaped forward. It negotiated the back yard pea-stones with ease.
I've been looking for a toy old school London taxi, with the open luggage platform in place of a front passenger seat.
I can't find any toy car pictures. Here's old Snubby when young, shiny, and useless.
3fv2FuV.jpg
Snubby, looks grand in that photo. What is the other blade and can we see a photo of the two?
Happy Friday, Jack. :)

Not so much budgeting as it is timing.
I am an hourly employee, which is weird for a teacher. One of the curses of working in alternative education, we are not contracted like other teachers. So, I just don't get paid during the Summer vacation. We easily survive on my wife's salary but I do tighten the spending a bit during this time, mostly out of respect for my wife. I have time off, I'm not getting paid, so it seems "spoiled" to spend a lot of money on hobbies.

Do you ever get a real Summer there?

Oh ya, those were the days. Every kid had a bb gun and a pocket knife.
I made sure that both of my kids also grew up with bb guns and pocket knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for the lovely comments on my new Waynorth Lambsfoot. Most importantly, thanks for helping me give ED a big thank you for his generosity. Of course I'll be carrying it today (as I did last night) to get to know it better and be able to give my thoughts on it. Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

That is a lovely and well photographed knife, John. I glad you were the recipient of Ed's gracious and generous. Carry it in good health

Many people think that teachers are paid for not working/teaching in the summer...this is just not true! As a retired teacher, I want to explain and clear the air as best I can. Public school teachers(not alternative/charter teachers like JohnDF) are paid, on the district's pay scale per contract day. This is usually 180 days. Teachers may be given the option to have their pay spread over nine or twelve months. Let's say a beginning teacher's salary for the school year is $36,000.00. That's for 180 contract days = $200.00 per day...spread over twelve months = $3000.00 per month.

Most teachers in alternative schools, like John, are there because they care deeply and want to help and nurture the students who find themselves there because they have trouble functioning in the public school environment. These schools are owned by for-profit companies, can pay what they want, how they like.

If I have overstepped any forum rules or bounds, I'll edit and take the consequences.

Many people think that teachers are paid for not working/teaching in the summer...this is just not true! As a retired teacher, I want to explain and clear the air as best I can. Public school teachers(not alternative/charter teachers like JohnDF) are paid, on the district's pay scale per contract day. This is usually 180 days. Teachers may be given the option to have their pay spread over nine or twelve months. Let's say a beginning teacher's salary for the school year is $36,000.00. That's for 180 contract days = $200.00 per day...spread over twelve months = $3000.00 per month.

Most teachers in alternative schools, like John, are there because they care deeply and want to help and nurture the students who find themselves there because they have trouble functioning in the public school environment. These schools are owned by for-profit companies, can pay what they want, how they like.
Very well stated, PJ, and thanks. :cool::thumbsup:

Awsome photo, Ron!!:eek::thumbsup:
Thanks Dennis! :)

Another handy piece to have in the emergency bag in the car...
vTQ8jsD.jpg
Dennis that’s a dandy Horn Bigun my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Guardians for the lovely comments on my new Waynorth Lambsfoot. Most importantly, thanks for helping me give ED a big thank you for his generosity. Of course I'll be carrying it today (as I did last night) to get to know it better and be able to give my thoughts on it. Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

John that is such a beautiful knife! Congratulations again my friend. It is a richly deserved gift! Thanks again @Modoc ED you set a grand example for the rest of the Guardians! :)

I’m carrying some Ebony for Friday! :) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D

33442664558_24458e4ec4_b_d.jpg

Did you know that the term "public school" has a different meaning in the US than in the UK? What we call public schools are known as state schools in the UK. In the UK, a different definition of public was meant. There, the schools were public because access to them was not restricted on the basis of religion, parent's occupation, or home location. You could go to the school without worry of discrimination, assuming your parents could afford the fees of course.

...it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

Hahaha...I love that.

One immediate difference that stood out to me is that the blade on the GEC isn't canted down, like on the Wright's... Thoughts?

Hmmm...the blade on my WCLF looks more canted than the one on my Wright's. Is my knife broken? :confused:

48323360067_5043493fcc_b.jpg

I so love the old ones.

They certainly have style, no denying that.

My niece, when she finished nursing school a few years back, gave away a bunch of those pens at her graduation party. I grabbed one with red ink. I then made like I was going give my daughter an injection with it. No warning, just "come here." She nearly broke into tears and only calmed down when I showed her it was a pen.

I'm a mean dad. :D

They certainly have style, no denying that.

My niece, when she finished nursing school a few years back, gave away a bunch of those pens at her graduation party. I grabbed one with red ink. I then made like I was going give my daughter an injection with it. No warning, just "come here." She nearly broke into tears and only calmed down when I showed her it was a pen.

I'm a mean dad. :D
I hear that. My oldest daughter had me accompany her for her prolotherapy tx. Apparently, this seemingly medieval, medical procedure was more painful for me to watch, then for her to endure. As a reward for my making it through, they had these cool pens that look like a miniature version of the hypodermics that they use. Love novelties.

Thanks Jer, good job with the photos, did you do the modification? I like it...I'd call that blade a 'plip'
Thanks. Yup, all me. The mis-sized wrong material replacement pin is a bit of a clue. It works, though, and I have little fear of abusing it at this point.

Back