1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Mr. Prester, hope you are well prepared for you big day, with your challenge coming up. Expect full report.

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Please consider donating if you qualify.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Very well stated John! :thumbsup:

It’s been a busy Saturday! I’m tired but I did make a rapid scan of all the posts for today! I’ll catch up later in more detail, but I will say that all you Guardians have posted some great photos today! :thumbsup: I’ve had my Waynorth Jigged Bone in my pocket today. It’s really a fantastic knife! :D

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 19 others like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Just remember that we can't have a prolonged discussion on this thread. I will post a few pics with lambsfoot content tomorrow night, but any prolonged discussion will have to be by PM please. Will be using my rosewood lamb:
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, Pt-Luso and 17 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You get it now!!!
    I just wanted to be a part of this great community, the Guardians. But once I got a hold of my first Lambsfoot, I understood it too. I don't think there is a better "user" knife out there. :cool::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 19 others like this.
  6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    :D:thumbsup:
    Nothing left but their tips! :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Smooth ivory white bone is pretty consistent. Just sayin'. :D

Isn't it a pleasure to use? I always liked the look of a lambsfoot, but didn't really appreciate the ergonomics until I used it in the garden. (more a jungle than a garden, really) ;)
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, Pt-Luso and 18 others like this.
  7. cudgee

May 13, 2019

JohnDF likes this.
  8. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    The agility of a cat?.....Yep. :D
    [​IMG]
    This is Tacky, she is our strange strange cat. :D
    Lovely pic of your HHB .:thumbsup: At least all that rain you get results in some beautiful lush green country that is a perfect background for your Lambsfoot photos.

akaMatt, mitch4ging, pjsjr and 14 others like this.
  9. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    They have been used in the horticulture industry for a long time, now you can see why. Have a good Sunday.:)

Jack Black, Cambertree and r8shell like this.
  10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    One of you fine folks posted a pic of a similar Lambsfoot a few days ago. I tried looking for it so I could properly quote your post but I couldn't find it, my apologies. Well, it reminded me of my very first Lambsfoot knife that I won in a GAW that was hosted by our good friend @Jack Black . This is the one that started my addiction to this fantastic pattern.
    [​IMG]

11. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I can see why it started your addiction. Beautiful scales.

Jack Black, flatblackcapo and dc50 like this.
  12. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    That's great Kevin :thumbsup: is it made by A Wright or another maker?

13. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    IMG_20190720_183701.jpg
    Hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday!
    I haven't been around in a while and it seems that I missed some amazing things that happened around here. Waynorth Lambsfoot? :eek:
    Hartshead Barlow? :eek::eek:

I love my little Lamb and wouldn't ever part with it, but I can't help but oggle those lovelies :D

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 20 others like this.
  14. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It looks like the one @Jack Black sent me to get me started. There's no telling where it was made, though I think the build resembles both Sabot and Cudeman.
    I get the feeling they don't mark the country of origin within the EU, perhaps so nobody complains about paying the same price for something that used to be made in an expensive labor country after it's been moved to a cheaper labor country.

15. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks, Cudgee. This one does have some nice grain on it for a good ol' work knife.
    I put a little wax lube on the handles, by accident at first, and it really brought out the beauty of the handle.

Dave, once again I say, it's all Jack's fault. ;):D
    I don't think A Wright made this one. It doesn't have a tang stamp and it's stainless. Maybe @Jack Black knows who makes/ made them.

This one has been passed on to another in the spirit of spreading the word of the mighty Lambsfoot.

Another pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  16. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    See how he gets us all hooked?! ;):D

I think you might be on to something with Sabot and Cudeman resemblance.

17. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Could it possibly be a Whitby?

Jack Black and Cambertree like this.
  18. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Either way, it got you started Kevin :thumbsup: I'm going to put your pic on my desktop it looks great! Jack is an enabler of the Lambsfoot for sure :p
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, TFBraden, pjsjr and 11 others like this.
  19. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Lambs....FARFOOTNUGEN!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

20. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1317.JPG Hi. My name is Ben. I am a knife-aholic! I can't stop with just one, or two, or three, so ... here, direct from the mother country of Lambfoots is my new A. Wright in ebony! Cheap enough to not worry about patina, pretty enough to be difficult to not keep eyeing it. Fit and finish are in no wise perfect (Wilfred Works it is not), but as a sturdy and elegant tool it just brings a smile to my face!

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.