Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

F3FAM0t.jpg

Please consider donating if you qualify.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I also think that a lot of the newer traditional knife buyers are coming from a modern knife background. They are used to well-matched and machined parts, they are not accustomed to old world production techniques and the other attributes of slip joint knives. Many of us here are older and grew up with slip joint knives, we know what to expect and accept when we inspect. :D
Very well stated John! :thumbsup:

It’s been a busy Saturday! I’m tired but I did make a rapid scan of all the posts for today! I’ll catch up later in more detail, but I will say that all you Guardians have posted some great photos today! :thumbsup: I’ve had my Waynorth Jigged Bone in my pocket today. It’s really a fantastic knife! :D

48332462997_dd89a4b0bb_b_d.jpg

Mr. Prester, hope you are well prepared for you big day, with your challenge coming up. Expect full report.
Just remember that we can't have a prolonged discussion on this thread. I will post a few pics with lambsfoot content tomorrow night, but any prolonged discussion will have to be by PM please. Will be using my rosewood lamb:
WESCTHM.jpg

Hey! Nice patina Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

My bolsters are starting to look like that as well. So cool!
I'm lovin that patina, especially on the bolsters. :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup:
From what I've seen, many of the old boys weren't great at sharpening, or at least they only had coarse stones or the edge of a curbstone. I don't think that the rounding of the tip is inevitable though Christian, and there are plenty of old Lambsfoot knives to demonstrate that. If I remember correctly, the two r8shell r8shell has that have been sharpened almost punch-like still have their tips :thumbsup:
Nothing left but their tips! :D
tZ2pvVg.jpg
BHOXRJ8.jpg

Yes John, I sometimes think it would be easier just to have Delrin covers, then everyone gets the same, and there's no moaning! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
Smooth ivory white bone is pretty consistent. Just sayin'. :D

To be honest, when I requested my 2019 Guardians knife I didn’t expect it to see much use. Like everyone else here, I’m pretty well fitted for knives, and I didn’t really see a niche for this one.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the fact that this knife has supplanted my Victorinox Farmer as my “go-to” knife for most outdoor tasks. It has earned its keep again today, trimming “non-contorted” branches from my wife’s contorted filbert tree.

View attachment 1165087
Isn't it a pleasure to use? I always liked the look of a lambsfoot, but didn't really appreciate the ergonomics until I used it in the garden. (more a jungle than a garden, really) ;)
xPyjmho.jpg

You get it now!!!
I just wanted to be a part of this great community, the Guardians. But once I got a hold of my first Lambsfoot, I understood it too. I don't think there is a better "user" knife out there. :cool::thumbsup:
You get it know. You've got it. There is something about a Lambfoot and the other one that we cannot mention on this thread that is positively addictive. I think it has a lot to do with the history of the knife itself, it's simplicity and the fact that they are just a good old fashioned work knife, or as you say "user " knife. Enjoy your knife, and start saving your "pennies". You are on a ride that has no end. Have a good sunday, and week.

Fantastic pic Kevin! :cool: You have the agility of a cat my friend! :D :thumbsup:

8hadnVG.jpg

The agility of a cat?.....Yep. :D
18899365092_f95b655a57_b.jpg

This is Tacky, she is our strange strange cat. :D
Lovely pic of your HHB .:thumbsup: At least all that rain you get results in some beautiful lush green country that is a perfect background for your Lambsfoot photos.

They have been used in the horticulture industry for a long time, now you can see why. Have a good Sunday.:)
:D:thumbsup:

Nothing left but their tips! :D
tZ2pvVg.jpg
BHOXRJ8.jpg

Smooth ivory white bone is pretty consistent. Just sayin'. :D

Isn't it a pleasure to use? I always liked the look of a lambsfoot, but didn't really appreciate the ergonomics until I used it in the garden. (more a jungle than a garden, really) ;)
xPyjmho.jpg

One of you fine folks posted a pic of a similar Lambsfoot a few days ago. I tried looking for it so I could properly quote your post but I couldn't find it, my apologies. Well, it reminded me of my very first Lambsfoot knife that I won in a GAW that was hosted by our good friend Jack Black Jack Black . This is the one that started my addiction to this fantastic pattern.
13098419914_58e87ce2ad_h.jpg

I can see why it started your addiction. Beautiful scales.
One of you fine folks posted a pic of a similar Lambsfoot a few days ago. I tried looking for it so I could properly quote your post but I couldn't find it, my apologies. Well, it reminded me of my very first Lambsfoot knife that I won in a GAW that was hosted by our good friend Jack Black Jack Black . This is the one that started my addiction to this fantastic pattern.

That's great Kevin :thumbsup: is it made by A Wright or another maker?

IMG_20190720_183701.jpg
Hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday!
I haven't been around in a while and it seems that I missed some amazing things that happened around here. Waynorth Lambsfoot? :eek:
Hartshead Barlow? :eek::eek:

I love my little Lamb and wouldn't ever part with it, but I can't help but oggle those lovelies :D

It looks like the one Jack Black Jack Black sent me to get me started. There's no telling where it was made, though I think the build resembles both Sabot and Cudeman.
I get the feeling they don't mark the country of origin within the EU, perhaps so nobody complains about paying the same price for something that used to be made in an expensive labor country after it's been moved to a cheaper labor country.

I can see why it started your addiction. Beautiful scales.

That's great Kevin :thumbsup: is it made by A Wright or another maker?

Thanks, Cudgee. This one does have some nice grain on it for a good ol' work knife.
I put a little wax lube on the handles, by accident at first, and it really brought out the beauty of the handle.

Dave, once again I say, it's all Jack's fault. ;):D
I don't think A Wright made this one. It doesn't have a tang stamp and it's stainless. Maybe Jack Black Jack Black knows who makes/ made them.

This one has been passed on to another in the spirit of spreading the word of the mighty Lambsfoot.

Another pic.
18253441174_cc7b558e6d_h.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the one Jack Black Jack Black sent me to get me started. There's no telling where it was made, though I think the build resembles both Sabot and Cudeman.
I get the feeling they don't mark the country of origin within the EU, perhaps so nobody complains about paying the same price for something that used to be made in an expensive labor country after it's been moved to a cheaper labor country.

See how he gets us all hooked?! ;):D

I think you might be on to something with Sabot and Cudeman resemblance.

Could it possibly be a Whitby?
Thanks, Cudgee. This one does have some nice grain on it for a good ol' work knife.
I put a little wax lube on the handles, by accident at first, and it really brought out the beauty of the handle.

Dave, once again I say, it's all Jack's fault. ;):D
I don't think A Wright made this one. It doesn't have a tang stamp and it's stainless. Maybe Jack Black Jack Black knows who makes/ made them.

This one has been passed on to another in the spirit of spreading the word of the mighty Lambsfoot.

Another pic.

Dave, once again I say it's all Jack's fault. ;):D

Another pic.
Either way, it got you started Kevin :thumbsup: I'm going to put your pic on my desktop it looks great! Jack is an enabler of the Lambsfoot for sure :p
e8ed3672cd6f13e5894ecabd0615d9f8.jpg

IMG_1317.JPG Hi. My name is Ben. I am a knife-aholic! I can't stop with just one, or two, or three, so ... here, direct from the mother country of Lambfoots is my new A. Wright in ebony! Cheap enough to not worry about patina, pretty enough to be difficult to not keep eyeing it. Fit and finish are in no wise perfect (Wilfred Works it is not), but as a sturdy and elegant tool it just brings a smile to my face!

Back