1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Check out the Technical sub-forum if you're having difficulties mate :thumbsup:

Excellent pic Mark, and well done :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics Vince, the Rosewood Lamb'll get the job done ;) :thumbsup:

To use the Lambsfoot is to love it ;) :thumbsup:

Aye, they don't chuck much aht in Yorkshire! :D Thanks for showing those Rachel :thumbsup:

I have some gardening to do myself today :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

That brings back some memories Kevin, the Silent Lambsfoot :) I think I must have given away a dozen of those knives, and everyone who has had them has loved them :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remarkably similar to some knives sold under the Taylor's Eye Witness brand.

No, it isn't made by Wright's Dave, though at least one YouTube reviewer thinks it was :rolleyes:

Great to see you here my friend, great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Yes, there's no legal requirement here to mark the country of origin, but I think it is a contract knife made in the Far East :thumbsup:

They're a good user for sure, particularly for someone who wants a stainless knife. Nice pic Kevin :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whitby sell them, they may even have contracted them, but they don't manufacture :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave! :D :thumbsup:

Congratulations Ben, that's a nice one :) :thumbsup:

2. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice contrast Ben, and both beautiful knives :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

The covers are Bexoid Harvey, 'Current' was one of the marks of Albert Oates, more info in this thread here , including a surprise appearance by the grandson on the inventor of the pattern (who I understand has since visited Wright's, a firm his grandfather once owned) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, the Sheldon is an interesting, and once very popular, working pattern, I wouldn't mind reviving :thumbsup:

Looks tasty John ;) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Taylor, hope you have a great birthday :) :thumbsup:

Sleep well Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

You too Vince :) :thumbsup:

Hope you're having a great weekend Chin :) Is that puff-pastry on the pasties? Ace pics as always, nice stag on your Hartshead :) :thumbsup:

That Rosewood is both unusual and interesting :) Thank you for showing it again :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, mitch4ging, tmd_87 and 7 others like this.
  3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, I've got so much work on at the moment! :eek: My Rosewood Big 'Un is going to help me with some of it :thumbsup:

Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Book, snuff-box and compass picked up in Holmfirth yesterday :)

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 15 others like this.
  4. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    What a fantastic gift and family heirloom Taylor. And it looks like a fine piece of walnut too. I’m a big fan of the .308 and .243 Winchester calibres ( @Prester John ) as well. Between them they’re about the ideal centrefire pair for Aussie conditions.

I had this beautiful Waynorth out with my .308 Browning X-bolt last weekend:
    [​IMG]

Thanks mate, yes I’ve had a great weekend. Went into the city yesterday for this Joyce reading group - not the sort of thing I usually go in for, but this group was at an old Melbourne Irish club with some cool characters in it.
    E184B0D7-81B0-405C-9B76-FB83F0A8F8DB.jpeg
    85668016-B688-4DAF-94F1-9AE8DF9FD95F.jpeg
    Then went out to the country today to visit a brewery and a great US style BBQ joint.

1A0CAF1F-99A9-4DC8-ACD4-8AE8E09FA748.jpeg
    23D7A355-5F53-41E8-8F8E-391EF73846B4.jpeg
    I’ve been particularly enjoying your West Yorkshire photoessays lately and ‘Wind that Shakes the Barley’ Lambsfoot pics.

And yes, those pasties are puff pastry. Not sure if that’s traditional English. Again, the vegie pastie was superior in that regard, being very light and flaky.

I hope you and all the other Guardians are having a great weekend as well.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 20 others like this.
  5. donn

donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Interesting difference in weight then. My Hartshead does have some very...robust stag though. :D:thumbsup:

For me it's an instant recollection thing of standing in my grandad's greenhouse on the farm surrounded by tomato plants. :):thumbsup:

LOL! Aye you've got to be careful in this country especially at the moment with the media/government doing another round of anti-knife hysterics. :rolleyes: Saying that me and Jack sat in the Fat Cat pub in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago with lambsfoot knives all over the table and no one battered an eyelid. If anything there was a lot of curiosity, interest and discussion from other customers in the pub about the knives and Sheffield cutlery. Of course I can't say the same if we'd of been sat in some hipster bar surrounded by 20-something year olds. :rolleyes:

Thanks John. I'm hoping the tip is actually pointing to the approximate location of the Apollo 11 landing site. :thumbsup:

You got a good selection of headgear in the U.S :thumbsup:

Your lambsfoot sure are building up the miles :D:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday! And what a fantastic present! :thumbsup:

Great catch Jack. We could use the small tins we got for the 2019 lambsfoot as snuff boxes.:D

Sorry I think I've missed some quotes from last week but I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :thumbsup:
    I'm just mooching at the mo'.
    [​IMG]

6. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks for the link Jack, that feller has a funny accent.;):p
    lol, thank you, :thumbsup::Dmy friend.

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Great to see you here companero :thumbsup: Me neither, but I wouldn't have been able to resist that old club, love the pic, and the one of your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup: It looks like you have been getting around as usual - even to the back-streets of Bradford from the look of it! :D :cool: :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words my friend ;) Traditionally pastie pastry is short-crust, though the big chains use puff pastry. Always a treat to explore your culinary adventures with you :) Not bad thank you, though the weather has gone a bit miserable today, and I have more work on than ever :rolleyes: Hope you have a good week Chin :thumbsup:

Nothing to compete with Chin's superb culinary endeavours, but I thought that I would honour @Prester John 's own forthcoming culinary adventure by resurrecting a past tradition, my Sunday Sausage Sandwich (or two of them in this case) ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 16 others like this.
  8. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Looks good Jack!:thumbsup:
    Happy Sunday to all the Guardians.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 18 others like this.
  9. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    David your right about the 20-something-year-olds it brought back memories of Linda and I canvasing for the Salvation Army at the different pubs years ago.:)

10. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    That's the Jack I remember! :thumbsup::D

11. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Fantastic photo Mark! :thumbsup::D

12. donn

donn

Sep 14, 2002
    We do like tradition on this forum.:):thumbsup:

Aye, not all of them are like that mind, but enough. :rolleyes:

13. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    My uncle Pete had the same rifle. Beautiful firearm. Myself, I had a pre WW2 Model 70 Winchester that was a gift from my dad. All my rifles and shot guns are now gone to my nieces and nephews as I don't hunt anymore and my kids don't want the guns.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  14. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Good morning Chin. I have several of the knife slips that you show in the photos. They are very nice too.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Cambertree like this.
  15. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    My kind of food!

[​IMG]

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  16. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Double post - sorry

[​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Jack and to all you Guardians around the world! :) Your Rosewood Bigun is a fine and capable knife. As you have shown with your sandwich it is handy in the kitchen as well as the field. They make a very sturdy and economical EDC. :thumbsup: Like a lot of us here I’ve been blessed with a treasure trove of beautiful new Lambsfoot knives the last few years. I feel bad about neglecting this ole Humphreys Radiant so it’s riding solo in my pocket today! :D

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I hope you don't do any baking with those kitchen scales David! :D :thumbsup: Thanks David, I'm enjoying your space shots :) When I was a teenager in Sheffield, I used to go in a pub, where, on a Sunday, an old lady, would sometimes bring in her grandmother's snuff box, and pass it around. It was two thirds of the size of a chess board! :cool: Nice to be able to have a proper knife conversation in a pub without negative interference :) :thumbsup:

Definitely Dave! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, fab pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

He was a heavier-set chap! :D :thumbsup:

Just had an hour in my back garden, stripping bindweed off of my brambles. I should get a good crop of blackberries this year :) Hope everyone is having a lovely day :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, TFBraden and 13 others like this.
  19. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Funny shirt! I saw it reflected in a bolster pic a few days back and was going to comment. Nice big Rosewood there.:thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Ron, thank you my friend, your Radiant is an absolute beauty :) :thumbsup:

Just having something to wash down all the bugs and invasive plant spores I just swallowed in the garden ;)

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, TFBraden and 14 others like this.