Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I am no good with computers. I have been trying to work out how to post pics. Getting nowhere. I am going to try and get someone to show me. When i can, will post the picture of my knife so you can compare and see what you think.:thumbsup:

Check out the Technical sub-forum if you're having difficulties mate :thumbsup:

F3FAM0t.jpg

Please consider donating if you qualify.:thumbsup:

Excellent pic Mark, and well done :thumbsup:

Just remember that we can't have a prolonged discussion on this thread. I will post a few pics with lambsfoot content tomorrow night, but any prolonged discussion will have to be by PM please. Will be using my rosewood lamb:
WESCTHM.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your pics Vince, the Rosewood Lamb'll get the job done ;) :thumbsup:

You get it now!!!
I just wanted to be a part of this great community, the Guardians. But once I got a hold of my first Lambsfoot, I understood it too. I don't think there is a better "user" knife out there. :cool::thumbsup:

To use the Lambsfoot is to love it ;) :thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

Nothing left but their tips! :D
tZ2pvVg.jpg
BHOXRJ8.jpg

Smooth ivory white bone is pretty consistent. Just sayin'. :D

Isn't it a pleasure to use? I always liked the look of a lambsfoot, but didn't really appreciate the ergonomics until I used it in the garden. (more a jungle than a garden, really) ;)
xPyjmho.jpg

Aye, they don't chuck much aht in Yorkshire! :D Thanks for showing those Rachel :thumbsup:

I have some gardening to do myself today :) :thumbsup:

The agility of a cat?.....Yep. :D
18899365092_f95b655a57_b.jpg

This is Tacky, she is our strange strange cat. :D
Lovely pic of your HHB .:thumbsup: At least all that rain you get results in some beautiful lush green country that is a perfect background for your Lambsfoot photos.

LOL! :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

One of you fine folks posted a pic of a similar Lambsfoot a few days ago. I tried looking for it so I could properly quote your post but I couldn't find it, my apologies. Well, it reminded me of my very first Lambsfoot knife that I won in a GAW that was hosted by our good friend Jack Black Jack Black . This is the one that started my addiction to this fantastic pattern.
13098419914_58e87ce2ad_h.jpg

That brings back some memories Kevin, the Silent Lambsfoot :) I think I must have given away a dozen of those knives, and everyone who has had them has loved them :thumbsup:

dUvq5X2.jpg

2IF7EBi.jpg

Remarkably similar to some knives sold under the Taylor's Eye Witness brand.

That's great Kevin :thumbsup: is it made by A Wright or another maker?

No, it isn't made by Wright's Dave, though at least one YouTube reviewer thinks it was :rolleyes:

View attachment 1165171
Hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday!
I haven't been around in a while and it seems that I missed some amazing things that happened around here. Waynorth Lambsfoot? :eek:
Hartshead Barlow? :eek::eek:

I love my little Lamb and wouldn't ever part with it, but I can't help but oggle those lovelies :D

Great to see you here my friend, great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

It looks like the one Jack Black Jack Black sent me to get me started. There's no telling where it was made, though I think the build resembles both Sabot and Cudeman.
I get the feeling they don't mark the country of origin within the EU, perhaps so nobody complains about paying the same price for something that used to be made in an expensive labor country after it's been moved to a cheaper labor country.

Yes, there's no legal requirement here to mark the country of origin, but I think it is a contract knife made in the Far East :thumbsup:

Thanks, Cudgee. This one does have some nice grain on it for a good ol' work knife.
I put a little wax lube on the handles, by accident at first, and it really brought out the beauty of the handle.

Dave, once again I say, it's all Jack's fault. ;):D
I don't think A Wright made this one. It doesn't have a tang stamp and it's stainless. Maybe Jack Black Jack Black knows who makes/ made them.

This one has been passed on to another in the spirit of spreading the word of the mighty Lambsfoot.

Another pic.
18253441174_cc7b558e6d_h.jpg

They're a good user for sure, particularly for someone who wants a stainless knife. Nice pic Kevin :thumbsup:

See how he gets us all hooked?! ;):D

I think you might be on to something with Sabot and Cudeman resemblance.

:D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Could it possibly be a Whitby?

Whitby sell them, they may even have contracted them, but they don't manufacture :thumbsup:

Either way, it got you started Kevin :thumbsup: I'm going to put your pic on my desktop it looks great! Jack is an enabler of the Lambsfoot for sure :p
e8ed3672cd6f13e5894ecabd0615d9f8.jpg

Great pic Dave! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1165231 Hi. My name is Ben. I am a knife-aholic! I can't stop with just one, or two, or three, so ... here, direct from the mother country of Lambfoots is my new A. Wright in ebony! Cheap enough to not worry about patina, pretty enough to be difficult to not keep eyeing it. Fit and finish are in no wise perfect (Wilfred Works it is not), but as a sturdy and elegant tool it just brings a smile to my face!

View attachment 1165232 A little figure to the pile side.

Congratulations Ben, that's a nice one :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1165233 And with my blonde horn scaled pruner handled A. Wright!

Nice contrast Ben, and both beautiful knives :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight. Jack Black Jack Black should be credited for the answers being offered here. It’s a “Sheldon knife” friction folder. A basic tradesman’s knife with some sort of composite material. Jack has mentioned the material, but it escapes me now, as well as the “Current”Tang stamp., which is either the factory or the shop. It’s also stamped Albert Oates.
View attachment 1165234

View attachment 1165235

View attachment 1165236

The covers are Bexoid Harvey, 'Current' was one of the marks of Albert Oates, more info in this thread here , including a surprise appearance by the grandson on the inventor of the pattern (who I understand has since visited Wright's, a firm his grandfather once owned) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Always up for one of your Lambsfoot history lessons, and the images accompanying them.

Thank you Harvey, the Sheldon is an interesting, and once very popular, working pattern, I wouldn't mind reviving :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians
I hope it's a sweet one for all of you...

Looks tasty John ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1165271
Celebrating my birthday early with family. My grandfather gave me a doozy of a present. A Pre-64 Winchester model 88 in 308 Winchester!!! He bought the gun in 1960 for $65. Shot a lot of black tails with it.
pOEba5L.jpg

Congratulations Taylor, hope you have a great birthday :) :thumbsup:

Sleep well Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Happy early Birthday, Taylor. What a nice thoughtful and meaningful present.

A4E73BE3-5DA3-4289-A059-6E934969D63F_zps9kjvckwj.jpeg

Smashing pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Have a glorious Sunday, Guardians!
bXfekLN.jpg

You too Vince :) :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians!

I’ve got quite a busy weekend on, so I’ll have to catch up with a proper post and acknowledgments later. There’s been some interesting conversational points raised too about the construction of these knives.

For the moment, I’d just like to file a report with GT @5K Qs that my pastie investigations are progressing well.;):D:p
View attachment 1165210
(But my photo framing ability is apparently deteriorating!:D:eek:)

Mah knife did the slicing honours. These are from two of the four bakeries in my small country town - a meat Cornish pastie, and a more modern, square shaped Aussie vegetable pastie.

Although the vegetable pastie appeared to just be carrots, onion and potato, I preferred it, as the ingredients tasted like they were made from fresh vegetables, rather than a frozen premix.

Ol’ Reliable handled the cutting chores with aplomb.

LOL, yep my first one was free as well!:p:D
18Dnrka.jpg

How did I end up with 9 Lambsfoot knives?!!

View attachment 1165209

Enjoying a Bavarian brew with my Hartshead on hand, before checking out a Finnegans Wake reading group in Melbourne, I was invited to.

Hope you're having a great weekend Chin :) Is that puff-pastry on the pasties? Ace pics as always, nice stag on your Hartshead :) :thumbsup:

I apologize for posting this again but Jack Black Jack Black asked what the cover material was on this I.XL is . It is rosewood and a very nice rosewood. View attachment 1165339

That Rosewood is both unusual and interesting :) Thank you for showing it again :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1165271
Celebrating my birthday early with family. My grandfather gave me a doozy of a present. A Pre-64 Winchester model 88 in 308 Winchester!!! He bought the gun in 1960 for $65. Shot a lot of black tails with it.
pOEba5L.jpg
What a fantastic gift and family heirloom Taylor. And it looks like a fine piece of walnut too. I’m a big fan of the .308 and .243 Winchester calibres ( @Prester John ) as well. Between them they’re about the ideal centrefire pair for Aussie conditions.

I had this beautiful Waynorth out with my .308 Browning X-bolt last weekend:
zhhX8b8.jpg

Hope you're having a great weekend Chin :) Is that puff-pastry on the pasties? Ace pics as always, nice stag on your Hartshead :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, yes I’ve had a great weekend. Went into the city yesterday for this Joyce reading group - not the sort of thing I usually go in for, but this group was at an old Melbourne Irish club with some cool characters in it.
E184B0D7-81B0-405C-9B76-FB83F0A8F8DB.jpeg
85668016-B688-4DAF-94F1-9AE8DF9FD95F.jpeg
Then went out to the country today to visit a brewery and a great US style BBQ joint.

1A0CAF1F-99A9-4DC8-ACD4-8AE8E09FA748.jpeg
23D7A355-5F53-41E8-8F8E-391EF73846B4.jpeg
I’ve been particularly enjoying your West Yorkshire photoessays lately and ‘Wind that Shakes the Barley’ Lambsfoot pics.

And yes, those pasties are puff pastry. Not sure if that’s traditional English. Again, the vegie pastie was superior in that regard, being very light and flaky.

I hope you and all the other Guardians are having a great weekend as well.

Last edited:
Don't have my scale handy, but I seem to recall weighing my stag Hartshead Barlow, and it was close to 3oz. Will have to reweigh when I get home.

Interesting difference in weight then. My Hartshead does have some very...robust stag though. :D:thumbsup:

Thank you, David. 'Tis a mystery on the tomato plants and their unique scent. My mother is one who doesn't care for it but she also does not care for anything with a strong smell. She has an extraordinarily sensitive nose.

For me it's an instant recollection thing of standing in my grandad's greenhouse on the farm surrounded by tomato plants. :):thumbsup:

You could always take a leaf out of Jack’s book, and try for a sentence of Transportation! Although I see the long arm of the law has yet to catch up with his urban parkour/Lambsfoot photojournalism exploits in Sheffield yet!

LOL! Aye you've got to be careful in this country especially at the moment with the media/government doing another round of anti-knife hysterics. :rolleyes: Saying that me and Jack sat in the Fat Cat pub in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago with lambsfoot knives all over the table and no one battered an eyelid. If anything there was a lot of curiosity, interest and discussion from other customers in the pub about the knives and Sheffield cutlery. Of course I can't say the same if we'd of been sat in some hipster bar surrounded by 20-something year olds. :rolleyes:

Your Lamb is "Over the moon", David. :)

Thanks John. I'm hoping the tip is actually pointing to the approximate location of the Apollo 11 landing site. :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Guardians!

dRFHKpO.jpg

You got a good selection of headgear in the U.S :thumbsup:

Sticking with my current theme and Betty.
48327318517_f786743d30_h.jpg

Your lambsfoot sure are building up the miles :D:thumbsup:

View attachment 1165271
pOEba5L.jpg

Happy Birthday! And what a fantastic present! :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I've got so much work on at the moment! :eek: My Rosewood Big 'Un is going to help me with some of it :thumbsup:

Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

e0A3xMO.jpg

Book, snuff-box and compass picked up in Holmfirth yesterday :)

Great catch Jack. We could use the small tins we got for the 2019 lambsfoot as snuff boxes.:D

Sorry I think I've missed some quotes from last week but I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :thumbsup:
I'm just mooching at the mo'.
e9ZK7RC.jpg

What a fantastic gift and family heirloom Taylor. And it looks like a fine piece of walnut too. I’m a big fan of the .308 and .243 Winchester calibres ( @Prester John ) as well. Between them they’re about the ideal centrefire pair for Aussie conditions.

zhhX8b8.jpg

Thanks mate, yes I’ve had a great weekend. Went into the city yesterday for this Joyce reading group - not the sort of thing I usually go in for, but this group was at an old Melbourne Irish club with some cool characters in it.
View attachment 1165346
View attachment 1165348
Then went out to the country today to visit a brewery and a great US style BBQ joint.

View attachment 1165347
View attachment 1165349
I’ve been particularly enjoying your West Yorkshire photoessays lately and ‘Wind that Shakes the Barley’ Lambsfoot pics.

And yes, those pasties are puff pastry. Not sure if that’s traditional English. Again, the vegie pastie was superior in that regard, being very light and flaky.

Great to see you here companero :thumbsup: Me neither, but I wouldn't have been able to resist that old club, love the pic, and the one of your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup: It looks like you have been getting around as usual - even to the back-streets of Bradford from the look of it! :D :cool: :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words my friend ;) Traditionally pastie pastry is short-crust, though the big chains use puff pastry. Always a treat to explore your culinary adventures with you :) Not bad thank you, though the weather has gone a bit miserable today, and I have more work on than ever :rolleyes: Hope you have a good week Chin :thumbsup:

Nothing to compete with Chin's superb culinary endeavours, but I thought that I would honour @Prester John 's own forthcoming culinary adventure by resurrecting a past tradition, my Sunday Sausage Sandwich (or two of them in this case) ;) :thumbsup:

hW3uPwm.jpg

LOL! Aye you've got to be careful in this country especially at the moment with the media/government doing another round of anti-knife hysterics. :rolleyes: Saying that me and Jack sat in the Fat Cat pub in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago with lambsfoot knives all over the table and no one battered an eyelid. If anything there was a lot of curiosity, interest and discussion from other customers in the pub about the knives and Sheffield cutlery. Of course I can't say the same if we'd of been sat in some hipster bar surrounded by 20-something year olds. :rolleyes:
David your right about the 20-something-year-olds it brought back memories of Linda and I canvasing for the Salvation Army at the different pubs years ago.:)

Nothing to compete with Chin's superb culinary endeavours, but I thought that I would honour @Prester John 's own forthcoming culinary adventure by resurrecting a past tradition, my Sunday Sausage Sandwich (or two of them in this case) ;) :thumbsup:

hW3uPwm.jpg

We do like tradition on this forum.:):thumbsup:

David your right about the 20-something-year-olds it brought back memories of Linda and I canvasing for the Salvation Army at the different pubs years ago.:)

Aye, not all of them are like that mind, but enough. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1165271
pOEba5L.jpg
My uncle Pete had the same rifle. Beautiful firearm. Myself, I had a pre WW2 Model 70 Winchester that was a gift from my dad. All my rifles and shot guns are now gone to my nieces and nephews as I don't hunt anymore and my kids don't want the guns.

Last edited:

zhhX8b8.jpg

View attachment 1165346
View attachment 1165348

View attachment 1165347
View attachment 1165349

Good morning Chin. I have several of the knife slips that you show in the photos. They are very nice too.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Great to see you here companero :thumbsup: Me neither, but I wouldn't have been able to resist that old club, love the pic, and the one of your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup: It looks like you have been getting around as usual - even to the back-streets of Bradford from the look of it! :D :cool: :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words my friend ;) Traditionally pastie pastry is short-crust, though the big chains use puff pastry. Always a treat to explore your culinary adventures with you :) Not bad thank you, though the weather has gone a bit miserable today, and I have more work on than ever :rolleyes: Hope you have a good week Chin :thumbsup:

hW3uPwm.jpg
My kind of food!

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Morning Guardians, I've got so much work on at the moment! :eek: My Rosewood Big 'Un is going to help me with some of it :thumbsup:

Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

e0A3xMO.jpg

Book, snuff-box and compass picked up in Holmfirth yesterday :)
Good morning Jack and to all you Guardians around the world! :) Your Rosewood Bigun is a fine and capable knife. As you have shown with your sandwich it is handy in the kitchen as well as the field. They make a very sturdy and economical EDC. :thumbsup: Like a lot of us here I’ve been blessed with a treasure trove of beautiful new Lambsfoot knives the last few years. I feel bad about neglecting this ole Humphreys Radiant so it’s riding solo in my pocket today! :D

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

Interesting difference in weight then. My Hartshead does have some very...robust stag though. :D:thumbsup:

For me it's an instant recollection thing of standing in my grandad's greenhouse on the farm surrounded by tomato plants. :):thumbsup:

Thanks John. I'm hoping the tip is actually pointing to the approximate location of the Apollo 11 landing site. :thumbsup:

You got a good selection of headgear in the U.S :thumbsup:

Your lambsfoot sure are building up the miles :D:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday! And what a fantastic present! :thumbsup:

Great catch Jack. We could use the small tins we got for the 2019 lambsfoot as snuff boxes.:D

Sorry I think I've missed some quotes from last week but I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :thumbsup:
I'm just mooching at the mo'.
e9ZK7RC.jpg

I hope you don't do any baking with those kitchen scales David! :D :thumbsup: Thanks David, I'm enjoying your space shots :) When I was a teenager in Sheffield, I used to go in a pub, where, on a Sunday, an old lady, would sometimes bring in her grandmother's snuff box, and pass it around. It was two thirds of the size of a chess board! :cool: Nice to be able to have a proper knife conversation in a pub without negative interference :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Jack, that feller has a funny accent.;):p

lol, thank you, :thumbsup::Dmy friend.

Definitely Dave! :D :thumbsup:

Looks good Jack!:thumbsup:
Happy Sunday to all the Guardians.
j0dME10.jpg

Thanks Mark, fab pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's the Jack I remember! :thumbsup::D

He was a heavier-set chap! :D :thumbsup:

Just had an hour in my back garden, stripping bindweed off of my brambles. I should get a good crop of blackberries this year :) Hope everyone is having a lovely day :thumbsup:

Xsoel7m.jpg

I hope you don't do any baking with those kitchen scales David! :D :thumbsup: Thanks David, I'm enjoying your space shots :) When I was a teenager in Sheffield, I used to go in a pub, where, on a Sunday, an old lady, would sometimes bring in her grandmother's snuff box, and pass it around. It was two thirds of the size of a chess board! :cool: Nice to be able to have a proper knife conversation in a pub without negative interference :) :thumbsup:

Definitely Dave! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, fab pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

He was a heavier-set chap! :D :thumbsup:

Just had an hour in my back garden, stripping bindweed off of my brambles. I should get a good crop of blackberries this year :) Hope everyone is having a lovely day :thumbsup:

Xsoel7m.jpg
Funny shirt! I saw it reflected in a bolster pic a few days back and was going to comment. Nice big Rosewood there.:thumbsup:

Good morning Jack and to all you Guardians around the world! :) Your Rosewood Bigun is a fine and capable knife. As you have shown with your sandwich it is handy in the kitchen as well as the field. They make a very sturdy and economical EDC. :thumbsup: Like a lot of us here I’ve been blessed with a treasure trove of beautiful new Lambsfoot knives the last few years. I feel bad about neglecting this ole Humphreys Radiant so it’s riding solo in my pocket today! :D

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

Morning Ron, thank you my friend, your Radiant is an absolute beauty :) :thumbsup:

Just having something to wash down all the bugs and invasive plant spores I just swallowed in the garden ;)

HOFZL1N.jpg

Back