1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    "...strait is the gate, and narrow is the way...." ;)

mitch4ging, Cambertree, donn and 3 others like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 20 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great background. :cool::thumbsup:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

dc50 likes this.
  5. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black likes this.
  6. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Nice one Jack, :thumbsup::)

7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Has he any wool?

8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Bam-Ba- Lamb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Killer Damascus snakewood, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I wonder if they have any venomous snakes in Syria? :rolleyes:)

Good information, ED. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Why is it called the "presentation side" of the knife? Is it historically the way knives were displayed in stores?

Nor can "kids today" use a slide rule! :rolleyes:
    BJ.mark.sliderule.right.jpg
    Dennis, I AM thankful NOT to see you dancing :eek:, and also thankful for the opportunity to see your stag HHB with the cap! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Time for today's installment featuring the jigged bone Waynorth lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Two examples are sufficient today.

Your DI lambsfoot is Definitely Intriguing, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (What do you think of driftwood covers for a lambsfoot??)

Good examples, Jack. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I still find that first horn example mesmerizing, and wish we'd see the pile side of your Guardians Horn lambsfoot more frequently! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Handsome and Helpful I*XL, @Reaper AL! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I understand your preference for darker stag, José, but I think your fancy left-handed model has a subtle mix of many colors that's quite striking! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Exemplary edge, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Timely photo of your stag HHB, David! ;):cool::cool: I'm not familiar with moon geography, but is the knife pointing out the landing zone of the first moon landing 50 years ago?

Bill, I've always found that folks here are not only knowledgeable, but also generous and kind in answering questions. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: (My username indicates that I came here with 5000 Questions. :rolleyes:)

Fantastic photo of that stellar stag HHB! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Impressive ironwood pic, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope the knife is wearing his summer weight pinstripes in this hot spell! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, Mark :), and for posting the pic of your distinguished ironwood! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'll bet it's a hotsy-totsy honeymoon, John! :cool::cool:;)

That lambsfoot friction folder is a surprising treat, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Are you picking up new lambsfoot examples every other day, or do you have a vast collection you've built over decades?!? :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool pic of your stag HHB and another cool Guardians cap, Barry! :thumbsup::cool::cool: How many different color caps did you get?

Thanks for your encouragement to me (and so many others), John! :)

There's a phrase I'm sure I've neither uttered nor written! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe I'll use it in my next argument with my wife; it seems quite versatile, and could be used in a conciliatory way, or used to add fuel to the fire! :D:rolleyes:

Dave, I can't help but note 'em,
    Those sightings of Totem!! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Good to see pics of some of your vintage lambs! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Valley Jack is here for his last day of his turn as Lambsfoot of the Week for me:
    IJ.pile.open.shovel.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 20 others like this.
  9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, GT that's a mighty fine photo of Valley Jack.:thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Might fine look'n that Valley Jack

[​IMG]

mitch4ging likes this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It's been fun comparing it to my other Lambsfoot knives.
    The same in so many ways, yet different in so many others. :cool::thumbsup:
    I think I've come to the (early) conclusion that the Waynorth is a good EDC, being so slender in the pocket and having a thin and slicey blade. The Wright's is a more robust worker, with stouter tip, broader handle, and gator-like spring strength... almost feels like I can pry up a manhole cover with it.

Goodbye Valley Jack, enjoy your well-earned rest. :)

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you GT. I started collecting Lambsfoot knives at the end of last year, up til now. Being a history of all things fan, I gravitated toward the vintage Lambsfoot knives. I’ve slowed down and have been increasingly become more selective.

Looks like Valley Jack has had a good week. Hope to see him in the near future. Have a good week.

13. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    3F43ECD6-31F7-4849-B12F-984919CBF2BB.jpeg Afternoon guardians stopped for a little coffee break and just had to put the stag lambsfoot up for an afternoon shot

14. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Yes the 308 is great in North America! This caliber has definitely taken enough game here. I would be confident with this caliber with almost any animal maybe besides a big grizzly bear or moose which I won't be hunting anytime soon.

OLd_gUY, Ramrodmb, mitch4ging and 3 others like this.
  15. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Sure seems that way sometimes!

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  16. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Great work on that picture, love the headlights. The AC looks great on top...kinda like some of the LED lights that are now the craze...well, not really;)

17. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    A chess board?! That's alorra snuff! :D

What a lovely looking motor! There can't be many of them in North America can there? And the lambsfoot ain't to shabby either. :D:thumbsup:

LOL! I suspect your absolutely right. :thumbsup:

Nice to see Valley Jack lapping up the sun. Been overcast and dull round me today.
    Oh and yes according to Wiki' 'Eagle' touched down approximately where the tip of the lambsfoot is resting. I know it was the Sea of Tranquility, but that's actually a big place so I did a search and Wiki' says it's roughly there. :thumbsup:

Just sticking Friday just gone in 'cos I like the picture. Sarah Hughes Mild. Pint of. :thumbsup: Yum Yum. :cool:
    [​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dave :) :thumbsup:

Three bags I believe ;) :thumbsup:

Since this seems to be an ongoing thing, do you think it might be possible to consider the selection of an alternative title for this installment GT? As was pointed out to me when I first started posting here, some of our younger members like to read through the posts with their kids, and if that is the case, I doubt they'd be comfortable explaining the meaning of all of that sentence to their youngsters. I know that I wouldn't. Just a thought, it did occur to me last week :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary :) I really should take more pile side shots of all my knives, it's habit more than anything :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Very good GT! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, and it's nice to see Valley Jack take a bow :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, and since it was 19th century snuff, heaven knows what was in that box! :eek:

Nice pic David :thumbsup:

I think I may just have found the cure for insomnia! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    LOL Jack! I almost fell asleep reading the description.:D Let us know how it works out.