Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yes, and since it was 19th century snuff, heaven knows what was in that box! :eek:

Nice pic David :thumbsup:

I think I may just have found the cure for insomnia! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Dkzkcwd.jpg

CoLzvpD.jpg

08hfzL8.jpg

LOL Jack! I almost fell asleep reading the description.:D Let us know how it works out.

A few weeks ago I ordered a rosewood lambsfoot. Today I had time to sit down and put a edge on it so I can being carrying it. The fit and finish really surprised me for the cost. Nice transitions, flush rivets, centered blade. I was kind of surprised at how stout the pull was, but I don’t mine. It’s a beautiful knife I’m proud to own. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

7763FE78-13A8-4ED5-8A81-0A201ABFEE82.jpeg D919B66F-5A41-4749-BC3B-DD22A464D3A1.jpeg E943832E-411A-49BC-9A62-1BDF7672EE50.jpeg

A few weeks ago I ordered a rosewood lambsfoot. Today I had time to sit down and put a edge on it so I can being carrying it. The fit and finish really surprised me for the cost. Nice transitions, flush rivets, centered blade. I was kind of surprised at how stout the pull was, but I don’t mine. It’s a beautiful knife I’m proud to own. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

View attachment 1165687 View attachment 1165685 View attachment 1165686
Boy o boy Jon you recieved a nice one congratulations! :thumbsup::cool::D

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

Everyone is familiar with Spam, I suppose. The bread may be a Texas brand. The peanut butter is Laura Scudder's, my favourite: just peanuts and a little salt. No sugar, no corn syrup, no artificial preservatives, etc. And that's a rosewood lambsfoot, front and center.

1TIy6iY.jpg

The Spam was easy to slice with the lambsfoot.

I spread some peanut butter on each slice of bread.
Sy5vMrU.jpg

The peanut butter jar was less than half full, so I had to dig in. Got some peanut butter on the tang and a little in the well near the tang, but it wasn't too hard to clean.

Fried the Spam in a little butter:
BrgsHfB.jpg

And the lambsfoot easily cut my sandwich in half:
GQBbfQO.jpg

Normally I eat potato chips with sandwiches, but I thought a banana would better accompany this meal:
CnzpgDQ.jpg

Wasn't sure if I should have milk or beer with this meal, so I opted for Tang, in honour of the Apollo 11 astronauts.

You should have seen my wife's face when I put the Spam on the peanut butter! She already thinks I'm crazy.

I must say I have never had this particular combination before, but it was not bad at all. My wife thought I would end up giving most of the sandwich to the dogs, but I ate it all. I probably will not add this meal to my rotation, but I did enjoy it.

Note: This was a one-off deal. I do not intend to start accepting "culinary challenges"!

That's all folks!

Cool pic Dwight!
Thanks Jack.

Cool pic Jack. :D Never had black rum. :cool:

Impressive ironwood pic, Dwight! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope the knife is wearing his summer weight pinstripes in this hot spell!
Oh he is GT but still prefers the AC. :rolleyes:

Valley Jack is here for his last day of his turn as Lambsfoot of the Week for me:
Valley Jack is looking smart!

Great work on that picture, love the headlights. The AC looks great on top...kinda like some of the LED lights that are now the craze...well, not really
Thanks PJ. :)

View attachment 1165687 View attachment 1165685 View attachment 1165686
Beautiful lamb Jon.

Prester John Prester John - Good job Vince! It really didn't look too bad either. :D

A chess board?! That's alorra snuff! :D

What a lovely looking motor! There can't be many of them in North America can there? And the lambsfoot ain't to shabby either. :D:thumbsup:

LOL! I suspect your absolutely right. :thumbsup:

Nice to see Valley Jack lapping up the sun. Been overcast and dull round me today.
Oh and yes according to Wiki' 'Eagle' touched down approximately where the tip of the lambsfoot is resting. I know it was the Sea of Tranquility, but that's actually a big place so I did a search and Wiki' says it's roughly there. :thumbsup:

Just sticking Friday just gone in 'cos I like the picture. Sarah Hughes Mild. Pint of. :thumbsup: Yum Yum. :cool:
zUpc5Sz.jpg
Hi Donn - Concerning my Morgan motor car...there are more than you think because they were imported over many decades. Having said that, the Morgan Car Company made few of them and they mostly rotted away (had a wood super structure under the body skins. Mine was a total basket case and I had to replace all the wood, etc. People don't take them out much - garage queens. A pity really. Not very comfortable - like being drug around in a peach crate over a rough road. But, dripping with cool.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

Everyone is familiar with Spam, I suppose. The bread may be a Texas brand. The peanut butter is Laura Scudder's, my favourite: just peanuts and a little salt. No sugar, no corn syrup, no artificial preservatives, etc. And that's a rosewood lambsfoot, front and center.

1TIy6iY.jpg

Sy5vMrU.jpg

The peanut butter jar was less than half full, so I had to dig in. Got some peanut butter on the tang and a little in the well near the tang, but it wasn't too hard to clean.

BrgsHfB.jpg

GQBbfQO.jpg

Normally I eat potato chips with sandwiches, but I thought a banana would better accompany this meal:
CnzpgDQ.jpg

Wasn't sure if I should have milk or beer with this meal, so I opted for Tang, in honour of the Apollo 11 astronauts.

You should have seen my wife's face when I put the Spam on the peanut butter! She already thinks I'm crazy.

I must say I have never had this particular combination before, but it was not bad at all. My wife thought I would end up giving most of the sandwich to the dogs, but I ate it all. I probably will not add this meal to my rotation, but I did enjoy it.

Note: This was a one-off deal. I do not intend to start accepting "culinary challenges"!

That's all folks!
Well done. I'm not a spam fan, but your choice of Laura Scudder's Peanut Butter is a good one. Because there's no sugar in it, it works well with savory foods. I've used it on stir fry. :cool::thumbsup:

Any way, it couldn't be worse than peanut butter and Marmite. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
o1tBlBc.jpg

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

1TIy6iY.jpg

Sy5vMrU.jpg

BrgsHfB.jpg

GQBbfQO.jpg

CnzpgDQ.jpg

That's all folks!

This is a great post - all of it but when you got to the fried Spam in butter, that's when I said to myself; "That's what I'm talking about!!!!". Want to try something a little different? Make a sandwich with peanut butter and a bit of sweet pickle relish.

Sweet lambfoot by the way.

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

1TIy6iY.jpg

Sy5vMrU.jpg

BrgsHfB.jpg

GQBbfQO.jpg

CnzpgDQ.jpg

That's all folks!

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Well done. I'm not a spam fan, but your choice of Laura Scudder's Peanut Butter is a good one. Because there's no sugar in it, it works well with savory foods. I've used it on stir fry. :cool::thumbsup:
It's been my favourite for decades.
This is a great post - all of it but when you got to the fried Spam in butter, that's when I said to myself; "That's what I'm talking about!!!!". Want to try something a little different? Make a sandwich with peanut butter and a bit of sweet pickle relish.

Sweet lambfoot by the way.
Thanks. As for the butter, I'm a devotée of Julia Child: butter on everything!

Not sure if the patina was affected much. Been using the rosewood lambsfoot the most recently.

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

1TIy6iY.jpg

Sy5vMrU.jpg

BrgsHfB.jpg

GQBbfQO.jpg

CnzpgDQ.jpg

That's all folks!

Thanks. As for the butter, I'm a devotée of Julia Child: butter on everything!

Fantastic, Vince! Not only did you keep your word, you made a delightful post of it as well.

I'm a fan Julia Child. I don't know whether she carried a pocket knife, but I'd wager she would have appreciated a good sharp lambsfoot.

Making tomato sauce moved the patina along a bit more.
lfLKZQ3.jpg

Looking good!

Nice recipes and pictures!! I am gonna have to hurry and post these comparisons - I have an urge for a snack!!!:D
The older inspirations and the new!!:)
View attachment 1165850 View attachment 1165851

Now that's a quality quartet of very handsome knives! :thumbsup:

Back