1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    A few weeks ago I ordered a rosewood lambsfoot. Today I had time to sit down and put a edge on it so I can being carrying it. The fit and finish really surprised me for the cost. Nice transitions, flush rivets, centered blade. I was kind of surprised at how stout the pull was, but I don’t mine. It’s a beautiful knife I’m proud to own. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

7763FE78-13A8-4ED5-8A81-0A201ABFEE82.jpeg D919B66F-5A41-4749-BC3B-DD22A464D3A1.jpeg E943832E-411A-49BC-9A62-1BDF7672EE50.jpeg

peanutsxx, akaMatt, Pt-Luso and 22 others like this.
  2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Boy o boy Jon you recieved a nice one congratulations! :thumbsup::cool::D

3. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Thank you sir;)

dc50 and waynorth like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    The ingredients:
    [​IMG]
    Everyone is familiar with Spam, I suppose. The bread may be a Texas brand. The peanut butter is Laura Scudder's, my favourite: just peanuts and a little salt. No sugar, no corn syrup, no artificial preservatives, etc. And that's a rosewood lambsfoot, front and center.

[​IMG]
    The Spam was easy to slice with the lambsfoot.

I spread some peanut butter on each slice of bread.
    [​IMG]
    The peanut butter jar was less than half full, so I had to dig in. Got some peanut butter on the tang and a little in the well near the tang, but it wasn't too hard to clean.

Fried the Spam in a little butter:
    [​IMG]

And the lambsfoot easily cut my sandwich in half:
    [​IMG]

Normally I eat potato chips with sandwiches, but I thought a banana would better accompany this meal:
    [​IMG]
    Wasn't sure if I should have milk or beer with this meal, so I opted for Tang, in honour of the Apollo 11 astronauts.

You should have seen my wife's face when I put the Spam on the peanut butter! She already thinks I'm crazy.

I must say I have never had this particular combination before, but it was not bad at all. My wife thought I would end up giving most of the sandwich to the dogs, but I ate it all. I probably will not add this meal to my rotation, but I did enjoy it.

Note: This was a one-off deal. I do not intend to start accepting "culinary challenges"!

That's all folks!

peanutsxx, RayseM, Pt-Luso and 21 others like this.
  5. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears

Aug 12, 2011
    Playing with this dynamic duo today
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 19 others like this.
  6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Jack.

Cool pic Jack. :D Never had black rum. :cool:

Oh he is GT but still prefers the AC. :rolleyes:

Valley Jack is looking smart!

Thanks PJ. :)

Beautiful lamb Jon.

@Prester John - Good job Vince! It really didn't look too bad either. :D

7. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Hi Donn - Concerning my Morgan motor car...there are more than you think because they were imported over many decades. Having said that, the Morgan Car Company made few of them and they mostly rotted away (had a wood super structure under the body skins. Mine was a total basket case and I had to replace all the wood, etc. People don't take them out much - garage queens. A pity really. Not very comfortable - like being drug around in a peach crate over a rough road. But, dripping with cool.

[​IMG]

8. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Well done. I'm not a spam fan, but your choice of Laura Scudder's Peanut Butter is a good one. Because there's no sugar in it, it works well with savory foods. I've used it on stir fry. :cool::thumbsup:

Any way, it couldn't be worse than peanut butter and Marmite. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, akaMatt and 19 others like this.
  9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Making tomato sauce moved the patina along a bit more.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, OLd_gUY and 20 others like this.
  10. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    This is a great post - all of it but when you got to the fried Spam in butter, that's when I said to myself; "That's what I'm talking about!!!!". Want to try something a little different? Make a sandwich with peanut butter and a bit of sweet pickle relish.

Sweet lambfoot by the way.

11. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Jack Black, Cambertree, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  12. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice recipes and pictures!! I am gonna have to hurry and post these comparisons - I have an urge for a snack!!!:D
    The older inspirations and the new!!:)
    Compare A.jpg Compare B.jpg

pjsjr, peanutsxx, donn and 21 others like this.
  13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    It's been my favourite for decades.
    Thanks. As for the butter, I'm a devotée of Julia Child: butter on everything!

Not sure if the patina was affected much. Been using the rosewood lambsfoot the most recently.

donn, Modoc ED, Jack Black and 6 others like this.
  14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Rudyard!
    "Do you like Kipling?"
    "I don't know, I've never kippled!" ;)

15. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, akaMatt and 17 others like this.
  16. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190721_162616.jpg
    3 normal chicken eggs, and a fairy egg!
    IMG_20190721_161708.jpg

pjsjr, peanutsxx, donn and 20 others like this.
  17. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Your chickens are doing well!!:)

tmd_87 and JohnDF like this.
  18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    The heat definitely effects the amount of eggs they lay. So with some cooler weather I have been getting more eggs! The Hartshead Barlow did a fantastic job of slicing open the feed bags! Then I washed her off and she cut up veggies for my salad!

19. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Fantastic, Vince! Not only did you keep your word, you made a delightful post of it as well.

I'm a fan Julia Child. I don't know whether she carried a pocket knife, but I'd wager she would have appreciated a good sharp lambsfoot.

Looking good!

Now that's a quality quartet of very handsome knives! :thumbsup:

Cambertree, waynorth and Prester John like this.
  20. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Get your chickens an air conditioner!

Fodderwing and tmd_87 like this.