1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    A-Wright-Bois-de-Fer.jpg

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @dc50 - Best wishes for both of you, today, Dave:thumbsup:. Excellent image of your Lamb, etc. in the tin.

@5K Qs - Thanks GT. Your Man Jack looks great with the patina.

Good Morning Guardians.
    8C9AB4BA-9972-4528-B67F-C1FCA7951FF4.jpeg

3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    If you don't mind Greg, I'll join you and carry my Big-Un with Horn today.

[​IMG]

4. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good news! The first tests came back normal :thumbsup::D now it's onto further testing with a Surgeon in October.
    @paulhilborn has been more than helpful sharing his diagnosis and treatment, this has really helped set us at ease.
    Thank you goes out to all, for your encouraging words. :thumbsup::)
    Linda
    97db8fa60ecb0e98eb6f506ec90ef960.jpg

5. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    One of my favorite authors. The knife isn't bad either.

[​IMG]

Jack Black and Crazy Canuck like this.
  6. I'mSoSharp

I'mSoSharp

Mar 8, 2011
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Great news! Hoping for the best. :thumbsup:

8. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY

Feb 20, 2018
    Wonderful news!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
    OG

9. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks GT!

Yes, I used a raw potato. First, I degreased Tater's blade with 91% rubbing alcohol. Then I stuck it in "up to the hilt" and left it overnight. About 8 hours. The next morning, after I cleaned the blade off with Dawn and water (rubbing with a patch of old t-shirt), it wasn't as consistent as I wanted. So I stuck it in again, but this time moved the blade back and forth and up and down a few times to get the tater juices smeared around better. Left it again for about 8 hours, then cleaned and mineral oiled it. I find that this patina makes it a little easier to pinch open too.

10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Great pics!

I hope you find your AC soon!

A man couldn't ask for more. :D
    Btw, until a few days ago, I had no idea that the "Bam Ba Lamb" band what named Ram Jam. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that Man Jack had such a fancy back side. :eek::D

I love me a good patina!
    Tater looks like a fine new addition to your collection.

I get lost in the depths of beauty in this knife.......and it works good too! :)

Jake was telling them tales from his home land. :D

Man Jack is developing a fine patina

Just catching up. I am glad to hear things are going in a positive direction, I hope they continue in that way.

[​IMG]

11. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good day, folks. Took me a bit to catch up (almost 500 posts...). I took a bit of a break from the forums in the past week to focus on work, household projects, and such. It was nice to have a break but it certainly makes getting caught up a bit of a chore.

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement.

I have one in Ebony accompanying me today. Shown with yet another gathering of these delicious little guys. The big ones will be ready soon, turning into quite a harvest of tomatoes.

[​IMG]

12. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Kevin, another cool pic my friend.:thumbsup::cool::D

13. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm glad to hear it wasn't just a case of me not being observant. :)

Thanks, Jack. It's good to be carrying it. :)

Oh, how cool! I should learn to do that. Do the reference points for time have to change as the seasons progress?

Thanks! It's been a while and I realized later that I forgot the "How 'bout you?" bit at the end. :oops: Next time! :)

:D

What a lovely picture of a delightful lambsfoot! I'm guessing that's stag, but I could almost imagine it being jigged bone akin to GEC's cougar clawed stuff...

The more, the merrier in the Horn Brigade! I really like the features that show up in yours.

Good to see you here, Dylan. What a fantastic picture! The color of the tomatoes juxtaposed with the jet black of the ebony on an almost grey-scale board are incredible. :thumbsup:

14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I,m about six weeks away from even planting my "toms".:thumbsup:

Cambertree, Jack Black and Modoc ED like this.
  15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @dc50 - Wonderful news Dave. Funny picture.

@WhittlinAway - Thank you Greg. It is Stag.

dc50 and WhittlinAway like this.
  16. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Good evening, " i think", depends on where you are i suppose.:confused: Just want to wish everyone a good and safe weekend, and hope you all have a great time.:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

17. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Interesting to note: I had to get caught up on both the Totin' thread and this one. It was curious to me that this thread moves just about as quickly, the number of posts needing to be read being about the same as over there.

Thank you, Greg! I am still getting the hang of this new camera. The software is quite a bit different and there are features that are unfamiliar to me but I've been experimenting with them a bit. Seems that a good picture gets produced now and then.

Southern Hemisphere, yes? I often forget that the seasons are opposite down there.

(Another pic from the "shoot")

[​IMG]

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good news indeed! :cool::thumbsup:

19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I try pal ;) :thumbsup:

Me too pal ;) Man Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good stuff Mike ;) :thumbsup:

I'm with you Vince! Darn those stream-crossin' rascals! ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you my dear friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic JP ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

20. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    LOL! When I saw this my first thought was Ghostbusters. I bet Egon would've appreciated a lambsfoot!

Jack Black, cigarrodog and r8shell like this.