Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hmmm. Lovely examples of rosewood, ironwood, ebony, and stag on this page, but no horn yet. Ok. I’ll take one for the team and carry this one to make an ordinary Thursday a little more special. :)

sCc6bCdh.jpg

Recycled photo, but that coffee cup is in my left hand as I tap out this message on my iPad with my right. ;)

If you don't mind Greg, I'll join you and carry my Big-Un with Horn today.

PqkiQ7i.jpg

Good news! The first tests came back normal :thumbsup::D now it's onto further testing with a Surgeon in October.
@paulhilborn has been more than helpful sharing his diagnosis and treatment, this has really helped set us at ease.
Thank you goes out to all, for your encouraging words. :thumbsup::)
Linda
View attachment 1183345
Great news! Hoping for the best. :thumbsup:

Good news! The first tests came back normal :thumbsup::D now it's onto further testing with a Surgeon in October.
@paulhilborn has been more than helpful sharing his diagnosis and treatment, this has really helped set us at ease.
Linda
View attachment 1183345
Wonderful news!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
OG

I like Tater's patina a lot! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Did you just stick him "up to the hilt" into a raw potato? How long did you leave him that way?

- GT

Thanks GT!

Yes, I used a raw potato. First, I degreased Tater's blade with 91% rubbing alcohol. Then I stuck it in "up to the hilt" and left it overnight. About 8 hours. The next morning, after I cleaned the blade off with Dawn and water (rubbing with a patch of old t-shirt), it wasn't as consistent as I wanted. So I stuck it in again, but this time moved the blade back and forth and up and down a few times to get the tater juices smeared around better. Left it again for about 8 hours, then cleaned and mineral oiled it. I find that this patina makes it a little easier to pinch open too.

"A Walk in Nature" #7
Reaching the hole in the cliff wall for a pic was a bit challenging at times. :)
M1hSyJp.jpg

T6OJLMs.jpg

oBCIFrz.jpg

8SvkIMR.jpg

ctSFOXM.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
Great pics!

I can’t find my AC lambsfoot send up some prayers hopefully at work in my desk.....
I hope you find your AC soon!

Bam-Ba-Lamb! ;):cool::thumbsup: Betty is an ebony queen who's willing to help out in the kitchen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
A man couldn't ask for more. :D
Btw, until a few days ago, I had no idea that the "Bam Ba Lamb" band what named Ram Jam. :rolleyes:

Man Jack has some file work on the spring and liners, and stag thickness that's just about perfect for me.
senator-spine-jpg.1182658
I didn't know that Man Jack had such a fancy back side. :eek::D

Good morning, Guardians!

Here's my new little buddy, Tater. I started calling him that as he's sporting a tater patina.

DSC-2941.jpg
I love me a good patina!
Tater looks like a fine new addition to your collection.

Elwood must elevate your spirits, FBC; such a ravishing knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What I really like about the jigging of that model is that it has 2 "levels": a macro level of large jigging forming "finger grooves" perpendicular to the length of the handle, and a micro level of finer, somewhat random jigging running parallel to the handle's length.
I get lost in the depths of beauty in this knife.......and it works good too! :)

FBC, Jake looks right at home with some of his more experienced tool kin! :cool::cool:;)
Jake was telling them tales from his home land. :D

Man Jack is still with me:
senator-patina-wholeknife-jpg.1183261
Man Jack is developing a fine patina

Linda
View attachment 1183345

Just catching up. I am glad to hear things are going in a positive direction, I hope they continue in that way.

48540117146_20c98d8e85_h.jpg

Good day, folks. Took me a bit to catch up (almost 500 posts...). I took a bit of a break from the forums in the past week to focus on work, household projects, and such. It was nice to have a break but it certainly makes getting caught up a bit of a chore.

The ironwood's are beautiful.

Great shot of that Ironwood Dylan, and I love your cup :)

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement.

I have one in Ebony accompanying me today. Shown with yet another gathering of these delicious little guys. The big ones will be ready soon, turning into quite a harvest of tomatoes.

ezu1rT0.jpg

Me neither Greg, though Wright's do a huge number of patterns :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just a case of me not being observant. :)

Great to see that one again Greg :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. It's good to be carrying it. :)

Very nice, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::cool: One of my grandfathers taught me to tell time like that when I was quite young. At that time, Michigan did not switch to DST during the summer, so when the state DID eventually switch a few years later, we had to adjust our procedure.

Oh, how cool! I should learn to do that. Do the reference points for time have to change as the seasons progress?

:D:thumbsup::D Seeing another entry from the originator of the "I carry a lambsfoot" theme is always enjoyable, Greg.

Thanks! It's been a while and I realized later that I forgot the "How 'bout you?" bit at the end. :oops: Next time! :)

You may say Greg's a dreamer,
But he's not the only one. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

What a lovely picture of a delightful lambsfoot! I'm guessing that's stag, but I could almost imagine it being jigged bone akin to GEC's cougar clawed stuff...

If you don't mind Greg, I'll join you and carry my Big-Un with Horn today.

PqkiQ7i.jpg

The more, the merrier in the Horn Brigade! I really like the features that show up in yours.

I have one in Ebony accompanying me today. Shown with yet another gathering of these delicious little guys. The big ones will be ready soon, turning into quite a harvest of tomatoes.

ezu1rT0.jpg

Good to see you here, Dylan. What a fantastic picture! The color of the tomatoes juxtaposed with the jet black of the ebony on an almost grey-scale board are incredible. :thumbsup:

Good day, folks. Took me a bit to catch up (almost 500 posts...). I took a bit of a break from the forums in the past week to focus on work, household projects, and such. It was nice to have a break but it certainly makes getting caught up a bit of a chore.

Thank you, fellas, and my apologies for the late acknowledgement.

ezu1rT0.jpg
I,m about six weeks away from even planting my "toms".:thumbsup:

Interesting to note: I had to get caught up on both the Totin' thread and this one. It was curious to me that this thread moves just about as quickly, the number of posts needing to be read being about the same as over there.

Good to see you here, Dylan. What a fantastic picture! The color of the tomatoes juxtaposed with the jet black of the ebony on an almost grey-scale board are incredible. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Greg! I am still getting the hang of this new camera. The software is quite a bit different and there are features that are unfamiliar to me but I've been experimenting with them a bit. Seems that a good picture gets produced now and then.

I,m about six weeks away from even planting my "toms".:thumbsup:

Southern Hemisphere, yes? I often forget that the seasons are opposite down there.

(Another pic from the "shoot")

fOz1pTw.jpg

Seems like a valid concern, Christian. Thanks for persuasively addressing the concern, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I try pal ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments, Jack. :) I'm glad you've improved your walking capabilities. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man Jack is still with me:
View attachment 1183261

- GT

Me too pal ;) Man Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Great picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

L'il one is starting the first day in the pocket. GT inspired reading :)

TGofCw7.jpg

Good stuff Mike ;) :thumbsup:

That staff should come in handy when you need to cross a stream over a log and some knave is trying to come the other way. Smite his pate!

Thanks, Gary, but Jack's the King of Watery Backgrounds!

I'm with you Vince! Darn those stream-crossin' rascals! ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! It’s always great to be here! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Jack and may I say the same right back at you sir!! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you Gary! :) Your correct a big thanks to Charlie and the great folks at Great Eastern Cutlery! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you my dear friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic JP ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Back