Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Dennis! :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and mitch4ging like this.
  2. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    :D:thumbsup:
    Ol' Toy Caldwell was a Vietnam veteran, wounded and went back at it after being stitched back up!:cool:
    One of the first songs I learned to play on guitar.

3. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

cigarrodog likes this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I understand just how you feel, Dave! I've been mighty relieved when certain company finally left [wife's family--sshhh!]. :)

5. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Moms the word ;):thumbsup:

6. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Dennis!

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  7. natchezz

natchezz

Jan 6, 2006
    Glad you didn’t say she brought her own tp, I would have lost it...:D

8. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Was thinking you meant "teepee", but now I get it! :D

9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice arrangement, OG!!:thumbsup: I like them in that reddish frame too!!:)

Reaper AL, JohnDF, OLd_gUY and 3 others like this.
  10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Half/Stop - Thank you kindly Ron. Your AC Stag Lamb has so much character and such nice color, all brought out so nicely by the wooden back ground.

@mitch4ging - I also say thank you kindly, Dennis. Your Horn Lambsfoot has a very beautiful translucent nature to it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    dc50 and mitch4ging like this.
  11. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Thank you, Harvey!:)

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dennis! :)

I appreciate that Dennis! :) I like worn Jigged Bone! ;) :D

Thank you Harvey! :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week has got off to a good start :) Still hot here, I have a blackberry crumble ready to go in the oven, but the last thing I want to do is put the oven on! :eek: :D Going with my stag Hartshead Barlow again today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's interesting Ed, and good to know. For me it wasn't really worth the extra weight and pocket width :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, that a cool pic of that old beauty :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Vince :) :thumbsup:

Great-looking '19 Kevin :) Thanks pal, I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or two, but I appreciate the cooling pic :D I did have a few beers over the weekend, but in the spirit of the local Carnival, I mainly drank ice-cold rum cocktails :D ;) :thumbsup:

That makes sense Al :thumbsup:

I know the feeling Dave! :eek: :rolleyes: hope you and Linda are enjoying the post-visit peace and quiet :D :thumbsup:

Really enjoying your stunning nature pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the kind words Dennis, the horn on your knife is simply superb my friend :) :thumbsup:

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Dennis.:):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    This Buffalo is extraordinary Dennis, nice picture!;):thumbsup:

17. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: Don't let those birds of prey fly off with your fine horn lambsfoot! :eek::D:cool::cool:

Your handsome AC is outnumbered by those sausages, Jack, but I'm sure he conducted himself more than adequately! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely a unique and desirable ebony example, Jon; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I saw the photos and you mentioned a name, my mind immediately made an involuntary connection, saying, "There's a line in "Blinded By the Light" that knife reminds me of." So I had to Google it and found that the connection was even more interesting than I thought, since there's mention of a couple of knives famous on The Porch for being world travelers:
    And little early-pearly
    Came by in his curly-wurly
    And asked me if I needed a ride.

Of course, "curly-whirly" is what I must have been thinking of with regards to your new knife. :rolleyes::D
    (I also learned that Springsteen actually wrote the song, and, as usually happens when I look for a YouTube music video, I spent over an hour chasing various songs around the Web. :confused::eek:)

John, I hope things settle down to some kind of less hectic routine for you soon! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to have a solid rosewood lambsfoot to help get you through the madness. :cool:;)

Delightful report, Chin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially enjoyed seeing a variety of your lambsfoots with the various culinary samples you tried. You certainly made the cheese and onion pie and the Scottish Bridie look good!

Welcome back, Bill; I'm sure your HHB is glad to see you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic Flock you've amassed in a short time, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're liking that li'l lambsfoot, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the meteorological tour of your state, Vince!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Big place with a lot of diversity!

Cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Two weeks ago, my wife and I spent a few hours at Whitefish Point on the south shore of Lake Superior, and it was nowhere near as tranquil as you experienced. The wind and the waves were so loud it was hard to think! :eek:

Thanks for the encouraging update, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your AC is an Attitude Changer! ;)

Thanks, Harvey. :) And your stag HHB is a Highly Handsome Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FBC, thanks for your relevant replies to my sometimes irrelevant comments! :) I like the paint job on Betty's ride! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the model come with body parts already colored, or did you get to paint it? If the latter, is that just flat black primer?

I like that pic of your HHB on a print of a pic, OG! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
    VJ.pile.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: That stag HHB is a stylish way to come on board!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That little creature has amazing bilateral symmetry! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Greg. :)

Man Jack appreciates the support, and said something about taking his time while leaving, but hurrying back. ;) LamBarJack was also appreciative.

That's a good Monday pic of your AC, Jack, since I often feel a bit wooly on Monday mornings! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Such a beautiful striped ironwood lambsfoot, José! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gotta be a good morning to wake up to that outstanding knife, Matt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Definitely a desirable knife, Greg, but you HAVE to show your knives who is in charge and not let them "run the show"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational jigged bone WCLF, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to hear things are still heading in the right direction with your BIL. :)

That's a dandy display, OG!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: But where's your groovy AC??

Splendid knife and photo, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Glad you survived the visit, Dave! :eek::thumbsup:
    Your rosewood HHB certainly isn't overstaying its welcome, I'll bet! ;):cool::cool:

- GT

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Gary! :) Valley Jack is a beautiful lambsfoot! :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary! :)

I’m setting in ICU with my BIL this morning. I’ve got a couple in my pockets and this Ebony is one of them! :) :thumbsup:

3BE0EBED-FFAE-47B5-A596-C57058D88923.jpeg