Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

View attachment 1185878
Hello fellow Guardians!
We've had company all weekend and after a nap or two today my wife and I are finally back to some normalcy :p
Tomorrow will be a busy day in town, but that's all good.:thumbsup: :D I find entertaining a bit of a pressure test.
Especially when one person doesn't like the bed we provided or the coffee in the morning that we use,so she ground her own as she brought her own beans.
She didn't like our choice of wine either California :eek: so she went to town and purchased her own French wine, on and on it went.
It's a shame when company comes and you can't wait till they leave. ;)

Now the fun news here's a quick photo of my HHB Rosewood:D
View attachment 1185876
I understand just how you feel, Dave! I've been mighty relieved when certain company finally left [wife's family--sshhh!]. :)

View attachment 1185878
snip...

Especially when one person doesn't like the bed we provided or the coffee in the morning that we use,so she ground her own as she brought her own beans.
She didn't like our choice of wine either California :eek: so she went to town and purchased her own French wine, on and on it went.

View attachment 1185876

Glad you didn’t say she brought her own tp, I would have lost it...:D

:D
Quite a while ago, Charlie graciously enclosed some pins with my Ebony Waynorth. I've trying to figure a way to put them in a pic. Hope this works.
41fF5lA.jpg
Nice arrangement, OG!!:thumbsup: I like them in that reddish frame too!!:)

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Thank you kindly Ron. Your AC Stag Lamb has so much character and such nice color, all brought out so nicely by the wooden back ground.

mitch4ging mitch4ging - I also say thank you kindly, Dennis. Your Horn Lambsfoot has a very beautiful translucent nature to it.

Last edited:
Very lovely Lamb, Ron!:cool::thumbsup: great stag covers!
Thanks Dennis! :)

Continued smoke and prayers, Ron! That jigging may be worn smooth shortly!:(
I appreciate that Dennis! :) I like worn Jigged Bone! ;) :D

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Thank you kindly Ron. Your AC Stag Lamb has so much character and such nice color, all brought out so nicely by the wooden back ground.

mitch4ging mitch4ging - I also say thank you kindly, Dennis. Your Horn Lambsfoot has a very beautiful translucency nature to it.
Thank you Harvey! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black said;

OeE0vnt.jpg

Looking good Ed :) How you finding it, do you think the Pen blade is an extra? :thumbsup:

Yes, I think the pen blade is a plus. It comes in handy for detail work even such a mundane thing like removing a splinter, catching a piece of thread in order to pull it out if snagged, etc..

That's interesting Ed, and good to know. For me it wasn't really worth the extra weight and pocket width :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Stay as cool as you can.

Good Morning Jack.
View attachment 1185668

Thank you Harvey, that a cool pic of that old beauty :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic!

Thank you Vince :) :thumbsup:

Good ol' iron wood
48621444487_c8ddd59804_h.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black I hope that heat passes soon! I hear ale is good on hot days....and cold days too. :D
Here's a nice cool pic for ya.
5731200793_e0cccaf00d_o.jpg

Taken in Pipi Valley here in California.

Great-looking '19 Kevin :) Thanks pal, I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or two, but I appreciate the cooling pic :D I did have a few beers over the weekend, but in the spirit of the local Carnival, I mainly drank ice-cold rum cocktails :D ;) :thumbsup:

Jack no more hand cranking moved up to an electric meat grinder. But I still stuff the casing with a manual stuffer

That makes sense Al :thumbsup:

View attachment 1185878
Hello fellow Guardians!
We've had company all weekend and after a nap or two today my wife and I are finally back to some normalcy :p
Tomorrow will be a busy day in town, but that's all good.:thumbsup: :D I find entertaining a bit of a pressure test.

View attachment 1185876

I know the feeling Dave! :eek: :rolleyes: hope you and Linda are enjoying the post-visit peace and quiet :D :thumbsup:

"A Walk in Nature" #14
Cavendish Trails, Prince Edward Island
fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Really enjoying your stunning nature pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations! That certainly is a dandy!:thumbsup:

Thank you, Sir Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Man I love the covers on that one, very prodigious!:eek::thumbsup:

Well, YES!:D:thumbsup: Looks great!

Arrggg :)rolleyes::oops:), don't blame you, Cpt. Jack! But it looks you got it under control!

Great pattern on your covers, Jon!;):thumbsup:

:eek:
Good grief! You iz a busy fella, John! Hope you're letting those big, stout, YOUNG guys do the heavy lifting!:confused::D:thumbsup:

Ready the Rosewood! Looks good, John!:):thumbsup:

Great journey and great photos of your Lambs, Chin! Thanks for sharing your adventures!:cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Bill! Your HHB looks up to the task!:cool::thumbsup:

:eek:
Man, great looking herd going on, Ed!:thumbsup:

They are such a treat to carry!:)

See you after your break, Man Jack!:D It certainly is a good looking knife, Gary!

I love the very early version that's in black and white video. Toy Caldwell singing. I enjoy watching his playing style.

Wonderful photos, and a very relaxing scene!:):thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:
Your HHB looks good, Vince!

Beautiful photo, looks like a great day!:thumbsup:

Very lovely Lamb, Ron!:cool::thumbsup: great stag covers!

Thank you very much, Harvey! :)

A wonderful photo, Harvey! Love the colorful backdrop.:cool::thumbsup:

Good eye, Kevin, a short and a long pair.:thumbsup:

:D
Perfect pair!:cool::thumbsup:

A great looking HHB! Welcome!;):thumbsup:

What could be better than a Lamb in the grass! Nice shot, José!:cool::thumbsup:

Great shot of your Sunday WCLF!:cool::thumbsup:

Looking good!;):thumbsup:

A hopping great photo, Dan!:D:thumbsup:

Great herding instincts by your AC, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Looks like it's levitating!:eek::p Cool shot, José!

Quite elegant, John! Nice photo!:):thumbsup:

Great shot, Matt! Looks like your WCLF is getting some good use!:cool::thumbsup:

They certainly are hard to leave behind! Great artwork background!:D:thumbsup:

Continued smoke and prayers, Ron! That jigging may be worn smooth shortly!:(

Yes it does! Wonderful group shot, OG!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic Foto, Harvey! Love the pen(?) as well.:cool::thumbsup:

Great idea!;):thumbsup:

Another great photo, Kevin!:):thumbsup:

Very refreshing! ....soon!:thumbsup:

Very cheerful photo, Dave!! Glad to see your post my friend!;):thumbsup:

View attachment 1185935

Thanks for all the kind words Dennis, the horn on your knife is simply superb my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hello all! Happy to have found this thread, even if it was nearly 1500 pages in already. Hah. Anyway I guess it’s a testament to the popularity of such an awesome style of knife! I just received a new A. Wright today in the mail and figured I’d post it as a formal request to join the club!
Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: Don't let those birds of prey fly off with your fine horn lambsfoot! :eek::D:cool::cool:

I don't blame you Al, I couldn't resist that either, it looks delicious :) I have just been out picking blackberries in my garden, been a great crop this year, think I got about another 3lb, and there's plenty more :) It's pretty hot outside for here. I decided I better retire indoors for my Sunday Sausage Sandwich ;) :D :thumbsup:

iRZoHDY.jpg
Your handsome AC is outnumbered by those sausages, Jack, but I'm sure he conducted himself more than adequately! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, Up and at’em! Check the ebony scales out on this lambfoot. I haven’t came up with a name for it yet, but this one is quite unique. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I will be taking it easy and resting up for the work week. ;)

View attachment 1184865 View attachment 1184864
Definitely a unique and desirable ebony example, Jon; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I saw the photos and you mentioned a name, my mind immediately made an involuntary connection, saying, "There's a line in "Blinded By the Light" that knife reminds me of." So I had to Google it and found that the connection was even more interesting than I thought, since there's mention of a couple of knives famous on The Porch for being world travelers:
And little early-pearly
Came by in his curly-wurly
And asked me if I needed a ride.

Of course, "curly-whirly" is what I must have been thinking of with regards to your new knife. :rolleyes::D
(I also learned that Springsteen actually wrote the song, and, as usually happens when I look for a YouTube music video, I spent over an hour chasing various songs around the Web. :confused::eek:)

Good Morning Guardians
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do any proper multi-quoting.
But believe I will still be here every day checking out the fine Lambsfoot pictures and participating whenever I can find time.

Going to carry my Rosewood today...
John, I hope things settle down to some kind of less hectic routine for you soon! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to have a solid rosewood lambsfoot to help get you through the madness. :cool:;)

My desert ironwood Guardians 2019 edition was there to help put together an afternoon lunch out on the trail:

View attachment 1184645 View attachment 1184644 View attachment 1184643
Alright, this is the last report in an occasional series of investigations into traditional pies and pasties, inspired by David @donn, Jack, and GT 5K Qs 5K Qs .
So, with my ol’ ebony Lambsfoot in pocket, I headed out to try some of the wares of the famous ‘Victorian Sausage King’!
I acquired some Cornish Pasties, some genuine vegetable pasties (no shortening in the crust), and some Manchester Cheese ‘n’ Onion pies, and a couple of Scottish ‘Bridies’.
5p6q4iI.jpg

Why have I never heard of either of those two dishes before?
Mmmm, so good!
Delightful report, Chin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially enjoyed seeing a variety of your lambsfoots with the various culinary samples you tried. You certainly made the cheese and onion pie and the Scottish Bridie look good!

OK, the trip to Ireland and Scotland is over; time to get my trusty HHB back to work out into the garden.
View attachment 1184917
Welcome back, Bill; I'm sure your HHB is glad to see you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Big-un with Buffalo Horn Covers and a Big-un with Rosewood Covers flank:

Small Buffalo Horn, Standard Buffalo Horn, Hartshead Stag, 2-Blade Rosewood; Standard Ebony

9FlPCN9.jpg
Fantastic Flock you've amassed in a short time, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Morning Guardians. I'm finding myself very much taken with the L'il one! It's a great size, and rides very well in the pocket. Parents are in town for a visit today, so we're getting ready to meet up for Dim Sum for breakfast :)

j4U3qPa.jpg
Glad to hear you're liking that li'l lambsfoot, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

It depends, Gary. Texas is a BIG state (I still consider it the biggest 'cause Alaska is practically uninhabited ;) ), and it takes all day to drive from one end to the other, south to north or east to west. ...
Thanks for the meteorological tour of your state, Vince!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Big place with a lot of diversity!

Knife content...
A picture from a father and son (and a couple of knives of course) road trip up to the North Shore of Lake Superior a few weeks back.

View attachment 1184968
Cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Two weeks ago, my wife and I spent a few hours at Whitefish Point on the south shore of Lake Superior, and it was nowhere near as tranquil as you experienced. The wind and the waves were so loud it was hard to think! :eek:

I’m still not 100% but improving steadily. Pam’s brother is also making some improvements. The doctor told her this morning if he continues as is he will probably be in ICU a couple of more days. Hopefully things can continue on the upswing! :thumbsup:

I’m probably not leaving the house today but I’ve got my AC in my pocket to keep me company! Thanks to all you Guardians for the thoughts and prayers! They are felt and appreciated! :thumbsup: :)

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg
Thanks for the encouraging update, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your AC is an Attitude Changer! ;)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Love your LamBar Jack.
CC2E8D8C-C29C-4C4B-A81B-5068BF35D212_zpsrvkvuzto.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey. :) And your stag HHB is a Highly Handsome Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fare ye well, Man Jack.

I am pretty sure that they did call them Cabriolets. I never got into convertibles very much, too easy to break into and too much of a pain to deal with.

I'm not totally sure that I would want to survive a roller disco apocalypse! :eek:;):D
Betty with the rat rod Ghia model kit that I built many many years ago.
If Betty were a car, I think she would be a Rat Rod.
48602749956_f1410a58ce_h.jpg
FBC, thanks for your relevant replies to my sometimes irrelevant comments! :) I like the paint job on Betty's ride! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the model come with body parts already colored, or did you get to paint it? If the latter, is that just flat black primer?

Another Ansel Adams - this is of Canyon de Chelly Nat'l Monument, AZ taken in 1942
OG
CpXLcJu.jpg
I like that pic of your HHB on a print of a pic, OG! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
VJ.pile.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

I guess I'm now a member.:D
IMG_20190825_142239.jpg
Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: That stag HHB is a stylish way to come on board!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

"A Walk in Nature" #13
"
ribbit,ribbit" ... "baa,baa" ... "ribbit, ribbit" ... "baa,baa" :D
LYAv3pc.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
That little creature has amazing bilateral symmetry! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I sure did! Thanks, GT. And, you're right. It does look right at home in the outdoors, now that you mention it. I guess that's no surprise given its creator. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you made an exception. Great to see it again!
Thanks, Greg. :)

Farewell dear friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Gary :) Great to see LamBarJack :thumbsup:
Man Jack appreciates the support, and said something about taking his time while leaving, but hurrying back. ;) LamBarJack was also appreciative.

Carrying my AC again :thumbsup:

0JWcGCh.jpg
That's a good Monday pic of your AC, Jack, since I often feel a bit wooly on Monday mornings! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning and good week Guardians.:):thumbsup:

Such a beautiful striped ironwood lambsfoot, José! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
Oh0EcLA.jpg
Gotta be a good morning to wake up to that outstanding knife, Matt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I don't know about y'all, but every time my Hartshead Barlow finds its way into my pocket, it holds that spot for several days. Today's day three.

9Y5rXEYh.jpg
Definitely a desirable knife, Greg, but you HAVE to show your knives who is in charge and not let them "run the show"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m hanging in there! :thumbsup: My brother in law is still in ICU, but slowly making improvements. So it’s day to day for now! :) My Waynorth Jigged Bone Lambsfoot is serving as a comforting worry stone today! :thumbsup:

48332462997_dd89a4b0bb_b_d.jpg
Sensational jigged bone WCLF, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to hear things are still heading in the right direction with your BIL. :)

Quite a while ago, Charlie graciously enclosed some pins with my Ebony Waynorth. I've trying to figure a way to put them in a pic. Hope this works.
41fF5lA.jpg
That's a dandy display, OG!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: But where's your groovy AC??

Splendid knife and photo, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1185876
Glad you survived the visit, Dave! :eek::thumbsup:
Your rosewood HHB certainly isn't overstaying its welcome, I'll bet! ;):cool::cool:

- GT

Thanks for the encouraging update, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your AC is an Attitude Changer! ;)

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
vj-pile-vopen-knot-jpg.1186052
Thank you Gary! :) Valley Jack is a beautiful lambsfoot! :thumbsup:

Sensational jigged bone WCLF, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to hear things are still heading in the right direction with your BIL. :)
Thanks Gary! :)

I’m setting in ICU with my BIL this morning. I’ve got a couple in my pockets and this Ebony is one of them! :) :thumbsup:

3BE0EBED-FFAE-47B5-A596-C57058D88923.jpeg

Back