Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: Don't let those birds of prey fly off with your fine horn lambsfoot! :eek::D:cool::cool:

Your handsome AC is outnumbered by those sausages, Jack, but I'm sure he conducted himself more than adequately! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely a unique and desirable ebony example, Jon; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I saw the photos and you mentioned a name, my mind immediately made an involuntary connection, saying, "There's a line in "Blinded By the Light" that knife reminds me of." So I had to Google it and found that the connection was even more interesting than I thought, since there's mention of a couple of knives famous on The Porch for being world travelers:
And little early-pearly
Came by in his curly-wurly
And asked me if I needed a ride.

Of course, "curly-whirly" is what I must have been thinking of with regards to your new knife. :rolleyes::D
(I also learned that Springsteen actually wrote the song, and, as usually happens when I look for a YouTube music video, I spent over an hour chasing various songs around the Web. :confused::eek:)

John, I hope things settle down to some kind of less hectic routine for you soon! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to have a solid rosewood lambsfoot to help get you through the madness. :cool:;)

Delightful report, Chin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially enjoyed seeing a variety of your lambsfoots with the various culinary samples you tried. You certainly made the cheese and onion pie and the Scottish Bridie look good!

Welcome back, Bill; I'm sure your HHB is glad to see you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic Flock you've amassed in a short time, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're liking that li'l lambsfoot, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the meteorological tour of your state, Vince!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Big place with a lot of diversity!

Cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Two weeks ago, my wife and I spent a few hours at Whitefish Point on the south shore of Lake Superior, and it was nowhere near as tranquil as you experienced. The wind and the waves were so loud it was hard to think! :eek:

Thanks for the encouraging update, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your AC is an Attitude Changer! ;)

Thanks, Harvey. :) And your stag HHB is a Highly Handsome Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FBC, thanks for your relevant replies to my sometimes irrelevant comments! :) I like the paint job on Betty's ride! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the model come with body parts already colored, or did you get to paint it? If the latter, is that just flat black primer?

I like that pic of your HHB on a print of a pic, OG! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
View attachment 1186052

- GT
Beautiful grain on that Lambfoot GT!

I guess Curly Wurly is a good of name as any!

Guardians, I present to you Sir Curly Wurly of Norh Florida. ( CW for short) :D
8BC978F3-3994-4795-AC04-B39988D2DCA4.jpeg

Hope you're letting those big, stout, YOUNG guys do the heavy lifting!:confused::D:thumbsup:
You better believe they helped. But this old guy still likes to show them who's "still got it" ;)

Ready the Rosewood! Looks good, John!:):thumbsup:
Rosewood at the ready, Sir. :cool:

Quite elegant, John! Nice photo!:):thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis.
You, GT, and Jack are the Kings of the Multi-Quote. :cool::thumbsup:
And I love the reflective picture of your Lambsfoot. Hope all is well on your end, my friend.

John, I hope things settle down to some kind of less hectic routine for you soon! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to have a solid rosewood lambsfoot to help get you through the madness. :cool:;)
Thanks, GT. :)
I'm afraid it's just going to get more busy over the next few weeks.
We have to pack EVERYTHING and move out while our remodeling is being done.
I still remember the pictures of your beautiful remodeled home. Hopefully ours will turn out as well.

Just throwing this out there...
Thursday, September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
I propose that on that day we all post in pirate talk and use pirate themed pictures.
My boys and I celebrate it every year. I even teach my classes with a little bit of pirate talk thrown in.

Good morning Guardians !
Trying to wake up here drinking some yerba mate, the sun of a new day coming trough the window.
We arrived yesterday afternoon back home in eastern Ontario.
The odometer for the trip read 3205 kilometers.
I have a few more pics in my phone of my walks in beautiful PEI to share.
I wish we could move there ! Beautiful scenery and the people so very friendly and helpful !
QBUH8xb.jpg

I propose that on that day we all post in pirate talk and use pirate themed pictures.
My boys and I celebrate it every year. I even teach my classes with a little bit of pirate talk thrown in.
You gotta be kidding! Is there really such a thing? Might be up for it, though....don't want to walk the plank!

Your handsome AC is outnumbered by those sausages, Jack, but I'm sure he conducted himself more than adequately! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely a unique and desirable ebony example, Jon; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I saw the photos and you mentioned a name, my mind immediately made an involuntary connection, saying, "There's a line in "Blinded By the Light" that knife reminds me of." So I had to Google it and found that the connection was even more interesting than I thought, since there's mention of a couple of knives famous on The Porch for being world travelers:
And little early-pearly
Came by in his curly-wurly
And asked me if I needed a ride.

Of course, "curly-whirly" is what I must have been thinking of with regards to your new knife. :rolleyes::D
(I also learned that Springsteen actually wrote the song, and, as usually happens when I look for a YouTube music video, I spent over an hour chasing various songs around the Web. :confused::eek:)

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
View attachment 1186052

- GT

Thanks Gary, nice pile-side pic of your Ironwood '19 :)

He isn't singing:

And little early-pearly
Came by eating a Curly Wurly

???!!! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

80642.png

Man Jack appreciates the support, and said something about taking his time while leaving, but hurrying back. ;) LamBarJack was also appreciative.

Nice to hear my friend :) :thumbsup:

I’m setting in ICU with my BIL this morning. I’ve got a couple in my pockets and this Ebony is one of them! :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1186053

Hope there's good news today Ron :thumbsup:

Beautiful grain on that Lambfoot GT!

I guess Curly Wurly is a good of name as any!

Guardians, I present to you Sir Curly Wurly of Norh Florida. ( CW for short) :D
View attachment 1186059

Definitely a special knife Jon :) :thumbsup:

Good Tuesday Morning Guardians

Fine shot of that ebony beauty John :thumbsup:

I certainly have no problem with it if folks like the idea :D I usually forget which day it is! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !
Trying to wake up here drinking some yerba mate, the sun of a new day coming trough the window.
We arrived yesterday afternoon back home in eastern Ontario.
The odometer for the trip read 3205 kilometers.
I have a few more pics in my phone of my walks in beautiful PEI to share.
I wish we could move there ! Beautiful scenery and the people so very friendly and helpful !
QBUH8xb.jpg

It has been a fantastic series Dan :) :thumbsup:

You gotta be kidding! Is there really such a thing? Might be up for it, though....don't want to walk the plank!

I think I first heard about it around 2000! :D :thumbsup:

I'd be headed to a nice cool pub, Jack!
QykUThj.jpg

Sound advice Gary, great to see you here my friend :) :thumbsup:

Arrr Matey... It be real. ;)
Maybe we can get Dave to do another Potato Head Diorama.

:D :thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot...
IN7VZRS.jpg

...because it makes me feel "safe at home".

How 'bout you?

:) :thumbsup:

I had a blueberry croissant with my mid-morning coffee (in a cafe with heavily cranked-up[ AC! :D) :thumbsup:

2IYKKJb.jpg

I won't carry it all the time but it will be nice to use for a change sometimes.

Always nice to have options Ed :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. It may be hot where you are, but that HHB is cool. Tasty looking Blueberry Croissant.

@5K Qs - Thanks GT. Nice to see your Valley Jack.

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Hoping today is a better one.

Good Morning Guardians.

So the barrage of VW Bugs and Microbus images finally got to me. I blame mostly @flatblackcapo:)
2B5C1FC7-094A-4781-8B3F-8FC434A225B7_zpsjc03ydmz.jpeg

Thank you my friend, that's a cool image too :cool: You're either on the bus or off the bus ;) :D :thumbsup:

lx9a1hr.jpg

Back