Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Love me some York Peppermint Patties
It was fun posting my Lamb with some Candy that had York written all over it. ;)

Thanks for posting "some" of your trophies, John!
Thank you, Dennis. It was nice to catch up with you a bit yesterday. :):thumbsup:

I have to show you all the dirt I ate while bull riding and bareback!:p:thumbsup:
That would be fun to see. Even the best rough stock riders eat a lot of dirt. :D

aUc8OlH.jpg
Very cool telescope and a lovely picture too. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm glad everything is good at Grumble Towers. Great shadow and light picture of your Hartshead! :cool::thumbsup:

Great pic John, it sounds as if you've led an interesting life my friend :) :thumbsup:
I used to... Lol :D:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting those John. There really good looking and that's a great story about your mate winning his buckle. :thumbsup: You have some skill working leather as well don't you. :):thumbsup:
It's great a competition gives out awards that are so useful and visible and not just some trophy that would sit on a mantlepiece. :thumbsup:

Those buckles are worth their weight in gold for young, single men. There is a phenomenon called the Buckle Bunny.

Supplementing my stag #73 with my Wright's today.

31989185127_b379da7561_b.jpg

I'm glad everything is good at Grumble Towers. Great shadow and light picture of your Hartshead! :cool::thumbsup:

I used to... Lol :D:thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know that feeling well! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

How’s it, Guardians? Toting my AC again today. Hope you all have a great weekend!

View attachment 1271076

You too Joshua, your AC looks great :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Skoll is looking fantastic, as always :) :thumbsup:

Nice edge Christian :thumbsup:

I had a (slightly odd) pizza and pint in a local brew-pub for lunch :) Got chatting to the brewer, turns out that he was not only from Sheffield, but lives on the same street as I once did :thumbsup:

XSIpJhz.jpg

cNOtr5W.jpg

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know that feeling well! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

You too Joshua, your AC looks great :) :thumbsup:

Skoll is looking fantastic, as always :) :thumbsup:

Nice edge Christian :thumbsup:

I had a (slightly odd) pizza and pint in a local brew-pub for lunch :) Got chatting to the brewer, turns out that he was not only from Sheffield, but lives on the same street as I once did :thumbsup:

XSIpJhz.jpg

cNOtr5W.jpg
Thank you, Jack!

Is that corn???
I don't believe I've ever seen corn on a pizza. :eek:

I had the same thought. I love corn, but I'm not sure about having it on a pizza.

What say you, Jack? How does the corn add to the experience?

I seem to be an Accidental Archivist of the Guardians, taking us all back to posts from a week ago! :rolleyes: I think in this post I'll mainly celebrate the variety of lambsfoot models we have, usually quoting the first post in which a given model showed up in the past week or so.

African rosewood: wet and wild, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Good Morning Guardians
Happy Weekend to you all
I hope Jack is feeling better today

2019 Guardians desert ironwood: remarkable grain on yours, José (and thanks for the kind words :))! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice knife good pictures, Gary.;):thumbsup:

Stag Hartshead Barlow SFO: Jack, your personal HHB has stag that always looks SO appealing in outdoor shots!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Another fine shot of a stag HHB which I'm including simply because Dennis made me smile with his replication of Jack's blueberry scone photos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D (It also made me go to the bakery behind our house to buy a bag of discounted blueberry scones so I can try my hand at a similar photo this weekend, but with a rosewood HHB. ;))
I also wanted to thanks Dennis for his comments on a post of mine :), and encourage him to live proudly, even though he's a victim of shameful and inexcusable nameism!! :(
Thanks, Gary!

Ok, boy, I missed that one bigtime! I use to have a metate I found out in the hills in NM, I'll have to see if my folks still have it back home.

Looks like a culpable couple!!:D:thumbsup:
I think the Dennis' of this world get a bad wrap! :p:thumbsup:

Wifey made some blueberry scones, since I've been bugging her for some since SOMBODY keeps posting photos of them and his HHB!:eek::D
Have a great Saturday, All!
UURRVIS.jpg

Desert Ironwood again, but I consider Sköll to be DI of a different species! :cool::cool:;)
Sköll seems to be somewhat similar to me in that he seems to lose vibrancy, color, and even some of his soul when faced with a lengthy to-do list, especially if it's a list of tasks not of his own choosing! :(:eek::rolleyes: I barely recognized Sköll in the photo!
It sure beats my "To-Do" list I've been working on. ;)

Apparently I can't spell late at night... :D

Ebony Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot: Life is always a crapshoot, but with that ebony WCLF in your pocket, odds are in your favor!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
It's game day!

Rosewood (?): David, I'm not sure if I correctly identified the wood on this knife, but I'm sure it's different from any of the previous ones in my post, and I'm always impressed with your open-country vistas! :thumbsup::cool::cool: (Bonus marks for meat pies! ;))
Today.

dT8gGdc.jpg

Buffalo Horn: Lambsfoot life isn't always strolls through the countryside, as ED's distressed horn model shows. :eek: But ED's heroic efforts as a Guardian has given the damaged knife new life and renewed hope! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
A Standard Lambfoot that ran afoul of a pair of Channel Locks, a fan belt, and a hay mowing machine.:eek:

Pretty rough.
NpqGp9l.jpg

The knife is still a user. Solid and ready to go.

White Smooth Bone 2-blade Alfred Blackwell: Jack lends support to the point ED made. A lambsfoot can be knocked down on occasion, but seldom knocked out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
This old Alfred Blackwell looked like it had been run over when I picked it up :eek: I still enjoy carrying it from time to time :thumbsup:

actoSH0.jpg

Ashley's Choice Stag Lambsfoot SFO: Dylan's knife is in a sense not representative of most of the ACs because of the unique flame tint his has! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

G2okeHE.jpg

Jigged Bone WCLF: This GEC 2019 Lambsfoot model often leaves me speechless! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pere David Stag: Intriguing knife, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Rosewood 2-blade: I always enjoy seeing your relatively-rare lambsfoot/pen model, ED! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
It's a two blade today.

1gF7Rvx.jpg

Stan Shaw stainless steel lambsfoot: a real treasure, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Ebony Big'un (?): forgive me, Harvey, if I've "made a mountain out of a molehill". :rolleyes: I know there are large ebony lambsfoots lurking around here, and I thought yours might possibly be one of them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1268439

Standard Ebony: Dan's jet-black ebony has accompanied him on numerous outdoor adventures that he's generously shared with us via photos! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The Lambsfoot points the way :)...
kB7xJQ7.jpg

Damascus Sambar Stag Lambsfoot (aka DamSamLamb): Peerless pic of prized DamSamLamb posing with pipe in Pàdruig's peaceful personal Paradise! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Something fine for me today.

xILg1pY.jpg

Named Knives: FBC's Black Betty (?) as part of the Industrial Revolution! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Now you've got me worried! :eek: :D There's a shop in one of the city centre arcades here, which sells stuffed toys, teddy bears, muppets, etc. It's a small shop, and there are absolutely thousands of them hanging on the walls. There's very little room to get inside, but somewhere in the middle of them all sits the proprietor, you can barely distinguish her from the muppets :D I was once passing, and they had a basket full of cut-price Captain Haddocks, so I bought a few of them for my granddaughter, goddaughter, etc. I asked the woman if she ever found it strange, being sat there surrounded by so many stuffed toys, and she seemed to think it was a very odd question :rolleyes: A few doors down, there's a similar shop which sells baby dolls, some of which are very life-like and expensive, and it's crammed in the same way. Now THAT is creepy! :eek:

Great pics GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for praising my photography, Jack. :)
I wouldn't enter alone the shops you described! :eek::rolleyes:

That's a nice combo shot of those two lambsfoot you have there :thumbsup:
It was a pleasure to see Union Jack. Can't wait to see what's next. :cool::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot Jiu Jitsu? ;)
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. The B & C wasn’t nearby, but I found one online with the very same stamp.
View attachment 1268432

Your image of two Lambs locked in mortal combat:D is excellent.
Thanks for the kind words, David & John & Harvey. :) The photo of my Union Jack and my Lam Jack together in the laundry room window must be similar to a Rorschach blot; it's interesting what various people see in the photo. :D
Harvey, thanks for the close-up of the Brookes & Crookes tang stamp. :) Do they all have the "flawed" stamping of some of the letters in "SHEFFIELD"?

Good Morning Guardians
My wife and I were reminiscing about our Rodeo Days...
Very cool memento/award, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I found the episode :D ... it's hilarious :thumbsup:
Glad you liked it, Dan. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: The Bob Newhart Show is one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

Yes it is.
Thanks for the rosewood confirmation. :)

....View attachment 1268863
Toting the lambsfoot again today, treating the scales to a linseed oil bath...
How does the linseed oil compare to tung oil as a finish for wood handles?

- GT

How does the linseed oil compare to tung oil as a finish for wood handles?
I couldn't honestly tell you. I've never used tung oil. I think the linseed oil works pretty well. I use that and some beeswax on occasion.

Don't forget corn tortillas, which are also used to make tacos and enchiladas. And corn masa is a main ingredient in tamales.

How could I forget!? There's nothing quite like a warm corn taco, where the corn taco is hot and soft--not like the store bought "shell" atrocities. I do like a good tostada, but that's a chip in my book, not a taco.

Back