Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

TGIF!
49564955881_e0ed8f416f_h.jpg

We plan to go see The Call of the Wild at the movies, a favorite book of my childhood.
Also, lunch at our favorite BBQ restaurant with the World's Best Root beer and the biggest brisket sandwiches around.

Thank you kindly, Jack. :)

That's going to be great John :) One of my favourites too. I bought my pal's little lad a collection of Jack London stories for his birthday last year. I saw the trailer for the movie when I was at the cinema last weekend :thumbsup:

I'm a little upset that they went with cheesy animated dog expressions, but it should still be good. :cool::thumbsup:

I was thinking of offering to take my mate's lad, but I'm going to check whether or not he's read Call of the Wild first :rolleyes: Much as I like film, the movie industry have ruined plenty of good books over the years, and are certainly not averse to changing historical fact, let alone a classic novel o_O Please let me know how you find it John :thumbsup:

The saga of my lambfoot knife from Sheffield continues. I won't bore you all with a re-cap but this knife is going in for some surgery. Hopefully Jeff Distin will be able to fix this thing to my liking. We need to fix the spring gaps and re-profile the blade. I wouldn't even consider it if it weren't for the fact that I was given a refund on the knife without having to return it. I returned it once, paid for shipping, and it was never picked up by the cutler so it got returned back to me. Long story short I think that the knife has potential and so I will take a swing at saving it.
View attachment 1287885

Good luck with your attempt at saving it! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Mr. May must have picked up my return from the post, as it hasn't found it's way back to me yet. :) I too got a quick refund.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Good looking sandwich. Best wishes on the Dr’s visit.

Good afternoon Guardians.

Pork fried rice...It’s what’s for dinner.
8F393FE2-FBF9-41D8-9445-73A4ED55DFC6_zpsjjujg1dq.jpeg

Pocket Pals - Crookes and Brookes Lamb Foot and Seecamp .32acp.
014F224C-3FE4-4A7D-8506-E649640379E9_zpsirtd4ngs.jpeg

Thanks Harvey, I wish I'd taken a pic of the sandwich I actually had today! :D Dinner looks great, and well photographed as always, the same for your Brookes & Crookes Lambsfoot and sidearm :) I used to shoot 3 or 4 times a week at one time, sometimes even more. Now I'm down to a slingshot :( Still having fun though :thumbsup:

F6o0VwE.jpg

One of my favorite spaghetti westerns. Clint Eastwood is the epitome of macho. Also enjoyed Lee van Cleef and Eli Wallach.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

A classic :cool: Having just finished watching Two Mules For Sister Sara, which I don't think I've seen for a very long time, I was just thinking about watching The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, but I think I've left it a little late for tonight. I have probably seen all the spaghetti westerns scores of times, but I still enjoy watching them :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly Jack. That Stag slingshot is off the charts cool.

Thanks Harvey, the stag was cut by a local knifemaker. I've been a bit surprised at how accurate it is :) :thumbsup:

As John Facenda would say....the frozen Tundra....I'm shivering just thinking about it:eek:. But a beautiful set of photos none the less:D:D

Really enjoy looking at your fine wintry images, Dan

Great photos, Dan! The river looks pretty wide there! Seems like you had about the same weather as we did today (well, yesterday now): sunny and cold.

Thanks Dan, your photos are a tonic my friend :) I didn't realise they had ice-fishing huts, but that makes a lot of sense :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians !:)
I am having a much better winter this year as compared to the last one. Staying more active and going out more it sure has helped a lot. Now the days are getting longer and we can almost smell spring ... almost :).

All this area was flooded abut 60 years years ago during the construction of the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Many villages were totally submerged and people ( with their houses, churches and even cemeteries ) were moved into instant new villages on higher ground.
I took the pics of my lambsfoot with the fishing huts in the area circled in red
The blue circles show the location of the dams to control water levels and generate electricity.
The yellow circles are the locks that enable the big ships to navigate through.
6D7N0nb.jpg

I took my lambsfoot and my kids skating today :D Forecast is for temps a little above 0 for the next few days so not sure when skating will be open again.

XWcolrr.jpg

wE4dn0r.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Barrett, though your first image is very funny :D Very interesting to see the difference in those swedges :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I took that photo a couple years ago, because I thought the difference in the swedges was interesting. The knife on the left is one of the horn-clad Guardians knives (can’t remember which? :confused:). I like the swedge on that one; it’s almost like a double edge! :eek: :D

I had a nice day today. The weather was excellent. Eleanor and I met up with @herder for lunch, then ran some errands this afternoon. On the way home, I stopped and took a photo of a few fish houses (and cars and trucks) out on Lake Minnetonka. You know, just a few… o_O :D

CoRgZ3T.jpg

Also snapped this pic of my Desert Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot taking in the last bit of sun for the day. :cool:

FJ7Q02g.jpg

"Cool" pic Barret , ... nice :thumbsup::)
Here we make do with dilapidated ice "huts" ....but you guys have fish HOUSES :D

Thanks, Dan! I’ve seen plenty of the other kind, too, and to be honest, before we moved here, that’s the sort of thing I was expecting to see… like an old garden shed on runners. :D I was surprised when I saw the ones that look like an RV parked out on the lake! :eek:

Last edited:
Back