Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

:thumbsup:

DRDhxMm.jpg
John Malkovich as a bad guy? Who'd have thought? I remember the ads for that one. The genre was called geriaction. I should see that one.
I liked Malkovich's Mr Ripley. "There aren't going to be any consequences, because nobody's watching, and nobody cares". I should see that one again.
And Shadow of the Vampyre(?), where Malkovich plays the producer of Nosferatu, and Willem Dafoe plays the lead, who is a real vampire, working in exchange for a bite of the lead actress. I should see that again too.
I might have to give that film a second go Jer ;) :D :thumbsup:
It is long.
You still see 'em Jer :thumbsup:
Last time I looked, the Fire-jumpers were the only boot with montagnabloc, and they weren't very budget-friendly. Maybe I'll get some extra wide 14s yet.

... and now I remember why! The blade is so crooked and inconsistently ground I can't get a decent edge along the full length of the blade. A great scoring point is what I've always settled on! Ok, back to Jelly!

My knowledge of sharpening is limited but I was wondering if a rod sharpening system like the sharpmaker would work/solve the problem for "crooked knives". Starting with their diamond rods to reprofile the bevel.

I'd forgotten about Linus! :eek: Hope he's OK, Mark too, of course :) That's a great pic of your Guardians '19 Dylan. Hope you have a relaxing weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! I hope your weekend has been well so far.

I'm glad you got to get outside. Beautiful picture as usual. :cool::thumbsup:

Here's a better picture of my old dog, named Jack, Jack. :D

Thank you, John. Jack looks like an awesome hound.

Jack, I know exactly the feeling you were experiencing my friend. It’s the same one I experienced today when we started making our lunch sandwiches! “What!” :eek: “No Dukes!” :eek: I immediately went to the storage closet and low and behold there was a brand new quart jar of Dukes! :D All is now well in the land of “Shelter In Place!” :rolleyes: :D

View attachment 1315399

I liked your post because of the terrific knife, not the mayo.... :D

If any of you fellers like rum, I recommend this 'un :) :thumbsup:

SOmxOCE.jpg

Great picture, Jack. I must confess that I am not a big fan of rum, mostly because it tends to give me to worst acid reflux. I've had a couple that have been decent but I still have to limit myself. I don't seem to have the same issue with whisky...

These little cigars are great to get in a smoke between rain showers. Irish cigarillos, paired with an Irish style American whiskey and a fine Sheffield made pocket knife - I've certainly had worse evenings :D.

xUtQR8L.jpg

Was there a national chain of walnut bowl factory stores? In the 1980s, there was one on I35 between Austin and Dallas. Whenever we'd make that drive, we'd see lots of billboards, and on one trip decided to finally stop and check it out. They also sold some walking sticks, but otherwise it was just a store full of walnut bowls. I felt disappointed for some reason but I don't know what else I was expecting.

The one in Missouri didn’t strike me as the type of place that was part of a chain. That said, it was also exactly as you describe: a disappointing store full of wood bowls. :D

The original CelloDan Cocobolo bowl :D
aqKUKrq.jpg

Beautiful Coco-bowl-o, Dan! :thumbsup: :D

I carry a lambsfoot .....

comUubtm.jpg

.....because any knife with a pull of less than 9.5 is for sissies

:D :D

Thanks Barrett, I probably tested 20 pairs of boots that year, maybe more, it was a full-time job for me, as I acted as a design consultant to a few manufacturers too. In terms of publishing, that winter boots article was published in the January issue, which would have come out in December, and so I would have submitted it in November. Some of those boots I'd previously reviewed for other publications the winter before, and they were still available (no point writing about boots which nobody can buy), others I'd tested at the end of the previous winter, but some of them I'd have had to test in the summer, when I'd have preferred to be wearing lighter footwear otherwise. At the time, I didn't think I'd ever have a problem with my feet, but testing all those rigid, stiff boots (and I tested plastic mountaineering boots too) almost certainly contributed to the problems I have now.

At the time I was testing, the only Danner boots imported here, were military-style boots, which were sold by a sole-trader (no pun intended). I did review a few military-style boots, but not Danners. That pair look like a well-made pair of boots, but also very old-fashioned in terms of the Alpine styling. Over the past few decades, boots have become much lighter, with manufacturers utilising techniques, materials, and designs from other forms of footwear. Generally, a well-fitted pair of boots shouldn't require tortuous breaking-in, as in the past, but the trade-off is in longevity, so manufacturers get to sell more boots :rolleyes:

That Danner model is definitely “old school.” :cool: :D At the time that I bought (and then returned) a pair, I was attracted to welt construction, because I was angry that I couldn’t get my then-current, well-worn pair of boots resoled. (I had only consulted a local cobbler, who told me that modern adhesive-bonded soles couldn’t be replaced. I think I mentioned in Mike’s GAW, when we were talking boots a few weeks ago, that I recently discovered a cobbler in Seattle who specializes in resoling modern boots.)

This article is from the same period, but because it is a more general discussion, it may still have some relevant advice :thumbsup:

1yrAWEj.jpg

1XCrhc4.jpg

ziynBqC.jpg

eTzfzT3.jpg

Great article, Jack, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks again for sharing! :thumbsup:

Barrett, I have a pair of Danner's and they took a long while to break in but once they did they were superb. Beautiful knife BTW.

They certainly seem like they make a quality boot, Bill. I was impressed with everything about them… except the way they felt on my foot! :confused: :D (I will say, when I went looking for that photo of the Mountain Light, I was shocked by the current price! They’re going for nearly double what I paid for the pair I returned 10 years ago, and I thought they were an expensive pair of boots then!) :eek:

A couple of days ago, when I was making my store-cupboard chilli, there was a moment of extreme disquiet at Grumble Towers (picture me running around the kitchen open-mouthed in slow-motion)!!! :eek: Was it going to be one crisis too far??!!!! :eek:

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...

aGTZj44.jpg

Victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat!! :) :) :) :thumbsup:

Phew! That was a close one! :eek: :D Did they change the label recently?

Jack, do you remember stopping in a shop on our way down to the train station in Sheffield so I could (unsuccessfully) pick up another bottle of Henderson’s for my brother? You asked the guy behind the counter if they carried it, and he had no idea what you were talking about! Probably lucky for him you didn’t have a blackthorn stick on you! :eek: o_O :D

Jack, I know exactly the feeling you were experiencing my friend. It’s the same one I experienced today when we started making our lunch sandwiches! “What!” :eek: “No Dukes!” :eek: I immediately went to the storage closet and low and behold there was a brand new quart jar of Dukes! :D All is now well in the land of “Shelter In Place!” :rolleyes: :D

View attachment 1315399

They do make an excellent mayonnaise! :D It’s a bit hard to find up here in MN, but there are a few places that carry it. Thankfully I’m stocked up; I think I may put some of it to good use next week and make some pimento cheese (as long as everyone else hasn’t panic-bought the other ingredients I need!) :confused:

Is that the Warren Beatty movie? I remember going to see that when it came out (1981?). After about ten minutes, I left the theatre to watch something else. (There were six movie theatres at the complex I went to.) I rarely do that, but knew pretty quickly I didn't want to see the rest of it.

The only other time I remember walking out of a theatre to go to another movie was about four years later. I was living in San Antonio, and don't remember what film it was, but I remember what I saw instead: After Hours. What a hilarious movie! Glad I left the first one, whatever it was.

[Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm going stir crazy!]

I don’t think I’ve ever walked out of a movie, but the closest I came was that Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. :thumbsdown: :confused:

Finally out of the prototype phase...
It's gusseted, laced, and just the right size for my Regular Lambs. :)

That’s a good-looking pocket slip, John! :thumbsup: :confused:

These little cigars are great to get in a smoke between rain showers. Irish cigarillos, paired with an Irish style American whiskey and a fine Sheffield made pocket knife - I've certainly had worse evenings :D.

xUtQR8L.jpg

That’s an enticing photo, Dylan! :thumbsup: I love cigars, but I’ve struggled to find any cigarillos that really wowed me. I do try to keep some in the humidor for the occasional short smoke, although if I can spare a little more time, my preferred short-ish smoke is the Fuente Hemingway Short Story.

We may have to change the name of this thread to “Guardians of the Lambsfoot; Bread, Boots and Condiments discussed, also.” ;) :D I swear this one was unintentional; I hadn’t caught up on all the condiment talk when I snapped this pic of my HHB with the tastiest part of a sort of hodgepodge dinner we had tonight — pigs in blankets (British-style) with some English mustard. :thumbsup:

ykOoIHH.jpg

Good Evening Guardians.
c55f0d03-5896-4322-988b-56ce37681402-jpeg.1313834
Wonderful shot, Harvey! Great color contrast. :thumbsup:
To better times:
Cheers Dennis :) :thumbsup:
Here's to the Good Times that are still here if we look hard enough. :)
Cheers to you all!:):thumbsup:

John, great photo, nice looking flock and mug! It's about time! (and dimension):p:thumbsup:
LOL :D That's very cool Dennis, great pic my friend :thumbsup:
Was definitely a few pounds and few years lighter! About 1991ish I guess.

Looks like a cracking recruitment poster shot there Dennis.:thumbsup:
Thanks, David! More like crackpot! :D:thumbsup:
Thanks Dennis. And that's an unusual can there; I've not seen them in the UK. :thumbsup:
They came out I guess last year, there's also a bird. Will post one maybe tomorrow!:cool::thumbsup:
Great shot of your 2019 Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot! :)
Thank you, Ron! I love the ironwood on these!;)
The slip? Definitely!
The knife? No way!
ED would hunt me down... :D
Was worth a try!;):thumbsup: Great pairing for sure!

Just about gone Dennis :) These pics I took last week and there were still some portions of the this trail with some ice or snow left ( I absentmindedly walked into a patch of ice while talking to my wife and had another "great wipe out" experience lol :)
Now the ice is all gone on the trail but there are some small pockets remaining in some very calm portions of the river,.... we'll see, we are going for a walk in a few minutes and it may all be gone now :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Good afternoon Guardians :)
Beautiful shot, Dan! Definitely some good looking terrain!:):thumbsup:
I did manage on today's walk to find some ice for mitch4ging mitch4ging who was asking about it :D

k4m69VI.jpg
:D:thumbsup:
Another awsome photo my friend!:thumbsup:
Now, I like Mexican food just a much if not better than the next guy or gal but I just can't manage large bits of food through my mouth - can't swallow them SO, today, for lunch, I opened up a can of Hormel Chili NO Beans and managed to get through about half the bowl. That chili that Jack Jack Black Jack Black made looks delicious but I wouldn't be able to eat the chunks of goodies in it so, I had to settle for this. At least I'm getting better at taking things in through my mouth. At this rate, I hope to be off the feeding tube by the end of April.

TqyD16X.jpg
Looks good!
Glad your making progress, Ed! Fajitas are just around the corner!;):thumbsup:
Tacos tonight!
vMh0pgI.jpg

The original CelloDan Cocobolo bowl :D
aqKUKrq.jpg
Stunning photo, Dan!:eek::thumbsup:
I swan(yes it’s a word:))if you didn’t make a perfect recruitment poster. Go Spearhead! Sophie definitely has command presence. She’s beautiful. Cheers to your Guinness and Lamb.
Thank you very much for the kind comments, Harvey!
The Dachshund definitely have an attitude!o_O:thumbsup: She bullies our poor Cocker Spaniel, but he is only 2 and full of it!
Good Evening Guardians. Safety First!
9f035e89-1453-41a6-8ba5-f129ac6939d9-jpeg.1315125
:eek:
What an incredible image, Harvey!:thumbsup:
For tasting, I think I prefer a wine-tasting glass, and for drinking I prefer my own whisky glass :)
Looks good, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians, I hope that all of you are safe and well, and that everyone still working is enjoying a much-needed break :thumbsup: It's starting to feel a bit like Groundhog Day here at Grumble Towers, so, since my choices are limited in most things, I thought I'd have a change of Lambsfoot today ;) Have a good weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

BKzwgep.jpg
You have a great weekend as well, Jack! Looking "sharp"!:cool::thumbsup:
Having a mug of tea this morning - a little too early for my Lagavulin :D.

img_2262-jpg.1315193
Your HHB is a dandy, Bill! :thumbsup:
Here's a better picture of my old dog, named Jack, Jack. :D
Hello, Jack Jack!
Another Jack Jack!
maxresdefault.jpg
I'm not complaining, it's been kind of fun and reminds me of how things must have been in days of old... you might say, "traditional". ;)
At least time for some traditions! Cool photo my friend!:cool::thumbsup:
I believe I’ll stay around the house today! :rolleyes: Y’all be vigilant out there! :thumbsup: What can I say Jack?! :eek:Great minds and all! :thumbsup: :D

49556110058_6c21397fbc_o_d.jpg
Great Grains, Ron!:):thumbsup:
I was busy yesterday slicing fruit for a smoothie. The hardest work I've done since February.

vRopGDG.jpg
Looking real nice, Ed!:thumbsup:

A simple breakfast of eggs and fruit.
Yum! No toast or salsa?
Your WCLF is looking great!;)
Dreaming of fun and enjoyable things to come...

Perhaps I'll spend some time reorganizing all my fly boxes. :):thumbsup:
Nice! I really need to get out and go! We had camping reservations with our trailer, but the campgrounds closed!:mad:
Was it going to be one crisis too far??!!!! :eek:

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...
A good Jack pushed too far...!
Glad you had a backup plan!:D:thumbsup:
8ipZGd3.jpg

I love all four of my lambsfoots, but I gotta say, the Hartshead Barlow has stellar stag!
Indeed!:cool::thumbsup:
Great shot Vince!;)
Looking real good, John!
What weight are you using? 4/5ish?
View attachment 1315536

Good afternoon everyone, jumping on the boot talk bandwagon. I'll be rolling on 2 years in June with these Hoffmans. They specialize in lineman and logger boots. Best boots I've owned for spending hours in leg irons doing a removal. If we ever get back to some semblance of normalcy they're about due for some new soles.
Looking good, Willie! I imagine good boots in your line of work are an absolute must!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians. Courage!
“Looking for love in all the wrong places.”
1565FE4C-17E4-4561-AC3C-CE1554FE1BA0_zpscksmbano.jpeg
Both look great, Harvey!! :cool::thumbsup:
What ever happened to Vibram Montagnabloc? I wish I still had my Redwing Fire-jumpers. Except I wish I hadn't bought them too small. (I just knew I was a size 12.)
These aren't bad, though:
UIpHTXh.jpg
My son loves his boots like those. The flock is looking great!:thumbsup:
If any of you fellers like rum, I recommend this 'un :) :thumbsup:

SOmxOCE.jpg
I likes the rum! I'll look for it.;):thumbsup:
Nice, Dylan!:cool::thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday, Guardians!:thumbsup:

6bjzaca.jpg

John Malkovich as a bad guy? Who'd have thought?

Don't forget Cyrus The Virus! :D :thumbsup:

No rabbits in that one ;) :D :thumbsup:

My knowledge of sharpening is limited but I was wondering if a rod sharpening system like the sharpmaker would work/solve the problem for "crooked knives". Starting with their diamond rods to reprofile the bevel.

Check out the thread index Dan, I seem to remember @Cambertree having to do a lot of work on one of his :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! I hope your weekend has been well so far.

Thanks Dylan, it's been pretty dull. Without you guys, I think I'd be having to find housework to do and stuff :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Great picture, Jack. I must confess that I am not a big fan of rum, mostly because it tends to give me to worst acid reflux. I've had a couple that have been decent but I still have to limit myself. I don't seem to have the same issue with whisky...

xUtQR8L.jpg

Thanks pal, sorry to hear about the reflux, it's a nasty business :( That rum is very smooth, about the same price-point as Lagavulin, but if rum triggers your reflux, you might be better staying away altogether. The big triggers for me are spicy food, and eating later in the day :( Fantastic pic there, and those cigarillos look interesting, as does the whiskey :cool: :thumbsup:

That Danner model is definitely “old school.” :cool: :D At the time that I bought (and then returned) a pair, I was attracted to welt construction, because I was angry that I couldn’t get my then-current, well-worn pair of boots resoled. (I had only consulted a local cobbler, who told me that modern adhesive-bonded soles couldn’t be replaced. I think I mentioned in Mike’s GAW, when we were talking boots a few weeks ago, that I recently discovered a cobbler in Seattle who specializes in resoling modern boots.)

Thanks Barrett, I'm glad it was of interest. I've looked at getting modern boots resoled a couple of times, but the cost was as much as replacing the boots. I still had boxes of high quality boots from my testing days, but the sole units of some of them have just disintegrated, apparently it can happen within 5 years of them being manufactured. If you're ever over this way again, maybe I can sort you out with a good pair of boots :thumbsup:

Jack, do you remember stopping in a shop on our way down to the train station in Sheffield so I could (unsuccessfully) pick up another bottle of Henderson’s for my brother? You asked the guy behind the counter if they carried it, and he had no idea what you were talking about! Probably lucky for him you didn’t have a blackthorn stick on you! :eek: o_O :D

You can still get the old label, which I definitely prefer, but most of the supermarkets, which are now stocking it, seem to prefer the new one. There's a few other designs. They're a bit of a stupid company really, for years of having no marketing at all, the very limited marketing they're now doing is really poor o_O The most annoying thing for me is them trying to re-brand the age-old relish as 'Hendo's'! :mad: Sheffielders either call it 'Henderson's', 'Enderson's', or just 'relish' 'Hendo's sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of some whiney Scouse student, sitting in his 'onesie', putting it on his cornflakes! :mad: Why did they ever abolish horse-whippin'?! o_O

I don’t think I’ve ever walked out of a movie, but the closest I came was that Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. :thumbsdown: :confused:

LOL! :D That was a stinker wasn't it, really bad CGI too?! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That looks like a tasty treat my friend :) :thumbsup:

Looks good, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

You have a great weekend as well, Jack! Looking "sharp"!:cool::thumbsup:

A good Jack pushed too far...!
Glad you had a backup plan!:D:thumbsup:

I likes the rum! I'll look for it.;):thumbsup:

6bjzaca.jpg

6bjzaca.jpg

Thanks a lot Dennis :D I hope you can find the rum, it's a treat :) Great pic my friend :) Those tacos look mighty tasty too :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK and keeping well :) No bread for my toast this morning, but I managed ;) Enjoy your Sunday folks :thumbsup:

a6JIoq4.jpg

Cool pic John :thumbsup:

A couple of days ago, when I was making my store-cupboard chilli, there was a moment of extreme disquiet at Grumble Towers (picture me running around the kitchen open-mouthed in slow-motion)!!! :eek: Was it going to be one crisis too far??!!!! :eek:

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...

aGTZj44.jpg

You mean to say you really don't have a pipeline from the factory?? :D

So you’re sorta trying to say the clowns are running the circus! :rolleyes:

The clowns aren't running the circus. The clowns are just running around the circus. There's a difference. :rolleyes::D

Me, too, sort of. Just got back from the store and noticed I forgot to get the Gorgonzola cheese! But got bread, wine, milk, coffee, jalapeños, etc.

All the important food groups then. :thumbsup:

John that looks great; you've got some talent there sir. :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday, Guardians!:thumbsup:

6bjzaca.jpg

I think your ammos expired. :D

I'm enjoying the boot discussion at the moment. I no longer have to wear dedicated work boots but did in my formative years. I still though own a pair of steelies though for those occasional jobs but I've got to say here in the UK the quality of footwear has deteriorated in the past few years, with of course a corresponding increase in price. I pity folk these days who have to wear the poor excuse for modern work boots. Examples are Doc Martens, which now are complete rubbish, and Catepillar, though I know that those companies distribute different makes and models in different countries. Certainly in North America you appear to have a much greater range of quality work boots available. :thumbsup:
What is really annoying though is a few years ago manufacturers actually started messing round with the sizes. For 30 years I'd been a UK size 9 but about 5 years ago I found out I was a UK size 10.:confused::rolleyes:

But Jack's right about how comfortable modern walking boots are. These are my Alt-Berg Tethara, my dedicated winter walking boots. About 11 years old now I could walk miles in these straight out the box; not something I could of done with boots 20 years ago. Certainly not cheap, and I'm not looking forward to paying for their replacement :eek: but they are worth every penny.:thumbsup:
zQrVn6f.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned.:thumbsup:

You mean to say you really don't have a pipeline from the factory?? :D

There's no justice in this world mate! :D :thumbsup:

Back in the 1980's, a friend of mine thought he'd go and have a look inside the Henderson's Relish factory. He said there were just a few old ladies filling up bottles from pressure-barrels! :D :thumbsup:

The clowns aren't running the circus. The clowns are just running around the circus. There's a difference. :rolleyes::D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying the boot discussion at the moment. I no longer have to wear dedicated work boots but did in my formative years. I still though own a pair of steelies though for those occasional jobs but I've got to say here in the UK the quality of footwear has deteriorated in the past few years, with of course a corresponding increase in price. I pity folk these days who have to wear the poor excuse for modern work boots. Examples are Doc Martens, which now are complete rubbish, and Catepillar, though I know that those companies distribute different makes and models in different countries. Certainly in North America you appear to have a much greater range of quality work boots available. :thumbsup:
What is really annoying though is a few years ago manufacturers actually started messing round with the sizes. For 30 years I'd been a UK size 9 but about 5 years ago I found out I was a UK size 10.:confused::rolleyes:

But Jack's right about how comfortable modern walking boots are. These are my Alt-Berg Tethara, my dedicated winter walking boots. About 11 years old now I could walk miles in these straight out the box; not something I could of done with boots 20 years ago. Certainly not cheap, and I'm not looking forward to paying for their replacement :eek: but they are worth every penny.:thumbsup:
zQrVn6f.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned.:thumbsup:

I used to wear Doc Martens in the 80's, and I got through a pair every 3 months o_O But they were cheap then, unlike now :eek: Unfortunately, the manufacturing industry here is barely non-existent now, and most footwear is imported from Third World countries, with lots of the old outdoor companies having been bought up by that scumbag trainer-king :mad: Every time I go to buy any form of footwear, I have to explain that an 11 is not a 45 (it's somewhere between a 46 and a 47), and that a 46 (10 3/4) is not a 12! o_O Most of my boots are now sized 48! Half-sizes and different width fittings have all but disappeared here. Those look like an excellent pair of winter boots David, hope you have a good day my friend :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Gary :) Carling Black Label is still popular here, mainly on draught, for some reason :confused: Cool vintage ad, and an excellent photo my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) I haven't seen Black Label here in decades, but I haven't really searched for it. Certainly doesn't have the advertising presence that it had when I was a lad!

I just took delivery of a bottle of Lagavulin :) No pics, as it's still in quarantine, but it looks a lot like this, but hopefully with twice as much whisky in it ;) :D :thumbsup:
Do you actually quarantine everything that comes into your house, Jack? :eek:

It's an uphill climb.
I recently looked up that song "about the swans, how they live in the park". Obviously very deep and heavy stuff. Turns out it's called Badge because Eric Clapton misread George Harrison's "bridge" on the MS. The lyrics are mysterious because they are rhyming fragments from George's drinking bouts with Ringo.
Silly lyrics, but I find it another of life's strange coincidences that you bring up a song with a line, "Then I told you about our kid, now he's married to Mabel", at nearly the same time that I post a "Mabel! Black Label" TV ad. Coincidence ... or Grand Design???
Clever pic of lambs, swan, and badge! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Brussels Sprouts with cheese dip? I've got to try that some day. :):thumbsup:

Sewing is easier for sure. But some things just look nicer with lacing.
Still playing around in the shop
I really enjoy Brussels sprouts (or asparagus) with cheese dip, but haven't had it in ages.
My plan is that my first lacing project would involve a very basic lacing stitch like buck stitch or whip stitch. I certainly would not start with something as elaborate as you posted, or the one that Barry made for Jack! :eek: That's incredible lacing, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What's that kind of stitch called?

My Lambsfoot of choice for today just happens to be clad in Ebony! ;) ...
48591594626_7e928558e6_o_d.jpg
Good day, everyone! Stay safe out there.
S50vMO0.jpg
That Charlie sure designs an exquisite lambsfoot, whether clad in ebony or jigged bone! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: And as Matt's photo shows, atmospheric conditions are perfect for carrying them! :)

Thanks for your kind words GT. I value your opinion.
Thanks for the nice compliment, Bill. :)

Exceptions: Bob Dylan, Warren Zevon, Ian Anderson. There may be more.
Maybe Paul?
I've always had the impression that Paul Simon is quite clever. ;)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. That beautiful Waltham is a perfect match for your beautiful Horn Lamb.
View attachment 1313834
I'm grateful for your support, Harvey. :)
The synthetic handle of your Joseph Rodgers is inexplicably appealing to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

They put me on the cover of the Spearhead magazine once, but nothing that would be brag worthy! May need a rolaids after this.
zgKoJXd.jpg

Sophie, as she stomps her paw and dares me to play...
NOMIqLE.jpg

Love warm homemade bread with honey!
Thank you for the compliment, Gary! It's great to be here for sure!:):thumbsup:
Fantastic photo, Gary! Timeless Lambsfoot!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for noticing my pic, Dennis. :)
I've become rather lax in my "military discipline" as a Guardian, but after seeing Dennis's pics of himself in command mode and his vicious attack dog, I think I need to shape up! :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks GT but I can't claim to be any sort of history expert by any means; for one I can't recall half of what I read these days.:D ...
Saying that it would be fun to see a Youtube vid of Jack pulling Excalibur out the stone, taking a look then saying "well rubbish, it's not a lambsfoot!". :D
Thanks for sharing some Arthurian history, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your Youtube idea fills me with glee!! :thumbsup::D:D:thumbsup:

"Lil-un" after a day swimming with the sharks.
Heavenly horn on your shark-infested lambsfoot, ED! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Have the Three Amigos out for morning coffee.
Here's to the Good Times that are still here if we look hard enough. :)
Tremendous triumvirate of lambs foots, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another aspiring Knight of the Sourdough reporting in! Day five of starting the starter:
I've been keeping it in the oven with the light turned on to keep it warm. There's a big "NO" on a post-it stuck to the oven controls to keep me from forgetting about it and preheating the oven for other uses. :D
Good thinking, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::cool: My wife has stored a couple of things in the oven that ended up getting ruined when we forgot they were there and started to preheat the oven. One was a dozen big deli bagels in a plastic bag, and the other was a fancy birthday cake for our daughter when she was quite young (cake was still OK, but all the icing melted off it).

I carry a lambsfoot...

qqdlNrH.jpg

...because "twin blades" are for sissies!

How 'bout you?
:D:D:thumbsup:

Fun fact: “Crazy Chester” was apparently an eccentric character from Fayetteville, Arkansas (where I lived for several years) who was known to the guys in The Band. ...
Here’s a bit of recycled Lambsfoot content, a family photo I took a while back. It’s missing a few that I’ve acquired since, most notably my Hartshead Barlow and Waynorth Lambsfoot.

zaTZNM1.jpg
Thanks for the interesting local lore regarding "The Weight", Barrett! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Fascinating flock photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I guess I forgot to post picture before.
View attachment 1314658
Good wood all around, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lam Jack's last day with me for this tour of duty:
gl.mark.closed.rock.jpg gl.pile.closed.rock.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Jack. :) I haven't seen Black Label here in decades, but I haven't really searched for it. Certainly doesn't have the advertising presence that it had when I was a lad!

I wouldn't search for it either Gary! :D :thumbsup:

Do you actually quarantine everything that comes into your house, Jack? :eek:

To some extent, I do. Amazon delivery driver left the box on the door-step, I opened it there, binned the carton, and put the bottle away (I have a second bottle of Lagavulin already opened, so it won't be getting opened soon) :thumbsup:

Silly lyrics, but I find it another of life's strange coincidences that you bring up a song with a line, "Then I told you about our kid, now he's married to Mabel", at nearly the same time that I post a "Mabel! Black Label" TV ad. Coincidence ... or Grand Design???
Clever pic of lambs, swan, and badge! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I don't know if you know, but 'Our kid' is a way of saying 'My brother' :)

I've always had the impression that Paul Simon is quite clever. ;)

What about Art Garfunkel, with that 'high-forehead' and preppy look?! :D :thumbsup:

Lam Jack's last day with me for this tour of duty:
View attachment 1315922 View attachment 1315923

- GT

Those great pics round off your mammoth post nicely Gary, have a great day my friend :) :thumbsup:

The one in Missouri didn’t strike me as the type of place that was part of a chain. That said, it was also exactly as you describe: a disappointing store full of wood bowls. :D

Beautiful Coco-bowl-o, Dan! :thumbsup: :D

:D :D

They certainly seem like they make a quality boot, Bill. I was impressed with everything about them… except the way they felt on my foot! :confused: :D (I will say, when I went looking for that photo of the Mountain Light, I was shocked by the current price! They’re going for nearly double what I paid for the pair I returned 10 years ago, and I thought they were an expensive pair of boots then!) :eek:

They do make an excellent mayonnaise! :D It’s a bit hard to find up here in MN, but there are a few places that carry it. Thankfully I’m stocked up; I think I may put some of it to good use next week and make some pimento cheese (as long as everyone else hasn’t panic-bought the other ingredients I need!) :confused:

That’s a good-looking pocket slip, John! :thumbsup: :confused:

That’s an enticing photo, Dylan! :thumbsup: I love cigars, but I’ve struggled to find any cigarillos that really wowed me. I do try to keep some in the humidor for the occasional short smoke, although if I can spare a little more time, my preferred short-ish smoke is the Fuente Hemingway Short Story.

We may have to change the name of this thread to “Guardians of the Lambsfoot; Bread, Boots and Condiments discussed, also.” ;) :D I swear this one was unintentional; I hadn’t caught up on all the condiment talk when I snapped this pic of my HHB with the tastiest part of a sort of hodgepodge dinner we had tonight — pigs in blankets (British-style) with some English mustard. :thumbsup:

ykOoIHH.jpg
It doesn't get any tastier then those "pigs". Your great looking HHB looks to be in good company. A very nice knife.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Don't forget Cyrus The Virus! :D :thumbsup:

No rabbits in that one ;) :D :thumbsup:

Check out the thread index Dan, I seem to remember @Cambertree having to do a lot of work on one of his :thumbsup:

Thanks Dylan, it's been pretty dull. Without you guys, I think I'd be having to find housework to do and stuff :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, sorry to hear about the reflux, it's a nasty business :( That rum is very smooth, about the same price-point as Lagavulin, but if rum triggers your reflux, you might be better staying away altogether. The big triggers for me are spicy food, and eating later in the day :( Fantastic pic there, and those cigarillos look interesting, as does the whiskey :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett, I'm glad it was of interest. I've looked at getting modern boots resoled a couple of times, but the cost was as much as replacing the boots. I still had boxes of high quality boots from my testing days, but the sole units of some of them have just disintegrated, apparently it can happen within 5 years of them being manufactured. If you're ever over this way again, maybe I can sort you out with a good pair of boots :thumbsup:

You can still get the old label, which I definitely prefer, but most of the supermarkets, which are now stocking it, seem to prefer the new one. There's a few other designs. They're a bit of a stupid company really, for years of having no marketing at all, the very limited marketing they're now doing is really poor o_O The most annoying thing for me is them trying to re-brand the age-old relish as 'Hendo's'! :mad: Sheffielders either call it 'Henderson's', 'Enderson's', or just 'relish' 'Hendo's sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of some whiney Scouse student, sitting in his 'onesie', putting it on his cornflakes! :mad: Why did they ever abolish horse-whippin'?! o_O

LOL! :D That was a stinker wasn't it, really bad CGI too?! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

That looks like a tasty treat my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Dennis :D I hope you can find the rum, it's a treat :) Great pic my friend :) Those tacos look mighty tasty too :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK and keeping well :) No bread for my toast this morning, but I managed ;) Enjoy your Sunday folks :thumbsup:

a6JIoq4.jpg
Good morning Jack. A fine breakfast combo indeed. Is that a potato pancake I see there?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::) Your HHB is looking good!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning Jack. A fine breakfast combo indeed. Is that a potato pancake I see there?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::) Your HHB is looking good!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Morning Bill, it doesn't have any flour in it, just mashed potato (with butter and milk), onion, pepper, chilli, a little salt, a little cheese, and I usually use herbs, but I used a little basil pesto. I'd say a potato cake, rather than a potato pancake, but potato pancakes is a good idea ;) Thank you :thumbsup:

Morning Bill, it doesn't have any flour in it, just mashed potato (with butter and milk), onion, pepper, chilli, a little salt, a little cheese, and I usually use herbs, but I used a little basil pesto. I'd say a potato cake, rather than a potato pancake, but potato pancakes is a good idea ;) Thank you :thumbsup:
Potato pancake is what my grandmother used to call them. She would have leftover mashed potatoes and make them up somehow...I never got the recipe:(. I've tried to make them various ways but they just fall apart on me:mad:. I remember how good they were when I was just a kid:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Back