Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

8ipZGd3.jpg

I love all four of my lambsfoots, but I gotta say, the Hartshead Barlow has stellar stag!
Silver Surfer never had it so good. :)

Who are the Knights?o_O:confused:
A sub-section of the Guardians; Knights of the Sourdough.
Those who are making their own sourdough bread at home, with the help of a Lambsfoot of course.

I thought I'd watch a couple of films last night :)

ppYVcLJ.jpg

I have to say, the sequel came as a bit of a surprise :rolleyes:
Is that the Warren Beatty movie? I remember going to see that when it came out (1981?). After about ten minutes, I left the theatre to watch something else. (There were six movie theatres at the complex I went to.) I rarely do that, but knew pretty quickly I didn't want to see the rest of it.

The only other time I remember walking out of a theatre to go to another movie was about four years later. I was living in San Antonio, and don't remember what film it was, but I remember what I saw instead: After Hours. What a hilarious movie! Glad I left the first one, whatever it was.

[Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm going stir crazy!]

Who are the Knights?o_O:confused: It's already cost me a bundle to be a Guardian.:eek::rolleyes::)
The Knights of the Sourdough is a tiny subset of The Guardians, who are carrying on chemistry experiments with flour, with their Lambsfoot knives by their sides.

Some day we will all gather together in Yorkshire, and eat sausage sandwiches on homemade sourdough bread, while we hone our blades on stones left by the Romans.

Last edited:
15860278977881266096028.jpg

Good afternoon everyone, jumping on the boot talk bandwagon. I'll be rolling on 2 years in June with these Hoffmans. They specialize in lineman and logger boots. Best boots I've owned for spending hours in leg irons doing a removal. If we ever get back to some semblance of normalcy they're about due for some new soles.

@5kqs

I somehow misplaced your quote on my catch up read, thank you for the compliment on fixing my own equipment... It's been a long road of learning as I go and watching YouTube.
15860289057801841592876.jpg
Enjoying an afternoon libation with Rosie. At least we haven't found ourselves short of beer. ;)

Scary stuff Ron! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

That's a relief Ron, a feller's gotta have a few comforts ;) :D :thumbsup:

I don't often eat ice cream, but we live in unusual times :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

tIIguoF.jpg

Thanks a lot buddy, I thought that you and a couple of the other guys would appreciate that :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good run Vince, I'm out of bread and beer! :( Thankfully, I've got pikelets, wine, and a lot of whisky! ;) :D :thumbsup:
I used to eat a lot of ice cream Jack. As a matter of fact I didn’t know when to stop when I started! :eek: When we buy it now we buy the smaller containers like the one you’ve got there! :D

View attachment 1315536

Good afternoon everyone, jumping on the boot talk bandwagon. I'll be rolling on 2 years in June with these Hoffmans. They specialize in lineman and logger boots. Best boots I've owned for spending hours in leg irons doing a removal. If we ever get back to some semblance of normalcy they're about due for some new soles.

Great picture. The curl in the rugs makes it look like you sliced through the boot. The curl is the same curve as the blade.
Love it! The Guardian equivalent of sawing the woman in half.

I liked Reds. Admittedly long. I didn't know there was a sequel.

"Mr. Reed, I would like to see you with your pants off." (Diane Keaton)

"Why don't you come to Boston with me?
I want to know what as.
Thanksgiving is coming. Why don't you come as a turkey?"

These guys were all wrong, obviously. Don't nobody read them:
TxuiTL9.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black -Thank you Jack. Much appreciation for the closer look of youR reviews. If available at the time, I would have read your beginners guide. My first pair of boot were Danner’s. They were perfect for activities at hand(Rockies, Grand Canyon, etc.). Once at home, they were relegated to sheltering in the closet. Too stiff. Didn’t take the time to properly break them in. Beautiful boots, though. One of my favorite boots were a pair of Mephistos. Not a technical boot, I know, but oh so comfortable.

Through my children, and from what I hear from others in the “Real World,” I have come to appreciate the discomfort that all of you are experiencing in adjusting to sheltering in place. May you all be granted strength and comfort as this ordeal progresses. “This too shall pass.”

@Onebigbill - Thank you Bill. You also have beautiful Stag hafted Hartshead. Fine image.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you John. Jack the canine looks like a great pal. Nicely textured breakfast image. I rember using forceps in the 60s.:D

Half/Stop - Thank you Ron. MMM...Carmel. Hang in there. Your ‘18 Ebony is Magnifico.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Courage!
“Looking for love in all the wrong places.”
1565FE4C-17E4-4561-AC3C-CE1554FE1BA0_zpscksmbano.jpeg

Last edited:
Jack Jack Black Jack Black , Harvey cigarrodog cigarrodog . My first pair of boots were Army surplus boots and quite comfortable but my limiting factor for boots or any shoe for that matter is size. I wear a 14, 15, or 16 depending on manufacture. For example, I've found that Danner boots run a little small in their sizing. Where I might wear a 15 in Red Wing boots, I'd have to get a 16 in a Danner boot. Probably my favorite boot wre made by Herman but I don't think they're still in business.

Any boot mentioned would have easily carried the weight of this "Big-un"

sDqOOgd.jpg

Great picture. The curl in the rugs makes it look like you sliced through the boot. The curl is the same curve as the blade.
Love it! The Guardian equivalent of sawing the woman in half.
Thanks for the compliment! The sawing a woman in half reminds me of one of Warren Zevon's songs... For My Next Trick I'll Need A Volunteer.
Jack Jack Black Jack Black , Harvey cigarrodog cigarrodog . My first pair of boots were Army surplus boots and quite comfortable but my limiting factor for boots or any shoe for that matter is size. I wear a 14, 15, or 16 depending on manufacture. For example, I've found that Danner boots run a little small in their sizing. Where I might wear a 15 in Red Wing boots, I'd have to get a 16 in a Danner boot. Probably my favorite boot wre made by Herman but I don't think they're still in business.

sDqOOgd.jpg
My goodness Ed, I wear a 13 in most boots and a 14 in sneakers and I thought I had big feet!

Is that the Warren Beatty movie? I remember going to see that when it came out (1981?). After about ten minutes, I left the theatre to watch something else. (There were six movie theatres at the complex I went to.) I rarely do that, but knew pretty quickly I didn't want to see the rest of it.

The only other time I remember walking out of a theatre to go to another movie was about four years later. I was living in San Antonio, and don't remember what film it was, but I remember what I saw instead: After Hours. What a hilarious movie! Glad I left the first one, whatever it was.

[Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm going stir crazy!]

I'm sorry Vince, I was just pulling your leg :rolleyes: I'm afraid they are very different films, one had 12 Accademy Award nominations, the other didn't - guess which one I feel asleep in! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

DRDhxMm.jpg

I have escaped the cinema only a few times (once in quite unusual and rather embarrassing circumstances). I usually feel I have to watch films all the way through, even on DVD, but there have been some I have found so bad, that rather than give them away, I have physically broken in half, so that another living human being didn't have to suffer in the way I had o_O

The Knights of the Sourdough is a tiny subset of The Guardians, who are carrying on chemistry experiments with flour, with their Lambsfoot knives by their sides.

Some day we will all gather together in Yorkshire, and eat sausage sandwiches on homemade sourdough bread, while we hone our blades on stones left by the Romans.

I look forward to that day my friend :) :D :thumbsup:

Finally out of the prototype phase...
It's gusseted, laced, and just the right size for my Regular Lambs. :)

Superb work John :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1315543
Enjoying an afternoon libation with Rosie. At least we haven't found ourselves short of beer. ;)

I bet you've earned it Willie :) :thumbsup:

I used to eat a lot of ice cream Jack. As a matter of fact I didn’t know when to stop when I started! :eek: When we buy it now we buy the smaller containers like the one you’ve got there! :D

LOL! :D I got halfway through that one Ron, thought I might make some of my Drambuie sauce to go with the other half ;) :D :thumbsup:

I liked Reds. Admittedly long. I didn't know there was a sequel.

"Mr. Reed, I would like to see you with your pants off." (Diane Keaton)

"Why don't you come to Boston with me?
I want to know what as.
Thanksgiving is coming. Why don't you come as a turkey?"

These guys were all wrong, obviously. Don't nobody read them:
TxuiTL9.jpg

I might have to give that film a second go Jer ;) :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black -Thank you Jack. Much appreciation for the closer look of youR reviews. If available at the time, I would have read your beginners guide. My first pair of boot were Danner’s. They were perfect for activities at hand(Rockies, Grand Canyon, etc.). Once at home, they were relegated to sheltering in the closet. Too stiff. Didn’t take the time to properly break them in. Beautiful boots, though. One of my favorite boots were a pair of Mephistos. Not a technical boot, I know, but oh so comfortable.

Through my children, and from what I hear from others in the “Real World,” I have come to appreciate the discomfort that all of you are experiencing in adjusting to sheltering in place. May you all be granted strength and comfort as this ordeal progresses. “This too shall pass.”

@Onebigbill - Thank you Bill. You also have beautiful Stag hafted Hartshead. Fine image.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you John. Jack the canine looks like a great pal. Nicely textured breakfast image. I rember using forceps in the 60s.:D

Half/Stop - Thank you Ron. MMM...Carmel. Hang in there. Your ‘18 Ebony is Magnifico.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Courage!
“Looking for love in all the wrong places.”
1565FE4C-17E4-4561-AC3C-CE1554FE1BA0_zpscksmbano.jpeg

Sounds like some great hiking roundabouts Harvey! :eek: :cool: Excellent photo buddy :) :thumbsup:

What ever happened to Vibram Montagnabloc? I wish I still had my Redwing Fire-jumpers. Except I wish I hadn't bought them too small. (I just knew I was a size 12.)
These aren't bad, though:
UIpHTXh.jpg

You still see 'em Jer :thumbsup:

sDqOOgd.jpg

Here now, we've got English sizing, European sizing, US sizing :rolleyes: Barely any of the manufacturers can get the sizing right, the distributors and shops can't convert the different sizes. I just ask for the largest size they have o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

If any of you fellers like rum, I recommend this 'un :) :thumbsup:

SOmxOCE.jpg

Back