Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal, it's actually turned out nice here again, but so far I haven't had a chance to get out. Probably going to do a bit of shopping later. I hope you get some better weather soon Ron :thumbsup:

Very nice Ron :) :thumbsup:

chuck4570 and Half/Stop like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

3. rockman0

rockman0 Basic Member Basic Member

May 5, 2013
    Good morning Guardians, Old yellow got out for a picture this morning.
    [​IMG]

4. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Ha ha, if my second son would have been born first I think I would have decided to not have any more children. He was quite a challenge. :eek:

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]
    It's Thursday! :)

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Again? ;)

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That’s good Jack! It’s actually tolerable here today. Cool and cloudy, which makes for good outdoor working weather! Speaking of shopping! That’s what Pam is doing now! :rolleyes: That really is some fine Ebony isn’t it! :cool: A beautiful knife! :thumbsup: :)

chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  8. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_2341.JPG Good morning, Guardians! Another dark, damp and cool day here, but I have my Lambfoot, so I'll be okay!

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pic John :) :thumbsup:

Great to see Rob, what a beauty :)

:D :thumbsup:

Nice Ron :) I only got a few things from the supermarket in the end, just some fresh fruit and veg, and an apple pie, I spent well under £10. I have only been in that store first-thing in the morning before, but by the time my delivery arrived, it was about 1.30pm, and a lot of the trust-fund brats who live round there had clearly just managed to drag themselves out of bed o_O You could barely move in there for all the vain 20-something 'men', wandering about using their phones to check their Facebook profiles or 'tweet', not looking where they're going because they're only interested in looking at their own reflections in the glass of the freezer cabinet, or not being able to see because they're wearing shades or can't see past their blond-highlighted fringe (bangs), and dressed like they're headed to the beach o_O I hope Pam fared better ;) Wright's promised the same ebony for the 2018 Guardians knives, but even though that stuff was nice, it wasn't what was promised :(

Heart-warming Ben ;) :thumbsup:

10. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    A sunny new day for this Standard with Buffalo Horn covers.

[​IMG]

11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)

rockman0 and Jack Black like this.
  12. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    I could say that about life in general. :D

Crikey. It sounds like a fair few of us have scrapped through by the skin of our teeth doesn't it. :rolleyes:
    My brother had the same happen to him as well.

I'd already owned one for several years. A rosewood Big'un that I bought from Barnitts (a hardware store in York that Jack has mentioned). I was looking for a British made larger slipjoint at the time, and found it in their knife display. I'd never owned a lambsfoot before but had used sheepsfoot knives, but the blade profile played no part in why I chose it. But as I got to using it I found I really liked it.:thumbsup:

Great catch Ron, your certainly having some luck with your acquisitions. :thumbsup:

Don't you have to ask the cat's permission before you try that? :D

That's some yard you have to work there. :eek::D

Just some shots on a local walk the other day which was meant to help my back pain but actually made it a lot worse. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great shots everyone! I hope everyone's having a good week. :thumbsup:

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    No, they wouldn't listen anyways. :D

chuck4570, donn and Jack Black like this.
  14. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    The Ebony Lambsfoot did a fine job! :thumbsup: We’ve certainly been ordering a lot online that we’d usually just run to the store to pick up.

American bacon is what you’d call streaky bacon. Your bacon would (I think) be called “back bacon” over here, but to be honest, you can’t really find it anywhere. (Which is a shame, because it’s good! I ate my fair share of bacon butties when we visited England.) :D

I didn’t know about suspenders, but I do now! :eek: :D

We’re doing ok. Scout sleeps a lot… right up until about 1 am, when she apparently wants to be awake and angry for several hours. :confused:

I’ve always been interested in this sort of thing, too. (Maybe y’all remember the Dialect Quiz from the Lounge a while back? :D) I’d never heard of a meat raffle or pull-tabs before we moved to Minnesota (both things that usually take place in a bar, coincidentally).

chuck4570, donn, Dschal and 2 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looking good Ed :thumbsup:

Nice down-to-earth answer David :thumbsup:

Great pics David, really sorry your back isn't getting better :( I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to feel like a spell on The Rack might do my back some good! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I haven't had any birds land on my head yet, but this Magpie landed three feet in front of me, and started doing 'silly walks'! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Magpie flew off, and a Robin landed in the same spot. Unfortunately, turning my camera on again disturbed it, and it flew off to gurn at me from the fence, but then returned. I haven't fed them anything yet, and am debating whether I should :rolleyes: Maybe they just think I'm a big, fat, old bird! :D Or maybe they just don't care, maybe after a couple of months of relative tranquility they just see humanity as some strange, marginal species :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Sam Smith's beer tonight is their Pale Ale. I've drunk a fair bit of this in the past. If you want to know what an English Bitter tastes like, you really need to go to an English pub, and taste it on draught. If you don't have that option, Sam Smith's Pale Ale might cause you to reconsider ;) Cheers Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Now I have to know... What's wrong with suspender?
    I don't wear them, never have, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Taking a shot in the dark, John, but I'm guessing it means "bra" in England. :p

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I Googled it...
    Suspenders in England are Garters Belts to hold a woman's stockings up.
    Now I haven't worn suspenders in two languages. :D

chuck4570, donn, mitch4ging and 4 others like this.
  19. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    :D:D:D:thumbsup:

chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  20. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I think I tried them once (just the kind that holds men's trousers up!). Didn't like them.

chuck4570, Jack Black and JohnDF like this.