Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack, she still acts like a puppy sometimes. She lets my daughter crawl all over her like my son used too. She is a great dog. Sad to say she has lost a step or two, likes to nap more, is losing her hearing and has quiet a few fatty tumors. I got her when I was young. Her father and mother were both champions here. June was actually an "on the rise" show dog in her younger years. She actually won a couple shows as a young dog somewhere around 1-2 years old. I just couldn't afford the entry fees anymore when I had a young son.

She sounds like an absolutely fantastic dog Taylor :) :thumbsup:

One of my neighbours has been putting a street bread order in to a bakery in York during the lockdown here, for which I've been very grateful. When I go to pick up my bread, I always take something with me as a thank you gift, and tonight I grabbed a posh packet of biscuits I thought she and her husband would enjoy. As I was walking down the road, I noticed they were 'Quadruple Chocolate Cookies' (I think I got them in at Christmas), and thought I should have taken a pic for the thread, but handing my neighbour an opened pack of cookies, just so I could get a Lambsfoot pic might have been something beyond her comprehension :rolleyes: :D Got a large white sourdough in the freezer, along with a large wholemeal tin loaf, and a large granary loaf in the bread-bin :) :thumbsup:

bZC1KyT.jpg

Speaking of Punch. Here is an original print that I acquired in the early 1970's created by the Punch cartoonist, Ronald Searles. The shadow of the left side is my hand holding my phone. It is titled "The Thing from the Underground." The blue rose is a medieval symbol for eternal life.

upload_2020-6-3_11-26-15.png

Speaking of Punch. Here is an original print that I acquired in the early 1970's created by the Punch cartoonist, Ronald Searles. The shadow of the left side is my hand holding my phone. It is titled "The Thing from the Underground." The blue rose is a medieval symbol for eternal life.

View attachment 1352224

Nice :) :thumbsup:

:)
One of my neighbours has been putting a street bread order in to a bakery in York during the lockdown here, for which I've been very grateful. When I go to pick up my bread, I always take something with me as a thank you gift, and tonight I grabbed a posh packet of biscuits I thought she and her husband would enjoy. As I was walking down the road, I noticed they were 'Quadruple Chocolate Cookies' (I think I got them in at Christmas), and thought I should have taken a pic for the thread, but handing my neighbour an opened pack of cookies, just so I could get a Lambsfoot pic might have been something beyond her comprehension :rolleyes: :D Got a large white sourdough in the freezer, along with a large wholemeal tin loaf, and a large granary loaf in the bread-bin :) :thumbsup:

bZC1KyT.jpg
Hello Jack! Glad your getting some daily bread. Recently There was a bit on the news about how a “Museum” bread mill From 17-1800’s ? In England was Put back in service to help provide ground flour to the local artisan bakery In the village because other flour/bread wasn’t being brought in because of Covid-19.. The people at the Mill knew what To do since they had been doing demonstrations for the tourists for years. Fresh baked breads are always welcome. :):thumbsup:

Good day friends! Hope you are all well!:thumbsup:

Last weekend- fixing some blocks around the pool area with my trusty Ironwood JB sfo.
2sHANgv.jpg

Yesterday- 95 F and the pool is open! Good times are in store.;)
More JB -2019 Ironwood . :thumbsup:
SclIDde.jpg

Hey Mark, great to see you here my friend - and Linus too :) The mail is still a mess here too :(

"Cowboy up cupcake!" :D :thumbsup: Rodeo sounds like a lot of fun John, to watch anyway :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Great to be here and to see you too!

Great photo Mark :thumbsup::)
Thanks Dan! Lovely photos yourself!

Great shot of Linus, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are you feeling 100% these days?

Here's mine hiding in a rhododendron earlier this spring:
View attachment 1348332

- GT

Thanks Gary! Good to see you my friend! Yes, finally back to 100% after about 60 days.:eek: Thanks for thinking of me and stay safe!

Great to see ya here, Mark! Great photo!:):thumbsup:

Have a great weekend!
nLwrsHj.jpg
Thanks Dennis! Great to see you! Hope you're doing well.:thumbsup:

Hello Guardians!

I’m duly chastised and apologetic for my absence. :oops:

I’m also humbled and grateful for your kind words, concern and friendship - it’s a rare thing to have a corner of the ‘net marked by such graciousness, generosity and genuine care and cameraderie for our fellow enthusiasts.

It wasn’t really a planned thing - as Jack mentioned, a number of things can all contribute to a regular poster’s absence.

In my case I guess it was a combination of working longer hours and having less spare time in general, as well as researching some other interests.

We’ve all been living in interesting times recently, but here in Australia we’ve experienced some particularly apocalyptic events, even before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Although the bushfires which raged up and down the Eastern seaboard of Australia earlier this year didn’t affect this part of Victoria (much of the forested part of the state was already burnt in the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires), somehow my appetite for posting seemed a little frivolous with so many people here losing everything.

Then there were the floods, and funnily enough during this whole lockdown period I’ve been working more than ever, being employed in an essential industry.

Anyway, I hope you’re all well, my friends and not suffering from too much cabin fever!

Greg, thanks for the kind words about the Lambshank - it would be great to make some extra ones for you all, but I’m afraid I don’t have the grinding gear at hand to do it at the moment. It would be quite an expensive knife, as the handle is completely 3D contoured by hand, but if I ever do make more, rest assured that the Guardians would of course be given first option.

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

Winter’s here now, and the leaves are dropping on my chilli bushes.

Here’s a pic from a little while ago:

MatHGkc.jpg

Ebony big’un with a Sri Lankan chilli pepper, crumbed and stuffed with Kingfish curry.

fYq0ROP.jpg

Jack, some time ago you asked about some of my sharpening gear, so I’ve included a bit of kit for an upcoming sharpening project in this pic with three of my most treasured Lambsfoot knives.

Ilvnxf3.jpg

The vials are 50K and 100K grit diamond powders I bought from a gemstone lapidary, which I’m planning to make some high concentration stropping pastes with.:)

There’s also a strongly magnetic chunk of raw volcanic iron from Western Victoria, and a frond of Antarctic Tree Fern from the garden.

The knives need no introduction, I’m sure.;)

Ok, I’ll have to sign off now and head in to work, but I’m looking forward to catching up with you all!:)
Hi Chin, great to see you post and fantastic photos! Stay safe my friend.

I don't think I've ever turned down a biscuit! :D ;) :thumbsup:

My lack of restraint is the reason I don't generally have them in the house Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

:D :D

Packaged cookies/biscuits are too much of a problem for me (we hardly ever buy them), but over the last few months at home, I think we’ve baked more cakes, cookies and brownies than we normally would in a year! :eek: :D

One of my boys hit the nail on the head when he said they had the same flavor as Animal Crackers.

Those were good, but I always preferred this kind as a kid. Talk about sweet! o_O :D

7KKwMr2.jpg

I noticed several of y’all were posting pile-side pics earlier today. Didn’t want to miss out. ;)

jb8eSsN.jpg

Kind of a risky day to be drinking from a pint glass outside. Cottonwood seeds are floating around all over the place.

RIWpSPh.jpg

:)
Hello Jack! Glad your getting some daily bread. Recently There was a bit on the news about how a “Museum” bread mill From 17-1800’s ? In England was Put back in service to help provide ground flour to the local artisan bakery In the village because other flour/bread wasn’t being brought in because of Covid-19.. The people at the Mill knew what To do since they had been doing demonstrations for the tourists for years. Fresh baked breads are always welcome. :):thumbsup:

That's interesting Laurence, I have been to a few old mills over the years, which grind small amounts of flour. The mill in York Castle Museum did this when I was a kid, and though I've not visited it, @donn tells me that one of the artisan bakeries in York has a windmill. My local Leeds Bread Co-op has just re-opened, so I will be able to walk there. I do enjoy good bread :) :thumbsup:

Good day friends! Hope you are all well!:thumbsup:

Last weekend- fixing some blocks around the pool area with my trusty Ironwood JB sfo.
2sHANgv.jpg

Yesterday- 95 F and the pool is open! Good times are in store.;)
More JB -2019 Ironwood . :thumbsup:
SclIDde.jpg

Thanks Jack! Great to be here and to see you too!

Thanks Dan! Lovely photos yourself!

Thanks Gary! Good to see you my friend! Yes, finally back to 100% after about 60 days.:eek: Thanks for thinking of me and stay safe!

Thanks Dennis! Great to see you! Hope you're doing well.:thumbsup:

Hi Chin, great to see you post and fantastic photos! Stay safe my friend.

I'm glad to hear you're better again Mark, 60 days is a long time. Great to see you here, and I hope you're having fun at the pool :) :thumbsup:

:D :D

Packaged cookies/biscuits are too much of a problem for me (we hardly ever buy them), but over the last few months at home, I think we’ve baked more cakes, cookies and brownies than we normally would in a year! :eek: :D

Those were good, but I always preferred this kind as a kid. Talk about sweet! o_O :D

7KKwMr2.jpg

I noticed several of y’all were posting pile-side pics earlier today. Didn’t want to miss out. ;)

jb8eSsN.jpg

Kind of a risky day to be drinking from a pint glass outside. Cottonwood seeds are floating around all over the place.

RIWpSPh.jpg

Dangerous times! :eek: :D Those DO look sweet Barrett! :D Nice pile-side pic there :cool: I haven't had my Stingo yet, but in the meantime another case arrived from Sam Smith's ;) I like the street scene, though I imagine those cotton seeds can cause problems :thumbsup:

Natural born cardboard shredder !
Costco delivered our paper towels and toilet paper today :)
rEV9chY.jpg

rEV9chY.jpg

I think I've cut up more cardboard these past two months than in the whole of last year! :rolleyes: Glad you got your supplies Dan :thumbsup:

Same thing in my area, makes my allergies horrible.

Sorry to hear that John, you need a mask my friend :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK, staying safe and well. It's another dull day here today, but not raining for the moment. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

bdg7otH.jpg

The Lamb with new work t-shirt, owner keeping it light hearted the best he can. He try’s to keep morale up the a lot of appreciation during this time.
View attachment 1352583
75Qw7Yj.jpg

Speaking of public-spiritedness, it isn't very well rewarded around these parts. I cut myself a torus out of 1/4" plywood, fixed lambsfoots around its outer circumference pointing outwards, and hung it at hula-hoop height from a shoulder harness. Obviously it can't fully twirl, but I can refine the deployment of the blades by bumping and grinding.
I was barely out of the parking ramp when some cop started hassling me about it.

No, officer, you have correctly divined my attitude towards my fellow-citizens.

I think I may have one laying around here somewhere. ;):D

Very cool background picture. :cool::thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
It's the official last day of the school year... Let the Summer begin!!!

Hope you get a proper break my friend :) :thumbsup:

75Qw7Yj.jpg

Speaking of public-spiritedness, it isn't very well rewarded around these parts. I cut myself a torus out of 1/4" plywood, fixed lambsfoots around its outer circumference pointing outwards, and hung it at hula-hoop height from a shoulder harness. Obviously it can't fully twirl, but I can refine the deployment of the blades by bumping and grinding.
I was barely out of the parking ramp when some cop started hassling me about it.

No, officer, you have correctly divined my attitude towards my fellow-citizens.

I've thought about doing the same Jer :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK, staying safe and well. It's another dull day here today, but not raining for the moment. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

bdg7otH.jpg
I was just watching Forged in Fire last night Jack! Your background brought it to mind, only in HD of course! ;) Your Hartshead Stag just keeps getting better and better with age! :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
It's the official last day of the school year... Let the Summer begin!!!
Enjoy your summer John! Lovely slip and Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Back