Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    She sounds like an absolutely fantastic dog Taylor :) :thumbsup:

chuck4570 and tmd_87 like this.
  3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    One of my neighbours has been putting a street bread order in to a bakery in York during the lockdown here, for which I've been very grateful. When I go to pick up my bread, I always take something with me as a thank you gift, and tonight I grabbed a posh packet of biscuits I thought she and her husband would enjoy. As I was walking down the road, I noticed they were 'Quadruple Chocolate Cookies' (I think I got them in at Christmas), and thought I should have taken a pic for the thread, but handing my neighbour an opened pack of cookies, just so I could get a Lambsfoot pic might have been something beyond her comprehension :rolleyes: :D Got a large white sourdough in the freezer, along with a large wholemeal tin loaf, and a large granary loaf in the bread-bin :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    Speaking of Punch. Here is an original print that I acquired in the early 1970's created by the Punch cartoonist, Ronald Searles. The shadow of the left side is my hand holding my phone. It is titled "The Thing from the Underground." The blue rose is a medieval symbol for eternal life.

upload_2020-6-3_11-26-15.png

5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice :) :thumbsup:

chuck4570 likes this.
  6. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    :)
    Hello Jack! Glad your getting some daily bread. Recently There was a bit on the news about how a “Museum” bread mill From 17-1800’s ? In England was Put back in service to help provide ground flour to the local artisan bakery In the village because other flour/bread wasn’t being brought in because of Covid-19.. The people at the Mill knew what To do since they had been doing demonstrations for the tourists for years. Fresh baked breads are always welcome. :):thumbsup:

7. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Good day friends! Hope you are all well!:thumbsup:

Last weekend- fixing some blocks around the pool area with my trusty Ironwood JB sfo.
    [​IMG]

Yesterday- 95 F and the pool is open! Good times are in store.;)
    More JB -2019 Ironwood . :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Thanks Jack! Great to be here and to see you too!

Thanks Dan! Lovely photos yourself!

Thanks Gary! Good to see you my friend! Yes, finally back to 100% after about 60 days.:eek: Thanks for thinking of me and stay safe!

Thanks Dennis! Great to see you! Hope you're doing well.:thumbsup:

Hi Chin, great to see you post and fantastic photos! Stay safe my friend.

Cambertree, Haegar, rockman0 and 15 others like this.
  8. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    :D :D

Packaged cookies/biscuits are too much of a problem for me (we hardly ever buy them), but over the last few months at home, I think we’ve baked more cakes, cookies and brownies than we normally would in a year! :eek: :D

Those were good, but I always preferred this kind as a kid. Talk about sweet! o_O :D

[​IMG]

I noticed several of y’all were posting pile-side pics earlier today. Didn’t want to miss out. ;)

[​IMG]

Kind of a risky day to be drinking from a pint glass outside. Cottonwood seeds are floating around all over the place.

[​IMG]

9. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Natural born cardboard shredder !
    Costco delivered our paper towels and toilet paper today :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Same thing in my area, makes my allergies horrible.

mitch4ging, chuck4570 and btb01 like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That's interesting Laurence, I have been to a few old mills over the years, which grind small amounts of flour. The mill in York Castle Museum did this when I was a kid, and though I've not visited it, @donn tells me that one of the artisan bakeries in York has a windmill. My local Leeds Bread Co-op has just re-opened, so I will be able to walk there. I do enjoy good bread :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear you're better again Mark, 60 days is a long time. Great to see you here, and I hope you're having fun at the pool :) :thumbsup:

Dangerous times! :eek: :D Those DO look sweet Barrett! :D Nice pile-side pic there :cool: I haven't had my Stingo yet, but in the meantime another case arrived from Sam Smith's ;) I like the street scene, though I imagine those cotton seeds can cause problems :thumbsup:

I think I've cut up more cardboard these past two months than in the whole of last year! :rolleyes: Glad you got your supplies Dan :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that John, you need a mask my friend :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK, staying safe and well. It's another dull day here today, but not raining for the moment. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

12. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Cambertree, Haegar, rockman0 and 15 others like this.
  13. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    The Lamb with new work t-shirt, owner keeping it light hearted the best he can. He try’s to keep morale up the a lot of appreciation during this time.
    upload_2020-6-4_7-41-43.jpeg

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice idea Chuck, looks good :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and chuck4570 like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I think I may have one laying around here somewhere. ;):D

Very cool background picture. :cool::thumbsup:

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    It's the official last day of the school year... Let the Summer begin!!!
    [​IMG]

rockman0, natchezz, WHT and 12 others like this.
  17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of public-spiritedness, it isn't very well rewarded around these parts. I cut myself a torus out of 1/4" plywood, fixed lambsfoots around its outer circumference pointing outwards, and hung it at hula-hoop height from a shoulder harness. Obviously it can't fully twirl, but I can refine the deployment of the blades by bumping and grinding.
    I was barely out of the parking ramp when some cop started hassling me about it.

No, officer, you have correctly divined my attitude towards my fellow-citizens.

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! :D Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

Hope you get a proper break my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've thought about doing the same Jer :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I was just watching Forged in Fire last night Jack! Your background brought it to mind, only in HD of course! ;) Your Hartshead Stag just keeps getting better and better with age! :) :thumbsup:

Enjoy your summer John! Lovely slip and Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

chuck4570, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! :) I carry a Lambsfoot because I definitely like my boiled eggs sliced! :rolleyes: Y'all have a safe day! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

Cambertree, Haegar, rockman0 and 13 others like this.