Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack and Ron. :)
    No real big plans for the Summer, but hope to get out for a lot of camping and fishing. :cool::thumbsup:

Simple pleasure. :cool::thumbsup:

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    .... a lot of camping and fishing is a simple pleasure too! :thumbsup: ;) :D

chuck4570, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  3. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Great minds think alike. :cool::thumbsup:

4. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks.
    Your welcome. :thumbsup:

Cheers GT. I wished I looked good doing nothing to. :D

Now there what we'd call a 'sieve'.

Oh I'm going to have to watch that. :D:thumbsup:

Yip Barrett there about 7 miles from where I live. I'm supporting them as they don't have a large contract with any supermarket like some do and the pubs/bars here are still shut.:mad: A few breweries have already stopped brewing (so far just temporarily) but 4T's are one of the few in my area who are still open, and I may add can't keep up with demand. :D
    Oh I love my stouts, porters and milds. :thumbsup:

Great. We'll look forward to some before and after shots when you get it back. :thumbsup:

Was this the one?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52369075

I think there's been several old mills that are run on an adhoc/historical basis that stepped up and started running full time.

Yip that's right there still going. I should really get my mate to grab me some flour one Saturday.

https://www.holgatewindmill.org/

And during it's refit several years ago. It is actually a five-sail windmill.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Ron :) :D That background illustration originally appeared in the 1990 journal of the British Tools & Trades Historical Society, and depicts farrier and blacksmith Rupert Timms making a gate in the 1940's. The journal entry includes photos of the wrought iron gates Mr Timms is making in the engraving, which apparently won him an award at the first post-WW2 Royal Agricultural Society show in 1947 :thumbsup:

That bacon looks good Ron :) As does your Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sounds great :) :thumbsup:

As in:

;) :D

Great pics David, and somewhere I definitely need to visit :thumbsup:

7. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Now that you remind me, I've heard them called that.
    It's very bad.

chuck4570, mitch4ging and donn like this.
  8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Also a great background image. :cool::thumbsup:

9. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    All this talk of cookies is making my blood sugar go up. :p Going for a healthy snack myself.
    [​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, rockman0 and 14 others like this.
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Very good Les, you've just reminded me I haven't had an apple today :D :thumbsup:

K33ncutter, chuck4570 and mitch4ging like this.
  11. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    It's an HHB kind of day today.
    IMG_2373.JPG

[​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, rockman0 and 15 others like this.
  12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Good Morning Guardians.
    BBC64F41-F77C-43F2-B48F-36648851A585.jpeg

13. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    My ebony Lambfoot is accompaning me as I go back to work this week (with masks and lots of hand sanitizer)! IMG_2442.JPG

Cambertree, donn, rockman0 and 15 others like this.
  14. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Lot of Hartshead Barlows being posted today so, what the hey!!!!! Here's another one.

[​IMG]

Cambertree, colin.p, Haegar and 14 others like this.
  15. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    They‘re very sweet! :eek: :D (Pretty good, though! :))

I really enjoyed the Stingo, I’ll definitely buy that one again. :thumbsup: Then again, I don’t think there was a disappointing beer in that whole bunch that I got!

The cottonwood hasn’t been as bad this year (at least, not yet). Here’s a picture I took last year around this time. :D

[​IMG]

That’s a fine looking breakfast, Ron! Your bacon looks nice and crisp (the best way to eat it!). ;)

Sorry about the pubs, David, but I’m glad you’re at least able to support a local brewery! :thumbsup: They opened restaurants and bars here on June 1st, but they’re only allowed to utilize outdoor seating areas, which obviously excludes a lot of places.

A lot of smaller microbreweries here only sell their beer in their own taprooms. I imagine things have been tough on them, although they’ve at least been able to do to-go orders in growlers.

peanutsxx, Cambertree, donn and 5 others like this.
  16. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Tis the season :)
    [​IMG]

Bu the time I pulled my lamb out of my pocket:)

[​IMG]

Edit: Looking at all the "goose" pics on my phone, looks like these two were taken at different times.
    The first at 6:56 pm and the second at 7:40 pm .... I guess I am reaaaally slow to to pull my lamb out of my pocket LOL

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the info on Mr. Timms Jack. For some reason I find the forging and blacksmithing type work very interesting. :cool: Especially the blade smith aspect of it. Pam keeps threating to let me set up a forge! :rolleyes: One of these days I may humor her and just do it! ;)

Thanks Barrett. I didn't show the big bowl of cheese grits to the side of the plate! ;) I didn't want to make everyone too jealous. :rolleyes: I fixed that bacon in the microwave and we do like it crisp! :D

Cambertree, mitch4ging, btb01 and 2 others like this.
  18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    There's something wrong with this batch of Jammie Dodgers. :D
    [​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, rockman0 and 13 others like this.
  19. btb01

Jul 26, 2008
    Cheese grits definitely would’ve made me jealous! :D Much like Duke’s Mayonnaise, grits aren’t always easy to find in grocery stores here. In fact, I haven’t ‘em in a while; might have to fix that soon. ;) :thumbsup:

I did stock up on a few of these recently. :D

[​IMG]

Cambertree, donn, rockman0 and 11 others like this.
  20. btb01

Jul 26, 2008

Cambertree, Jack Black and mitch4ging like this.