Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians! :) I carry a Lambsfoot because I definitely like my boiled eggs sliced! :rolleyes: Y'all have a safe day! :thumbsup: :D

49969977516_01aebfc617_o.jpg

Thank you David, very nice post.

Thanks.
Your welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on robins, and The Shadow on YouTube. Thanks for the compliment on my LamBarJack pic. :)
I kind of like the economy look of the bexoid covers! Same goes for Harvey's example in the quote that follows. :rolleyes:
I wish I looked as good doing nothing as your horn lambsfoot does! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Cheers GT. I wished I looked good doing nothing to. :D

That's what we called/call strainers.
My colanders are Mirros, marked on the outside just under the rolled rim.
vwvUYYC.jpg

I believe those were called "sifters" as in flour sifters, although the very smallest one might be a "tea strainer"

Now there what we'd call a 'sieve'.

Worst movie ever: "They Saved Hitler's Brain"

Oh I'm going to have to watch that. :D:thumbsup:

I’m guessing 4T’s is a local brewery? Looks like you‘re stocked up on stouts! :D :thumbsup:

Yip Barrett there about 7 miles from where I live. I'm supporting them as they don't have a large contract with any supermarket like some do and the pubs/bars here are still shut.:mad: A few breweries have already stopped brewing (so far just temporarily) but 4T's are one of the few in my area who are still open, and I may add can't keep up with demand. :D
Oh I love my stouts, porters and milds. :thumbsup:

Yep David, My MM lambfoot looked near impossible to do anything with. All I have are pictures of what it now looks like. Very much improved thanks to @jsdistin. I was refunded my money by the maker and got to keep the knife too so putting a few $$ into it was worth the gamble.

Great. We'll look forward to some before and after shots when you get it back. :thumbsup:

:)
Hello Jack! Glad your getting some daily bread. Recently There was a bit on the news about how a “Museum” bread mill From 17-1800’s ? In England was Put back in service to help provide ground flour to the local artisan bakery In the village because other flour/bread wasn’t being brought in because of Covid-19.. The people at the Mill knew what To do since they had been doing demonstrations for the tourists for years. Fresh baked breads are always welcome. :):thumbsup:

Was this the one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52369075

I think there's been several old mills that are run on an adhoc/historical basis that stepped up and started running full time.

That's interesting Laurence, I have been to a few old mills over the years, which grind small amounts of flour. The mill in York Castle Museum did this when I was a kid, and though I've not visited it, donn donn tells me that one of the artisan bakeries in York has a windmill.

Yip that's right there still going. I should really get my mate to grab me some flour one Saturday.

https://www.holgatewindmill.org/

And during it's refit several years ago. It is actually a five-sail windmill.
Jf3gez4.jpg

KOWpQdV.jpg

I was just watching Forged in Fire last night Jack! Your background brought it to mind, only in HD of course! ;) Your Hartshead Stag just keeps getting better and better with age! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) :D That background illustration originally appeared in the 1990 journal of the British Tools & Trades Historical Society, and depicts farrier and blacksmith Rupert Timms making a gate in the 1940's. The journal entry includes photos of the wrought iron gates Mr Timms is making in the engraving, which apparently won him an award at the first post-WW2 Royal Agricultural Society show in 1947 :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I carry a Lambsfoot because I definitely like my boiled eggs sliced! :rolleyes: Y'all have a safe day! :thumbsup: :D

That bacon looks good Ron :) As does your Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack and Ron. :)
No real big plans for the Summer, but hope to get out for a lot of camping and fishing. :cool::thumbsup:

Sounds great :) :thumbsup:

Now there what we'd call a 'sieve'.

As in:

They went to sea in a Sieve, they did,
In a Sieve they went to sea:
In spite of all their friends could say,
On a winter’s morn, on a stormy day,
In a Sieve they went to sea!
And when the Sieve turned round and round,
And every one cried, ‘You’ll all be drowned!’
They called aloud, ‘Our Sieve ain’t big,
But we don’t care a button! we don’t care a fig!
In a Sieve we’ll go to sea!’
Far and few, far and few,
Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue,
And they went to sea in a Sieve.

;) :D

Yip that's right there still going. I should really get my mate to grab me some flour one Saturday.

https://www.holgatewindmill.org/

And during it's refit several years ago. It is actually a five-sail windmill.
Jf3gez4.jpg

KOWpQdV.jpg

Great pics David, and somewhere I definitely need to visit :thumbsup:

Dangerous times! :eek: :D Those DO look sweet Barrett! :D Nice pile-side pic there :cool: I haven't had my Stingo yet, but in the meantime another case arrived from Sam Smith's ;) I like the street scene, though I imagine those cotton seeds can cause problems :thumbsup:

They‘re very sweet! :eek: :D (Pretty good, though! :))

I really enjoyed the Stingo, I’ll definitely buy that one again. :thumbsup: Then again, I don’t think there was a disappointing beer in that whole bunch that I got!

The cottonwood hasn’t been as bad this year (at least, not yet). Here’s a picture I took last year around this time. :D

HGMOj2w.jpg

That’s a fine looking breakfast, Ron! Your bacon looks nice and crisp (the best way to eat it!). ;)

Yip Barrett there about 7 miles from where I live. I'm supporting them as they don't have a large contract with any supermarket like some do and the pubs/bars here are still shut.:mad: A few breweries have already stopped brewing (so far just temporarily) but 4T's are one of the few in my area who are still open, and I may add can't keep up with demand. :D
Oh I love my stouts, porters and milds. :thumbsup:

Sorry about the pubs, David, but I’m glad you’re at least able to support a local brewery! :thumbsup: They opened restaurants and bars here on June 1st, but they’re only allowed to utilize outdoor seating areas, which obviously excludes a lot of places.

A lot of smaller microbreweries here only sell their beer in their own taprooms. I imagine things have been tough on them, although they’ve at least been able to do to-go orders in growlers.

Tis the season :)
LTrJZ7x.jpg

Bu the time I pulled my lamb out of my pocket:)

1JJ7tni.jpg

Edit: Looking at all the "goose" pics on my phone, looks like these two were taken at different times.
The first at 6:56 pm and the second at 7:40 pm .... I guess I am reaaaally slow to to pull my lamb out of my pocket LOL

Last edited:
Thanks Ron :) :D That background illustration originally appeared in the 1990 journal of the British Tools & Trades Historical Society, and depicts farrier and blacksmith Rupert Timms making a gate in the 1940's. The journal entry includes photos of the wrought iron gates Mr Timms is making in the engraving, which apparently won him an award at the first post-WW2 Royal Agricultural Society show in 1947 :thumbsup:

That bacon looks good Ron :) As does your Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info on Mr. Timms Jack. For some reason I find the forging and blacksmithing type work very interesting. :cool: Especially the blade smith aspect of it. Pam keeps threating to let me set up a forge! :rolleyes: One of these days I may humor her and just do it! ;)

That’s a fine looking breakfast, Ron! Your bacon looks nice and crisp (the best way to eat it!). ;)
Thanks Barrett. I didn't show the big bowl of cheese grits to the side of the plate! ;) I didn't want to make everyone too jealous. :rolleyes: I fixed that bacon in the microwave and we do like it crisp! :D

Thanks Barrett. I didn't show the big bowl of cheese grits to the side of the plate! ;) I didn't want to make everyone too jealous. :rolleyes: I fixed that bacon in the microwave and we do like it crisp! :D

Cheese grits definitely would’ve made me jealous! :D Much like Duke’s Mayonnaise, grits aren’t always easy to find in grocery stores here. In fact, I haven’t ‘em in a while; might have to fix that soon. ;) :thumbsup:

I did stock up on a few of these recently. :D

8qij2BT.jpg

Back