Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning y’all! Hope you’re all well this morning. I’m going with Ebony since it’s Friday! :) :thumbsup:

48265039671_761a14cc14_o_d.jpg

Beautifully black Ron :) :thumbsup:

Rained all night and now the sun is coming up this morning. Hope it's nice where all you Guardians are.
View attachment 1353067

Nice pic of your Barlow Bill, hope the sun stays out for you. Here, it seems to be alternating between sunsine and rain, almost by the minute :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Good morning, Guardians! This morning I am splurging and enjoying some expensive Kona single estate coffee from Heavenly Hawaiian. It's gonna get hot today, so I got a little yard work done this morning, and can now sit and sip. Aaahhhhhh!

PVU2xwq.jpg

My ugly mug on the mug was from an ATV tour on Kauai several years ago . . . great times!

And P.S.- that's not a unibrow, they are flip up sunglasses! :cool: :D

Very nice stag on this HHB Big Bill:thumbsup: I like the slip too, is that Horween leather ?
It's an HHB kind of day today.
View attachment 1352642

Thanks Ron:thumbsup:, apprecriate it:thumbsup: Seems the old time cutlers put the best bone on the pile side, same thing with stag.
And beautiful bone it is Rob! :thumbsup: :)

As the saying goes "there's no bone like old bone" that applies to stag and wood as well or at least in my opinion, ThanksJohn :thumbsup: appreciate it :thumbsup:
Beautiful old bone. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Bill:thumbsup: Turner was in business a long time, started around 1802 I believe, sold to Viners in the early 1930's and they continued to use the Turner name and stamps, it will take someone much more knowledgeable than myself to pin down an accurate time range this knife came from, I've never seen this blade stamp, I have a big two blade sheepsfoot that has stamps on both sides of the tang as does my stag Lambfoot but this one only has stamps on the pile side which combined with the flush joint should provide a clue to it's time range. The guy I bought it from thought it was from the 1880's but I have no idea what he based that info on. Jack Black Jack Black may have an idea.
Great looking LambFoot Rob. What vintage do you guess?

The perks of being a Government official seem limitless to us common folks, "do as I say not as I do" sounds like a good motto for them:D Thanks Jack, I'm really enjoying this one, keeping it patina free, pretty much just a pocket pretty used for opening mail:thumbsup:
Very nice Rob, I was going to rent a cabin this year, but probably not going to happen now, we can only stay in one place currently - unless you're a member of the Government of course, in which case you can do whatever you like :mad: That's a beautiful Lambsfoot my friend, with superb-looking bone :thumbsup:

It's still un-toasted in that photo Ron, but it really is very tasty. It's from York's Bluebird Bakery :) Thank you my friend, you too :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying it John :) It's not really heavy though, actually lighter than sourdough or wholemeal :thumbsup:

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I'm afraid that one is bought in Bill. Great bakery not too far away from me :thumbsup:

A different day, a different purple flower. Good morning, Guardians!View attachment 1353116

Excellent photo Ben :thumbsup:

The weather is the same here in the Carolinas:rolleyes:. Trying to dodge the raindrops:D

Sorry to hear that Bill, I still went out for a walk, but it was raining about two thirds of the time I was out :rolleyes:

Good morning, Guardians! This morning I am splurging and enjoying some expensive Kona single estate coffee from Heavenly Hawaiian. It's gonna get hot today, so I got a little yard work done this morning, and can now sit and sip. Aaahhhhhh!

PVU2xwq.jpg

My ugly mug on the mug was from an ATV tour on Kauai several years ago . . . great times!

And P.S.- that's not a unibrow, they are flip up sunglasses! :cool: :D

Sounds like you've earned that great coffee Jeff :) Nice to see your Frida Kahlo mug again my friend! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Headed to Wound Care:eek:so it's not a particular good morning.:( I'd rather be headed to the beach which is a thought inspired by this "Big-un" with Buffalo Horn covers with some seashells.

iqoaTur.jpg

Hope it all goes well Ed, and that, at least, you get some suckers :thumbsup:

The perks of being a Government official seem limitless to us common folks, "do as I say not as I do" sounds like a good motto for them:D Thanks Jack, I'm really enjoying this one, keeping it patina free, pretty much just a pocket pretty used for opening mail:thumbsup:

Yes indeed Rob o_O Nice! :D Sellers come up with all sorts of fanciful dates, but I doubt your knife was made after Viner's acquired the Turner name. Would you like to post some more pics of it, including one of the tang stamp? :thumbsup:

Despite the poor weather, I had quite a nice walk :) A couple of deer crossed my path on my way back (at this point I was about a mile and a half from the centre of Leeds). I might have got a photo had I been on my own (instead of with my girlfriend, who just stood pointing, and shouting "Deer!") :rolleyes: I also saw a couple of llamas, but they were on a local farm :D Some strange fruit growing on the trees roundabouts :confused:

Qz52nRU.jpg

wIAeDi8.jpg

6fJulXK.jpg

WXsMGai.jpg

SssfrJH.jpg

Great photo, Harvey! They pair up nicely!:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you Dennis. You’re Jammin with the jam and the Lamb. Hope you’re weekend is a good one .

Superb pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Seeing all that beautiful bread, I look forward to seeing the sandwiches. Have a good weekend.:)

I am off to Ottawa to take my daughter for her final level piano examination with the Royal Conservatory.
Best wishes for exam outcome, Dan.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians

Both the new walkers and the Lamb Foot have a lotta soul.
7FC201B7-0350-483E-B290-4EDBC5EFA5FB.jpeg

Guardians, some of you know about the difficulties I had with a "custom Lambfoot knife that I purchased from a certain cutler in Sheffield. The knife was attractive to look at but was so messed up it was totally unacceptable (blade grind was atrocious, spring gaps very poor, blade not centered at all, etc.). The cutler blamed the poor quality on his apprentice.:rolleyes: The cutler, however, did the right thing and refunded my money plus he let me keep the worlds pile of junk he sold to me. I decided to take a small gamble and have someone attempt to fix things. It turned out well and now I'm happy with it. @jsdistin did the work which included reprofiling and centering the blade and tightening up the gaps at the spring/liner interface with the scales.
Before photos (picture don't do justice to how bad it was) and no good photos of the poor grind on the blade:
IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2199.JPG
After:
IMG_2401.JPG IMG_2395.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2404.JPG

Last edited:
Nice pics from your walk today Jack :thumbsup:

My pleasure to share more pics, I assumed it was before Viners and my best guess is 1920's, I typically don't buy into a sellers age statement on Sheffield knives as they claim it's old as dirt in an effort to bring a higher price. Most of the post 1900 American made knives are easy to determine a time range but not the same on Sheffield or at least for me:confused:
D52TnEl.jpg

jR3e7cc.jpg

HJw7o7C.jpg

nhV6y2H.jpg

Yes indeed Rob o_O Nice! :D Sellers come up with all sorts of fanciful dates, but I doubt your knife was made after Viner's acquired the Turner name. Would you like to post some more pics of it, including one of the tang stamp? :thumbsup:

Despite the poor weather, I had quite a nice walk :) A couple of deer crossed my path on my way back (at this point I was about a mile and a half from the centre of Leeds). I might have got a photo had I been on my own (instead of with my girlfriend, who just stood pointing, and shouting "Deer!") :rolleyes: I also saw a couple of llamas, but they were on a local farm :D Some strange fruit growing on the trees roundabouts :confused:

Qz52nRU.jpg

wIAeDi8.jpg

6fJulXK.jpg

WXsMGai.jpg

SssfrJH.jpg

Mouth watering tacos:eek::thumbsup:

I know all your friends here will be wishing your daughter the very best of luck with her final exam my friend :) :thumbsup:

That is such a wonderful post Dan. I know you are swelled with pride. I wish y’all the best of luck! I know she’s going to be terrific! :thumbsup:

Tell her good luck from all of us. :cool::thumbsup:

Best wishes for exam outcome, Dan.:thumbsup:
Thank you Guardians !
I am so happy to say that she played beautifully and that my equipment did not malfunction ( only the battery got dangerously low nearing the end of the recording, wow ... the stress +++ )

Setting up equipment, warm ups, sound checks and troubleshooting plus performance took longer than anticipated.

We spend more than 3 hours with "Felix" , one of the most famous pianos in Ottawa worth $ 200,000
He even has his own Instagram page :)

For the the time spend with Felix we got the opportunity to donate to CHEO , our children's hospital in Ottawa :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/felix_the_concert_grand_piano/?hl=en

Back