Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Carrying this today for stag Saturday thanks again Jack Black Jack Black .

mNpCrxy.jpg

CelloDan CelloDan - A well played day.:thumbsup:

That's fantastic, Dan! It must have been quite a thrill for her to perform with Felix and I'm sure it was a Proud Papa moment for you, too! Wonderful that the hospital was able to benefit from the experience, too. Well done all around. :thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan Congrats on a great day Dan! :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic news Dan, congratulations to your daughter, and her proud dad :) Thanks for the great photos :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I'm glad it was a successful day. :):thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for all the warm and positive vibes :thumbsup:
I just passed your congrats to my daughter :thumbsup::)

Today I feel spent ... got up at noon lol, just want to sit on the couch all day :cool:

I may get up to start a sourdough batch :D

Yesterday the much desired Lodge cast iron combo cooker finally arrived :thumbsup: :)
(my current dutch oven works ok but was not ideal for baking )
X50DYHB.jpg

Thanks Jack, appreciate the info :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, I mainly bought it to have an example of the pinched bolsters in case one of the Sheffield firms had been willing to recreate them :rolleyes: Hard to say about the stamp, they could have even existed at the same time, since Thomas Turner's was a huge producer in its day, and would have used out-workers and sub-contracted small firms like all the other Sheffield cutlers. Turner's 1902 catalogue, which you can find in the appropriate sticky, shows a mixture of blade stamps, but those stamps may have been simplified by the artist who did the line-drawings for the publication. Turner's became a limited company in 1918, but that may not have made any difference to the tang-stamps. Ownership of the company also changed, it was bought by Joseph Hobson & Co in 1893, and became part of Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers Ltd in 1916. It was bought by Lee & Crookes in 1932, before being bought by Viners. I'm afraid I'm unsure when they were granted the Royal Warrant :thumbsup:

Lambfoot content for the day, had to crop a blasphemous sheepfoot out of this recycled photo from an old stag Saturday post ;)

7XW4jn6.png

Dukes mayonnaise and grits are two things I stocked up on when the trouble started! Oh, and of course TP! :eek: Beautiful Lambsfoot Barrett! :thumbsup:

Good thinking! :D

LOL! :D Doesn't Joe Pesci look young there?! :D :thumbsup:

Yep. That movie’s almost 30 years old! :eek: :D

Despite the poor weather, I had quite a nice walk :) A couple of deer crossed my path on my way back (at this point I was about a mile and a half from the centre of Leeds). I might have got a photo had I been on my own (instead of with my girlfriend, who just stood pointing, and shouting "Deer!") :rolleyes: I also saw a couple of llamas, but they were on a local farm :D Some strange fruit growing on the trees roundabouts :confused:

Qz52nRU.jpg

wIAeDi8.jpg

6fJulXK.jpg

WXsMGai.jpg

SssfrJH.jpg

Great photos, Jack! :thumbsup: Not really sure what’s going on in that last one, though. :confused:

That’s awesome, Dan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking good John, thought you might be interested in my biscuit choice today! :D ;) :thumbsup:

m1MD9Jj.jpg

Great mug, Jack! :D

Hot beans on toasted bread Vince, buttered or un-buttered according to preference. You can add some black pepper, grated cheese, Henderson's Relish and/or Tabasco if you want :thumbsup:

What kind of person prefers unbuttered toast? :confused: o_O

(Besides Elwood, that is.) :D

I posted a link in this thread a few weeks back to a report I'd read about the effect of this fiasco on U.S craft brewers and it made sober reading. :( It was estimating as many as 40% may not survive, which I sincerely hope has not been the case.

I must’ve missed that. I certainly hope things turn out better than that in the end! :(

The closest I can come to sharing a pint with Jack Black Jack Black and @donn at one of those wonderful English pubs they often post about and I'm sure are missing frequenting.

be18yvVh.jpg

Picked up from the brewery/pub as a to-go order. Love the place: the beers are served from hand-pulled beer engines and they have outstanding chips (a.k.a. fries stateside). Took my Hartshead there for both the day it arrived. :)

But your castles are better. :D

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for all the warm and positive vibes :thumbsup:
I just passed your congrats to my daughter :thumbsup::)

Today I feel spent ... got up at noon lol, just want to sit on the couch all day :cool:

I may get up to start a sourdough batch :D

Yesterday the much desired Lodge cast iron combo cooker finally arrived :thumbsup: :)
(my current dutch oven works ok but was not ideal for baking )
X50DYHB.jpg

Hope you perked up later Dan, your new cast iron addition shows your Lambsfoot off to perfection :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Well at least you have beans, beer, and bread. Cheers!

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Beef Jerky and a Lamb.
C9D8EBC8-85C6-46F9-914B-1B2472A28328_zpsqjcqbm5l.jpeg

The Three 'B's! :D Hope you enjoyed your jerky :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, appreciate the info :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lambfoot content for the day, had to crop a blasphemous sheepfoot out of this recycled photo from an old stag Saturday post ;)

7XW4jn6.png

A pleasure Rob, thanks for your photo-cropping efforts, three really sweet Lambsfoot knives there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

SjnifK8.jpg

zpHJR8G.jpg

GIrols9.jpg

X50DYHB.jpg

C9D8EBC8-85C6-46F9-914B-1B2472A28328_zpsqjcqbm5l.jpeg

7XW4jn6.png

I come here mostly for the pictures!!!:)
Oh, and for Jack Black's research!!:D

Thanks Charlie :D :thumbsup:

Yep. That movie’s almost 30 years old! :eek: :D

Blimey! :eek: Do you know, I've never actually seen it Barrett, but I enjoyed your clips the other day :thumbsup:

Great photos, Jack! :thumbsup: Not really sure what’s going on in that last one, though. :confused:

Thanks, that background shows lace-maker Dorcas-Ing, aged 87, when she was sketched for that 1939 engraving :thumbsup:

Great mug, Jack! :D

Thanks again buddy, I wonder if Vince has come across Saul Goodman! :D :thumbsup:

What kind of person prefers unbuttered toast? :confused: o_O

(Besides Elwood, that is.) :D

LOL! :D Now that film I have seen dozens of times! When video-recorders were fairly new here, and the pubs still closed at 11.00pm, a few of us would regularly go to watch a post-pub movie at a friend's. He only had one film though! :D :thumbsup:

Buttered!
Unless you've gone vegan for your diabetes.

How's it going Jer? I use a low-fat spread, rather than butter, on my toast these days, and find it quite acceptable. I just checked, and it's vegan too! :D Having said that, when I have beans on toast, I don't always butter the toast :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

The closest I can come to sharing a pint with Jack Black Jack Black and @donn at one of those wonderful English pubs they often post about and I'm sure are missing frequenting.

be18yvVh.jpg

Picked up from the brewery/pub as a to-go order. Love the place: the beers are served from hand-pulled beer engines and they have outstanding chips (a.k.a. fries stateside). Took my Hartshead there for both the day it arrived. :)

Hope we can do it one day Greg, that sounds like a great pub :) I had a couple of big-hitters last night, 8% Sam Smith's Stingo, and a delicious 11.5% Chocolate Fudge Stout :) :thumbsup:

ateMJ5W.jpg

azxcBC3.jpg

For the first time in a long time I’ve been without a Lambsfoot in my pocket all day. It’s been a long, hot, hard day. I’ve got my stag big’un now and I’m relaxing with a hot cup of builders tea and a few cookies. :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1354214

Terrible thing Ron! ;) I'm glad you're alright again now my friend, nice selection of cookies there :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Ben, great colours :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, it's Sunday! That doesn't mean a great deal to me at the moment I'm afraid, but I hope you all have a good one :) :thumbsup:

vzeIdn8.jpg

Back