Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Cheese grits definitely would’ve made me jealous! :D Much like Duke’s Mayonnaise, grits aren’t always easy to find in grocery stores here. In fact, I haven’t ‘em in a while; might have to fix that soon. ;) :thumbsup:

I did stock up on a few of these recently. :D

8qij2BT.jpg
Dukes mayonnaise and grits are two things I stocked up on when the trouble started! Oh, and of course TP! :eek: Beautiful Lambsfoot Barrett! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Dennis, that's a fine shot, the Ironwood really pops, and the patina is too cool for skool ;)
Thanks Jack, such great Ironwood, you did good on oversight!:):thumbsup:
I thought there were SEVEN...
Breakfast - 7 a.m.
Second Breakfast - 9 a.m.
Elevenses - 11 a.m.
Luncheon - 1 p.m.
Afternoon Tea - 3 p.m.
Dinner - 6 p.m.
Supper - 9 p.m.
That's a bad "Hobbit" to get into!:p:thumbsup: Already wearing stretchy pants!:D
Looks like you're having fun and trying out different patterns. I really like the one on the bottom right. :cool::thumbsup:
Trying to come up with something unique, but more like leather doodles!
Another hobby that you can hit stuff with hammers, aye? :D:thumbsup:
Helps the confinement hebee-jeebee's!:confused::D
The coin is from the legendary 3rd Armoured Division(Spearhead-1941 to 1992. Thank you Dennis.
97C550B8-C52E-4E9B-AE1D-15B5543D534A_zpszclsmzbx.jpeg
Great photo, Harvey! They pair up nicely!:cool::thumbsup:
When I open the Giant-size version, it might well last me the rest of the year :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

buQ1TSs.jpg
Sweet Foto, Jack! Always need to have a spare!
0WNf4fP.jpg

It could be worse...

amsterdam%20coffeeshop%201-xlarge.jpg
Reminds me of a song...
:D:thumbsup:

Hello Guardians!

I’m duly chastised and apologetic for my absence. :oops:
Great to see your posts, Chin!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Last weekend- fixing some blocks around the pool area with my trusty Ironwood JB sfo.
2sHANgv.jpg
What can't a Lambsfoot cut?:D
I miss our pool...but at the same time, not.
I noticed several of y’all were posting pile-side pics earlier today. Didn’t want to miss out. ;)

jb8eSsN.jpg

Kind of a risky day to be drinking from a pint glass outside. Cottonwood seeds are floating around all over the place.
That looks great all the way around, Barrett, great colors!
Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK, staying safe and well. It's another dull day here today, but not raining for the moment. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

bdg7otH.jpg
Great image...great photo, Jack!;):thumbsup:

The Lamb with new work t-shirt, owner keeping it light hearted the best he can. He try’s to keep morale up the a lot of appreciation during this time.
View attachment 1352583
Perfect, Chuck!
Good Morning Guardians
It's the official last day of the school year... Let the Summer begin!!!
1.jpg
Great pairing, John! Great job onbthe slip!!:):thumbsup:
75Qw7Yj.jpg

Speaking of public-spiritedness, it isn't very well rewarded around these parts. I cut myself a torus out of 1/4" plywood, fixed lambsfoots around its outer circumference pointing outwards, and hung it at hula-hoop height from a shoulder harness. Obviously it can't fully twirl, but I can refine the deployment of the blades by bumping and grinding.
I was barely out of the parking ramp when some cop started hassling me about it.

No, officer, you have correctly divined my attitude towards my fellow-citizens.
That should certainly work! Circle Of Lambsfoot, on the next Kung Fu Theater!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! :) I carry a Lambsfoot because I definitely like my boiled eggs sliced! :rolleyes: Y'all have a safe day! :thumbsup: :D

49969977516_01aebfc617_o.jpg
Keep it simple! Looking good, Ron!

Thank you, Jack and Ron. :)
No real big plans for the Summer, but hope to get out for a lot of camping and fishing. :cool::thumbsup:

.. a lot of camping and fishing is a si
Can't add much to that! It's about time!;):thumbsup:
And during it's refit several years ago. It is actually a five-sail windmill.
Jf3gez4.jpg

KOWpQdV.jpg
Incredible design, Great photo David!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Ron :) :D That background illustration originally appeared in the 1990 journal of the British Tools & Trades Historical Society, and depicts farrier and blacksmith Rupert Timms making a gate in the 1940's. The journal entry includes photos of the wrought iron gates Mr Timms is making in the engraving, which apparently won him an award at the first post-WW2 Royal Agricultural Society show in 1947 :thumbsup:
Cool history, Jack!
All this talk of cookies is making my blood sugar go up. :p Going for a healthy snack myself.
Been trying to eat more fruit, but some gingersnaps are called for some mornings!:cool:
It's an HHB kind of day today.
View attachment 1352642

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
Fine addition to the show!:thumbsup:
Another beautiful example, Mr. Harvey!:):thumbsup:

Last edited:
My ebony Lambfoot is accompaning me as I go back to work this week (with masks and lots of hand sanitizer)!View attachment 1352653
A beautiful Lamb among the flowers!:):thumbsup:
Lot of Hartshead Barlows being posted today so, what the hey!!!!! Here's another one.

YMa9M4Q.jpg
Great stag on your HHB!:cool::thumbsup:
Tis the season :)
LTrJZ7x.jpg

Bu the time I pulled my lamb out of my pocket:)

1JJ7tni.jpg

Edit: Looking at all the "goose" pics on my phone, looks like these two were taken at different times.
The first at 6:56 pm and the second at 7:40 pm .... I guess I am reaaaally slow to to pull my lamb out of my pocket LOL
Great photos all the same, Dan! Beautiful scenery. :thumbsup:
There's something wrong with this batch of Jammie Dodgers. :D
Only two left?:p:thumbsup:
That photo has to put you in your happy place, John!:cool::thumbsup:

Mine for the weekend carry! Have a great Friday, Guardians!
5YqS6oS.jpg

It's an HHB kind of day today.
View attachment 1352642

Nice pile-side stag Bill :thumbsup:

Superb pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

My ebony Lambfoot is accompaning me as I go back to work this week (with masks and lots of hand sanitizer)!View attachment 1352653

Beautiful photo Ben, hope you have a gentle (and safe) return to work :thumbsup:

Lot of Hartshead Barlows being posted today so, what the hey!!!!! Here's another one.

YMa9M4Q.jpg

Looking good Ed :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the Stingo, I’ll definitely buy that one again. :thumbsup: Then again, I don’t think there was a disappointing beer in that whole bunch that I got!

The cottonwood hasn’t been as bad this year (at least, not yet). Here’s a picture I took last year around this time. :D

HGMOj2w.jpg

That’s a fine looking breakfast, Ron! Your bacon looks nice and crisp (the best way to eat it!). ;)

Sorry about the pubs, David, but I’m glad you’re at least able to support a local brewery! :thumbsup: They opened restaurants and bars here on June 1st, but they’re only allowed to utilize outdoor seating areas, which obviously excludes a lot of places.

A lot of smaller microbreweries here only sell their beer in their own taprooms. I imagine things have been tough on them, although they’ve at least been able to do to-go orders in growlers.

Definitely a great range of beers Barrett, and the Stingo is a treat :) Sweet photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Tis the season :)
LTrJZ7x.jpg

Bu the time I pulled my lamb out of my pocket:)

1JJ7tni.jpg

Edit: Looking at all the "goose" pics on my phone, looks like these two were taken at different times.
The first at 6:56 pm and the second at 7:40 pm .... I guess I am reaaaally slow to to pull my lamb out of my pocket LOL

Didn't they know who you were Dan?! :rolleyes: Still great pics buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on Mr. Timms Jack. For some reason I find the forging and blacksmithing type work very interesting. :cool: Especially the blade smith aspect of it. Pam keeps threating to let me set up a forge! :rolleyes: One of these days I may humor her and just do it! ;)

Go for it Ron, be great to see :) :thumbsup:

There's something wrong with this batch of Jammie Dodgers. :D

You need to buy more John! :D :thumbsup:

Nice shot of your '19 too Barrett :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Doesn't Joe Pesci look young there?! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks GT! Appreciate it :thumbsup: I have a bit of catching up on this thread, just got back home after a few days without internet access.

Hope you had a good trip Rob :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, such great Ironwood, you did good on oversight!:):thumbsup:

Thanks pal :)

Sweet Foto, Jack! Always need to have a spare!
0WNf4fP.jpg

Reminds me of a song...

Snap! :D Thanks for the compliment Dennis, and for the tunes :) :thumbsup:

Great image...great photo, Jack!;):thumbsup:

Cool history, Jack!

Thanks again my friend :) :thumbsup:

Mine for the weekend carry! Have a great Friday, Guardians!
5YqS6oS.jpg

Looks like your pocket-slip is wearing in just as nicely as your Lambsfoot Dennis :cool: :) :thumbsup:

We're going to try to get some lake time this Saturday. Got to put some new line on the reels.

Hope you manage to get out, and that you have a great day :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is keeping well, and that if you're back at work now, you're staying safe. Dull start here, but it looks like it might brighten up a little, and I'm hoping to go out for a walk this afternoon. Had some tasty granary toast for breakfast :) :thumbsup:

dIyJenn.jpg

Great photos all the same, Dan! Beautiful scenery. :thumbsup:

Muchas gracias amigo :)

Didn't they know who you were Dan?! :rolleyes: Still great pics buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)
(I may be loosing my powers Jack lol )

Morning Guardians!
I am off to Ottawa to take my daughter for her final level piano examination with the Royal Conservatory.

She was booked to take it back in April but because of covid things got delayed and changed.

Instead of playing in front of the judge/examiner we will have to record a video in one uninterrupted take and submitt it online.

She will be playing for more than one hour from memory.
( hoping my recording equipment works without any hiccups)

p04Ukzq.jpg

Thank you Jack :)
(I may be loosing my powers Jack lol )

Morning Guardians!
I am off to Ottawa to take my daughter for her final level piano examination with the Royal Conservatory.

She was booked to take it back in April but because of covid things got delayed and changed.

Instead of playing in front of the judge/examiner we will have to record a video in one uninterrupted take and submitt it online.

p04Ukzq.jpg

I sure hope not Dan! :eek: I'm sure she doesn't need it, but I know all your friends here will be wishing your daughter the very best of luck with her final exam my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Friday morning Guardians!
Thanks Jack, It was a good trip, we have a small inexpensive vacation home (hopefully soon to be our retirement home:)) 5 hours north of here. This time of year we try to get up there once a month.
Pile side showing off the best of it's bone.
iPU2rMC.jpg

Keep it simple! Looking good, Ron!
Thanks Dennis! For me simple food is good food! :)

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is keeping well, and that if you're back at work now, you're staying safe. Dull start here, but it looks like it might brighten up a little, and I'm hoping to go out for a walk this afternoon. Had some tasty granary toast for breakfast :) :thumbsup:

dIyJenn.jpg
That may be something for me on down the road Jack! That granary toast looks very hearty and delicious Jack. I’ve never heard of it before so I looked it up and got this definition “English Granary-Style Bread. ... Granary-Style Bread is a classic English brown bread made with a mixture of whole wheat and white flours, with cracked grains of malted barley and wheat.” It is apparently not that common here, but I did find a recipe. Might have to give it a try someday! I hope you and your Stag Hartshead have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians!

p04Ukzq.jpg
That is such a wonderful post Dan. I know you are swelled with pride. I wish y’all the best of luck! I know she’s going to be terrific! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Jack, It was a good trip, we have a small inexpensive vacation home (hopefully soon to be our retirement home:)) 5 hours north of here. This time of year we try to get up there once a month.
iPU2rMC.jpg
And beautiful bone it is Rob! :thumbsup: :)

We're going to try to get some lake time this Saturday. Got to put some new line on the reels.
Good luck, Dennis. Rip Some Lips. ;)

That looks like a yummy, heavy loaf. :cool::thumbsup:

I am off to Ottawa to take my daughter for her final level piano examination with the Royal Conservatory
Tell her good luck from all of us. :cool::thumbsup:

I wish I'd had the patience to learn to play an instrument.

Beautiful old bone. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice pile-side stag Bill :thumbsup:

Superb pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful photo Ben, hope you have a gentle (and safe) return to work :thumbsup:

Looking good Ed :thumbsup:

Definitely a great range of beers Barrett, and the Stingo is a treat :) Sweet photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

You need to buy more John! :D :thumbsup:

Nice shot of your '19 too Barrett :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Doesn't Joe Pesci look young there?! :D :thumbsup:

Hope you had a good trip Rob :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :)

Snap! :D Thanks for the compliment Dennis, and for the tunes :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again my friend :) :thumbsup:

Looks like your pocket-slip is wearing in just as nicely as your Lambsfoot Dennis :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Hope you manage to get out, and that you have a great day :thumbsup:

dIyJenn.jpg
The toast looks very tasty Jack - Home made? Your HHB looking good as ever too:thumbsup:

iPU2rMC.jpg
Great looking LambFoot Rob. What vintage do you guess?

iPU2rMC.jpg

Very nice Rob, I was going to rent a cabin this year, but probably not going to happen now, we can only stay in one place currently - unless you're a member of the Government of course, in which case you can do whatever you like :mad: That's a beautiful Lambsfoot my friend, with superb-looking bone :thumbsup:

That may be something for me on down the road Jack! That granary toast looks very hearty and delicious Jack. I’ve never heard of it before so I looked it up and got this definition “English Granary-Style Bread. ... Granary-Style Bread is a classic English brown bread made with a mixture of whole wheat and white flours, with cracked grains of malted barley and wheat.” It is apparently not that common here, but I did find a recipe. Might have to give it a try someday! I hope you and your Stag Hartshead have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

It's still un-toasted in that photo Ron, but it really is very tasty. It's from York's Bluebird Bakery :) Thank you my friend, you too :thumbsup:

That looks like a yummy, heavy loaf. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm enjoying it John :) It's not really heavy though, actually lighter than sourdough or wholemeal :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

The toast looks very tasty Jack - Home made? Your HHB looking good as ever too:thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I'm afraid that one is bought in Bill. Great bakery not too far away from me :thumbsup:

Back