Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I have several of the old pulpy Conan paperbacks stashed away somewhere, I need to see if any of them featured Frazetta's artwork, I can't recall if they did or not.

Not too long ago, I did add this tome to my library. Sadly, I haven't found any of Frank's work yet but it does feature a lot of prints from the '30s and '40s in it from various artists.

f6MWi93.jpg

UquekHX.jpg
Frank Frazetta 1928-2010 "Grand Master of Fantasy Art" Art creator of Conan with long hair -- "The Barbarian 1966" first paper back novel to sell four million copies plus. "Conan the Destroyer" ($1,792,500 in 2018) 1967 another million copies in one year. Editor," Send us more paintings and we will make up the stories !" That is the first and last time that ever happened in history. At first the editor told Frazetta to give Conan a hair cut and send us another painting. Frazetta told him told him ,"Baloney !" Frank Frazetta was the art creator of "Vampirella" in 1971. He had thyroid problems in the 90s and he was put in the nut house. Frank could not paint for four years. He almost died and then they gave him the correct treatment. Weeks after that the strokes followed. Frank had to learn how the paint better left handed. He painted "Vampirella 25 Years" left handed, after the strokes. That painting is worth $1,000,000 plus. Frank Frazetta's 1969 "Egyptian Queen" was sold for $5,400,000 in June ,2019. No will and family greed resulted in lawyers getting most of that money. His museum is in Pennsylvania. I want Bill Howard to make GEC#93 Lambs foot with clear peephole blue river acrylic scales with Frank Frazetta painting "Silver Warrior" in the scales. Boker plus is making Frazetta knives , right now.

Last edited:
You’ll definitely have to update us on how that went down!

Well, I actually found them pretty tasty :) I'm not saying I couldn't tell the difference if I had to pick between them and the real thing, even in a blind taste-test, apart from anything else they're definitely much less fatty, but if I'd been given a small slice, on a sandwich for instance, perhaps with some salad, I'm not sure I'd have spotted anything amiss. They were quite dense, and slightly chewy, not like I'd expected :thumbsup:

Hope it's a relaxing day for you, Jack. :)

:eek: Nnnooooooooooo... :eek:

Thanks pal :)

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

The real deal ;) :thumbsup:

I haven't given up on plant-based sausage, but I've had a couple that were expensive, didn't taste much like sausage, and had too much fat and especially salt. At least there were no gobbets of gristle to get stuck in my teeth.
God Save Her:
in4hsxZ.jpg

These weren't cheap either Jer, I got them from the same place I usually buy my bread. I think I bought them when the lockdown was first lifted here, and I'd forgotten about them. I have to say, they were better than I expected :thumbsup:

To.....What?! :eek: I can’t wait to see how that healthy alternative to Pork turned out for you Jack! ;)

LOL! :D Made in Oregon Ron :D Ingredients are wheat gluten, tofu, water, rapeseed oil, onions, soy sauce, soy flour, granulated garlic, garlic puree, spices, sea salt. I usually avoid looking at the ingredients in meat sausages! :eek: Best I've had were actually in France, expensive, but just pure ground pork and a little seasoning :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well today! I’m carrying my Waynorth Jigged Bone this morning! Stay safe out there wherever you’re at! :) :thumbsup:

50209371208_6e532c9c65_o_d.jpg

Quality choice buddy :) :thumbsup:

I’ve really enjoyed all your adventures this past year Dan! Your photos are always such a treat! Keep them coming my friend! And yes, Life is Good! :) :thumbsup:

Congrats to you and your Lamb CelloDan CelloDan

Thank you for sharing all your adventures with us Dan, your photos have been a real treat :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the anniversary, Dan! Tis a fine example!:):thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for the kind words.

Time has really flown by :eek: , one year gone in what it seems like a month ! Wow !

Here us to many more years of lambsfoot guardianship :thumbsup::cool:

VJVLgy9.jpg

ZWZUTct.jpg

Thank you Guardians for the kind words.

Time has really flown by :eek: , one year gone in what it seems like a month ! Wow !

Here us to many more years of lambsfoot guardianship :thumbsup::cool:

VJVLgy9.jpg

ZWZUTct.jpg

It has gone quick Dan :) Thanks again for all your wonderful pics :) :thumbsup:

Bringing back the Snakewood this morning.

23EqdI8.jpg

Very handsome Ed :thumbsup:

I picked another 4 lbs of blackberries this afternoon. As I was walking back from the back garden, my neighbour was out, and I asked her if she'd like some blackberries. I had to repeat myself, as she's a bit deaf. I said, "Would you like half of these blackberries." She must have misheard me, and taking the large tub from my hands, said, "Thank you very much, I'll make sure you get your Tupperware back." :eek: I didn't even get the chance to take a pic! :rolleyes:

Thank you, Ron. :)

Your Lamb is looking great too. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :)

LOL! :D Made in Oregon Ron :D Ingredients are wheat gluten, tofu, water, rapeseed oil, onions, soy sauce, soy flour, granulated garlic, garlic puree, spices, sea salt. I usually avoid looking at the ingredients in meat sausages! :eek: Best I've had were actually in France, expensive, but just pure ground pork and a little seasoning :thumbsup:

Quality choice buddy :) :thumbsup:
LOL! Jack something with that many ingredients can’t be healthy! :eek: I’m with you on the sausage. Our favorite sausage is fresh made with just a few seasonings added. We have to freeze what we don’t eat because there’s no preservatives added! :thumbsup:

Charlie has a winner with his Lambs! With his SFOs and your SFOs 2019 was definitely, “The Year of the Lambsfoot”!

I picked another 4 lbs of blackberries this afternoon. As I was walking back from the back garden, my neighbour was out, and I asked her if she'd like some blackberries. I had to repeat myself, as she's a bit deaf. I said, "Would you like half of these blackberries." She must have misheard me, and taking the large tub from my hands, said, "Thank you very much, I'll make sure you get your Tupperware back." :eek: I didn't even get the chance to take a pic! :rolleyes:
LOL Jack! :D That’s too funny my friend! :thumbsup: :)

LOL! Jack something with that many ingredients can’t be healthy! :eek: I’m with you on the sausage. Our favorite sausage is fresh made with just a few seasonings added. We have to freeze what we don’t eat because there’s no preservatives added! :thumbsup:

Charlie has a winner with his Lambs! With his SFOs and your SFOs 2019 was definitely, “The Year of the Lambsfoot”!

LOL Jack! :D That’s too funny my friend! :thumbsup: :)

LOL! :D That sounds good Ron, things here aren't as bad as they were in the past, but you really have to shop around for good sausage, some of the branded stuff is just garbage :eek:

It happened so fast I was bamboozled Ron! :rolleyes:

Glad you are fairing well despite the lockdowns! You guys have a double whammy going on down there. :(
But good food sure helps moral!:cool::thumbsup:
Mate, in the scheme of things we are travelling okay, i am in no way being disrespectful to people who have lost loved ones, but when i see what is happening across Europe and America, it is not that bad here. And i am so lucky to have local food suppliers, so i can just walk to buy any sort of food and supplies i need, and i am not going hungry i can assure you.:rolleyes: Hope you are going okay my friend, you take care and look after yourself, i will post a pic of my jigged bone lambsfoot, which is my go to work knife for tough jobs, just like you, it is " Tough ".;)
9j29lw1.jpg

lK3Vw8k.jpg

First thing that happened my camera was damaged beyond repair then I got sick and lastly my laptop passed away. New Cannon EOS R5 and a HP laptop I use my laptop for the internet including BF and I also use it for recording so I'm really glad to have another computer with this pandemic it's about the only lifeline to the outside world I have.

lK3Vw8k.jpg

First thing that happened my camera was damaged beyond repair then I got sick and lastly my laptop passed away. New Cannon EOS R5 and a HP laptop I use my laptop for the internet including BF and I also use it for recording so I'm really glad to have another computer with this pandemic it's about the only lifeline to the outside world I have.
Nice Barlow, do you like it ?.

I'll continue to hope.:thumbsup:
ZEhHU0c.jpg

Really Jer, they weren't bad at all. I've had a couple of plant-based burgers which were even better. I guess all this stuff is pretty new-fangled, but there's plenty of good traditional food that doesn't have any meat in it. Beans on toast, or a chip butty, for instance ;) Or blackberry crumble, which I've been just about living on this past week :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

dRhl0zh.jpg

Mate, in the scheme of things we are travelling okay, i am in no way being disrespectful to people who have lost loved ones, but when i see what is happening across Europe and America, it is not that bad here. And i am so lucky to have local food suppliers, so i can just walk to buy any sort of food and supplies i need, and i am not going hungry i can assure you.:rolleyes: Hope you are going okay my friend, you take care and look after yourself, i will post a pic of my jigged bone lambsfoot, which is my go to work knife for tough jobs, just like you, it is " Tough ".;)
9j29lw1.jpg

weliDBf.jpg

Nice pic mate, glad you've got plenty of stocks in there ;) Stay safe :thumbsup:

Nice to see your new camera in use Randy. Just Lambsfoot pics in this thread though please :thumbsup:

Hey Dwight! :) Great to see you here my friend, how're you keeping, hope everything is well with you and yours :) Fantastic pic, as always :) :thumbsup:

Looks like your Lamb has been getting some honest use Vince :) :thumbsup:

lK3Vw8k.jpg

That's a run of bad luck Randy, hope things are on the up and up for you now buddy :) Sounds like a good camera, I used to have an EOS myself back in the pre-digital days. Cool pic there :cool: Good point, it's worth having a back-up at the moment. I have an Ipad Mini in addition to my PC, but I can't remember the last time I used it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. Hot day here yesterday, but I had to stay at home as I was waiting for a courier company to pick up an item fraudulently sold on the big river site, gave me a time of 8am-8pm, and then didn't turn up :mad: Going to have to deal with them again today :thumbsdown: Still muggy here, but cloudy, and they are forecasting thunder storms and rain for the rest of the week o_O I believe our fellow Guardian @JohnDF has to go back to skool today, so good luck John, and I hope it all goes OK :thumbsup: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

bGnxlbG.jpg

Back