Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sorry to hear that Ron :( That's pretty rubbish about that feller, and not uncommon I would think (we had a Member of Parliament who behaved much the same) :thumbsdown: You can rely on Big Eb! :cool: Great pic Ron :) :thumbsup:
I personally think we have a moral and civic responsibility to do what we can. If a person knowingly endangers others they are being selfish and reckless! :thumbsdown: Big Eb is a favorite my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Ron. That cracking ebony you have there is almost as dark as the clouds over my house right about now. :rolleyes::D

I also miss Dave. He always posted funny cartoons that always hit the nail on the head.
Thanks for the compliment David! :) Sorry about the clouds! May you have brighter days ahead my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !
Pumpkin sourdough.
Long live the Lambsfoot and the carbohydrates :D

wkKLy1e.jpg

0p71uDQ.jpg

MpzZyR3.jpg

XdZ2GtD.jpg
Beautiful loaves Dan! What I’d give for a warm slice with some butter and Pumpkin Butter (similar to apple butter)! :D :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians :)
Baking extra loaves today as we want to share with some friends.
I have not told them yet, lol , as sourdough can be tricky and you never know until you open the oven if you got a pancake or a beautiful tall loaf
These are 3 pumpkin and 3 olive/garlic/feta cheese.
PLR2VnD.jpg
You say that as if getting a pancake is a bad thing. :confused::D
o_O:confused: That one person should be an elected official { see what i did there, didn't mention politics :D } because they do not live in the real world like the rest of us, and are out of touch with reality. They could put a new description in all English dictionaries from now on. Confusion- Covid or Corona Virus.:confused::confused::confused::D.
All Guardians, please take care and stay safe this week, with lockdowns and an election could be a volatile week everywhere.:):):)
Thanks, I'm doing my best to stay safe these days. The official restrictions are so contradictory from the city to county to state levels, with no meaningful enforcement anyway, that's all anyone can do.
Impressive flock photo, Rachel, and congrats on getting a stag HHB from Modoc ED Modoc ED ; plaudits to him for his generosity! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

This post reminds me that after my vacation in August, I had a big bunch of multi quotes saved up and ready to reply to as I intended to catch up on the 4 weeks or so I'd been silent at that point. But I woke up one morning to "process" my quotes, and the thread was shut down! Before I knew it, another couple of months went by!! :eek::rolleyes:
Welcome back, GT!

Morning Guardians. It's Monday.
Trying to spool myself up with a brew.
Hope everyone's well.:thumbsup:

jbE5tkV.jpg
Great cup! I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those!

I hope everyone has a reasonably pleasant Monday. I'm going to try to get my errands done, so I can hunker down the rest of the week. Whatever happens, I expect to be hungover on Wednesday.

Best wishes for your AC streak, Joshua! :):cool::cool:
I had no idea that the pile side of your AC was so gloriously dark! Did it come to you that way?

I hope the eye surgeries are completely successful and that you'll be better than ever real soon, Bill. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Your stag HHB is such a photogenic knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Vince, I ran across a little stack of Beatrix Potter books in the basement the other day. I enjoyed reading those to my daughter, and I think she enjoyed them as well. But The Roly Poly Pudding is SO creepy/scary IMHO!

Great to see that you got some camping in , Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That's a nice set-up you have with your trailer, and your son's little "custom build" is intriguing! Thanks for sharing all the pics.:)

Jack, I always look forward to the photos of your hikes, and am always struck by the bucolic surroundings you encounter so close to a major city!

I hope your ash slingshot works out well. Did you know that ash used to be the wood of choice for baseball bats?

Your fancy lambsfoot is an eye-opener!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

You take such pleasing photos of that splendid knife, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Black Jack has been with me for a week. Monday is rotation day.
View attachment 1447874

- GT
Hi there GT - thanks for your kind words. I have my right eye stitched shut for 2 weeks and I don't mind saying that it is a real pain in the... :eek:. Can't wait for the stitches to come out and for me to get back to a normal life agin.

Nice to see your '19 Kevin :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, I don't carry that one as much as it deserves.

Looking good, Kevin!:cool:
Thanks Dennis, the morning light was shining perfect that day.

Beautiful jigged bone WCLF, FBC, and a nice ball glove, too! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Are you a lefty?? That would explain so many things! :D;):p
Thanks Gary it's good to see ya. I am a south paw.....Wait, what does that explain??? ;):D

Good Old Jake
Looks wide awake! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Jake's always ready for work, haha.

50549374621_aed1a6adfd_h.jpg

Have a good week y'all.

There might be some ideas for unorthodox projectiles in my Dan Beard Boys' Handy books.
tdk9S4h.jpg

That looks like a great book Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

My cousin in York is in Hospice. His wife is visiting him every day until Thursday, then who knows. Must be terrible to be locked up with no visitors, or to have someone locked up and unvisitable. [No condolences necessary for me; I've met him about three times and her once.]

I haven't heard that expression before. Obviously a bad thing.

Bad news Jer :( As you say, who knows what will happen after Thursday :( :thumbsup:

Such good sense from yr hen wlad.
How did they weight the sticks? Molten lead in a drilled hole?
AZA9F4h.jpg

I read about the sticks as a lad. They had a name and were traditional here once. Lead-weighted, but I'm not sure how the lead was attached I'm afraid. I think they were small compared to other throwing sticks, maybe as small as six inches, with multiple sticks being carried. If I turn anything up on them I'll let you know Jer :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !
Pumpkin sourdough.
Long live the Lambsfoot and the carbohydrates :D

wkKLy1e.jpg

0p71uDQ.jpg

MpzZyR3.jpg

XdZ2GtD.jpg

Wow! Amazing Dan! :cool: Those loaves look absolutely delicious :) Well done :thumbsup:

Hey Jer. Yip your right.:thumbsup:
It's slang for rubbish, bad ect.

Does the word come from The Simpson's? It's only been in use a couple of decades hasn't it? :thumbsup:

Added pics to 45391 and 45399.
uEk4KVX.jpg

It's supposed to warm up this week.

And there was me thinking I was going daft! :D ;) :thumbsup:

You say that as if getting a pancake is a bad thing. :confused::D

:D :thumbsup:

I hope everyone has a reasonably pleasant Monday. I'm going to try to get my errands done, so I can hunker down the rest of the week. Whatever happens, I expect to be hungover on Wednesday.

Good plan ;) :thumbsup:

Hi there GT - thanks for your kind words. I have my right eye stitched shut for 2 weeks and I don't mind saying that it is a real pain in the... :eek:. Can't wait for the stitches to come out and for me to get back to a normal life agin.

Hope you're doing OK Bill, sounds pretty rotten :( :thumbsup:

Jack, some very nice photos of your HHB and I really like the interesting backdrops.

Thank you very much Bill :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I don't carry that one as much as it deserves.

Jake's always ready for work, haha.

50549374621_aed1a6adfd_h.jpg

Have a good week y'all.

That's true of lots of mine too Kevin :rolleyes: Jake is definitely a blue-collar knife ;) :thumbsup:

I think they were small compared to other throwing sticks, maybe as small as six inches, with multiple sticks being carried. If I turn anything up on them I'll let you know Jer
I'd appreciate it. Very cool. Sounds a little like Willie Garvin's skittles.

I think I have an estate sale boomerang around here somewhere.
PXg4IIA.jpg

Of course there's the non-elastic stone slinger, but I fear I might lose some windows before I got the knack.

I have my right eye stitched shut for 2 weeks and I don't mind saying that it is a real pain in the... :eek:. Can't wait for the stitches to come out and for me to get back to a normal life agin.

Bill Onebigbill Onebigbill - You have a package coming today that will hopefully cheer you up. Keep an eye out for it.:rolleyes: Pun Intended!! Run your tracking number I sent via PM.:)

I had my lambsfoot during our camp out, but the only use it saw was to remove a splinter from my finger. We were skewering hot dogs and marshmallows rather than slicing food. And instead of whittling sticks, we watched our sons shoot each other in airsoft wars while we sat around the campfire talking. Today I took a picture of the AC in my Uncle’s old Stetson hat that I was given by my aunt when he passed away.

8FA6790B-5317-445B-8C2B-3D919D952B1F.jpeg

I'd appreciate it. Very cool. Sounds a little like Willie Garvin's skittles.

I think I have an estate sale boomerang around here somewhere.
PXg4IIA.jpg

Of course there's the non-elastic stone slinger, but I fear I might lose some windows before I got the knack.

I had to look that up to Jer, very interesting :thumbsup: I think the squirrel info might have been in a book by Jack Cox (who definitely deserves a wikipedia entry!). I'll see what I can turn up :thumbsup:

83W1ZUC.jpg

I had my lambsfoot during our camp out, but the only use it saw was to remove a splinter from my finger. We were skewering hot dogs and marshmallows rather than slicing food. And instead of whittling sticks, we watched our sons shoot each other in airsoft wars while we sat around the campfire talking. Today I took a picture of the AC in my Uncle’s old Stetson hat that I was given by my aunt when he passed away.

View attachment 1448112

Sounds like a nice trip Joshua :) Your Stetson is a lovely memento, particularly for an outdoor feller like yourself, and it shows off your AC well :thumbsup:

Another Monday payroll day, our program didn’t pick up the Daylight Savings, so had to manually add hours to all night shift employees for Saturday night.
View attachment 1448116

Sounds like you're hard at work Chuck :( Your Lambsfoot is taking on some great character :) :thumbsup:

It's another dark, cold, and windy evening here in Yorkshire, and raining hard outside. Not even 7.00pm yet, but I'm glad to be snug indoors, and I just remembered I have some leftover blackberry crumble in the fridge, so I'll be having that with some custard shortly :) :thumbsup:

ogfbWyl.jpg

Back