1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Hey Jer. Yip your right.:thumbsup:
    It's slang for rubbish, bad ect.

chuck4570 and scrteened porch like this.
  2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I personally think we have a moral and civic responsibility to do what we can. If a person knowingly endangers others they are being selfish and reckless! :thumbsdown: Big Eb is a favorite my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks for the compliment David! :) Sorry about the clouds! May you have brighter days ahead my friend! :) :thumbsup:

3. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Beautiful loaves Dan! What I’d give for a warm slice with some butter and Pumpkin Butter (similar to apple butter)! :D :thumbsup:

4. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thank you Ron, I would love to go south to Tennessee and do just that ... with coffee and pocket knives all around :thumbsup::)

mitch4ging, chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Added pics to 45391 and 45399.
    [​IMG]
    It's supposed to warm up this week.

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    You say that as if getting a pancake is a bad thing. :confused::D
    Thanks, I'm doing my best to stay safe these days. The official restrictions are so contradictory from the city to county to state levels, with no meaningful enforcement anyway, that's all anyone can do.
    Welcome back, GT!

Great cup! I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those!

I hope everyone has a reasonably pleasant Monday. I'm going to try to get my errands done, so I can hunker down the rest of the week. Whatever happens, I expect to be hungover on Wednesday.

mitch4ging, btb01, donn and 8 others like this.
  7. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    lol :thumbsup:
    Thanks for the laughs Rachel :D !

8. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Hi there GT - thanks for your kind words. I have my right eye stitched shut for 2 weeks and I don't mind saying that it is a real pain in the... :eek:. Can't wait for the stitches to come out and for me to get back to a normal life agin.

Ramrodmb, chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  9. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Jack, some very nice photos of your HHB and I really like the interesting backdrops.

chuck4570 likes this.
  10. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

WHT, chuck4570, Dschal and 1 other person like this.
  11. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks Jack, I don't carry that one as much as it deserves.

Thanks Dennis, the morning light was shining perfect that day.

Thanks Gary it's good to see ya. I am a south paw.....Wait, what does that explain??? ;):D

Jake's always ready for work, haha.

[​IMG]
    Have a good week y'all.

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That looks like a great book Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Bad news Jer :( As you say, who knows what will happen after Thursday :( :thumbsup:

I read about the sticks as a lad. They had a name and were traditional here once. Lead-weighted, but I'm not sure how the lead was attached I'm afraid. I think they were small compared to other throwing sticks, maybe as small as six inches, with multiple sticks being carried. If I turn anything up on them I'll let you know Jer :thumbsup:

Wow! Amazing Dan! :cool: Those loaves look absolutely delicious :) Well done :thumbsup:

Does the word come from The Simpson's? It's only been in use a couple of decades hasn't it? :thumbsup:

And there was me thinking I was going daft! :D ;) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Good plan ;) :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK Bill, sounds pretty rotten :( :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Bill :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That's true of lots of mine too Kevin :rolleyes: Jake is definitely a blue-collar knife ;) :thumbsup:

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I got a new cup myself today :)

[​IMG]

It's not quite as nice as my other kuksa, but it holds more ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I'd appreciate it. Very cool. Sounds a little like Willie Garvin's skittles.

I think I have an estate sale boomerang around here somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    Of course there's the non-elastic stone slinger, but I fear I might lose some windows before I got the knack.

15. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    That sounds like a plan my friend! :) :thumbsup:

chuck4570 and CelloDan like this.
  16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Bill @Onebigbill - You have a package coming today that will hopefully cheer you up. Keep an eye out for it.:rolleyes: Pun Intended!! Run your tracking number I sent via PM.:)

17. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Outstanding Dan! Bravo!

chuck4570 and CelloDan like this.
  18. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I had my lambsfoot during our camp out, but the only use it saw was to remove a splinter from my finger. We were skewering hot dogs and marshmallows rather than slicing food. And instead of whittling sticks, we watched our sons shoot each other in airsoft wars while we sat around the campfire talking. Today I took a picture of the AC in my Uncle’s old Stetson hat that I was given by my aunt when he passed away.

8FA6790B-5317-445B-8C2B-3D919D952B1F.jpeg

19. chuck4570

chuck4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Another Monday payroll day, our program didn’t pick up the Daylight Savings, so had to manually add hours to all night shift employees for Saturday night.
    CF35095F-9883-4F5B-8554-E848A598976D.jpeg

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I had to look that up to Jer, very interesting :thumbsup: I think the squirrel info might have been in a book by Jack Cox (who definitely deserves a wikipedia entry!). I'll see what I can turn up :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Sounds like a nice trip Joshua :) Your Stetson is a lovely memento, particularly for an outdoor feller like yourself, and it shows off your AC well :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're hard at work Chuck :( Your Lambsfoot is taking on some great character :) :thumbsup:

It's another dark, cold, and windy evening here in Yorkshire, and raining hard outside. Not even 7.00pm yet, but I'm glad to be snug indoors, and I just remembered I have some leftover blackberry crumble in the fridge, so I'll be having that with some custard shortly :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]