1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I'm glad your like them Bill @Onebigbill. I thought they'd go nicely with your Hartshead and keep it company. Enjoy and rest easy.

2. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    @Modoc ED...Ed, I'm very excited to own these two fine lamb foot knifes that you gifted to me. Made my week:D. They already like their new home with my HHB.:)

Prester John, Modoc ED and r8shell like this.
  3. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Thanks Ron. I'm excited to have them. I've been lusting after the Ironwood example and the Ebony is a real bonus. Both knives are very well made too. Almost forgot to mention that the photo of your HHB is very nice - great stag covers my friend.

4. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Not if our guvmnt have anything to do with it I won't. But cheers anyway. :thumbsup:

Cheers Rachel, a nice compliment coming from a southern lady like yourself. :D

Yip. them's pants. :D:thumbsup:

Now that ain't no squirrel stick. :D
    That crumble looks delicious. It's certainly soup weather now.

Thanks for posting all that Jack. I'd never heard of squoyling. I guess squirrels must of been a lot more numerous back in the day.

Better get ya skates on there Dan. :D:thumbsup:

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    We had a bit of snow Sunday, but it's sunny and 70-ish for the rest of the week here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Crazy Canuck, donn, Ramrodmb and 8 others like this.
  6. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
  7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Congratulations Bill :thumbsup:

It was bound to happen sometime Dan :eek: ;) At least you'll be able to find your Lambsfoot easily if you drop it ;) :D :thumbsup:

We have the highest per-capita incarceration rate in Europe Ron :eek:

I've saved a couple for breakfast Ron ;) :D :thumbsup:

I really like the stag on that one my friend :) :thumbsup:

I thought I heard someone call for a priest! :eek: ;) :D Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

According to the article, it was one of the main reasons red squirrels became LESS numerous :eek: It's an odd name isn't it? :thumbsup:

BTW @scrteened porch has taken the squirrel discussion to the Lounge, if anyone is interested :thumbsup:

Topical pic my friend :thumbsup:

The word on the street is that the market won't be open this Thursday :( Which means I won't see my pal, and won't be able to borrow his angle-grinder for my latest slingshot project :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool shades Jer, go well with your Big 'Un :) :thumbsup:

scrteened porch likes this.
  9. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    When I was looking for backstop ideas on Google image search, one of the photos linked to a U.K. article titled, “Garden Airgunning — Is It Legal?” :rolleyes:

The same guy that gave me the port or sherry or whatever it was once gave me a bottle of Hungarian Tokaji. That was some cloyingly sweet stuff!

I’d imagine so, Jack. He’s had two solo albums since splitting from Old Crow Medicine Show, so he doesn’t have a huge catalogue of songs. On the other hand, I also wouldn’t be surprised if he plays some old folk stuff that he hasn’t recorded when he does a live show. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to see him play live on his own. I had tickets to see him in Phoenix, but I bought them before we moved to MN, and the show was a month after we moved.

That was sculpted? :confused: I just assumed it was a natural formation that was named after something that it vaguely resembled. :D

Glad you enjoyed it, Ron! :thumbsup:

That’s great, Joshua. I just recently started reading bits of longer books to Eleanor (4 years old) before bed every night. Our first was The Hobbit, which we finished last week.

Great photos, Dennis! Sounds like a good time! :thumbsup:

Who’s on first? :confused:

I like that mug, David! :thumbsup: :D

It looks a bit similar to this mug I ordered from Laphroaig a few years back, which was also thinner/lighter than I’d usually prefer.

[​IMG]

:D :D

It’s too bad they can’t regrow their tails like a lizard, you could have a replenishing income source (assuming you could catch ‘em alive, of course). ;)

Hey, if you get some extra time on your hands with the lockdown, you could always write one! ;) :D

It’s been a while since I had any kind of donut. I don’t usually go for the filled ones, but right now it sounds pretty good! :thumbsup:

The horror! :eek: ;) If that was back home in Arkansas, the schools would all be closed, cars would be abandoned in ditches and there wouldn’t be a single loaf of bread, gallon of milk or carton of eggs left on the store shelves (pandemic or no). :D

Crazy Canuck, Pàdruig, donn and 8 others like this.
  10. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    The AC isn’t much help keyboarding.
    8F291C24-A291-4589-9AAB-C277A7B1F08A.jpeg

Crazy Canuck, WHT, Dschal and 7 others like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    :eek: I'm going to have to check that one out! :D :thumbsup:

When I was about 7, another lad in my class shot his neighbour in the backside with an air-rifle. The police were called. They told his mother she ought to take the gun off him and give it him back when he was a little older. Times have changed o_O

:D :thumbsup:

That's a shame mate, I think I remember you mentioning that Phoenix show before :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Yeah, you should see the bloke they used to build the roads round here! :D :thumbsup:

Yeah, ten bob was a decent sum when I were a lad! :D I was looking up the history of the bounty, and according to what I read, it was dropped a couple of years before I was born! So, I don't know if there was just a local scheme, or if it was the park-keeper who felt sorry for us! :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

I also prefer ring-doughnuts Barrett, but I generally eschew doughnuts of all kinds - because I can eat a lot of them! :eek: :D :thumbsup: At the time we first went to lockdown here back in March, I had given up both alcohol and sugar....Hmmm :rolleyes:

It's just like that here! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

scrteened porch, btb01 and CelloDan like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It looks good though :D You should name it 'Moneypenny' ;) :D :thumbsup:

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Bill! Again, congratulations on your new additions! :)

:eek: ;) :D

I was only kidding about the prisons Jack! I actually had no idea about the incarceration rates. :( I’m very fond of the stag on my Hartshead Jack! :) :thumbsup:

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Oh, no worries Ron, I knew you were joking :) Historically, the main reason incarceration rates increased was that there were no colonies left for the British Crown to deport people to! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

btb01 likes this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

16. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Moneypenny would be a great name! If only I were James Bond. . .:D

Jack Black likes this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I understand there is a vacancy :( :thumbsup:

To Big Tam Connery, as friends of mine once knew him :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks pal! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  19. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :D:D:D:D:D:D That is how we kicked off, you blokes sending the overflow over here.:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Jack Black likes this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes indeed! :rolleyes: Transportation from Britain was originally to the Americas (and to Africa), not just for convicts, but for ordinary people who were 'spirited away' from villages and country lanes all over England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. The American Revolution presented a problem in this (and obviously other) respect, and we see the growth in incarceration in the UK, and transportation to Australia and Van Diemen's Land. A good few Sheffield cutlers went that way. A few even came back! :rolleyes: You seem to have done alright from it mate, a total lack of snobbishness (from what I can see), and a rich culture and language :) :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.