Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I understand there is a vacancy :( :thumbsup:

To Big Tam Connery, as friends of mine once knew him :) :thumbsup:

ovA5RVY.jpg
Yes, truly sad, but he had a full life, too. Moneypenny it shall be (at least today!) as a tribute!

:eek: I'm going to have to check that one out! :D :thumbsup:

When I was about 7, another lad in my class shot his neighbour in the backside with an air-rifle. The police were called. They told his mother she ought to take the gun off him and give it him back when he was a little older. Times have changed
I think I saw a BBC feature yesterday about the volunteer army air-gunning something verminous. I'll see if I can find it.

I found my longer squirrel hammer!
1hdxCV6.jpg

Hornbeam on tulip. I don't remember any thought going into the shape of the knob; it was probably just the easiest use of what I had.

I think I saw a BBC feature yesterday about the volunteer army air-gunning something verminous. I'll see if I can find it.

I found my longer squirrel hammer!
1hdxCV6.jpg

Hornbeam on tulip. I don't remember any thought going into the shape of the knob; it was probably just the easiest use of what I had.

Was that in Wales Jer? I wasn't sure you were entirely serious about the squirrel hammer, but that's nicely made :thumbsup:

Some nice colours in the woods today :) :thumbsup:

tyBtm9k.jpg

E0TjZ9w.jpg

mg1LNiD.jpg

DJO8gbZ.jpg

ctT8Jml.jpg

VL8Fmvt.jpg

xGumcpM.jpg

Quite a few squirrels too - Hold back Jer 'The Hammer'! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

pXZJxwe.jpg

I was hoping to find a few tree forks to make catapults from, but only found one, and it's quite a whittling project :rolleyes: I made a good start in the garden this afternoon though :) :thumbsup:

uYCt5WY.jpg

Good morning Guardians! The lighting is poor for photos this morning. I’ve got my Ironwood Big ‘un in my pocket. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50566274477_940a53d3f9_o_d.jpg

Nice photo there Ron, and a great-looking Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Ace pic Dwight
Thank you Jack
Awsome shot, Dwight! Great looking DamRam!
Very cool foto, Dwight!
Thanks Dennis. Love the camping pics and especially Henry. :)

Dwight, it's wonderful to see that you've returned during my posting absence!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'm enjoying all your grand lambsfoot knives and the amazing photos of them you've been posting. I wanted to single out this photo because it put me into a time machine! ;) I put in a lot of hours on a Farmall H just like that when I was a kid. For many years back on the farm, our "big" tractor was a Farmall M (eventually replaced by a Case 630 when I got into high school I think) that was used for mowing hay, towing the baler and wagon, planting corn, picking corn. I often drove the H for raking hay, transporting loads of bales back to the barn where a brother and I put them up in the barn, then returned the empty wagons to the hayfield, lather/rinse/repeat "until the cows came home" and had to be milked.
I know what you mean my friend. Old tractors bring back lots of memories for me as well.:) Black Jack is still looking might hale!

IMG_5429.jpeg

Some nice colours in the woods today :) :thumbsup:

tyBtm9k.jpg

E0TjZ9w.jpg

mg1LNiD.jpg

DJO8gbZ.jpg

ctT8Jml.jpg

VL8Fmvt.jpg

xGumcpM.jpg

Quite a few squirrels too - Hold back Jer 'The Hammer'! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

pXZJxwe.jpg

I was hoping to find a few tree forks to make catapults from, but only found one, and it's quite a whittling project :rolleyes: I made a good start in the garden this afternoon though :) :thumbsup:

uYCt5WY.jpg
Beautiful photos of the fall season and also nice shots of your HHB. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that cherry wood that you harvested for your next sling shot? Just curious.o_O Looks like you had a very nice stroll.:D

Was that in Wales Jer? I wasn't sure you were entirely serious about the squirrel hammer, but that's nicely made :thumbsup:
I should have paid more attention at the time, and I can't find the story again.

Thanks. I think I need to cut it a little shorter.
I also need to get a hay bale to throw these things at.

Big thanks to CelloDan CelloDan for trail-blazing the Pumpkin Sourdough path! My version is more pedestrian than his, but turned out very tasty—and I used up one of the pumpkins!
1QfSfoi.jpg

Oh yeah :thumbsup::)
Very nice pumpkin sourdough loaves Dave :thumbsup: !
I enjoyed sharing our sourdough ideas and wondered a few times today how they had turned out.
Thanks for the kind words and for pointing me in the right direction so I could fall straight into the sourdough rabbit hole lol :)

Back