Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pics, the patina is looking really good :) :thumbsup:

Every time I carry one of these old Lambs, I am struck by how good the steel is, and how easy it is to get it shaving sharp. Better steel and better grinds. Nobody carried this knife for its good looks ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, WHT, mcc850 and 11 others like this.
  2. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Sorry about your lousy weather there Jack:eek:. Hope that there isn't any damage, etc.:thumbsup: Today is shaping up rather nicely here in the Cape Fear Region. Sunny right now but chilly at 30 degrees F and going up to 57:). Lots to do today. I'll have this one with me.
    IMG_2776.JPG

Crazy Canuck, WHT, mcc850 and 9 others like this.
  3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Bill, well I don't know what it is like elsewhere, and the worst isn't due until later, but here in Leeds, while it rained heavily all morning, it's now stopped :rolleyes: I'd go out for some exercise, but having just had a delivery of a dozen cases of beer, I think I've had my share for today! :D ;) I'm pleased to hear it's nicer there though my friend, hope you get everything done :) I watched Cape Fear (original) last night :) :thumbsup:

Onebigbill and mcc850 like this.
  4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    "Arm, arm and out!"
    [​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, WHT, mcc850 and 8 others like this.
  5. brewbear

brewbear Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Edited to respect sub-forum guidelines.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Have you read post #1 or the sub-forum guidelines yet?! :rolleyes:

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. "

Onebigbill and brewbear like this.
  7. RobbW

RobbW Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Hi brewbear(like the name), you pose an interesting series of questions, but this thread is about Lambfoot knives and experiences with Lambfoot knives. Jack Black, the OP, does a great job moderating this thread and keeping us focused on Lambfoot knives, but he shouldn’t always have to bear the brunt of that, so I’m stepping in with a friendly reminder.

Your questions might to better in a thread of their own, provided you focus on the experience of shopping in factory stores more than actual pricing, which discussion is also discouraged. I bet you get an informative conversation in a dedicated thread.

Edited to add: I see that Jack just edged me out! I told you he does a great job moderating. Sorry you beat me, Jack.

I do have both of Charlie’s Lambfoots, but don’t use them so I only consider myself half a guardian. :) Someday though when the world opens up again I hope to get one in person in the UK.

Nature Boy and brewbear like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Good composition Jer :thumbsup:

scrteened porch likes this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Robb :) :thumbsup:

10. RobbW

RobbW Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Da nada. I haven’t been around much, but when I am this is one of my “go to” threads. I enjoy it very much and appreciate how clean and on topic you keep it. It’s an excellent thread precisely because of your vision and labor. Thank YOU.

Jack Black and brewbear like this.
  11. brewbear

Nov 14, 2019
    Yes Sir, I have read it, I was only asking for a yes or no answer but I see your point and as such I removed my post and I apologize for the misstep.
    Thank you for the gentle reminder and the advice.

Old Engineer, r8shell and Jack Black like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you, that's very kind, it hasn't always been easy, but I am always grateful for friendly assistance from my fellow Guardians :) It's always good to see you here my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you @brewbear, that's much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thought I'd try one of the beers I got delivered early, not had this one before :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, donn, WHT and 9 others like this.
  14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    They were made as work knives. :thumbsup: . We should never forget their original purpose, and thanks to the Guardians Thread their history.:);).

Jack Black likes this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

WHT, Onebigbill, Ramrodmb and 5 others like this.
  16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I hope you are keeping well in the dismal weather, @Jack Black - looks like you have some good blades and some fine brews to keep you company while things blow over.

I am almost finished with dry January. I took receipt of these bottles today, I will be trying them out at the month's end. I hope you all are keeping well!

[​IMG]

17. brewbear

Nov 14, 2019
    This picture brings tears to my eyes! I miss a good cigar and since I work 12+ hours days, I stay away from those wonderful elixirs that dull the senses. I miss them both but life goes on, enjoy them in good health. One of these days.....but retirement is far away:(

Pàdruig likes this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Nature Boy, WHT, Onebigbill and 4 others like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Very true :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I'm OK here, but there's a fair bit of flooding round abouts, and worse to come it seems. York is affected, as per usual (no idea who was daft enough to park so close to the river). The city floods so regularly that I even have a stock Hartshead Barlow pic! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will miss the Jorvik Viking Festival this year :(

[​IMG]

I am stocked up to the rafters Dylan, but strangely, I haven't felt like drinking much this past week, think I've only had 3 beers :rolleyes: Good for you mate, it looks like you have some nice 'rewards' waiting there :) Great shot of your AC :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well :) Stay safe out there today :thumbsup:

I'm pocketing my Charlie Lamb ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

20. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    Hello,
    Good Wednesday to all.
    Some pictures to have fun. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, tmd_87, Pt-Luso and 7 others like this.