Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

today651.jpg

today650.jpg

Have a nice day.

Nice pics, the patina is looking really good :) :thumbsup:

Every time I carry one of these old Lambs, I am struck by how good the steel is, and how easy it is to get it shaving sharp. Better steel and better grinds. Nobody carried this knife for its good looks ;) :thumbsup:

TKqkbEe.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting us on the map Barrett ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, miserable weather here, and due to get worse o_O Hope the rest of you are getting some sunshine, with brighter days ahead :) Thought I'd carry this older TEW today. Most of the older ones I come across have these cheap Bexoid covers, but the steel is good. Take care out there Guardians, and have a good day :thumbsup:

FCi8Flt.jpg
Sorry about your lousy weather there Jack:eek:. Hope that there isn't any damage, etc.:thumbsup: Today is shaping up rather nicely here in the Cape Fear Region. Sunny right now but chilly at 30 degrees F and going up to 57:). Lots to do today. I'll have this one with me.
IMG_2776.JPG

Sorry about your lousy weather there Jack:eek:. Hope that there isn't any damage, etc.:thumbsup: Today is shaping up rather nicely here in the Cape Fear Region. Sunny right now but chilly at 30 degrees F and going up to 57:). Lots to do today. I'll have this one with me.
View attachment 1493784

Thanks Bill, well I don't know what it is like elsewhere, and the worst isn't due until later, but here in Leeds, while it rained heavily all morning, it's now stopped :rolleyes: I'd go out for some exercise, but having just had a delivery of a dozen cases of beer, I think I've had my share for today! :D ;) I'm pleased to hear it's nicer there though my friend, hope you get everything done :) I watched Cape Fear (original) last night :) :thumbsup:

Question for you folks. Given that these days we are limited in our travels and aren't able to walk into a store looking for whatever we want (Lambsfoot-sies and such) and the fact that such items are more than scarce around here, have you ordered a knife from the manufacturer? I am not talking SFO or custom orders, just run of the mill knives. If you did, what was your experience? Was the pricing higher or lower than in a shop? This last question is prompted by my experience in Napa and Sonoma valleys where some wines were priced higher at the vinyard's/winery's store than in the specialty wine shops we usually go to (ahh, memories).

Have you read post #1 or the sub-forum guidelines yet?! :rolleyes:

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. "

Hi brewbear(like the name), you pose an interesting series of questions, but this thread is about Lambfoot knives and experiences with Lambfoot knives. Jack Black, the OP, does a great job moderating this thread and keeping us focused on Lambfoot knives, but he shouldn’t always have to bear the brunt of that, so I’m stepping in with a friendly reminder.

Your questions might to better in a thread of their own, provided you focus on the experience of shopping in factory stores more than actual pricing, which discussion is also discouraged. I bet you get an informative conversation in a dedicated thread.

Edited to add: I see that Jack just edged me out! I told you he does a great job moderating. Sorry you beat me, Jack.

I do have both of Charlie’s Lambfoots, but don’t use them so I only consider myself half a guardian. :) Someday though when the world opens up again I hope to get one in person in the UK.

Hi brewbear(like the name), you pose an interesting series of questions, but this thread is about Lambfoot knives and experiences with Lambfoot knives. Jack Black, the OP, does a great job moderating this thread and keeping us focused on Lambfoot knives, but he shouldn’t always have to bear the brunt of that, so I’m stepping in with a friendly reminder.

Your questions might to better in a thread of their own, provided you focus on the experience of shopping in factory stores more than actual pricing, which discussion is also discouraged. I bet you get an informative conversation in a dedicated thread.

Thank you very much Robb :) :thumbsup:

Da nada. I haven’t been around much, but when I am this is one of my “go to” threads. I enjoy it very much and appreciate how clean and on topic you keep it. It’s an excellent thread precisely because of your vision and labor. Thank YOU.

Have you read post #1 or the sub-forum guidelines yet?! :rolleyes:

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. "
Yes Sir, I have read it, I was only asking for a yes or no answer but I see your point and as such I removed my post and I apologize for the misstep.

Thank you for the gentle reminder and the advice.

Da nada. I haven’t been around much, but when I am this is one of my “go to” threads. I enjoy it very much and appreciate how clean and on topic you keep it. It’s an excellent thread precisely because of your vision and labor. Thank YOU.

Thank you, that's very kind, it hasn't always been easy, but I am always grateful for friendly assistance from my fellow Guardians :) It's always good to see you here my friend :thumbsup:

Yes Sir, I have read it, I was only asking for a yes or no answer but I see your point and as such I removed my post and I apologize for the misstep.

Thank you for the gentle reminder and the advice.

Thank you B brewbear , that's much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

I hope you are keeping well in the dismal weather, Jack Black Jack Black - looks like you have some good blades and some fine brews to keep you company while things blow over.

I am almost finished with dry January. I took receipt of these bottles today, I will be trying them out at the month's end. I hope you all are keeping well!

ZG8Ki4F.jpg

I hope you are keeping well in the dismal weather, Jack Black Jack Black - looks like you have some good blades and some fine brews to keep you company while things blow over.

I am almost finished with dry January. I took receipt of these bottles today, I will be trying them out at the month's end. I hope you all are keeping well!

ZG8Ki4F.jpg
This picture brings tears to my eyes! I miss a good cigar and since I work 12+ hours days, I stay away from those wonderful elixirs that dull the senses. I miss them both but life goes on, enjoy them in good health. One of these days.....but retirement is far away:(

They were made as work knives. :thumbsup: . We should never forget their original purpose, and thanks to the Guardians Thread their history.:);).

Very true :) :thumbsup:

ZG8Ki4F.jpg

Thanks pal, I'm OK here, but there's a fair bit of flooding round abouts, and worse to come it seems. York is affected, as per usual (no idea who was daft enough to park so close to the river). The city floods so regularly that I even have a stock Hartshead Barlow pic! :D

kings-staith-york-flood-feb-2020.jpg

FauIiVy.jpg

I will miss the Jorvik Viking Festival this year :(

yAVTsbe.jpg

I am stocked up to the rafters Dylan, but strangely, I haven't felt like drinking much this past week, think I've only had 3 beers :rolleyes: Good for you mate, it looks like you have some nice 'rewards' waiting there :) Great shot of your AC :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well :) Stay safe out there today :thumbsup:

I'm pocketing my Charlie Lamb ;) :thumbsup:

PQgqKaI.jpg

Back