Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    :D:D:D:thumbsup:

They want all the pies themselves!!! :mad::mad:o_O:rolleyes:

2. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Sounds like it.:p:p:p.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Jack Black likes this.
  3. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Rapt!!
    I just won a Herbert Robinson, Sheffield Real Lambsfoot! :):thumbsup:

4. brewbear

brewbear Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Spring has sprung.....or is about to :cool:
    [​IMG]
    And a better picture of the same lambsfoot
    [​IMG]

donn, Modoc ED, Pt-Luso and 6 others like this.
  5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    As I was catching up in the thread today, I realized it's been a little while since a lambsfoot has been carried... Decided to correct that. Ebony big 'un with me now.

Also have to show off a slingshot that arrived today. Like the lambsfoot it came from Sheffield, and also like the lambsfoot, was a gift from a friend who carved it from an ash fork.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone has a great end to the week and an even better weekend!

peanutsxx, Fodderwing, donn and 10 others like this.
  6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Did it work?

Those old Niagara Falls Carborundum stones are great, and that's a nice one. Not dished out yet. :thumbsup:

7. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You too mate.:) Been a good week, you're around as well as Denis, good to see.:).

Crazy Canuck and Jack Black like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow! Congratulations mate, can't wait to see it :cool: If I remember correctly, Ron used to have a Herbert Robinson, and it was a stunner :) :thumbsup:

It certainly has! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Mike, your Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un is looking good :) That's a very nicely-made slingshot my friend, how do you find the tab set-up? :thumbsup:

Not sure, she was a mean old woman, and I think cold germs would have given her a wide berth anyway :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, we've made it through another week! :rolleyes: It doesn't look like a bad day here, and I'll be going out for some exercise, and to pick up a bit of shopping, before it changes its mind ;) Carrying an Old Friend in the form of my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Fodderwing, WHT, donn and 4 others like this.
  9. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Have a good Day.
    The handle is really beautiful.

10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Jack my friend, I don’t think it will be as good as Ron’s - will have to try and find his one - this one that I just won has the fairly generic Jig Work - poor photos so I don’t really know what the Blade is like but I think it’s pretty good - although it has a wee bit of surface rust in a few places.
    I do like the font of the stamping.
    I will certainly will post it up when I get it. :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend, have a good day yourself :) :thumbsup:

Here's Ron's wonderful example (a few more links in the thread index), I am looking forward to seeing yours my friend :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Since I've missed most of our National Pie Week, I thought I'd have a Pie Day :) It hasn't got off to a good start though, look at the state of this apple pie I bought (boxed) at the supermarket, it isn't even baked properly :mad:

[​IMG]

13. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Thanks Jack. My first and only Big 'Un, and it couldn't be better. I almost want to call it a lambsword compared to the little ones ;)

The slingshot is pretty neat. The tabs take some getting used to, but they're a great way to attach the tubes, and definitely reduce wear for a longer band life.

Shame about your pie too! We picked up a cherry pie the other day that was a bit overdone. Crust falling apart and crumbly. Thankfully it still tasted great, but very messy :p

TGIF!!

Jack Black likes this.
  14. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Eating healthy this morning:D.
    IMG_2951.JPG

peanutsxx, Fodderwing, WHT and 8 others like this.
  15. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Sorry 'bout the apple pie my friend:(. Just throw a little vanilla ice cream on it and it'll be fine!:D Maybe warm it ip a bit first then throw on a big scoop of ice cream:thumbsup:

brewbear and Crazy Canuck like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, it's a very different knife isn't it? :D I tabbed up a slingshot with some heavy tubes, which were a bit short for my draw length, but they're a bit heavy for the tabs - and for me! :rolleyes: Thanks mate, it's still only partly cooked in the middle, so I'll have to see if I can do something about it, even though the centre has collapsed o_O I wish I'd opted for the cherry pie now ;) :thumbsup:

That's the healthy way to eat an apple Bill, cool shot :thumbsup:

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Bill, I think I'll try putting foil over it, and put it in the oven for ten minutes. I don't fancy eating that half-cooked pastry o_O I don't have any ice-cream in I'm afraid, but maybe I'll have it with custard :) :thumbsup:

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Finally got my pie! :) :D ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    WCLF.

[​IMG]

20. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Speaking of pies, I found the white thing on the right that says just "Germany" on it while looking for something else. I think it must be a pie-funnel. The blackbird is Chinese and the Wade is Vietnamese (but designed in England, I'm sure. Great Aunt Edie had one just like it).
    [​IMG]

CelloDan, Onebigbill, WHT and 5 others like this.