Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

VQE1fcE.jpg
This Wright and Sons was gifted to me by Jack Black just over four years ago. It very rarely gets carried, but probably sees more action than any knife I DO carry. It’s become my bench knife.

A hobby of mine is making artificial fishing baits, and I use it to trim any flashing off of my baits once they’ve cooled. I also taught myself to sew this winter and have been sewing camping hammocks, tarps, etc. all year, and the lambsfoot sees plenty of action in that arena as well. Basically anywhere others would use a hobby knife I reach for this one and think of my old friend Jack and his endless generosity.

Jack Black

Gold Member
LOL Jack. Where do I start?
Holy Crap!
It reminds me of the time I returned to Manchester a few years after the IRA had put a hole in the middle of it, and....
everything had changed!
It's just taken me ten minutes to figure out how to do this. I've got to say I quite like it and I'm sure I'll get used to things so kudos to whoever had the bright idea to redecorate.
Unfortunately I am buried under a mountain of paperwork and have been and continue to be extremely busy, which will continue beyond the local elections (aka the turkey vote) on May 6th. But I've got out a couple of times in the past few weeks to escape the s-show. Unfortunately I just can't see me being around much for a while longer yet as this circus is just getting started.

Now let me try and post some random pics...
DyezGzi.jpg

XCoU6Rn.jpg

HLfqqzZ.jpg

And no thanks to HMG UK.....
gnBQ6GK.jpg

🤬😡😡🤬

Hope everyone is well.
:eek:😀:thumbsup: You're a faster learner than some of us mate! :oops: (So many emojis, so little choice! 😒)

Sorry to hear you're still up to your neck in it David, it's great to see you here, and those are wonderful photos. I'm glad you were able to get on parole at least once or twice! 😉 :thumbsup:
VQE1fcE.jpg
This Wright and Sons was gifted to me by Jack Black just over four years ago. It very rarely gets carried, but probably sees more action than any knife I DO carry. It’s become my bench knife.

A hobby of mine is making artificial fishing baits, and I use it to trim any flashing off of my baits once they’ve cooled. I also taught myself to sew this winter and have been sewing camping hammocks, tarps, etc. all year, and the lambsfoot sees plenty of action in that arena as well. Basically anywhere others would use a hobby knife I reach for this one and think of my old friend Jack and his endless generosity.
Hey buddy, what a treat to see you here! :) I'm glad you're finding a use for that Lambsfoot, they're a good working knife :thumbsup:

That's an interesting hobby, I used to love to make artificial lures of all types as a kid, and tie flies too, but I never made anything like that :cool: Great to hear about the sewing too, good for you :) Thank you for your kind words my friend, it really is great to see you here :thumbsup:

Fabulous colours on that wood Dwight :) Looks particularly good on the larger Lamb :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I've had an eventful time dealing with the police and paramedics, after a neighbour collapsed late last night. Someone with a rather unhealthy lifestyle I'm afraid, and I doubt it will be the last time. I'm absolutely shattered after getting little sleep, while I saw the neighbour happily skipping down the road to the pharmacy and booze shop early this morning 🙄 I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. We have a holiday here today, but I don't think I'll be doing anything, except having a snooze perhaps. Being self-employed, I do have some work to do, but might have to put if off, if it's to be done right (I've already shorted out my toaster, stumbling around this morning) 🤨 I hope that everyone else's week gets off to a better start, and that you get to do something with your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

oSqWxcx.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
Hello Guardians :)
Here is my cherished ebony lambsfoot at around this time last year enjoying the Trillium flowers in bloom.
I am quite attached to it, especially after all what I put it trough in our countless walks together :)

uw6naXK.jpg

Good to see you both here Dan, hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Fodderwing

Gold Member
:eek:😀:thumbsup: You're a faster learner than some of us mate! :oops: (So many emojis, so little choice! 😒)

Sorry to hear you're still up to your neck in it David, it's great to see you here, and those are wonderful photos. I'm glad you were able to get on parole at least once or twice! 😉 :thumbsup:

Hey buddy, what a treat to see you here! :) I'm glad you're finding a use for that Lambsfoot, they're a good working knife :thumbsup:

That's an interesting hobby, I used to love to make artificial lures of all types as a kid, and tie flies too, but I never made anything like that :cool: Great to hear about the sewing too, good for you :) Thank you for your kind words my friend, it really is great to see you here :thumbsup:

Fabulous colours on that wood Dwight :) Looks particularly good on the larger Lamb :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I've had an eventful time dealing with the police and paramedics, after a neighbour collapsed late last night. Someone with a rather unhealthy lifestyle I'm afraid, and I doubt it will be the last time. I'm absolutely shattered after getting little sleep, while I saw the neighbour happily skipping down the road to the pharmacy and booze shop early this morning 🙄 I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. We have a holiday here today, but I don't think I'll be doing anything, except having a snooze perhaps. Being self-employed, I do have some work to do, but might have to put if off, if it's to be done right (I've already shorted out my toaster, stumbling around this morning) 🤨 I hope that everyone else's week gets off to a better start, and that you get to do something with your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

oSqWxcx.jpg
Beautiful photo Jack and spectacular "horsepower"! 👀

Jack Black

Gold Member
Beautiful photo Jack and spectacular "horsepower"! 👀

Thanks Dwight, I actually worked for Whitbread's brewery in Sheffield, as a youngster, in 1979, for 6 months, and it was a fascinating job :) Here is the brewery, next to Sheffield's River Don in 1900...

Z0cVrcD.jpg

By the time I worked there, many of the surrounding streets had altered, but the the brewery itself, the adjacent pub, and Lady's Bridge were very much the same :thumbsup:

LE6uZYo.jpg

My grandfather's tankard :)

Fodderwing

Gold Member
Thanks Dwight, I actually worked for Whitbread's brewery in Sheffield, as a youngster, in 1979, for 6 months, and it was a fascinating job :) Here is the brewery, next to Sheffield's River Don in 1900..
That is interesting and cool Jack. You must have been right out of high school or still in school. I would imagine that place was pretty awesome. I love the tankard!

AntDog

Gold Member
Where are y’all finding all these lambs foots? Lamb feet? I’m not pulling up much for sale except in England.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Starting the week off with my micarta Li'l Lamb. Have a great week, Guardians!

kK5kTki.jpg

♻️
Nice choice Mike, it's good to see you here my friend :) :thumbsup:
That is interesting and cool Jack. You must have been right out of high school or still in school. I would imagine that place was pretty awesome. I love the tankard!
I hadn't turned 18 long Dwight, and must have been the youngest worker there. It was a great place to work in many ways, but with as much free beer as you wanted, I was glad that I only worked there for six months! I remember having 17 pints on my first day at work! 😲 I certainly couldn't drink that now 🥴 :D :thumbsup:
Where are y’all finding all these lambs foots? Lamb feet? I’m not pulling up much for sale except in England.
Try saying Lambsfoot knives, it sounds easier :) :thumbsup:
Hi AntDog, I'm sending you a PM.
Thank you for that :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week started well. I am always a bit thrown by 3-day weekends here, as I generally have the same amount of work to do, but just over 4 days, rather than 5 🙄 (still not liking these emojis, I don't feel THAT sad about it!) I thought I'd start my working week with this J jsdistin re-build, gifted to me by Reaper AL Reaper AL :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

FgRv6X0.jpg

Jack Black

Gold Member
Only just got round to turning my calendar over to May today 🐢 I don't really need a printed calendar anymore, but it fills a spot on the kitchen wall, and saves me decorating ;) I'm a bit disappointed by my choice of calendar this year though, it was rather expensive, and there's only about 3 calendar-grade pics 🙄

Mk6uVuf.jpg