Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack it was delicious! With British Isles as the lion share of my family heritage celebrating Yorkshire Day is my pleasure. Thank you for introducing me to it, Lambfoot Cutlery, and Chip Butty. :)
It certainly looked it :) Good luck James, and please let me know if I can ever send you anything from over here :) :thumbsup:

I may not get a chance to participate in the celebration of Yorkshire Day on the day itself, so I did an early celebration and took some pictures of the fun. If I get the chance I’d like to try a Yorkshire pudding, but for the time being I went with a Chip Butty. I was expecting a lot giving what I’ve heard and I was not disappointed. I love bread and butter and “chips” so putting them all together sounds pretty heavenly.

I started with what seemed like good ingredients: some bakery style sandwich buns and some quality frozen fries.
C2131824-8270-4BC3-A9BC-B1D09BBE7112.jpeg2BE6CDF7-B362-4B2B-9183-A4AC6B58F789.jpeg
Notice that my lambsfoot blade is helping me open the bag.
Next was the preparation:
F9BDE412-FDB6-4047-A86D-C7F8EFCDB3B6.jpegF99C60AB-0B0C-478D-98E8-4255AAC17953.jpeg
Once the chips were done I quickly put them on the bread and applied the expert amount of pressure to ensure maximum butter saturation and distribution.
C34E2301-B817-4390-A873-57073E01F373.jpegI took a big bite into the hot and buttery sandwich and it tasted sooooo good. Unfortunately in my haste I burned my mouth slightly from the hot chips but that was just a rookie mistake. I’ll be having Chip Butty again!

Thanks for the great giveaway, Jack! Happy Yorkshire Day Guardians!
4CD79455-64A9-467E-9231-0FCA04031FFF.jpeg

Good evening Guardians ;) I hope that everyone is having a good day :) A couple more pics from my trip out today ;)

syribC0.jpg

Gj85ArA.jpg

I'm sure CelloDan CelloDan would have those cows running round, doing the Macarena, with a Lambsfoot between their teeth! :D :) :thumbsup:

It's late evening on the eve of Yorkshire Day here, and I have a full agenda tomorrow :) I'll be up early, but I don't know if I'll have time to post before I have to leave. If I don't, I hope you all have a great Yorkshire Day, and that a few of you get to try a chip butty or some Yorkshire pudding :) While I'll be out, I'll certainly be checking my phone, and will drop in if I can :thumbsup:

I'll be carrying these two with me, my beloved Hartshead Barlow, with the Yorkshire Rose on the blade, and my very own Yorkshire Rose Lambsfoot :) If I'm not too drunk, I'll post later in the day! :D ;) :thumbsup:

H9DmN0o.jpg

I may not get a chance to participate in the celebration of Yorkshire Day on the day itself, so I did an early celebration and took some pictures of the fun. If I get the chance I’d like to try a Yorkshire pudding, but for the time being I went with a Chip Butty. I was expecting a lot giving what I’ve heard and I was not disappointed. I love bread and butter and “chips” so putting them all together sounds pretty heavenly.

I started with what seemed like good ingredients: some bakery style sandwich buns and some quality frozen fries.
View attachment 1610747View attachment 1610748
View attachment 1610750View attachment 1610751
Once the chips were done I quickly put them on the bread and applied the expert amount of pressure to ensure maximum butter saturation and distribution.
View attachment 1610755I took a big bite into the hot and buttery sandwich and it tasted sooooo good. Unfortunately in my haste I burned my mouth slightly from the hot chips but that was just a rookie mistake. I’ll be having Chip Butty again!

View attachment 1610772
Fantastic post Joshua, I hope your mouth doesn't hurt too much buddy :thumbsup: Those fries look really good, really just like chips! :D Here, fries tend to be cut very thin, like something you'd get in MacDonalds, but those are just right for a chip butty! :D Your AC is looking great my friend, good luck, and thank you very much for entering :) :thumbsup:

We will be on our first day of vacation tomorrow Jack, so I won’t be able to make a chip butty but I can’t wait to see the expression on our server’s face when I order some fries and a bun! 😄 Hope that will count as an entry even though I didn’t make it myself. 👍View attachment 1610805
Go for it Todd! :D Have a great vacation my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm posting this early our time so that you might see it before you set out tomorrow.

Happy Yorkshire day Jack Jack Black Jack Black . As I'm not in Yorkshire and have no access to Yorkshire Pudding I wondered what I could do to immerse myself into your special day. So, I made a special trip to town this afternoon today to the Holiday Market (grocery store) and bought some Jello Chocolate Pudding which along with the Lambsfoot I'll be carrying, places me in Yorkshire in solidarity with you. Have a good day Jack.

1627779448229.png

Yeah, they're really packing them in aren't they?! :rolleyes: Those kids looked like they had been dragooned! :D I'm afraid I couldn't really make it out Barrett, but Kit Kats are made in York :thumbsup:

I remembered that about Kit Kats. I had a photo from a previous Yorkshire Day giveaway that contained a Kit Kat along with some other Yorkshire related items. I was going to post that in my previous post, but forgot that that giveaway took place outside of the Lambsfoot thread, and half the knives in my photo wouldn’t be allowed here. Now I’ve never shied away from censoring one knife so I can post a photo here, but several knives feels like pushing it. 😉

S1vjC1u.jpg

No cell phones, no swearing, no music, cash only. I’m surprised they don’t require you to pay in pre-decimalization currency. 🙄😉😁

View attachment 1610747View attachment 1610748
View attachment 1610750View attachment 1610751
View attachment 1610755I took a big bite into the hot and buttery sandwich and it tasted sooooo good. Unfortunately in my haste I burned my mouth slightly from the hot chips but that was just a rookie mistake. I’ll be having Chip Butty again!

View attachment 1610772

Nicely done, Joshua! :thumbsup:

Good evening Guardians ;) I hope that everyone is having a good day :) A couple more pics from my trip out today ;)

syribC0.jpg

Gj85ArA.jpg

I'm sure CelloDan CelloDan would have those cows running round, doing the Macarena, with a Lambsfoot between their teeth! :D :) :thumbsup:

It's late evening on the eve of Yorkshire Day here, and I have a full agenda tomorrow :) I'll be up early, but I don't know if I'll have time to post before I have to leave. If I don't, I hope you all have a great Yorkshire Day, and that a few of you get to try a chip butty or some Yorkshire pudding :) While I'll be out, I'll certainly be checking my phone, and will drop in if I can :thumbsup:

I'll be carrying these two with me, my beloved Hartshead Barlow, with the Yorkshire Rose on the blade, and my very own Yorkshire Rose Lambsfoot :) If I'm not too drunk, I'll post later in the day! :D ;) :thumbsup:

H9DmN0o.jpg

Cool photos, Jack. I hope you have a great day tomorrow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic post Joshua, I hope your mouth doesn't hurt too much buddy :thumbsup: Those fries look really good, really just like chips! :D Here, fries tend to be cut very thin, like something you'd get in MacDonalds, but those are just right for a chip butty! :D Your AC is looking great my friend, good luck, and thank you very much for entering :) :thumbsup:

I think what we call “steak fries” are probably the closest thing we have here to British chips. I imagine we’ll see a few of them in the entries tomorrow. 😉 🙂

Edited to add: It’s still Saturday here in the States, but it’s Yorkshire Day in Yorkshire, so here’s a fitting photo with Lambsfoot content. :thumbsup:

fb3Mawr.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure CelloDan CelloDan CelloDan CelloDan would have those cows running round, doing the Macarena, with a Lambsfoot between their teeth! :D :) :thumbsup:
😂 LOL
Thank you for the good laugh and the mental picture my friend 😊

it’s past 1 am here in my little tent ⛺️ by the water and I can’t sleep 😴
I am going to start counting macarena dancing, Lambsfoot holding cows 🐄

I be asleep in no time 😎

I'm posting this early our time so that you might see it before you set out tomorrow.

Happy Yorkshire day Jack Jack Black Jack Black . As I'm not in Yorkshire and have no access to Yorkshire Pudding I wondered what I could do to immerse myself into your special day. So, I made a special trip to town this afternoon today to the Holiday Market (grocery store) and bought some Jello Chocolate Pudding which along with the Lambsfoot I'll be carrying, places me in Yorkshire in solidarity with you. Have a good day Jack.

View attachment 1610971
Thank you very much Ed, I hope those chocolate puddings taste as good as your Lambsfoot looks :) :thumbsup:
I remembered that about Kit Kats. I had a photo from a previous Yorkshire Day giveaway that contained a Kit Kat along with some other Yorkshire related items. I was going to post that in my previous post, but forgot that that giveaway took place outside of the Lambsfoot thread, and half the knives in my photo wouldn’t be allowed here. Now I’ve never shied away from censoring one knife so I can post a photo here, but several knives feels like pushing it. 😉

S1vjC1u.jpg
Historically. York is a bit of a centre for chocolate production Barrett. I remember, 20-odd years ago, hearing that a new 'chunky' Kit-Kat was proving so popular that the workers at the factory were working round the clock to keep up with demand! :D Love that pic! :D :thumbsup:
No cell phones, no swearing, no music, cash only. I’m surprised they don’t require you to pay in pre-decimalization currency. 🙄😉😁
:D :D :thumbsup:
Cool photos, Jack. I hope you have a great day tomorrow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think what we call “steak fries” are probably the closest thing we have here to British chips. I imagine we’ll see a few of them in the entries tomorrow. 😉 🙂

Edited to add: It’s still Saturday here in the States, but it’s Yorkshire Day in Yorkshire, so here’s a fitting photo with Lambsfoot content. :thumbsup:

fb3Mawr.jpg
Thank you my friend :) That's a fantastic photo, it's great to see all those Lambs together :) :thumbsup:
Happy Yorkshire Day, Jack!

xoi1QO2.jpg
Thank you Vince, that's some great Yorkshire content :) :thumbsup:
😂 LOL
Thank you for the good laugh and the mental picture my friend 😊

it’s past 1 am here in my little tent ⛺️ by the water and I can’t sleep 😴
I am going to start counting macarena dancing, Lambsfoot holding cows 🐄

I be asleep in no time 😎
I hope that worked, and that you managed to drop off to sleep my adventurous friend :D :) :thumbsup:

Ey up Guardians, I thought I'd get up an hour earlier to wish you all a Happy Yorkshire Day! :D :) :thumbsup:

yorkshire-day-card.jpg

Many thanks for the greetings and good wishes, and for the early contributions to my giveaway :) It's raining here, and quite cold too, but I'm hoping it'll dry out a bit as the morning progresses. If there's any other news from Yorkshire, I'll be sure to let you know ;) Have a great day Guardians, and enjoy carrying your Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:

vqv2ZrG.jpg

WhPEAcd.jpg

Happy Yorkshire Day Jack!!!!
I cannot be in the draw, nor would I dare try to be as I have been the receiver of Jacks generosity SO MANY times :)

Love that awesome curious Cow coming in to see whats happening Jack!

Happy Yorkshire Day Jack!!!!
I cannot be in the draw, nor would I dare try to be as I have been the receiver of Jacks generosity SO MANY times :)

Love that awesome curious Cow coming in to see whats happening Jack!
Thanks Duncan, I hope you change your mind on the giveaway :) I was worried that cow was going to make off with my Lambsfoot! :D :thumbsup:

Yorkshire Day is finally here. All the best Jack, have a good one.🤝. A couple of Yorky treats, some tea and Chip Butty.:p:thumbsup:.

MfybftI.jpg

bmy36ZJ.jpg

28ZS12j.jpg
Thanks a lot mate, great pics, I hope you enjoyed your chip butty! :) :thumbsup:

Back