Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you very much Ed, I hope those chocolate puddings taste as good as your Lambsfoot looks :) :thumbsup:

Historically. York is a bit of a centre for chocolate production Barrett. I remember, 20-odd years ago, hearing that a new 'chunky' Kit-Kat was proving so popular that the workers at the factory were working round the clock to keep up with demand! :D Love that pic! :D :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) That's a fantastic photo, it's great to see all those Lambs together :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Vince, that's some great Yorkshire content :) :thumbsup:

I hope that worked, and that you managed to drop off to sleep my adventurous friend :D :) :thumbsup:

Ey up Guardians, I thought I'd get up an hour earlier to wish you all a Happy Yorkshire Day! :D :) :thumbsup:

yorkshire-day-card.jpg

Many thanks for the greetings and good wishes, and for the early contributions to my giveaway :) It's raining here, and quite cold too, but I'm hoping it'll dry out a bit as the morning progresses. If there's any other news from Yorkshire, I'll be sure to let you know ;) Have a great day Guardians, and enjoy carrying your Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:

vqv2ZrG.jpg

WhPEAcd.jpg
Hope you are having a great Yorkshire Day Jack.:) Great photos of your Lambsfoot knives:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another sweltering day today in southern coastal NC. Going to be inside enjoying my air conditioner and carrying another favorite of mine. 2019 Jack Black SFO.

IMG_3077.JPG

Hope you are having a great Yorkshire Day Jack.:) Great photos of your Lambsfoot knives:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, another sweltering day today in southern coastal NC. Going to be inside enjoying my air conditioner and carrying another favorite of mine. 2019 Jack Black SFO.

View attachment 1611239
Thanks a lot Bill, that's a lovely pic :) :thumbsup:
Happy Yorkshire Day, everyone!

CUm3qZc.jpg
Great pic Rachel :) :thumbsup:
Happy Yorkshire Day, Jack.
Yorkshire, the nicest part of England. That's probably due to the proximity of Scotland, of Wales and to the presence of many Irish. That's what i remember it was.

Dan.
Thanks Dan :) Yes, anyone with any sense moves to Yorkshire from those far-flung parts! :D Most Yorkshire towns have long-established Irish and Scots communities, with some great Irish pubs :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm sat by the banks of the River Aire, with a pint in my hand, and a full belly :) :thumbsup:

Not able to upload pics unfortunately, but I'll post some later :thumbsup:

Happy Yorkshire Day to Jack, all the Guardians of the Lambsfoot, and all Yorkshirefolk everywhere!

Jack, thanks for another generous Yorkshire Day GAW; I certainly appreciate Porch traditions like this.

I'd like to submit an entry on behalf of JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , who has started raising a fine flock of lambs.
I'm entering the chip butty section of the GAW, and I'll admit at the outset that my culinary creations were not everything I hoped they'd be, so my entry actually consists of two attempts!

Chip Butty Attempt #1
A week ago, I browned 4 pounds of ground turkey which my wife then put in a crock pot with some packages of taco seasoning to prepare some meat for tacos/enchiladas. We froze some of it to take with us on vacation next week, and ate some of it this past week. But my wife also cut up some potatoes to add to the meat and seasoning in the hope that the potato chunks would absorb some of the salt from the seasoning. I saved those potato slices in the fridge and fried them in a smidgen of olive oil this morning to use for a chip butty. "Chips" are just fried potatoes, right?
I had a crust of wheat bread that I'd saved for my entry. I also had the presence of mind to pull out the Henderson's for my creation. Here's a photo of the result. (The photo shows my Valley Jack, my 2019 ironwood Guardians lambsfoot that I carried a week ago. My lambsfoot this week was the Chinese Schrade 19OT, but since its status as a true lambsfoot may be questionable, I replaced it for the GAW.)
insideout.chipbutty.far.jpg

Something didn't look quite right to me. The potatoes aren't peeled, but we almost never peel our potatoes (even for mashed potatoes). And there are a few "crumbs" of ground turkey that stuck to the potatoes, but I considered that to be a positive addition. So what did I do wrong? Let's look a little closer, as if we were bringing the alleged butty up toward our face, perhaps to take a bite:
insideout.chipbutty.near.jpg
OH NO!! I built my butty inside out! The chips are supposed to be placed between bread slices, rather than a bread slice going between chips. Tasted great, but I thought I could do better!

Chip Butty Attempt #2
Although I'm a firm believer that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", that attitude seems to be outdated in the society in which I currently live. Instead, people are criticized for "cultural appropriation", and I was a bit leery that I'd be accused of that crime for trying to make a Yorkshire chip butty (especially one that uses French fries in a Yorkshire recipe). So I decided to play it safer this time by using some American fried potatoes that remained from a side dish I had with a breakfast burrito recently. And for bread I chose a good old US Hawaiian sweet roll that needed to be used soon. Note that my ingredients are combined in the prescribed order in this second try:
amer.butty.near.jpg
Tasted great!!

- GT

Wishing everyone
Happy Yorkshire Day to Jack, all the Guardians of the Lambsfoot, and all Yorkshirefolk everywhere!

Jack, thanks for another generous Yorkshire Day GAW; I certainly appreciate Porch traditions like this.

I'd like to submit an entry on behalf of JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , who has started raising a fine flock of lambs.
I'm entering the chip butty section of the GAW, and I'll admit at the outset that my culinary creations were not everything I hoped they'd be, so my entry actually consists of two attempts!

Chip Butty Attempt #1
A week ago, I browned 4 pounds of ground turkey which my wife then put in a crock pot with some packages of taco seasoning to prepare some meat for tacos/enchiladas. We froze some of it to take with us on vacation next week, and ate some of it this past week. But my wife also cut up some potatoes to add to the meat and seasoning in the hope that the potato chunks would absorb some of the salt from the seasoning. I saved those potato slices in the fridge and fried them in a smidgen of olive oil this morning to use for a chip butty. "Chips" are just fried potatoes, right?
I had a crust of wheat bread that I'd saved for my entry. I also had the presence of mind to pull out the Henderson's for my creation. Here's a photo of the result. (The photo shows my Valley Jack, my 2019 ironwood Guardians lambsfoot that I carried a week ago. My lambsfoot this week was the Chinese Schrade 19OT, but since its status as a true lambsfoot may be questionable, I replaced it for the GAW.)
View attachment 1611352

Something didn't look quite right to me. The potatoes aren't peeled, but we almost never peel our potatoes (even for mashed potatoes). And there are a few "crumbs" of ground turkey that stuck to the potatoes, but I considered that to be a positive addition. So what did I do wrong? Let's look a little closer, as if we were bringing the alleged butty up toward our face, perhaps to take a bite:
View attachment 1611353
OH NO!! I built my butty inside out! The chips are supposed to be placed between bread slices, rather than a bread slice going between chips. Tasted great, but I thought I could do better!

Chip Butty Attempt #2
Although I'm a firm believer that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", that attitude seems to be outdated in the society in which I currently live. Instead, people are criticized for "cultural appropriation", and I was a bit leery that I'd be accused of that crime for trying to make a Yorkshire chip butty (especially one that uses French fries in a Yorkshire recipe). So I decided to play it safer this time by using some American fried potatoes that remained from a side dish I had with a breakfast burrito recently. And for bread I chose a good old US Hawaiian sweet roll that needed to be used soon. Note that my ingredients are combined in the prescribed order in this second try:
View attachment 1611365
Tasted great!!

- GT
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Yorkshire Day but admittedly I've been absent of late. My mom is back home and feeling a bit better though not out of the woods. She came home on July 26. I am telling you folks this because while I was waiting in the car for the nurse to bring mom out I looked at the emails and noticed a Lambsfoot for sale. Long story short, here is my beautiful knife, treasured above all

Chip Butty Attempt #1
View attachment 1611352

View attachment 1611353

Chip Butty Attempt #2
View attachment 1611365
Tasted great!!

- GT

Thanks for the laugh, GT! 😁 Nice move with the Hawaiian roll. :thumbsup:

Happy Yorkshire Day to Jack... and to all the Guardians 🤠 :thumbsup:
Happy Yorkshire Day John :) That knife is developing some great character :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Barrett btb01 btb01 and happy Yorkshire Day to you all!
Happy Yorkshire Day Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Chip Butty Attempt #1
View attachment 1611352

View attachment 1611353

Chip Butty Attempt #2
View attachment 1611365
Tasted great!!

- GT
Thanks Gary, Happy Yorkshire Day :) Fantastic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:
Wishing everyone

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Yorkshire Day but admittedly I've been absent of late. My mom is back home and feeling a bit better though not out of the woods. She came home on July 26. I am telling you folks this because while I was waiting in the car for the nurse to bring mom out I looked at the emails and noticed a Lambsfoot for sale. Long story short, here is my beautiful knife, treasured above all
Great to see you here Ted :) I hope your mom continues to get better :) Nice-looking Hartshead Barlow there :thumbsup:
u59qczD.jpg

Happy Yorkshire Day!
I see that even your ring has patina Taylor :D ;) Happy Yorkshire Day my friend :) :thumbsup:
Very special :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I've been editing my photos from today, but there's still plenty of time to rustle up a chip butty or whip up some Yorkshire pudding for the giveaway folks ;) :thumbsup:

Happy Yorkshire Day, fellow Guardians! Had an absolutely great time making homemade chips and sharing the experience of my first chip butty along with my family. They were a hit, we'll definitely be making these again! :cool:
4cx5Kw4.jpg

And a fitting street sign on our walk this afternoon (yes, I planned our route around capturing his shot ;))
2rFp0gU.jpg

Nice to see everyone, I'll do my best to check in more frequently.

-Sean

My wife and I will be making our first ever chip buttys for lunch in a couple of hours. I don't know what English beers are even available around here, but it occurred to me that one of my favorite ciders (and one that I happen to have in the house right now) is English. Looking at the label, I see that Samuel Smiths Organic Cider is made in "N. Yorks, England", so even better for celebrating Yorkshire Day. We've been singing The Chip Butty Song in the meantime.

Yorkshire Day is finally here. All the best Jack, have a good one.🤝. A couple of Yorky treats, some tea and Chip Butty.:p:thumbsup:.

MfybftI.jpg

bmy36ZJ.jpg

28ZS12j.jpg
I will have to try a chip butty. I remember when I was a child and my grandmother make some french fries and bacon, I took some of each and put them on one slice of white bread, and folded it over like a taco. Best sandwich/taco ever!

Actually, I just finished a couple of breakfast tacos myself: one with potato, egg, and bacon, and one with bean and bacon. Some things never change.

Happy Yorkshire Day, fellow Guardians! Had an absolutely great time making homemade chips and sharing the experience of my first chip butty along with my family. They were a hit, we'll definitely be making these again! :cool:
4cx5Kw4.jpg

And a fitting street sign on our walk this afternoon (yes, I planned our route around capturing his shot ;))
2rFp0gU.jpg

Nice to see everyone, I'll do my best to check in more frequently.

-Sean
What a superb effort Sean :) I'm really glad you all liked the chip butties too :D Well done :) :thumbsup:
My wife and I will be making our first ever chip buttys for lunch in a couple of hours. I don't know what English beers are even available around here, but it occurred to me that one of my favorite ciders (and one that I happen to have in the house right now) is English. Looking at the label, I see that Samuel Smiths Organic Cider is made in "N. Yorks, England", so even better for celebrating Yorkshire Day. We've been singing The Chip Butty Song in the meantime.
Fantastic Tyson! :D That's so funny about The Chip Butty Song! :D Sam Smith's beers are made in Tadcaster in North Yorkshire, which is not far from me at all :) :thumbsup:

Im6EIWX.jpg

I will have to try a chip butty. I remember when I was a child and my grandmother make some french fries and bacon, I took some of each and put them on one slice of white bread, and folded it over like a taco. Best sandwich/taco ever!

Actually, I just finished a couple of breakfast tacos myself: one with potato, egg, and bacon, and one with bean and bacon. Some things never change.
Mmmmm....:) :thumbsup:
IKtgLkd.jpg

The flock on Yorkshire Day!
What a great photo Taylor, each one of those knives looks absolutely loved to bits :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Back