Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black i cannot do links, but go over to the tinkering and embellishment forum and have a look at the Work Sharp Precision Adjust Sharpener thread, there may be some information there that you may find useful. To do with the clamp on your new sharpener. :)

Jack Black Jack Black i cannot do links, but go over to the tinkering and embellishment forum and have a look at the Work Sharp Precision Adjust Sharpener thread, there may be some information there that you may find useful. To do with the clamp on your new sharpener. :)
Thanks for the tip Leon, much appreciated 👍

Love the Pipes! Bagpipe Ebony is very fitting my friend.
The Bagpipes have always been very special to me Thank you Jack. 😊👍

hSpMaxw.jpg

Good afternoon fellow Guardians, hope all those in the area of hurricane Ida and the Californian fires are coping as best they can, and are safe. It is the first of day of spring here today so thought i would post a couple of appropriate pics.
The official flower here is the wattle and today is Wattle day, they are normally in full bloom by now but seem to be a bit scarce this year, they are out in some parts of the state from people i have spoken to. They are a beautiful flower when in full bloom and attract a myriad of native birds, the birds must be hanging out for them every year, also many other small insects and bees.

YUVcKOY.jpg

The other wonder of early spring are the next generation of magpies being born and raised. 4 days ago i saw an egg on the ground that had been blown out of it's nest, straight away i thought of a magpie egg, we have a family of them here that raise new chicks every year, i was sad, i love them. They are very entertaining to have around, especially when the young start to leave the nest and are being taught how to survive by their parents. When breeding season starts they are very protective and aggressive about their territory and their young. Anything or anyone perceived as threat will be attacked and dive bombed with fear nor favor. They can take a big chunk out of your head, and will attack your eyes, but that is rare, they normally just dive in then turn away at the last minute clicking their beak to warn you. This is a photo of one about to attack giving it's intended target the evil eye.

SguIo3S.jpg

Good afternoon fellow Guardians, hope all those in the area of hurricane Ida and the Californian fires are coping as best they can, and are safe. It is the first of day of spring here today so thought i would post a couple of appropriate pics.
The official flower here is the wattle and today is Wattle day, they are normally in full bloom by now but seem to be a bit scarce this year, they are out in some parts of the state from people i have spoken to. They are a beautiful flower when in full bloom and attract a myriad of native birds, the birds must be hanging out for them every year, also many other small insects and bees.

YUVcKOY.jpg

The other wonder of early spring are the next generation of magpies being born and raised. 4 days ago i saw an egg on the ground that had been blown out of it's nest, straight away i thought of a magpie egg, we have a family of them here that raise new chicks every year, i was sad, i love them. They are very entertaining to have around, especially when the young start to leave the nest and are being taught how to survive by their parents. When breeding season starts they are very protective and aggressive about their territory and their young. Anything or anyone perceived as threat will be attacked and dive bombed with fear nor favor. They can take a big chunk out of your head, and will attack your eyes, but that is rare, they normally just dive in then turn away at the last minute clicking their beak to warn you. This is a photo of one about to attack giving it's intended target the evil eye.

SguIo3S.jpg
Happy Wattle Day Leon, great pics :) I hope you have a good Spring :thumbsup:
Interesting composition Jer :) You got another shot at the hospital today mate? :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, when I was a kid, we used to say 'Rabbits!' on the first day of the month! :D It hasn't been a great summer here, and we have a gloomy start to September so far. Hoping we get a bit more sunshine before the seasons change :rolleyes: Starting the month off with a Charlie Lamb :) Have a great day Guardians :thumbsup:

5RpvHMq.jpg

Happy Wattle Day Leon, great pics :) I hope you have a good Spring :thumbsup:

Interesting composition Jer :) You got another shot at the hospital today mate? :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, when I was a kid, we used to say 'Rabbits!' on the first day of the month! :D It hasn't been a great summer here, and we have a gloomy start to September so far. Hoping we get a bit more sunshine before the seasons change :rolleyes: Starting the month off with a Charlie Lamb :) Have a great day Guardians :thumbsup:

5RpvHMq.jpg
How did you go with the sharpening thread, i meant to say if you need any advise ask Dan the cello man, he is pretty up to speed with sharpening systems and parts and improvements. :)

How did you go with the sharpening thread, i meant to say if you need any advise ask Dan the cello man, he is pretty up to speed with sharpening systems and parts and improvements. :)
I had a look through several threads mate, but the replacement parts mentioned don't seem to be available here, for now at least. I'll keep looking :) For now, I'm not too bothered, I only bought that system out of curiosity, though I kind of wish I'd just squandered the money on beer! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I've been going to a local Sicilian cafe a lot recently. It does great coffee, and delicious food. Some amazing-looking cakes too, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I thought Charlie waynorth waynorth might like to see their Sicilian/Moroccan/British Triskelion! :D :thumbsup:

BHj9aT3.jpg

I accidentally posted this in the EDC thread by mistake :rolleyes: :D

Interesting composition Jer :) You got another shot at the hospital today mate?
Thanks. There's no significance to the Wood magazine; it just happened to be on top of the heap.

No hospital today. Just the farm this morning and the Praise Team rehearsal tonight, with some yard work in between. HIgh of 82! Looks like a nice holiday weekend ahead.
fmIAT6P.jpg

Thanks. There's no significance to the Wood magazine; it just happened to be on top of the heap.

No hospital today. Just the farm this morning and the Praise Team rehearsal tonight, with some yard work in between. HIgh of 82! Looks like a nice holiday weekend ahead.
fmIAT6P.jpg
Don't want you turning into a dartboard mate! :) Nice to hear you looking forward to the weekend, I hope it's a good one for you Jer :) :thumbsup:

My Charlie Lamb just helped me open a very thoughtful package from JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , which contained these beautiful postcards, as well as some high quality cutlery I shall show elsewhere ;) Many thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

YEzWNMa.jpg

Edit - Hey JJ Cahill JJ Cahill , your PM box is full buddy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back