Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I thought I'd go out for some fresh air, and a saunter down to the Sicilian cafe I mentioned the other day. I finally got a chance to try a slice of their cake - chocolate fudge cake in this case :) It's still overcast here, but also humid, which is not a great combination :rolleyes:

inNMnmB.jpg
Man, that looks tasty!!! 😋 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was up on the roof today trimming limbs from my large oak tree and then I came down to mow the lawn and trim some hedges. It is nice to have sons old enough to help, too! The AC was with me throughout most of the day. The picture comes from this morning when I was helping my two youngest with school.

3CCCFB4C-8811-40A1-BC23-03A08B05743B.jpeg

I was up on the roof today trimming limbs from my large oak tree and then I came down to mow the lawn and trim some hedges. It is nice to have sons old enough to help, too! The AC was with me throughout most of the day. The picture comes from this morning when I was helping my two youngest with school.

View attachment 1633299
It's sounds like you've been a busy Dad Joshua :) I really like that pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is well, and having a good weekend. I think I'm going to be having a quiet one, my girlfriend is full of cold, so our hike got cancelled. I do need to get out and pick some blackberries from the garden, something I've been trying to find time for all week. My Hartshead Barlow will be keeping me company again :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

6EhC9x1.jpg

I've been meaning to get out in the garden, and pick some more blackberries all week, but I haven't had time until today. I'll probably make one more trip, and then leave it for this year, I'm kind of crumbled out, and the freezer is full. I should look at making some jam next year - which I think I said last year :rolleyes: ;)

tqJr9pF.jpg

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is well, and having a good weekend. I think I'm going to be having a quiet one, my girlfriend is full of cold, so our hike got cancelled. I do need to get out and pick some blackberries from the garden, something I've been trying to find time for all week. My Hartshead Barlow will be keeping me company again :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

6EhC9x1.jpg

I've been meaning to get out in the garden, and pick some more blackberries all week, but I haven't had time until today. I'll probably make one more trip, and then leave it for this year, I'm kind of crumbled out, and the freezer is full. I should look at making some jam next year - which I think I said last year :rolleyes: ;)

tqJr9pF.jpg
I hope your girl friend feels better Jack.:) The black berries look fabulous as does you HHB (as always) :thumbsup:

Another sunny start of the day - hoping everyone's Saturday is a good one. Slowly getting acclimated to the time zone change - back to normal again:thumbsup:. Planning on going to a NASCAR race at Darlington tomorrow.IMG_3176.JPG

I hope your girl friend feels better Jack.:) The black berries look fabulous as does you HHB (as always) :thumbsup:

Another sunny start of the day - hoping everyone's Saturday is a good one. Slowly getting acclimated to the time zone change - back to normal again:thumbsup:. Planning on going to a NASCAR race at Darlington tomorrow.View attachment 1633513
Thanks a lot Bill, at least it's not the Covid! :eek: I'll pass on your kind words my friend :) I'm glad you're settling in, and hope that you have a great day :) You're going to Darlington?! :eek: :D Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Bill, at least it's not the Covid! :eek: I'll pass on your kind words my friend :) I'm glad you're settling in, and hope that you have a great day :) You're going to Darlington?! :eek: :D Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

The " Old Bedford ", the staple of goods transport. They went forever, that is why they had to go, we could not have something that was built to last, could travel well over 500,000 miles, that would not do in the modern world. Once they were sold, there was no more money to be gauged out of them, we could not have that. They were magnificent trucks. ❤️ ❤️❤️:thumbsup:

The " Old Bedford ", the staple of goods transport. They went forever, that is why they had to go, we could not have something that was built to last, could travel well over 500,000 miles, that would not do in the modern world. Once they were sold, there was no more money to be gauged out of them, we could not have that. They were magnificent trucks. ❤️ ❤️❤️:thumbsup:
I used to work on those Bedfords, when I first left school in the mid-70's mate! :D :thumbsup:

Then you absolutely know where i'm coming from
Definitely Leon, Sheffield City Council's fleet was comprised entirely of Bedfords and Fords, and I worked on thousands of them. A pal of mine had an old Bedford ambulance, which had been nicely converted for camping in the 60's. He bought it in the early 80's, and ran it until the late 1990's, when he passed it on to a friend with a young family. We had some great times with that old Bedford. My pal with the tool stall still runs them, but his camping waggon is a WW2-era Austin K9 :thumbsup:

BgpqNas.jpg

Darlington Raceway in Darlington, SC - No rain there tomorrow! LOL
I bet it's a lot more fun too! :D Have a great day Bill :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. It started out quite sunny here, but it has clouded over now. I hadn't realised it was US Labor Day weekend, when I posted yesterday morning, so I hope you're all having a good one :) Pikelets for breakfast here! :D :thumbsup:

HZpmGQ5.jpg

They're not pikelets, they're crumpets.:rolleyes::)
They are so too! :p Until I was in my 20's, half the country called them pikelets, and when the big bakeries first started selling them, they wrote 'pikelets' on one side of the packet, and 'crumpets' on the other. Now they just write 'crumpets' on, so that the folks in London aren't confused! 🤨 In Sheffield, where they are still called pikelets, by older folks at least, the word was also a mild form of derision for somebody who was, or was being, a bit daft. I remember a local newspaper hoarding, relating to the then leader of Sheffield City Council: 'Blunkett called Pikelet'! :D Sad that we're now in danger of losing that word :( Now some people will tell you that pikelets were something different, but that's mainly because they weren't born until recently, so don't know! :D I bought some small Staffordshire oatcakes sold as pikelets the other week :rolleyes:
These are Pikelets.:p:p:p

Io4D19I.jpg
Those look like drop scones, blinis, or Scottish pancakes! :D :p

Back