Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My geneologizing cousin has found another direct ancestor for us in Yorkshire. This one was important or rich enough to have a pretty gaudy memorial in York Minster. He also married the archbishop's daughter.
lhNNgic.jpg

My geneologizing cousin has found another direct ancestor for us in Yorkshire. This one was important or rich enough to have a pretty gaudy memorial in York Minster. He also married the archbishop's daughter.
lhNNgic.jpg
That's very interesting Jer (cool pic too), you'll have to ask donn donn to take a photo for us, it's years since I could afford to get into York Minster! ;) I always knew you had some Yorkshire in you mate! :D ;) :thumbsup:

EnOEld2.jpg

You all always post delicious food, so here's mine...homemade I promise 😅

I'm over in Europe right now, part of 1ABCT if anyone is familiar with Army units. I only brought a few knives to entertain myself one of which is this A Wright & Son. It's a little but of a problem child, it's always been gritty no matter how much love I show it. But it's nice and centered so at least theres that. I'm hoping I'll be able to play with it enough to smooth it out some.

EnOEld2.jpg

You all always post delicious food, so here's mine...homemade I promise 😅

I'm over in Europe right now, part of 1ABCT if anyone is familiar with Army units. I only brought a few knives to entertain myself one of which is this A Wright & Son. It's a little but of a problem child, it's always been gritty no matter how much love I show it. But it's nice and centered so at least theres that. I'm hoping I'll be able to play with it enough to smooth it out some.
That's a fine-looking Lambsfoot and pastry combination! :cool: Vending machine? :D ;) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK, and thanks for your service :thumbsup: Have you tried flushing the joint of your Lambsfoot with some oil, that usually gets rid of the crud Wright's leave in there? Basically flood the joint with oil, work the joint a few times, then blow into the blade well, and under the tang, with canned/compressed air. Repeat until the oil comes out clear (it's worth holding a rag or tissue behind it, unless you want to re-decorate) :thumbsup:
Hey Kevin! :) Great to see you here buddy, how're you doing? I hope you got the day off! Great to see your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Cheers gents :thumbsup:

Lm3s1lg.jpg

That's a fine-looking Lambsfoot and pastry combination! :cool: Vending machine? :D ;) Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK, and thanks for your service :thumbsup: Have you tried flushing the joint of your Lambsfoot with some oil, that usually gets rid of the crud Wright's leave in there? Basically flood the joint with oil, work the joint a few times, then blow into the blade well, and under the tang, with canned/compressed air. Repeat until the oil comes out clear (it's worth holding a rag or tissue behind it, unless you want to re-decorate) :thumbsup:

Hey Kevin! :) Great to see you here buddy, how're you doing? I hope you got the day off! Great to see your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Cheers gents :thumbsup:

Lm3s1lg.jpg
This is the only one from them that's given me trouble and I haven't managed to get smooth, I suspect it has bur on the spring or something. I think I got this one a year or so ago? I take it out occasionally and try and clean it out, I've probably used a gallon of oil trying to clean it out. o_O

And that lovely treat was part of the army's dinner today.

This is the only one from them that's given me trouble and I haven't managed to get smooth, I suspect it has bur on the spring or something. I think I got this one a year or so ago? I take it out occasionally and try and clean it out, I've probably used a gallon of oil trying to clean it out. o_O
Yes, could be, or a bit of steel fash stuck in there :( If it's really bad, you could try putting a little fine grinding paste, or just Flitz, through the joint, and then flushing it, but there's a danger that could cause damage too. Any way you can see in there at all?
And that lovely treat was part of the army's dinner today.
That was my second suggestion! :D Hope you're eating better soon :) :thumbsup:
Had a great time at the NASCAR race in Darlington, SC.View attachment 1634911

Today I am my putting this in my pocket;
View attachment 1634912
That looks impressive Bill, glad you had a great time :) And it's nice to see an Original & Genuine (didn't think that firm could sink any lower) :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

That's very interesting Jer (cool pic too), you'll have to ask donn donn to take a photo for us, it's years since I could afford to get into York Minster! ;) I always knew you had some Yorkshire in you mate! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Yeah thanks Jack :) Unfortunately I think I've lost pretty much all my pictures of York Minster that I'd taken over the 15 years I lived there. :( I'd take pictures again but I can't see myself ever going in the place again as it's something like £15 to get in. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1634768
Here it is. Sir William Gee, d. 1611. I think the old Soviets might have called him an apparatchik. (Picture from Cambridge University, old Bill's alma mater.
That's really impressive Jer! And some impressive research by your cousin. I know that monument well; it's in a very prominent position in the south aisle of quire. I seem to recall their his two wives, he was widowed and then remarried??
As I've no pics of the Minster anymore I found a couple of videos on YT which very briefly shows it's location. Pause at 1:04. It also briefly shows it again at 4:38.

Not as good but another shot at 17:32

Had a great time at the NASCAR race in Darlington, SC.View attachment 1634911

Today I am my putting this in my pocket;
View attachment 1634912
Would love to see a NASCAR race live. It must be quite a spectacle. :thumbsup:

Not the giant slayers I seem to recall they were during my childhood, but fun all the same.
aEZATVm.jpg

Yeah thanks Jack :) Unfortunately I think I've lost pretty much all my pictures of York Minster that I'd taken over the 15 years I lived there. :( I'd take pictures again but I can't see myself ever going in the place again as it's something like £15 to get in. :rolleyes:

That's really impressive Jer! And some impressive research by your cousin. I know that monument well; it's in a very prominent position in the south aisle of quire. I seem to recall their his two wives, he was widowed and then remarried??
As I've no pics of the Minster anymore I found a couple of videos on YT which very briefly shows it's location. Pause at 1:04. It also briefly shows it again at 4:38.

Not the giant slayers I seem to recall they were during my childhood, but fun all the same.
aEZATVm.jpg
Sorry mate! :D That's rotten about you losing all your pics though :( The only digital ones I have are taken from the outside I'm afraid. I don't think I've been inside since about 1991 :thumbsup:

Yes, funny how my perception of the mighty Black Widow has changed! :rolleyes: As has my perception of the Milbro! :D The new ones are better in every way :) :thumbsup:

s5aMI5H.jpg

Sorry mate! :D That's rotten about you losing all your pics though :( The only digital ones I have are taken from the outside I'm afraid. I don't think I've been inside since about 1991 :thumbsup:

Yes, funny how my perception of the mighty Black Widow has changed! :rolleyes: As has my perception of the Milbro! :D The new ones are better in every way :) :thumbsup:

s5aMI5H.jpg
I'm wondering if they've been weakened to make them more 'ealth 'n safety compatible? :rolleyes: Though I understand they still offer an upgrade tube.
Yeah I keep meaning at getting my old Milbro up and running again with something from that proshot catapult place.
Oh, while I'm here, I wonder if these chaps are any interest to you:

The pack of 500 .38cal in my earlier pic came from these. Their based about 2 miles from me and have a huge warehouse so are legit.

aEZATVm.jpg
Thanks David. I had to wear hearing protection because the roar from the cars is so loud. It literally rumbles through the entire grand stand. I want to say that the race lasted about 5 hours (with all the recks and delays). Yes, it's a spectacle, but I'm not sure that I want to do it again. Tickets were $85 and parking was $40. There were four of us. I took this photo of my friends:
IMG_3534.jpg
Fortunately I was able to keep this in my pocket through security.
IMG_2929.JPG

I'm wondering if they've been weakened to make them more 'ealth 'n safety compatible? :rolleyes: Though I understand they still offer an upgrade tube.
Yeah I keep meaning at getting my old Milbro up and running again with something from that proshot catapult place.
Oh, while I'm here, I wonder if these chaps are any interest to you:

The pack of 500 .38cal in my earlier pic came from these. Their based about 2 miles from me and have a huge warehouse so are legit.

Maybe! :D I put some flat-bands on mine, but it's still my worst catapult! :D

ghYilzN.jpg

That's a good price mate, thanks for the link :) I am pretty well-stocked up already though :thumbsup:

Thanks David. I had to wear hearing protection because the roar from the cars is so loud. It literally rumbles through the entire grand stand. I want to say that the race lasted about 5 hours (with all the recks and delays). Yes, it's a spectacle, but I'm not sure that I want to do it again. Tickets were $85 and parking was $40. There were four of us. I took this photo of my friends:
View attachment 1635053
Fortunately I was able to keep this in my pocket through security.
View attachment 1635054
I want to 'like' that more than once Bill! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Back