Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I think the Big Bex I found last night cleaned up alright :) Sharpened up OK too :) Probably made by TEW I reckon :thumbsup:

RCWG5gS.jpg

CKR10o8.jpg

3jzml1b.jpg

Rosewood big 'un for the past 2 months or so.
GSdeoZY.jpg

Hope everyone's well and enjoying their weekends.
Blimey! One of our Prodigal Sons has returned! And with pies! :D How're you doing David? That Rosewood looks to have gotten dark? :thumbsup:
Going with ironwood today.
d5K7x5G.jpg
That Ironwood is looking really good my friend, I liked the ones with the rope-like 'veins', they reminded me of Stan Shaw's forearms! :D Have you been oiling it or anything? :thumbsup:

Hi Jack. I'm fine thanks, how are you? Sorry not been around, we lost our internet after I last posted, whenever that was. But before it was fixed I was asked if I'd go down to Kent to help out a friend of a friend with his business after he fell ill. Took my rosewood. Been around Tonbridge (and Folkstone) since end of June, working on a farm.

Hi Jack. I'm fine thanks, how are you? Sorry not been around, we lost our internet after I last posted, whenever that was. But before it was fixed I was asked if I'd go down to Kent to help out a friend of a friend with his business after he fell ill. Took my rosewood. Been around Tonbridge (and Folkstone) since end of June, working on a farm.
I'm glad to hear you're well mate :) Sorry to hear about your internet problems though, it's good to see you back here :) That sounds like quite an adventure, your Big 'Un was a good choice. I've passed through Folkstone many times, but only going in and out of the country I'm afraid. I hope the weather has been better than it's been here :thumbsup:

A quick check in to wish all Guardians a Happy Labor day!
Taking care of mom, even with my wife's help, is like a second full time job but I do it happily and thankful for having her with us.
Love the pictures and I have to tell you, every time a Waynorth graces the pages, it sends my heart aflutter. The HHB was one of my unicorns, the Waynorth is the other.
Stay well Guardians, Jack Black Jack Black I hope your friend feels better.

Blimey! One of our Prodigal Sons has returned! And with pies! :D How're you doing David? That Rosewood looks to have gotten dark? :thumbsup:

That Ironwood is looking really good my friend, I liked the ones with the rope-like 'veins', they reminded me of Stan Shaw's forearms! :D Have you been oiling it or anything? :thumbsup:

That is an old picture and it has darkened a little. I haven't applied anything to the scales, but I have been oiling the joint;)

I'm glad to hear you're well mate :) Sorry to hear about your internet problems though, it's good to see you back here :) That sounds like quite an adventure, your Big 'Un was a good choice. I've passed through Folkstone many times, but only going in and out of the country I'm afraid. I hope the weather has been better than it's been here :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Aye weather was great, just a nice English summer really. Kent is a nice county and I love the Kent coast.
Great to watch the Spitfires fly over the white cliffs and hear those Merlins rumble.

My ex lives down there to; it was one of her friends friends I was helping out but overall it's been a nice summer.
Except the price of beer, which could give a man a hernia... 😱

Hoping Leeds is treating you well and you've been on some adventures. I expect some blackberry crumble shortly.

A quick check in to wish all Guardians a Happy Labor day!
Taking care of mom, even with my wife's help, is like a second full time job but I do it happily and thankful for having her with us.
Love the pictures and I have to tell you, every time a Waynorth graces the pages, it sends my heart aflutter. The HHB was one of my unicorns, the Waynorth is the other.
Stay well Guardians, Jack Black Jack Black I hope your friend feels better.
That's nice Ted :) Hope you all have a Happy Labor Day :thumbsup: Rachel is on the mend :) Here's a Waynorth to send your heart fluttering, and I hope you can pick one up one day :) :thumbsup:

6GQg3SM.jpg

That is an old picture and it has darkened a little. I haven't applied anything to the scales, but I have been oiling the joint;)
That's good to hear my friend, great pic :) :thumbsup:
Cleaned up well. :thumbsup: Love the old oil can.😍👌
Thanks mate, hope you have a good week :) :thumbsup:

Here's something for our friends across The Pond. Have a great Labor Day :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Aye weather was great, just a nice English summer really. Kent is a nice county and I love the Kent coast.
Great to watch the Spitfires fly over the white cliffs and hear those Merlins rumble.

My ex lives down there to; it was one of her friends friends I was helping out but overall it's been a nice summer.
Except the price of beer, which could give a man a hernia... 😱

Hoping Leeds is treating you well and you've been on some adventures. I expect some blackberry crumble shortly.
That's good to hear David, it's been far from special up north :rolleyes: I spent quite a bit of time in Kent when I was a young feller, and it is certainly a nice county. I imagine you found plenty to do there, and plenty of old churches to visit. The Spitfires must have been a real treat my friend :cool: Been steady up here, but there's been no shortage of blackberry crumble! :D :thumbsup:
We have seen quite a few new members join the Guardians of late, just proves what we all know, the popularity of the Lambsfoot and how useful the blade is as an all round work knife. :) .

nO7a9ed.jpg
Yeah mate, there's no going back once you've tried a Lamb :D ;) :thumbsup:

That's nice Ted :) Hope you all have a Happy Labor Day :thumbsup: Rachel is on the mend :) Here's a Waynorth to send your heart fluttering, and I hope you can pick one up one day :) :thumbsup:

6GQg3SM.jpg
I am a rather patient person, it only took about one and a half years before I acquired the HHB, while waiting for mom to be released from the hospital of all days. In all honesty, I'd rather have my family healthy. I saw a couple of them for sale in other places at a considerable mark-up and I prefer not to encourage such behavior. I will wait and hope, and dream..... I have several beauties and I can truthfully say I haven't had a single day in the past year when a Lambsfoot was not in my pocket, it is the absolute perfect utilitarian knife for my needs.
Cheers,
Ted

I am a rather patient person, it only took about one and a half years before I acquired the HHB, while waiting for mom to be released from the hospital of all days. In all honesty, I'd rather have my family healthy. I saw a couple of them for sale in other places at a considerable mark-up and I prefer not to encourage such behavior. I will wait and hope, and dream..... I have several beauties and I can truthfully say I haven't had a single day in the past year when a Lambsfoot was not in my pocket, it is the absolute perfect utilitarian knife for my needs.
Cheers,
Ted
Patience is clearly not your only virtue Ted :) That's sad to hear about the mark-ups on those Hartshead Barlows, I originally sold them at less than they cost me to get made :( Glad you are enjoying the Lambsfoot pattern so much :thumbsup:
Since the motif has been foods our Lambs like, here is my entry, fresh from the smoker
That looks tasty Ted :) :thumbsup:
My good old faithful ebony lambsfoot posing with one of the most photographed trees in Ontario and probably Canada.
A windswept white pine on a rocky outcrop at Killbear Provincial park

Unfortunately death looms near for this 100 year old tree as one limb died in 2019 and the centre of the tree is starting to hollow out.

LQF1qIb.jpg

2kwamwA.jpg

dPnz73c.jpg

QDkA8En.jpg
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos here Dan :) It's sad to hear about the impending demise of that iconic old tree :( :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, and I hope our US and Canadian members have a great holiday :) Dropped my 2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot in my pocket today, a solid worker :) Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

UxCPhTm.jpg

Back