Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I pass the building whenever I visit Sheffield. You may be interested to know that it was formerly owned by Firth Steel, and it was in that very building, in 1913, where Harry Brierley invented stainless steel. There is a plaque on the outside of the building

A stainless steel Lambsfoot was a wonder...:D:thumbsup:

Okay Jack I will remove this if I'm wrong but this certainly seems to be a Lambsfoot on this Needham, Eyre St, Sheffield.
Whatcha think? A fine well made and strong one.View attachment 1104377

It's a Sheepsfoot that's been sharpened Dwight (leave it here for education purposes! ;) ) :thumbsup: This is a Needham Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

gJ9SD7m.jpg

Use it, John!
No!!! You can't make me. :D
I'm just so afraid to put the first scratch in it...

I think I am going to bloody Lucy up soon :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
Scary thought, Jack. :eek:

Now that's Scary!!! :eek:
Mom... Jack's trying to give us nightmares again. ;)

It's certainly unusual ;) :thumbsup:

dbhtooH.jpg

smTcMto.jpg

l4Zk099.jpg

KZj34l5.jpg

IrcIaQV.jpg

mbmSqrb.jpg

PFHztw1.jpg

Se62YNN.jpg

It was supposed to be in carbon o_O Stan told me, "I thought you could keep it for best." :rolleyes:
That is interesting and really cool. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

It's a licorice allsorts day. ;)
View attachment 1104207
All-sorts are a last resort candy, with both licorice and coconut. I always considered them "grandma" candy. The idea being that they buy it so the grandkids won't eat it all when they come visit.
Reason enough.
Why is the label upside down?
So you can read it while it's pouring!
I've seen U.S bars on telly shows and often wondered what stopped the barstaff from just carrying on pouring. Does a 'jigger' hold a certain volume then?
Most good bartenders will hold the jigger over the glass while filling it, tip the jigger while still letting the bottle pour, so you get about a shot and a half.
I actually carried the ironwood today.
Still afraid to use it and ruin that pretty/shiny blade though. :D
It's your call of course, but look at the pretty patina colors:
f04uYJT.jpg

All-sorts are a last resort candy, with both licorice and coconut. I always considered them "grandma" candy. The idea being that they buy it so the grandkids won't eat it all when they come visit.

So you can read it while it's pouring!

Most good bartenders will hold the jigger over the glass while filling it, tip the jigger while still letting the bottle pour, so you get about a shot and a half.

It's your call of course, but look at the pretty patina colors:
f04uYJT.jpg

An old lady I encountered in the street was bemoaning the decline of Allsorts (yes, that's Yorkshire for you! :D) "There's nowt but sugar in them, you can't even taste the liquorice!" She made me taste one to prove the point! :D :thumbsup:

I love the colours you get with patina on a polished blade :) :thumbsup:

Back