1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Page 900 coming up already?!

2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    yes, it is!
    and that was a large Dalek, Jack!

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    What a lovely looking place. Nice photo, Jack.

Can't wait to hear this!!!
    I've been putting my knife purchasing on hold for a while, but if this is what I think it is... I may have to start saving my pennies. ;)

4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Three pages since this morning!!!
    Too many pictures to quote 'em all, so just know that I've been enjoying each and every one of them.

5. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    65826568-0098-4803-B2F2-94BB5AB1EAD4.jpeg 93217ADC-DEA3-4237-B826-50AB8ED3494E.jpeg

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Guardians!

@Cambertree , here is the Michael May Lambsfoot Chin, along with it’s Barlow mate a la Trevor Ablett.

@mitch4ging , yes, those are our cows. They are one half Angus and one half Brahma. That makes them a F-1, first generation cross. They have lots of hybrid vigor but are pretty tough to handle!

6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Jack. That new Sambar lamb is really something!

Outstanding Harvey.

The last several pages are way too full of gorgeous lamb pics to list em all.

Hope your weekend is going well Guardians. (just about to hit post when Leslie posted his Michael May.Wow!!!!)

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  7. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good picture Dwight, beautiful "AC"!!!;):thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  8. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you José and an outstanding photo of your pinstriped ironwood lamb in the sunshine my friend. :)

dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Love your photos and narration of the UK and Lambsfoot's history, Jack, thank you.
    Nice that a worker looks so good, Dave, it must like to work!
    Turned out excellent, too, Jose.
    Nice one, Jeff, must be the earthy feel it gives:D:thumbsup:
    I'm sure it's because it looks so good with a Stag and Damascus Lambsfoot:D:thumbsup::D
    Sure hope I get the good news in time!!!
    Did some looking online, looks like they might useful enough for the investment, even though I don't play enough...only change strings a few times a year. They would be handy for other tasks! Thanks, Kevin, '19 is looking good!
    That is some good looking ironwood in that photo, well done.
    That is an exceptionally good looking Lambsfoot, thanks for posting that. Like the brass bolsters!

10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black I forgot the exact program and presenter(maybe Nova), but he showed an artist walking around a simple chair, showing the different perspectives. Most of us have a set number of knives. I don’t always succeed, but the fun challenge is how to display each one differently. Changing perspective is one way.

Cambertree, OLd_gUY and Fodderwing like this.
  11. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    How about Guardians getting first dibs on @waynorth Charlie’s good news.:)

@Fodderwing Thank you Dwight. Always a pleasure to see your Lamb in that great environment.

mrknife, pjsjr, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Jose, I can't wait until some of the REAL photographers get hold of one :D :thumbsup:

:eek: :thumbsup:

The biggest in Yorkshire! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Here's one of the River Aire further upstream :)

[​IMG]

And one with a Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks John, I used to have some business interests there, and would go there at least once a week. It's a nice little market town :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight, stunning pic there my friend :) :thumbsup:

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I always mean to go and have a look in the photography sub-forum, but never seem to find the time :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  14. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    From the look of things, you got it down pat, as do everyone else here. Love your environmentals. The photography here is perfect. No need for change.

Ramrodmb likes this.
  15. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
    It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
    I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
    The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
    The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
    Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
    JRs A.jpg

mrknife, biglmbass, Magizm7 and 22 others like this.
  16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey, you're very kind :) I try to take as many pics as I can when I'm out, because I know at least half of them will be out of focus! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

pjsjr, Prester John and cigarrodog like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    While I've been grateful to have been taken into your confidence all along Charlie, this is still great news my friend, and a real milestone :) I can't wait to see the knife, and to see the Waynorth Cutlery stamp on it :) Congratulations on your perseverance Charlie :) :thumbsup:

wolfeknives, Cutfinger, pjsjr and 7 others like this.
  18. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Congratulations on getting your Lambfoot green lit. It will be superb.

TFBraden and Fodderwing like this.
  19. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
    The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
    Tang mark:
    I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American! #93 Real Lambfoot cc.jpg revised #93 Drawing.jpg 93 lamb foot Buttons.jpg

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::p

cigarrodog, tmd_87 and Prester John like this.