Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

9ysGmUr.jpg
What a lovely looking place. Nice photo, Jack.

I do have some good news coming up though!!:D
Can't wait to hear this!!!
I've been putting my knife purchasing on hold for a while, but if this is what I think it is... I may have to start saving my pennies. ;)

View attachment 1105453 View attachment 1105454

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Guardians!

@Cambertree , here is the Michael May Lambsfoot Chin, along with it’s Barlow mate a la Trevor Ablett.

@mitch4ging , yes, those are our cows. They are one half Angus and one half Brahma. That makes them a F-1, first generation cross. They have lots of hybrid vigor but are pretty tough to handle!

Yet another fantastic pic Dwight
Thank you Jack. That new Sambar lamb is really something!

Needs a little work
Outstanding Harvey.

The last several pages are way too full of gorgeous lamb pics to list em all.

Hope your weekend is going well Guardians. (just about to hit post when Leslie posted his Michael May.Wow!!!!)

IMG_1057.jpeg

Last edited:
It certainly does Joshua :) :thumbsup:

:eek:

A slippery customer for sure! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

It's Knaresborough in North Yorkshire Dave, and I've written about it many times in the distant past :) The photo is taken from Knaresborough Castle...

f585Sh5.jpg

Where this bloke used to hang out :eek:

:D :thumbsup:

Pic of my Damascus Lambsfoot in situ ;) :thumbsup:

RUfaV6p.jpg
Love your photos and narration of the UK and Lambsfoot's history, Jack, thank you.
Pt-Luso Pt-Luso here is my Rosewood worker, it also has some very faint stripes going on. :)
View attachment 1105381
Nice that a worker looks so good, Dave, it must like to work!
Today I took advantage of the sun and took photos of these two beauties!:cool::thumbsup:

4gomm9.jpg
Turned out excellent, too, Jose.
Thanks, Preston, and I always enjoy a bit of greenery in a knife photo. :thumbsup:

LZ4gvGX.jpg
Nice one, Jeff, must be the earthy feel it gives:D:thumbsup:
I was leaving an antiques shop earlier, and noticed a bowl on the counter full of white metal coins, and a sign reading 'Pirate Coins £3' . I took this one, when I looked it up, I realised they may have meant 'Pirated Coins' :rolleyes: I'd have got a few more if I'd know :) Anyone know why this coin was so widely counterfeited?

4LR4p0g.jpg
I'm sure it's because it looks so good with a Stag and Damascus Lambsfoot:D:thumbsup::D
Those Damascus stags are a class act, Jack!!:thumbsup:

I kinda missed the boat on those!!:(

I do have some good news coming up though!!:D
Sure hope I get the good news in time!!!
I would say, unless you are working in a shop and cutting several sets of strings a day those Felco cutters would last for a good long time. 15- 20 years. The model # on those are C7.
Did some looking online, looks like they might useful enough for the investment, even though I don't play enough...only change strings a few times a year. They would be handy for other tasks! Thanks, Kevin, '19 is looking good!
I don't think those were widely counterfeited, you don't see them often. But since they were worth a dollar when that represented a day's wages for many workers would have given incentive to create counterfeits made of less valuable metals.

That being said, it is a pretty good strike for a counterfeit. Someone put some work into the dies.

Lambsfoot content, nothing like some good ironwood.
d5K7x5G.jpg
That is some good looking ironwood in that photo, well done.
View attachment 1105453 View attachment 1105454

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Guardians!

@Cambertree , here is the Michael May Lambsfoot Chin, along with it’s Barlow mate a la Trevor Ablett.

@mitch4ging , yes, those are our cows. They are one half Angus and one half Brahma. That makes them a F-1, first generation cross. They have lots of hybrid vigor but are pretty tough to handle!
That is an exceptionally good looking Lambsfoot, thanks for posting that. Like the brass bolsters!

Jack Black Jack Black I forgot the exact program and presenter(maybe Nova), but he showed an artist walking around a simple chair, showing the different perspectives. Most of us have a set number of knives. I don’t always succeed, but the fun challenge is how to display each one differently. Changing perspective is one way.

Each time I look at her more beautiful seems to be!!!:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks Jose, I can't wait until some of the REAL photographers get hold of one :D :thumbsup:

Page 900 coming up already?!

:eek: :thumbsup:

yes, it is!
and that was a large Dalek, Jack!

The biggest in Yorkshire! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Here's one of the River Aire further upstream :)

wt41mDK.jpg

And one with a Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

eZbsvdg.jpg

What a lovely looking place. Nice photo, Jack.

Thanks John, I used to have some business interests there, and would go there at least once a week. It's a nice little market town :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. That new Sambar lamb is really something!

Outstanding Harvey.

The last several pages are way to full of gorgeous lamb pics to list em all.

Hope your weekend is going well Guardians. (just about to hit post when Leslie posted his Michael May.Wow!!!!)

View attachment 1105465

Thanks Dwight, stunning pic there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black I forgot the exact program and presenter(maybe Nova), but he showed an artist walking around a simple chair, showing the different perspectives. Most of us have a set number of knives. I don’t always succeed, but the fun challenge is how to display each one differently. Changing perspective is one way.

I always mean to go and have a look in the photography sub-forum, but never seem to find the time :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
JRs A.jpg

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
View attachment 1105497

While I've been grateful to have been taken into your confidence all along Charlie, this is still great news my friend, and a real milestone :) I can't wait to see the knife, and to see the Waynorth Cutlery stamp on it :) Congratulations on your perseverance Charlie :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1105497
Congratulations on getting your Lambfoot green lit. It will be superb.

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!#93 Real Lambfoot cc.jpg revised #93 Drawing.jpg 93 lamb foot Buttons.jpg

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D

Back