Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
View attachment 1105497

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D
That's way more than just "good news'.
A very big congratulations to you, Charlie.

So, I have been trying to get GEC to make a Real Lamb Foot knife for several years!!:rolleyes:
It would be a production run of a pattern that has been largely ignored in the North American market since the Lambfoot was developed or invented in England.
The various stamps have arrived, and just to add to the firsts, it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
The knife is based on a Joseph Rodgers (JR) design I particularly admire. It won't be a direct copy, but will use some of the best features the JR has to offer, along with GEC's great design skills, materials and workmanship!!
Here are the Joseph Rodgers Lambfoot knives; the jigged bone being my favorite, but the wood (I think Cocabola ) my second.
View attachment 1105497

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

Just awesome news, Charlie! I hope the Guardians are able to snag a bunch.

Tang mark:

Congrats on a Waynorth Cutlery stamped knife!!! I have always wondered...
Great size! That will be a "must have". Or more appropriately a "try to get".

fjBmGdh.jpg

I was caught up with reading this thread early Friday morning, and now I'm caught up again for the moment.
I feel like Sisyphus!! :eek::eek::rolleyes:
Maybe tomorrow I'll actually respond to some posts (or maybe I'm regressing to my pre-membership days when I simply lurked).

This week, the lambsfoot I've carried has been my Lam Jack, the 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
jan18.gl.pile.open.bht.jpg

- GT

waynorth waynorth - Wonderful wonderful news Charlie. Congratulations on many levels. I am excited to hear about this project becoming reality and so soon! The closed length will make it extra special and with it being the proto Waynorth Cutlery how much better could it get? Waiting with great anticipation!

View attachment 1105497
That is really exciting news Charlie congratulations on your first branded run! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I can't wait to see them! (and hopefully get one!)

Last edited:
It certainly does Joshua :) :thumbsup:

:eek:

A slippery customer for sure! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

It's Knaresborough in North Yorkshire Dave, and I've written about it many times in the distant past :) The photo is taken from Knaresborough Castle...

f585Sh5.jpg

Where this bloke used to hang out :eek:

:D :thumbsup:

Pic of my Damascus Lambsfoot in situ ;) :thumbsup:

RUfaV6p.jpg

Very neat picture of the castle, Jack. And that stag handled Damascus model is beautiful!!!

Thanks for all the other great pictures from everyone else as well!!!

Tang mark:

Looks great :) Not sure if you have settled on materials or not but I could put together some mock-ups if needed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1105497

Wonderful news, waynorth!!!!!!
And you couldn't have picked a finer knife to use as a model than that Rodgers.
Also great to know that it will carry your own personal brand.

Tang mark:

Yowza!

Congrats Charlie that knife looks amazing. Hopefully I can land one!

Congrats Jack on 901 pages! Jeez this thread is really just going crazy!

Congrats Guardians on the 901 pages as well, my favorite place to hang in Bladeforums is this subforum! I think this page was around 300-400 when I started hanging around...I think. Enjoy your Saturday all!

Tang mark:

Wow! I knew something was in the works on this from bits and pieces of info that I picked up here and there!!! ;) Charlie congratulations on your tang stamp and a beautiful knife to debut it with. I can hardly wait to see them! :D

Back