1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    GREAT NEWS!! Looking forward to it.
    Thank you
    OG

2. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    I'm very excited to see this knife come to fruition Charlie!!! ;);););)

Pàdruig, OLd_gUY, Jack Black and 5 others like this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Gary, you’re Lam Jack and its’ reflected light frames things nicely. I think I can speak for everyone when I say the welcome light is always on. Do what you have to do to take care of things. We’re blessed with your presence.

4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Looking forward to this American Lamb Foot, Charlie, and hoping for some excellent jigged bone covers!

OLd_gUY, Jack Black, waynorth and 2 others like this.
  5. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I like your whiskey glass, Jack. I’ve always found the old pewter tankards with glass bottoms interesting, too. :thumbsup:

I think the vandalism to that mural must’ve occurred not long before my visit to Sheffield in December. I think you first noticed it when we were walking down the hill together to grab breakfast. It’s a real shame. :(

Beautiful knife, Jack, always a pleasure to see that one. Have you spoken to Stan recently? I know it had been a while since you’d had a chance to visit with him. (Sorry if you’ve mentioned it elsewhere, I’ve done a pretty poor job of keeping up lately.)

Randy, having spent all my formative years in Arkansas, I've always been fond of sweet tea, but over the last few years I’ve come to appreciate iced tea without quite so much sugar in it. It’s even pretty good without any sugar at all. That said, if I’m making a pitcher at home, I’ll usually add some sugar, but only about 1/4 (maybe less) of the amount my mom or either of my grandmas would’ve used. :D

Hey, I was listening to this song just the other day. :D

Exciting stuff, Charlie! Really looking forward to this one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TFBraden, OLd_gUY, pjsjr and 6 others like this.
  6. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Wonderful news Charlie. Congratulations the drawing looks superb. It looks like the sharpened part of the blade will be a hair under the inches mark, which is good news for people over here in the UK. Thanks a lot.

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great pics guys :) :thumbsup:

Good to see you here GT :) And your Lam Jack :) Keep pushing the rock brother! ;) :D :thumbsup:

The usual Sisyphus analogy here used to be with 'the painters on the Forth Road Bridge' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Bridge), who got to one end, only to have to start again. However, unlike Sisyphus, their task came to an end eventually (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14789036), kind of ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for your many great contributions Taylor :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Looking good Ron :D :thumbsup:

Nice :) :thumbsup:

That'd be nice :) I'm sure Charlie will be fair, but let's remember folks, this thread is about discussing the knives themselves, not the buying process :thumbsup:

Fabulous Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, those market traders make very little, it's almost as bad as stealing from a charity box :( :thumbsdown:

Great collection Rachel :) I think I might go Big today in celebration of Charlie's achievement :) :thumbsup:

Because of your restrictions at work John? :( I wasn't a particular fan of the small size initially, but the ACs really charmed me :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Charlie (see folks? :) ), it's been hard containing my excitement these past few years, but I am so thrilled for you, and for all of us :) :thumbsup: Please help protect us from a lolly scramble! ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, hard to believe how fast the last 400 pages have gone! :eek: When we get to page 1000, I'll announce some giveaways :) :thumbsup:

Wonderful wood, I am grateful for all your insights on the subject :) I have heard cutlers say Lignum also clogs their belts up :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett, it was a gift from a friend last Christmas :) I have my grandfather's slightly-battered old pewter tankard with the glass bottom and hanged man, but unfortunately, my grandmother, having spent many years in the cutlery trade, in later life, through one of her many old pals, had it silver-plated, which makes it a pain to clean :rolleyes:

Yes, that'd be right Barrett, a terrible thing, and the mural has been painted over now :( I was talking about it with John Maleham recently, and he said he caught someone painting graffiti (tagging) on the wall of the factory. When he challenged the youth, he said it was art, so John told him to go and paint on his mother's house, and he could tell her that! :rolleyes:

A month or so ago Barrett, but only on the phone, I really need to get over and see him, but he has been off work for a while, recovering from a cataract operation. I have been so busy lately, but will try to get over to see him soon :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Spooky! :eek: No doubt it was something to do with Eleanor my friend :) :D :thumbsup:

Did you mean to add that (bracketed) Wayne? :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, looks like you've been busy while I've been snoozing! :D Taken me a good hour to put this post together! :eek: I better get my skates on! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that your Sunday is just as good :) :thumbsup: I'm at least as thrilled by Charlie's announcement as everyone else - been waiting for this one a lonnnnnngg time - but please bear in mind my comments above, and also help protect the non-commercial nature of our thread from the indiscretions of any newcomers who wander in :) :thumbsup: To celebrate the great news, I thought I'd carry a couple of Big 'Uns myself today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Dwight...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  9. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Preston...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog and pjsjr like this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Beautiful river landscape and formidable "AC"!;):thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Wonderful news Charlie, have everything to succeed, I hope to have the luck of one arrival in Portugal!!!:):thumbsup:

Ramrodmb and cigarrodog like this.
  12. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good Sunday Gary, Beautiful Guardians "17"!!!:):thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Beautiful knife Dave, you are quite right the stag Pere David is wonderful.
    I love mine, too!!!;):thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Dschal and Jack Black like this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Wonderful "AC" Ron!!!;):thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  15. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks for the information, there are always things that we do not know, I have to also polish mine to be more beautiful!!!:cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good Sunday to all the Guardians, in the company of a beautiful Lambsfoot and a good beer!!!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

17. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Have a great Sunday all IMG_1136.jpg

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    My work restrictions have taught me one thing...
    I really prefer a smaller knife that I can slip into my watch pocket. The regular sized Lambsfoot fits pretty well in my Wrangler's watch pocket. It's a bit snug, but the shape of the handle makes it very comfortable to carry that way. I'm thinking the Small Lambsfoot would be my "ideal" knife for size and blade. I plan to find that out for sure some day soon.

The regular sized Lambsfoot is actually the biggest knife I have in my collection now. I've sold everything bigger because I just never carried them. I guess I'm just a small to medium sized knife guy at heart. I'm not really a collector of knives, more like I have a good amount of knives that I like to rotate through. So if they don't get carried, they end up getting sold or given away.

That was a wordy way of saying, "I like 3" to 3-5/8" knives". :D

19. Roscotanna

Roscotanna

Apr 28, 2018
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Index @Cambertree what a great resource.
    I've spent the weekend sloooowly filing away at the kick and have the spring almost flush when closed... Close enough for it not to bother me and I know that if I keep going sods law will make sure the edge hits the spring!

cigarrodog, Cambertree and Jack Black like this.
  20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning Guardians! :D This was yesterdays mid day snack, poutine :thumbsup::p
    Poutine.JPG