Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I got so excited about the new Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot ;) I forgot to post Ashley’s fine stag that I’ve been spending time with today! :D

31996934637_53df5cf585_b_d.jpg

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D
Let me add my congratulations, Charlie, looks great, doubly so, with your own tang stamp. Now to have the great good fortune to acquire one.

...You're not kidding! ;)
I was once looking at some penknives on a fleamarket, I could see straight away that there was only one worth having. I was asking the dealer about prices when I heard this voice behind me, "Ooo! Penknives!" The next thing, a huge hand came over my shoulder and scooped up the whole lot. I turned round, annoyed, but the feller the hand belonged to must have been in his 70's. A minute later, he put the knives back, but the one I had my eye on was missing! :eek: After that, I watched the guy, and I saw that he stole something from every stall he went to! :eek:
Musta been related to the infamous BFO :). Don't know why some feel they have the right to steal from others and to use age as an excuse for being rude.
One thing I do know is that his Karma will get him.
I am proud to tell you, that the knife is in the works!!:)
...it will be my first knife with my Brand on it! :eek: Waynorth Cutlery!!!:cool:
Congratulations :thumbsup: Looks like it's time for me to start saving up...again. Hope I'm fortunate enough to score one.

Is it wrong to already be sad that I wasn’t able to get one?:(
Oh, no. I find skipping the "appointment" reduces the inevitable disappointment. :p

Besides, I'm well appointed in the Lambsfoot department.
WMZ0SoV.jpg

I do look forward to seeing these new American Lambs, though. :cool::thumbsup:

I carried my Rosewood Big-un today:
gZ7Lvfp.jpg

Here is a drawing of our American Lambfoot, and a revised sketch which shows a change in the kick. I was trying to get a "full" stovepipe*, but production realities altered it a bit!
The knife, on a new GEC pattern #93, is a hefty 3 7/8" long!!
Tang mark:
I used Buffalo as my home base, to recognize my birthplace, and to give tribute to the fact that the knife is truly American!View attachment 1105500 View attachment 1105504 View attachment 1105511

* another of those phrases only knife people understand!!:D
It looks pretty nice Charlie . It took a while to come around to fruition , but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now my friend .

Harry

Even the few which are relatively plain look great under the light though. It is certainly beautiful wood, though it seemed disproportionately expensive :thumbsup:

That's one of the things I like about ironwood. Even plain wood looks great in the light, the chatoyance is remarkable.

Beautiful wood, it looks like it was varnished!!!;):thumbsup:

Desert ironwood has so much oil that it will look like it has been varnished if it is buffed well. A while back I had a local custom maker use desert ironwood for some handles and he complained that it was so oily that the dust didn't fall loosely from his sanding belt, it clogged the belt up.

Back