Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I've been down at the Royal Armouries museum again today as I noticed they had a War of the Roses (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses) weekend on. I stayed for a small-scale re-enactment of the Battle of Dinting Dale, which was fun to watch. I thought I'd share a few pics (maybe post some more in the Pearl thread if I ever get a chance :rolleyes:). I was impressed with how the re-enactors got stuck in :D :thumbsup:

aIAcKp8.jpg

jxC3XrP.jpg

VLFL3iF.jpg

However the REAL violence came later! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

6PLgEpL.jpg

fYVL25x.jpg

PfH9GOs.jpg

The Black Prince was in attendence ;) :thumbsup:

25h3rNF.jpg

I've been down at the Royal Armouries museum again today as I noticed they had a War of the Roses (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses) weekend on. I stayed for a small-scale re-enactment of the Battle of Dinting Dale, which was fun to watch. I thought I'd share a few pics (maybe post some more in the Pearl thread if I ever get a chance :rolleyes:). I was impressed with how the re-enactors got stuck in :D :thumbsup:

aIAcKp8.jpg

jxC3XrP.jpg

VLFL3iF.jpg

However the REAL violence came later! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

6PLgEpL.jpg

fYVL25x.jpg

PfH9GOs.jpg

The Black Prince was in attendence ;) :thumbsup:

25h3rNF.jpg
Looks like loads of fun!

A Lazy Sunday Brunch...

Healthy start to the day John :) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
O4RqEP9.jpg

Have a quacking good Sunday!

You too Vince! :D :thumbsup:

Cheddar may be the most popular internationally too. It's my favorite, especially the extra sharp. The Mexican restaurants around here usually use cheddar in the cheese enchiladas.
I also like Cheshire cheese, but haven't found it lately. Similar taste to Cheddar but more brittle.

Cheshire is a little sharper than Wensleydale, but similar in colour and texture :) :thumbsup:

Love that big Ebony, Jack and hope you enjoyed your pints.:thumbsup:
The off topic portion of the index is growing by leaps and bounds these days!!:eek::)

Pile side Ironwood
Jjx6S6P.jpg

Thanks a lot Mark, nice pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

I suspect all the off-topic stuff probably won't be indexed :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

No doubt there is an overwhelming amount of info here but thats a good thing! Thank you everyone for all the helpful replys. I will go back through the thread and build my research up further and plan on picking up a large lamb foot very soon!

The index is a great resource, but if you can spare the time, the whole thread makes a great read :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic of your AC Joshua :thumbsup:

Looks like loads of fun!

Yes, it was on all weekend, but I only stayed for an hour. All free of charge too :) :thumbsup:

Guardians, you're welcome to join me as I enter the Way-Back Machine and revisit some posts that caught my eye over a week ago. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Preston. :)

Dave & Dwight, thanks for the Awesome Captures, speaking photographically, of your ACs! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

What a heartless boss you have, FBC! :(:p
That OX-horn lambsfoot deserves your hugs and kisses! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That shot shows off Old Toffee Wings old toffee wings to good effect, Jer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You see the world in a much richer way than I do, Harvey; stupendous shot!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

When my daughter was little, she watched a TV show about Barney the Purple Dinosaur and learned to sing, "I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas." I don't think the show ever extolled the virtue of a lambsfoot in enjoying that healthy snack. ;)

Congrats on the lambsfoot and on your recognizing ways to use it to enrich your life, @ty_higg! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Don't remember the first album I bought, but my first 45 was the Royal Guardsmen singing about "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron". (I think the only other 45 I ever bought was Cheech and Chong's "Basketball Jones". I guess it's not a surprise that I occasionally buy novelty knives. :D)

Awesome signed baseball, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Your ironwood lambsfoot is almost as awesome! ;)

A stag lambsfoot among the flowers - very thoughtful, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taylor, that ebony lambsfoot on a big old knot looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Always good to see a rare jigged bone lambsfoot, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Handsome handful of lambsfoot, stag and ironwood, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ironwood and daffodils! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm starting to believe that spring WILL eventually come again! :rolleyes:

Cool pics for sure, Darren! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That photo - shock and awe!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Dwight, you're so good at taking pics already, and now you've trained spiders to help you?!? ;)

The old man's hairline is at the top red line, to the left of the baby, and his eyes are at about the same level as the baby's eyes, but his chin is almost down by the bird. I don't see the Lab. :(

:D That reminds me, Dave, after you named your '19 Guardians Lambsfoot Totem, I wanted to show you this little practice piece (above and to the right) I whittled 2-3 years ago:
dbGYY7X.jpg

I agree! :thumbsup::thumbsup: José's whale knife is a wonderful piece!

Here's a pic of my Lam Jack when it was new (October 2017):
View attachment 1105927

- GT
Thanks GT!

Mad respect to anyone who tries(dares:)) to keep up on a Part Time basis.

JohnDF JohnDF Tasty

Prester John Prester John Also Tasty.:)

Jack Black Jack Black A pint to slake the thirst while watching the slaughter and mayhem.

dc50 dc50 Enjoy the Molson. Cheers David.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb A good look at the pile side.

Jack Black Jack Black Just the coolest pictures.

JTB_5 JTB_5 That Stag looks wonderful, Joshua.

I’m not much of a drinker, but enjoy an occasional one. After seeing all the carousing:)))that goes on around here, I felt the need to join in on the fun. I went to the local merchant, knowing absolute zip about what to drink. After a thorough consultation, I chose a four pack of Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout. Supposedly brewed with water drawn from a well sunk in 1758. All I can say is that it was delicious, and that I still have three more bottles.
9DCDDAB5-97B9-43BE-9824-4E5409D24F08.jpeg

Last edited:
Mad respect to anyone who triesdares:)) to keep up on a Part Time basis.

JohnDF JohnDF Tasty

Jack Black Jack Black A pint to slake the thirst while watching the slaughter and mayhem.

I’m not much of a drinker, but enjoy an occasional one. After seeing all the carousing:)))that goes on around here, I felt the need to join in on the fun. I went to the local merchant, knowing absolute zip about what to drink. After a thorough consultation, I chose a four pack of Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout. Supposedly brewed with water drawn from a well sunk in 1758. All I can say is that it was delicious, and that I still have three more bottles.
View attachment 1105999
A few months ago I bought a large bottle of Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, and figured I'd pick a bottle up for my wife as well. I bought her that chocolate stout because she loves chocolate. She took one sip and didn't like it, so she gave it to me. It was delicious! Almost bought again yesterday, but went with a six-pack of Shiner. Everything I've tasted from Samuel Smith is excellent.

Mad respect to anyone who triesdares:)) to keep up on a Part Time basis.

JohnDF JohnDF Tasty

View attachment 1105999
What a wonderful photo Harvey! I don't let peer pressure get to me. When I was still working, a few of the employes only ate salads for lunch, I was sorely tempted to follow this way of life. I stood strong and kept eating my ham sandwiches, stay strong my friend. :thumbsup::p

Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

A pleasure my friend - You're going to have to learn to multi-quote! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1105999

Yes indeed! :D Nice choice, and a beautiful pic :) I'd guess that it right about the well, 250 years is considered quite recent here, the owner of Sam Smith's is at least that old ;) :thumbsup:

A few months ago I bought a large bottle of Samuel Smith Imperial Stout, and figured I'd pick a bottle up for my wife as well. I bought her that chocolate stout because she loves chocolate. She took one sip and didn't like it, so she gave it to me. It was delicious! Almost bought again yesterday, but went with a six-pack of Shiner. Everything I've tasted from Samuel Smith is excellent.

Is it expensive in the US Vince?

What a wonderful photo Harvey! I don't let peer pressure get to me. When I was still working, a few of the employes only ate salads for lunch, I was sorely tempted to follow this way of life. I stood strong and kept eating my ham sandwiches, stay strong my friend. :thumbsup::p

:D :thumbsup:

Back