Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sounds great, Jack!
Great pics this weekend from everyone!:thumbsup:
33rQF2s.jpg

I'm hoping so Mark, going to be all steel construction - except for the stag of course! :D

That's another lovely pic of your '19 :thumbsup:

I've got a camera you have to plug into a computer. A real pain in the ____! Haven't used it in years. I miss the 35mm cameras, and even the 110s, which were so easy to use. Polaroids were too big and the shortlived disc camera was crap.
I mostly just use my i-Phone camera now. Much better than the cameras on the old flip phones.

I just take the memory card out of mine, and put it into a card reader in the USB port :thumbsup: Then I ride a trojan horse through a worm-hole in the backdoor! :D :thumbsup:

I'm amazed at the i-Phone pics we see here :thumbsup:

Way to go. You certainly deserve the prize :thumbsup:
OG

As an aside, I had finished my "Google quest" and was going to write my entry when I saw that Harvey had already posted. Since I was so impressed by his research, I decided not to post which was just as well as I was going to take a stab in the dark and guess 1930, anyway.
I couldn't make out the letter following "W." and since I am a neophyte in the Lambsfoot world, it didn't dawn on me to Google Saynor-so I put letters in front of "aynor" starting with E followed by Lambsfoot. When I got to S, and put in "saynor lambsfoot" I thought I might have struck paydirt. So I clicked Images and the contest photo was the first in line! So I came back here and was starting to write my entry when a I go an alert that a new post had been made and when I clicked on it, it was Harvey's entry. GRATS my friend :thumbsup:

Great info, Jack. Thanks :thumbsup: Never met one yet who wasn't above taking "liberties" :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

That's certainly is a grand old gal :thumbsup:

View attachment 1118931
OG
Thank you so much, OG. Much appreciation. As Detectives, I would partner with you anytime.:thumbsup::)

Your Lamb looks right smart in that fine image.

I know you all enjoy trees. Here is another picture of my grand old Oak tree in my backyard. As you can see, I finally got around to chopping down all the weeds that were waist-high. I really love this old tree, it's probably my favorite feature of my entire property.

First stop on our walk down town. Our favorite lunch spot! Passion Fruit Sour by Breakside.View attachment 1119026

A magnificent, mighty oak! Good work, looks great.
JohnDF JohnDF @Fodderwing Thank you kindly Gentleman.

Good Morning Guardians.
19FA1E6E-6D4C-4C02-81C2-553861D31B87_zpspw8rlq5j.jpeg
Right, add a transponder chip and it's a worry free knife.:D
Good morning, Guardians!
2M0po9X.jpg

No, that's not my breakfast!
Scramble those in with a few eggs and it could be.:p

Nice flies, Barry. I have a fish story...years ago Hank Roberts, living in Boulder, CO tied flies. His reputation grew and he developed a strong business selling his flies and tackle. As a youngster I would go into the sporting goods store and stare longingly at his display, knowing if I could just afford to use his flies I could catch a lunker. As the years past, I was able to afford to fish his flies and as luck would have it I hooked a tremendously large Rainbow. I played that fish as best I could but the closer it got to shore the stronger it fought. About ten yards from the landing net it broke free, I was devastated! I thought that I had tied the fly on wrong and it came loose at the eye. Upon examining it, the hook had broke at the bend. Now I was devastated and furious. I wrote to Mr. Roberts, sent him the fly, stating how disappointed I was with his fly. He wrote back, saying how sorry he was that I had lost the fish, but, that this fly was not of his manufacture, he only Eagle Claw hooks and this was not one. He went on to tell me that merchants would purchase his displays and when the Hank Roberts flies were sold replace them with cheaply made ones and sell those instead of his. From that point on I have been very careful what and where I buy my flies.
At least it snowed on there parade last night. :thumbsup:;)
View attachment 1118890 View attachment 1118892
A small consolation, Dave, but maybenastier weather will cause them to pay a heavy pe
For at least a couple of decades now, the Indian government has had an export ban in place on Sambar stag. This hit the Sheffield cutlers particularly hard, since it was unexpected, and the small remaining firms didn't keep stocks, as firms like Joseph Rodgers did in the past.

6Sp1OZY.jpg

Also, British stag is much less dense than Sambar stag with less character.

SpoTKms.jpg

They were forced to use very poor stag, seek alternatives, such as camel-bone, or abandon using stag altogether. Wright's stag was generally quite characterless, but they then managed to source some Pere David stag, which was a good deal better, and get it in decent quantities.

afo226K.jpg

They also managed to secure a smaller quantity of vintage Sambar, which had been cut for steak knife handles, which I used for the Ashley's Choice knives, and for some of the recent Damascus ones. It will also be used on the forthcoming Lambsfoot Barlows :thumbsup:

1tMr5yR.jpg
As usual great information, with pictures, Jack, especially about the stag to be use on the Lambsfoot Barlows:D
Oh look I just found a partial bag of licorice in my miscellaneous knife drawer that I was about to pack. :D
View attachment 1118926
Manna from heaven
View attachment 1118940
Went to the swap meet with my son. No knives. But my son bought an older Cannon camera that takes film. He asked me how to plug it into the computer to get the pictures :confused:....I had to explain the film to him and how it works. We ordered some film on that big site that starts with an A. He is excited!
Ahh, the bane of the digital existence!
My Grandfather taught me fly fishing, this is one of his bamboo rods. I refinished and re-wrapped it and another. I use it occasionally.
DSC_0306%5B1%5D.JPG

View attachment 1118940
Went to the swap meet with my son. No knives. But my son bought an older Cannon camera that takes film. He asked me how to plug it into the computer to get the pictures :confused:....I had to explain the film to him and how it works. We ordered some film on that big site that starts with an A. He is excited!
Some of us old guys still use sheets of film—and carry a Lambsfoot.
7JJ4oO6.jpg

Back