Gun Hoarding...Why

I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see,
I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.
When I kill all the whities I see, then whitey he won't bother me,
I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see."

DiJ

Sometimes, it is just impossible not to be judgemental.

(and that's why there is an 'ignore' function.)

kis,
I hope you didnt take that seriously. Its a semi-famous song from an old saturday night live sketch where garret morris was playing the part of a prisoner at his own parole hearing.
they asked him what he would do if he were released and he sang this song.
it was one of the funniest moments on television.

( Cabbit, what did I tell you about the number of forumites capable of pulling your leg? )

DIJ:

The proper response to such a scenario as you have posited is obviously use of a scoped 7.62x51 up to 50 BMG. Or maybe a Warthog if you have access to air support.

Note that we are equal opportunity around here, and feel free to insert your favorite friend or enemy as it strikes your fancy:
Kluxers, NDN's, hispanics, asians, blacks, whites, people under thirty, people over 30, Paiutes hating Navahos, militias, arabs, jews, neo-nazi's, and on and on...

Warthogs!
Hoo-ahh!

My AFROTC unit was a warthog battalion.
A10!

Im gonna fly with the canopy open....

Cabbit said:
A few recent posts on this forum have got me wondering why exactly someone feels they need a gazzillion assault rifle clips that hold literally enough ammo to wipe out a small town. I honestly can't think of any practical reason- ie hunting, self defence, etc. And to be honest it's a little alarming. The talk of "coming riots" and such only fuels this concern as that kind of talk is generally the trademark of extreme racism, paranoia or someone planning to commit an extreme act of violence.

Not looking to start a flamewar or anything. Just wondering why and am concerned that we may some day see one of our fellow forumites in the papers for commiting a horrendous crime that only fuels the anti-gun lobby.

You say you don't want flame YET you then proclaim all talk about 'riots', etc using the over-worn, hollow shell hate-label of 'racist'.

You are acknowledging by that statement that you admit that you recognize the race of the most prolific rioters in the USA.

Riots are a fact as are the people that most commonly commit them. To ignore that reality is simply to imitate the ostrich - it really won't protect you, but it'll make you feel good up to the point you are attacked and maimed/killed.

The world is, in general, a violent place. It's not right or wrong, it just is. That is the way it always has been and it's the way it always will be. No hollow words on paper, PC rhetoric, or silly laws (that the government itself ignores at will) can ever change that.

The people today are the same critters that walked the earth the last century and the century before that. They are no more enlightened, they are not a different species, they just have cooler toys.

Now, why do people have lots of guns and magazines for them?

Because the 2nd Amendment wasn't about 'sporting activities' and the government has proven that they are not there to protect you. In fact, the primary reason for the 2nd Amendment is to protect the people from the government.

Crime? There is also court precedent that the only legal obligation of the police is to follow up on reported crime, NOT to protect you.

To own a weapon and to acknowledge reality, no matter how politically incorrect, takes a bit of moral courage and backbone that too few today have.

Do I myself have an 'assault rifle'? Why yes I do and I have seventy, 30 round magazines and 5500 rounds of ammunition for it. If I run out of bullets I'll kill them with my khukuri.

Everyone, center yourselves.

The only thing they may save humanity from destroying itself is a threat from the outside. Then, we might actually band together to fight it. That seems to be the only thing humans understand. Danger from the outside. Outside the cave?

Weapons may be a test from the Infinite. Will you use them to save yourself, or destroy yourself? It's been put in your hands. Please be sane. Think.

AA

BTW, I don't really think we'll see an alien invasion, but if we do- as at the Montana Khompound, where we kicked alien A$$, we may for once pull together.

Stop fighting each other. Use g_d given aggression it's place- as the ultimate tool of self-defense for our species. Yes, all of them.

Cabbit,

If you are in the South Jersey area, I might be able to direct you to a good place to visit, with respect to firearms.

I grew up in NJ, and worked in a gun store for 5 years before moving to NC.

There are more gun owners in NJ than many of you may think. There are a few ranges, and some decent hunting too, if you ever get into that.

I agree with Rusty, that yor criteria for friends may change a bit, or at least you may find that you have some new friends, that are disticnt from your current circle of friends.

Also, you may experience soething similar to what Munk went through too. You may find yourself changing.

In my experience, owning a gun changed me. Carrying a gun has changed me even more.

I doubt you will ever get a carry permit in NJ, as things stand now.(unless things have changed a lot since I left!!)

It took me 6 months to get my first purchase permit, but that was 15 years ago. Things may be different now.

I would agree again with Rusty on Masaad Ayoob. Great gun writer. I need to get that book myself. he is a featured columnist in Guns magazine, as well as American Handgunner. Some sober stuff, but very sensible, as far as I can tell.

Whoever said that firearms represent the Bill of Rights was totally on target. That secures them all, if we have the courage to make use of it...

I remember in a post some time ago, Uncle Bill Talked about how he had re examind his treatment options, as he had concluded that his duty was to fight the disease he suffers with in any way possible, as he has a duty to preserve his own life.

We all do, as well as the lives of our neighbors. And that doesn't just go for diseases. It goes for any threat to life that we have any ability to resist and defeat.

It seems to me that we then have a responsibilty to be equipped to offer that help, if it is ever needed.

I know we all don't have the same resources, skills, time, or whatever. But we can strive to be better prepared than we are right now. We should at least do what we can, whatever that would look like for each of us.

Welcome Cabbit! I am glad it looks like you're legit!

Tom

Let me get this right - you keep firearms because of the possible alien invasion??? Like little green men kind of aliens???

Next question: I get ass with the a$$ but what's up with God, with the small "g" and no "o"? Another alien connection or something that correlates?

Umm, sorry, I guess clay1, a big part of this is humor. Thought-provoking is the best test of wit.

I don't actually own guns because I'm afraid of aliens.

Usually, I'm afraid of being misunderstood- which takes no arms whatsoever.

See the "Last Stand- Khukri in Hand Thread"

It's funny.

Everything else is what you make of it, right or wrong. G_D is a good accepted abbrev., sorry if I didn't cap. It's late.

AA

Ad Astra, thanks man, you had me a weirded out there for a moment. Silly, me I just read where Danny in Japan was giving someone the business, but I was too inept to get your drift. :rolleyes:

What you did was saying something about shooting whities and then in a later post said that was from a song and that you were joking around. Then Ad Astra was joking around about keeping guns because of an alien invastion. Sometimes when we talk about serious stuff, and make no mistake, guns are serious stuff - we tend to loose our humor. Maybe I should restate that and say that I sometimes loose my sensitivity to humor. :D

Cool. Just a pet theory of mine that unity comes to a group from outside stress.

Band O'Brothers, eh?

AA

Aliens, Zombies... All kinsa reasons to own guns. Just check out the forums on http://www.zombiehunters.org/ They're hilarious. I still can't decide whether or not they're serious :) . Good weapons, biology of zombies, melee weapons, survival. Priceless!

Also, all this talk of shooting got me itchy. It prompted me to break out the old Remington today and head to the shooting range. A couple of boxes of shells and 2 targets later, the worries of the week were simply blasted into oblivion. If you don't own a gun for any other reason, own it for stress relief!! :D

(BTW, a vintage Remington 11-48 shotgun, first owned by your great grandfather and used with buck shot and bird shot at close range on cardboard targets on a monitored range is a good way to go!! :D )

Clay1 said:
Maybe I should restate that and say that I sometimes loose my sensitivity to humor. :D

Great another one with no sense of Humor. He isn't sitting next to me, two of us unfunny ones will kill the party... :p

Get on the couch young man - no matter what your age - and let a guy with a degree in psychology tell you that your theory is as the Brits say: "Spot on" or absolutely correct. Pulling together against an outside force happens whether we are talking about a local wrestling meet or a much more serious conflict. By the way the degree is real, but that degree and $4 bucks still won't get me a good cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Thanks.

I can't even put a convex edge on a khuk, so I have a lot to learn. :footinmou :D

I know nothing about head science, and tend to avoid controversial threads like these. Tired. Haven't had a day off since Sept. 16. See my old threads for exp. Don't miss the "The Last Stand" thread.

AA

Back