Gun Hoarding...Why

Clay1 said:
...that degree and $4 bucks still won't get me a good cup of coffee at Starbucks...
Anyone who would pay $4.00 for a cup of coffee is in dire need of your services. I remember being outraged when coffee went from five cents to six cents a cup. When it went to a dime I thought that was the beginning of the end of the civilized world. Time has proven me correct.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain - er, Ben Arown.

Did I mention the similarities between the Land of Oz and the HI forum? To quote Dorothy to Toto: " I don't think we're in Kansas anymore... " I believe I can safely say that those on this forum tend to, well, um, "think outside the box", to say the least.

oz.jpg

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas any more"

What's the deal here?
Every word written out is now going to be held up to someone's moral standard and judged accordingly?
Or is it that every single word is now to be taken literally?

If that is the case, then I will be leaving the cantina.
I can't imagine Uncle Bill would have wanted this to become such a censured place.

(Judy garland was 17 when she did the wizard of oz, FYI. Old enough in many many many countries. )

DannyinJapan said:
...Judy garland was 17 when she did the wizard of oz, FYI. Old enough in many many many countries...
By the time you saw the movie she was old enough to be your Grandmother.

DannyinJapan said:
What's the deal here?
Every word written out is now going to be held up to someone's moral standard and judged accordingly?
Or is it that every single word is now to be taken literally?

If that is the case, then I will be leaving the cantina.
I can't imagine Uncle Bill would have wanted this to become such a censured place.

(Judy garland was 17 when she did the wizard of oz, FYI. Old enough in many many many countries. )

hey Danny,

hey man no worries. i don't know about the others, but as i am the big brother of a younger sister and some cousins, i myself feel strangely protective and i know, at the tender age of 17... them kids don't know squat about how rough life can get sometimes.

now i know that maybe yourself at 17 knew everything about the world, but when i look back at that age... it's scary to think how arrogant and how much i didn't know and STILL don't know.

older and more experienced men can do a real number on the young and stupid.

nobody ever said that nobility and decency got you alot of "fun".

gravertom said:
Cabbit,

If you are in the South Jersey area, I might be able to direct you to a good place to visit, with respect to firearms.

I grew up in NJ, and worked in a gun store for 5 years before moving to NC.

There are more gun owners in NJ than many of you may think. There are a few ranges, and some decent hunting too, if you ever get into that.

Very interested in any assistance you could give.

There is one range near me, but I haven't visited it yet. Not really sure how to go about it.

Danny- you're the one reacting, so you tell me what is important or not here.

I thought she was younger than that- read it somewhere.

Anyway, I never felt that way about Judy.

munk

I'm right there with you Munk, never felt that way about Judy..

but those munchkins.. and Glenda the good witch.. that's another story altogether.. :D

John Fogerty sang about a generation's unrequited lust when he wrote, "Annette had ears,... and we lusted in our hearts."

munk

To Cut Danny a break, he is currently living in a country where the age of consent is 14...

Baka Hentai!

Cabbit said:
There is one range near me, but I haven't visited it yet. Not really sure how to go about it.

Hey Cabbit,
Just thought I'd chime in here.
I'm not a gun collector, but have used/handled them a bit. The one I own is an old Remington TargetMaster 22 single-shot rifle. It was probably an appropriate first gun for a teenager in the 1950s.
I don't live in NJ, so I can't help with specifics. But, I've recently started going to the range a bit more. By doing an internet search, I found lots of public and private ranges in my area. You might try that. They will usually list a contact person or organization that can help you out or who you can refer questions to.
I had never been to an indoor range before, but I've visited one and really like it. The place was very customer service oriented and everyone there was friendly and helpful.
They have guns you can rent there, too. They said a lot of folks looking to purchase a gun come in to try out different models and styles before they buy.
Also at the indoor range while I was there for the first time were a policeman, a military guy, a church group, some college students, some mature gentlemen & their wives, and a couple "gangsta" types. A complete cross-section of the population.
Parry

This site lists age of consent.

link

Is New Mexico realy that F*+*ed up? or is it a missprint?

Homo Age of consent. 13?

hetro age of consent 17.

That cant be true Surely?

Spiral.

13 is way too young either way you swing! That's simply sick. Like Mexico w/ age of 12?!?! Holy crap! :barf:

Back