Gunting Seminar - Vancouver, BC. Nov. 9/10

Put your game faces on ladies and gentleman, it's play time!
Good luck all!

uuuh yeah remind me not to 'challenge' Bram again!:) I wasn't trying to be a cocky-ass or anything...just wanted to 'feel' firsthand what the G was all about.

The pain is for real. The training is for real. The Gunting is for real...

I just hope I can soak it all up...I'm slow but getting there...

haha, BOK, yeah, you got some good taste of pain today. I asked him a couple of questions, just about applications, nothing like challenging him or anything........next thing I know, I was demo on........then on the ground. It was pretty fun tho.

Well, its day TWO now. SLAM AND JAM TIME........Pretty sure we'll have more fun than day ONE...........errrr......more PAIN too.

Guys,
It doesn't work,no pain right?? HEE! Hmmmmm,I thought you all were gonna show Bram & Steve that the G isn't really that effective!!I tried telling you all, but Nooooooo,you wouldn't listen! hee,hee!
Can't wait to see the pics.!!See why I like & carry my G??;)
jim

hey jim,
got some pics, but have to develop them. I wasn't able to get the digital this weekend. Ill e-mail you the damage when i get them scanned...

My arms are ****ed! I have aXed to thank for all the nice, big welts. It was fun and the techniques were easy to follow. Need lots and lots of practise though.

Bolo - Can you do me a favour and send over that pic of my arm and I'll post it (I'm sending it to my lawyer...I'm gonna sue the pants off aXed:) )

Bolo,
THANKS, bet the pics. are "beautiful"!!Bok, problem bro??You posted "you" were "READY"!!hee,hee!Little itty,bitty Lady,caused you pain(bet she loved every minute!!Well,did I lie,did you not learn & retain??Would you sign up for another Bram & Steve Seminar??Are you like a # of us going to carry the G?? Where is the other member of the three some??hee,hee! Bolo, what did you think??
jim ;)

Jim... you are gonna love the pics! :D

as far as what I think...Ill write more later, but for now,
Just woke up, and all the numerous places that I've been tapped,hit, pinched, grabbed, pac-maned gouged... etc. are throbbing like a mo' fo.
All the concepts were so simple that learning and retaining was easy to do, and also THE PAIN :D helps you remember a heck of a lot. I loved how Bram incorperated the ~G~ not only into all the locks and holds, but also into the set up for them, which definately will help out when going full speed. One of the more practical self defence seminars/classes I have been to.
as far as carrying a ~G~ I'm getting a drone! THE DRONE ROCKS! I think its so much fun inflicting pain to someone without worring about being, as Bram puts it, "P.C.". It's so hard core that there's a drone (aluminum/rubber thing) for the drone.
Anyways, more later...

Jim, did you get your instructor certification?

The seminar was so sweet. I'm definitly going to go again.

It was so much fun!!!

Thanks to Bram, Frank, Steve and everyone else ( I don't remember everyones names....I am bad with names sorry) there who help to make it happen and so much fun.:D

Gunting doesn't work. Bram does not like uni. aXed is a helpless girl. I can choke hold Bram and he will be helpless. I can choke hold aXed and she will be helpless. The earth is flat.

Some examples of some misconceptions that were recently brought to my attention.

fine, i guess we're doing the review here then?

anyway, the whole thing was alright, ppl were ok, and the G is fine... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! :D

i had the biggest !@#$%@# blast at the seminar. i would like to remind everyone that of ALL THE PEOPLE THERE, the first thing Mr.Bram Frank Sir did was HUG ME!!!!!!!!!!! :D feel so honoured :)

AND AND AND!!! who was the ONLY one to get an autographed picture? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bram is so freakin cool, Steve is so freakin awesome, and Frank is just plain hardcore (holy crap he took a beating!)

but i would like to remind everyone AGAIN that i got each and everyone one of them pretty damn good (sneek attacks, but don't tell anyone! :D )

all for now, gotta feed this to jim a little bit at a time

Bolo: pls pls pls pls give me the pick of me putting Bram in that lock! pls pls pls pls!!!!

Jim: we ate so much sashimi i think we cleaned out the Pacific! :D

punched, jabbed, bruised, sore, tackled, thrown, pac-manned, pinned, jammed, knocked out... and LOVING IT! :mad:

aXed

Jim - yes I would go to the seminar again and yes I carry my G in its nice custom sheath from Frank.

Would I try to choke hold Bram again or try some other 'fancy' move on him? Yes I would. Would it work. No. But I'd try it anyway and he would show me why and then he would tell me why. Learning about the things I hear and read about firsthand with the master himself was and will always be an invaluable experience.

In order!Bolo,yeah got it & been teaching, was showing an officer(unbeliever at first)what The Drone COULD DO IF IT WAS THE "LIVE" BLADE! AFTERWARDS (YOU WOULD HAVE PAID TO SEE HIS EXPRESSION),he said "all I heard was a click,& my guts would have been all over the floor,show me that again"!!Bram was right "too easy" to slice & dice!Bok aX & others "you all" made my day, thanks for the report, funny the more you play with it the more you like it,get the videos, they will help refreash your pain memory!! Maybe I can make it up next year, aX,you maybe a little surprised when you hit or apply to me & get little if any reaction!hee! Bram didn't tell you did he??take care !
jim

Jim,
Haha, the seminar was a blast. I discover that I indeed had pressure points and that I am not superman. The gunting does work.....no need to worry about my gunting getting dusty anymore. Its my EDC now with the sheath. I would definitely go again for more fun. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it up here next time. Bram did tell us some stories about you......hahhaha, we know we know.

BTW, aXed wasn't that tough, I manage to poke her in the eye!!!!!.....haha Just kidding, I barely did any training with you.....Don't kill me at the xmas party;) :D ;) ......Maybe you, BOK and I can bring our G's to the pub afterwards and start a "party" there:D

My friend,
Do not believe the "stories" Bram said about me!!hee! Now you know why I carry the G,if not in the sheath it is somewhere on me! Looking forward to seeing the pics,so I can put faces with the names. Bram is such a nice guy,he is decieving, would you think this mild fun guy could turn into a... (fill in your own words)so quick!!
Noticed how he keeps grinning as the pain begins, makes you want to get better quick doesn't !!
jim

the first roll of film will be dropped off tonight at the developers. I still have about 11 pic on the other roll before I can develop. I'll finish them off at the christmas party. sorry Im taking too long....

BOLO,
No problem,aX will prob. try & buy the roll so we don't get to see it! So,if I can show up next yr. you gonna be there??Just promise you won't let BOK & aX hurt me!
jim

Back