Heads Up; More M390 from DLT

this would be my first time ordering from DLT,but i'll be doing the same as my 52100 frame and scales are just sitting looking for a new home.

DLT should do a Military M390/Red G-10 and sell it for $170-$175 each (less if you buy in quantity of 2+).

I would venture to guess that the markup is a lot less than 68%. I have no idea what Spyderco's distributor pricing structure is, but a common number in retail is the retail price (MSRP) is twice what the retailer pays. Do the math from there for prices that are less than MSRP.

And Yojimbo2 as well.

Yeah, the Yojimbo 2 lends itself well, to variations, IMO. I don't know if I'd carry a Yojimbo 2, but I surely do like the way they look, and I'd like to buy some compelling variations. I bought the brown and black combo...

As far as the Military, and an M390 variation thereof, I don't think it's worth the effort. PM2 & PM3, I think those make sense, when it comes sprint runs, or dealer exclusives. But, if there was a Military made with M390 and red scales, I might have to indulge. :)

I would venture to guess that the markup is a lot less than 68%. I have no idea what Spyderco's distributor pricing structure is, but a common number in retail is the retail price (MSRP) is twice what the retailer pays. Do the math from there for prices that are less than MSRP.

When you sell for double the price you pay, that is 100% markup (over cost). That'd be a huge markup for sure.

Edit: Retailers normally express 'markup' as the perecentage difference between cost and sale price, in which case the 'markup' of an item sold for double the cost, would be 50% markup in terms of selling price. To me, using the term 'markup' in that way is sort of a misnomer since it implies that you start at your cost and then 'mark up' from there. But alas, it seems more reasonable to the consumer to hear that a retailer's markup is 50% in terms of selling price, rather than hearing that it is 100% markup over cost. In my prior estimate I was speculating at 68% markup over cost, but if expressed in terms of sales price it'd be closer to 40% markup on a sales price basis. (Percentages kind of suck sometimes since they can vary so widely depending on whether you're calculating based on the starting point or the end point... But I digress).

Spyderco's pricing structure is a bit odd, with relatively high MSRP, but their MAP is a large percentage off MSRP. So I'd guess their dealer price is higher than MAP/2 but lower than MSRP/2. Just a guess.

Last edited:
Posted in celebration of many things to give thanks for!

cp6d4qN.jpg

I only bought 1 of the Red G10 M390 PM2's but if they offer a Military like it I will buy at least two maybe more.

Agree on the Military in Red G10 and M390.
I would purchase two immediately.

Regards,
FK

Yes! Military in red M390.

I only have one, 204P. I would love to have a second Military. Have been waiting to get one for a while, waiting for something special.

100% buy for me!

Back