Help make my new knife Old GAW....sort of

OK, let’s give this another try as August 2nd is just around the corner. I have another black Frontier I acquired that looks a bit “too unused”. Let’s get this one out and about until it gets back to me by that date and then I’ll carry it for a few weeks. TheChunk91 TheChunk91 send me your shipping address and I’ll get it to you this week. Same guidelines apply please, use not abuse, sharpen as needed no grinders and you decide who gets it next.(Crossing my fingers)
A0-B09097-40-D8-49-DB-86-F3-C46-EC8-AA2265.jpg

OK, let’s give this another try as August 2nd is just around the corner. I have another black Frontier I acquired that looks a bit “too unused”. Let’s get this one out and about until it gets back to me by that date and then I’ll carry it for a few weeks. TheChunk91 TheChunk91 send me your shipping address and I’ll get it to you this week. Same guidelines apply please, use not abuse, sharpen as needed no grinders and you decide who gets it next.(Crossing my fingers)
A0-B09097-40-D8-49-DB-86-F3-C46-EC8-AA2265.jpg

PM is on the way.

Alright. I am excited that this is starting up again, though I still wish that I got a chance with the original. It will all be good. We get to help give the Frontier some history :)

Well, terrible way to have to restart. But maybe you'll end up with two!

If you want, I'll take another go later on

Reactions: 315
It arrived safe and sound. I will sharpen it tonight and it'll be ready for work. 315 315 how long should I keep it before passing on?

View attachment 1054185

I figured a month of good hard work is about right, less if you want as it’s really your call. Glad it got there safe!

That is more than funny:D In all seriousness I do hope it shows up and he’s OK, just strange....but I have been watching Ancient Aliens on TV lately, perhaps they borrowed Johnny to help fix the worm hole;)

Great thread I stumbled across :):thumbsup:. I feel the same as the Op 315 when it comes to Traditionals, They look more appealing to me with the patina of time and use on them:cool: they remind me of the knives my grandpa would score for my father at the flea markets he set up at. He would gift them to father who would use the crap out of them then dad would pass them on to me. let me know if you need any help showing ( _ _ _ ) a good time at work. I seem to use a knife at least once an hour at work, I'm an electrician and I love taking pictures of knives. < Is that Weird :confused:

Looks like Paul received it on January 15th and I received it on February 15th... that's Swiss clockwork stuff there, can't guarantee I will be as timely but within a day +/- :D Time to cut the cheese...

View attachment 1074005
Maybe you could cut up something a little acidic than cheese veitsi_poika something like oranges or grapefruits to start a nice patina on those blades, She is still too shiny IMO. BTW any word one knife #1 and johnny twoshoes? I hope he's ok and the Bears didn't get him on the squirrel hunt:eek:.

Being born and raised in Wisconsin I still like to maintain a healthy diet of cheese and sausage and my users have cut plenty of both. So feel free to cut as much cheese as you likeo_O

Well my first order of business after reading through the whole thread (again) is that I really think we need to name this beautiful knife... so when I think of Frontier I think of "Space... the final Frontier", Star Trek. So during my time, I'm going to name him "Scotty" since we want this knife to feel like "Grandpa's" knife when he gets back home :) When its your turn, you can name him (or her) what you want, but for the next month... "Scotty, I need more power!"

upload_2019-2-16_17-38-40.png

Scotty helped me make 10 quarts of chili this morning that I then needed to bring to the Green Bay Curling club to help feed hungry curlers participating in the annual Green Bay Men's Bonspiel :D We did a little sight seeing on the way home.

F-1A.JPG F-1B.JPG F-1C.JPG F-1D.JPG F-1E.JPG

Packers practice field
F-1F.JPG F-1G.JPG

Couldn't leave without getting a pic of Scotty with Vince Lombardi and Curly Lambeau :D
F-1H.JPG

Back